GUILTY CA - Alex Mercado, 4, Mendota, 30 Oct 2009

<snip>

The affidavit said Castro, a student at Mendota Junior High School, initially told police he knew nothing of the boy's disappearance. When investigators said the boy had been found in the dryer, the teen suggested someone had broken into the house and put him there.

Castro eventually told police he had enticed the dimpled, brown-eyed boy into his house across the street and sodomized him, the affidavit states. He said he killed Mercado after the child fell and hit his head, started crying, then threatened to tell his mother, the document states.

"Castro said he panicked and decided to kill the victim by drowning him in the bathtub," the affidavit says.

The teen, who is 5-feet tall and weighs 170 pounds, put Mercado's body over his shoulder and carried him to the dryer, hoping everything "would go away," the affidavit states.

more here - including aunt saying family had recv'd death threats (tho unconfirmed by LE)

http://cbs13.com/local/mendota.murder.alex.2.1292922.html

I too think there's a good possibility it could be brought up by the defense. Maybe it's true, but as you said, no excuse. MOO

'Cutters' wear inappropriate clothing, too....obviously this kid is disturbed -- wonder if he was doing that to himself?

Just tossing another thought out there...still need to go hunt down the other statements I read about his 'creepiness'.

ALL the more reason we have to PREVENT sexual abuse from happening!!!:furious:
Not making excuses for this kid ... But maybe he was living with sexual abuse himself. For pete's sake the person who made the comment about him being "odd and wearing a parka in the middle of the freakin summer" was a CITY COUNCIL member! Maybe when we see these oddities some discrete inquiries can be made or if better warranted call LE or social services for a welfare check. Sorry guys just frustrated about the level of care and nurturing our children are receiving these days. :(

http://banweb.co.fresno.ca.us/cprodsnp/ck_public_qry_cpty.cp_personcase_details_idx

Case Description
Case ID: 0573546 - ELSA H CASTRO VS JOSE ANTONIO - -NON JURY-
Filing Date: Friday , September 13th, 1996 Type: 53 - Domestic viol prev children Status: none

Case Description
Case ID: 0604302 - ELSA H. CASTRO VS JOSE A. CASTRO - -NON JURY-
Filing Date: Friday , January 23rd, 1998 Type: 48 - Dissolution minor children Status: none

Last Name: CASTRO First Name: JOSE Middle Name: ANTONIO THIS SEX OFFENDER HAS BEEN IN VIOLATION OF REGISTRATION REQUIREMENTS SINCE 06/24/1998.
27497115A8896.jpg

LOCATION UNKNOWN [SIZE=-3]

[/SIZE]
Description Offenses Scars/Marks/Tattoos Known Aliases Last Known Address: County: Zip Code Date of Birth: 06-13-1952 Sex: MALE Height: 5'5" Weight: 140 Eye Color: BROWN Hair Color: BLACK Ethnicity: HISPANIC
Offense Code
Description
288(a) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS

Last Name: CASTRO First Name: JOSE Middle Name: ANTONIO
47007054L1641.jpg

[SIZE=-3]

[/SIZE]
Description Offenses Scars/Marks/Tattoos Known Aliases Last Known Address: 320 W WORTH ST #8
STOCKTON, 95203
County: SAN JOAQUIN Zip Code 95203 Date of Birth: 06-01-1959 Sex: MALE Height: 5'9" Weight: 220 Eye Color: BROWN Hair Color: BROWN Ethnicity: HISPANIC
Offense Code
Description
288(a) LEWD OR LASCIVIOUS ACTS WITH CHILD UNDER 14 YEARS

Searched for RSO's in Mendota, Father was not listed there. Found the two above in a name search.

I am not making excuses, but it dosent sound like this kid had much of a chance. I am just glad to know that they caught him when he was only 14, instead of later after he had harmed many other children and stored him throught his house like the creep in Ohio.

That poor, poor baby. What a cold, heartless person to do something like this.

Prayers for Alex's mommy.

None of the links work for me Knox. Are you thinking one of these POSs might be the 14 year olds father?

I think the teen is like AB - broken and can't be fixed. When Alex cried because he was hurt, the teen decided to drown him so he couldn't tell. Awful, just awful.

Salem

JUst stunned that a 14 year old can be so completely amoral and dead inside that he can fill a tub with water, get into that tub with the baby, and hold him down till he drowns..really, just to much for me to handle sometimes..

btw, here's a shout out to all LE that keep going even when they find babies in dryers and sealed boxes...bless their hearts

CarrieBean, the way I took it was that teen perp was hauled in on murder charges, and LE is adding the add'l charges (perhaps had to wait on autopsy IYKWIM).

I haven't found anywhere (yet) that he had previous run-ins with the law. Altho I have read some scary things that other kids said about him.

After reading that the teen confessed every little detail, I can understand the charges more.

I'm having a really hard time reading about this case. The details really disturb me. Whether the teen turned out this way due to upbringing or not, IMO he needs to be locked up for good. I have a hard time believing a mind like that can be fixed.

I agree CarrieBean the details are disturbing, hurts the heart to read. I also agree that the 14yo needs to be locked up and I'm not sure how effective therapy would ever be for him. But I can't help wondering how and why he came to the point that he could do this to Alex. His own Father is supposedly a RSO; was he abused by his own Father? What signs was this kid giving off besides a parka in the middle of the summer? His Mother was doing childcare out of their home, are there other victims? This story is just so sad.

Everytime I come to this thread I cry for little Alex. I just see the picture of his shining little face and it makes me so mad. How could someone be so mean?

I agree with you Knox about trying to figure out what went wrong with the teen. We really do need to understand why we have so many psychos amongst us. Without that understanding, we can never prevent tragedies (sp?) such as these.

My current theory is that the brain did not develop normally for this teen - the why of it, I have no idea.

I just hope this teen never walks free again. I think that when he looked at that crying, hurt little boy and made the decision to kill him, he crossed to a place of no return. The locals say that at first he held little Alex under in the tub, but when Alex didn't drown, then the teen got in the bathtub so that he could hold Alex under. I don't know if that is true because the information comes second hand. But if it is true, this teen made 2 decisions to kill Alex. Not just one. He could have stopped after he was unsuccessful with the first attempt - he did not have to get in that bathtub....

Rest in peace Alex, we are sending lots of prayers to your family, sweetie,

Salem

I know there's more people now, and the news is much quicker.

However, I've been wondering if a lot of these crimes are committed by children of 2-4 generations of parents who used drugs most of there lives, so that each child born has less brain cells, and if the parents of each generation were just too busy keeping themselves 'sated' by drugs - hence no personal attention....

Ugghh, thanks Bamagirl, guess that answers my question. In that case his Mom should have been doubly vigilant :(

What a sad and horrible week.....I feel overwhelmed by the evil in our society...

Horrible crimes committed by teens - I would like to know how many of them live in two-parent homes. How many live near the poverty level? I read a book by an anthropologist that pretty said males, if left to their own desires, would become cruel. What was that fiction book.... where boys were stranded on an island and killed the one they called "Piggy"? Lord of the flies.

Children need fathers -- boys especially.

I think you have hit the nail right on the head......

I blame the breakdown of the nuclear family.......and please please people I am not trying to offend anyone here, this is my theory only but when you look at the majority of these cases broken families are involved.

I think the children do not feel special enough to their parents.....women are meeting a man, having a child, relationship breaks down, move on to next man, have another kid, drag 1st kid onto new "daddy" and it goes on and on.....dad has also moved onto another relationship and maybe had other children....these kids are getting lost in all of this....

And I am sure these parents love their children, I have no doubt BUT they are not putting these kids first, they are not their be all and end all......how can they be when they are concerned with a relationship breakup or in love with the new man and concentrating on him.....also alot are "out there" finding that new relationship.....be it dating or going out partying.....

Also the trust that is put into the man/woman of the new relationship with these children is incredible.......sometimes the man is known for such a short amount of time and they are moving them in with their precious children....and how often is that happening........the de facto/boyfriend sexually or physically abuses these kids.........I am a step mother and I really know how hard it is sometimes to deal with kids that arent your own, that unconditional love is not there...

I am not trying to knock single mums, there are some absolutely wonderful ones out there giving their all and sacrificing so much for their kids....

One of my best friends and my sister are single mums......

BUT my sister had a little girl (now 19) and my father and brother were/are policeman......so the situation was watched and it was drummed into my sister that you date, you know the man and you put your daughter first....

She met a wonderful man and 15 years later, my niece calls him dad and they have a wonderful family....

My step daughter on the other hand came from a family where mum had 4 kids to 4 different dads...kept getting bored with the man and moved onto the next and caused major problems for each father because she basically didnt want them in her life.......all of them of course moved on....my husband had not seen his daughter for 7 years because the situation was so ugly he gave up.....the mother committed suicide because a man didnt want her because he couldnt handle her kids........the kids were all estranged from their dads........stepdaughter came to live with us at the age of 11 and wow the problems.......all of these kids have major problems, they would do what they had to to get what it is they want, need etc.....basically looking out for themselves.....ie lie, steal, cheat and not really having any close relationships with friends etc that were so important to my generation.....

and the sad thing is between my friends, and my relatives and their kids of this new generation we know lots of kids just like this......very very sad...

Raul Castro's father was sentenced to three years in prison in 1996, after he pleaded guilty to sodomizing Raul's older brother.

At the time, that boy was 5 years old

Lord....we're just churning out generations of pedophiles. ITA with revampz.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage
Back