FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
They got out of school about 2:30pm though. There's an extra hour in there before she called asking if they were home.
Thanks Panthera, Do we know what time the little boy saw Somer at the burned house?

Once said a crimal always returns to the scene of the crime.............
interesting............
from the clothing store can someone watch the burnt house and kids coming from school?
who runs the store? a man and woman???

I think it was posted upthread that you can see the burnt house from the thrift store. Cam-- is going to go make a clothing donation to get the inside scoop, who is running the store.

Cam... did you get pics from the store looking over to the burnt house?

Okay, after re-reading and re-visiting an indident in my own childhood. My new theory:

Somer was not taken anywhere in a car. She somehow made her way into the home on Gano street by her own accord. She was angry and upset with her group. This person did not snatch her, therefore causing no scene. They lured her in by being "nice" to her. She was in a vulnerable state. Might be someone she has seen before who has said hello to ALL the kids as they walked by. This might have also given her some comfort.

OR

Not to make any specific speculations of any person but my other thought is if the perp started out at the Gano address - she could have run into him as she walked by the residence or approached it after she initially lagged behind at the tanks or hid until the kids passed her - therefore leaving a MUCH bigger time frame. The little boy witness said she had a frown on her face. If she still had a frown when meeting this predator, it would give him is in. (ugh so disgusting) If there were others around - maybe he asked why the frown - I don't know just speculating - he could have told her a neat place to hide from everyone, then telling her to come back to the house soon for a special treat or something. If kids think someone is being NICE to them, it is sad but they don't sense that I MIGHT BE IN BIG DANGER vibe we get as adults!!

Oh yes, wanted to add - I feel she was never in a car because IIRC, LE nailed down those garbage trucks from that specific area.

Gypsyblue posted earlier that the person that rented at 1080, also is associated with the Clothes Closet..........now this makes me crazy....need to know a name here.....

Thanks to all who posted about the arrest today.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I find it interesting that the perp was arrested at the sheriff's office...would that mean he was brought down for questioning?

Maybe! And maybe they don't have enough evidence YET to hold him so they arrested him on this other charge.

Thanks Panthera, Do we know what time the little boy saw Somer at the burned house?

Just to keep facts straight. The little boy saw Somer over by the tanks, just short of the gano house. A person named Kyle claimed to have spoke to somer at the Gano/Burnt house.

That tells me she expected the kids home by 4pm, like a normal school day. Would that put them leaving the school around 3:30pm, her being last seen around 3:45 by the burned out house?

Thanks Mazama xox

School dismisses at 2:32 appx time to walk from school to home is 20 minutes
Please adjust the timeline if need be.
2:32 School dismissed--- give 5min. for visiting friends, gathering materials
2:37 Kids leave the building walking toward 1080 Gano Ave. Normal walking time from school to 1080 Gano Ave. is 5 min. Somer ran ahead, probably putting her @ 1080 Gano Ave. 1-2 min before the other kids
2:40 Somer arrives at 1080 Gano Ave.
2:42 the other kids arrived @ 1080 Gano Ave.
The walk from 1080 Gano Ave. to Horton Dr. is about 15 min.
2:57-3:10 The kids (only Abi is mentioned in the LE Report) should have arrived home at Horton Dr. (giving a little extra time because kids do play around on the walk home).
3:10 Abi arrived home, I’m assuming Somer’s twin brother S. was with her but I haven't determined if Andrew was.
3:25-3:30 Abi returns back home SP sends her out again and tells her to look real good for Somer before we call your mama.
(30 min gap in time)
4:00-5:00 SP texts Diena (Somer didn’t come home from school) Diena leaves work, goes to OPAA to get Andrew and flags down officer Coan
4:20 Diena calls Charles Currier asking him to get off work so he could come home and help find Somer. He left work and drove to residence (as per MPR)
5:00 Charles Currier arrives @Horton Ave picks up Samuel and goes to look for Somer
Interviews are conducted at Diena's home on Horton.

PLEASE!! Someone else look at this video where Jennifer Waugh states they are out at the crime scene!!!! Want to make sure I am NOT loosing it. I think it is important because we might be able to focus on this being truth - or decide it is bad reporting or was a freudian slip??? She states this about 42 seconds into the segment!!!
She refers to the house as the crime scene twice. If it is the crime scene wouldn't that dumpster in the video be considered by LE as the place somer was put knowing it would be emptied and taken to Georgia?(I'm still catching up, this is prob old news on this thread!)

Cam-- thanks for the giggle here. :)
This made me LOL... you are too much girl..!
Your hours are limited-- 9-12 so you can't waste
any time.

IMO just not enough info. right now; although I have suspicions about Kyle, mainly for what he said she said. I just don't buy it & after that, he was the last person to see her so that adds of course to possible suspicion. BUT, it probably wasn't quitting time & were there other workers there? If so, how would he get her to stick around until others went home? We really need more info. from the reporter who interviewed him. We also need to know if this was the crime scene, but I highly doubt LE is going to confirm this. They have made it pretty clear they are not going to talk about evidence.

Maybe! And maybe they don't have enough evidence YET to hold him so they arrested him on this other charge.

If you look back over the occurance reports there has been more than one RSO arrested since Monday when Somer disappeared.

She refers to the house as the crime scene twice. If it is the crime scene wouldn't that dumpster in the video be considered by LE as the place somer was put knowing it would be emptied and taken to Georgia?(I'm still catching up, this is prob old news on this thread!)

Dumpsters at construction sites aren't typically emptied on garbage day. The contractor arranges for the delivery of the dumpster and then the eventual emptying of the dumpster once the job is completed.

I see where you are coming from. BUT, dumpsters are not emptied by your local trash pick up, maybe some but not ones used on a construction project like that, they are usually rented!! They are hauled away by a truck that the dumpster would sit on. This sicko must have found another garbage can nearby to put her in. Wanting to get rid of the evidence asap! Or he could have just used the dumpster on the gano street property making it a lot easier to find her body.

Could have even put her in a neighbors at the bottom with stuff on top. I don't know, I feel like the monster even writing this stuff out.

IMO just not enough info. right now; although I have suspicions about Kyle, mainly for what he said she said. I just don't buy it & after that, he was the last person to see her so that adds of course to possible suspicion. BUT, it probably wasn't quitting time & were there other workers there? If so, how would he get her to stick around until others went home? We really need more info. from the reporter who interviewed him. We also need to know if this was the crime scene, but I highly doubt LE is going to confirm this. They have made it pretty clear they are not going to talk about evidence.

This reminds me: IIRC Tarabull was going to email the reporter last night about this interview.

Tarabull... did you get any response back, or did you send the email out?

TIA

Also- with the amount of time LE was at the burnt home collecting evidence, I have a deep feeling they walked away from that home with substantial evidence. Could be things they located with her body that match that home as well, and now waiting on DNA. kwim...?

That is kind of a strange thing for a child to say.....isn't it? Only people that know her would know best if that would be like her.....really wild info!

They also said the reason Diena is getting a lock of Somer's hair is because her body will not be released in time for the services on Monday & Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree that this was a strange thing for a child to say, especially a 7 year old child who was upset and running away from a group of other children. I just don't buy that. Sorry, but that doesn't even make sense to me.

This reminds me: IIRC Tarabull was going to email the reporter last night about this interview.

Tarabull... did you get any response back, or did you send the email out?

TIA

Also- with the amount of time LE was at the burnt home collecting evidence, I have a deep feeling they walked away from that home with substantial evidence. Could be things they located with her body that match that home as well, and now waiting on DNA. kwim...?

I really would consider betting my own life that the house on Gano street is that of the crime scene or plays of major importance. Could you imagine at least two different networks reporting this as the "crime scene" over and over.. but without official confirmation from LE?? As fast as they ruled out THAT many SO, I doubt they wouldn't be able to rule that home out just as fast. If there was nothing, I could see them at least taking some fibers and other such things but not to the extent of a team they had out there.

ergh, I was only gone an hour, lol, you guys move very, very fast.
If this is covered in the last few pages, sorry....but did anyone think the babysitter sounded off? Maybe she was angry at not being paid? to babysit anymore, and of course Somer would go with her.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500