Syringe in bottle contained traces of chloroform

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stumbling block for me is that all the articles I read say you can't store Chloroform in plastic.. It doesn't say what will happen to the plastic..but the Gatorade bottle was still holding the liquid.

Diluted with testosterone? Perhaps not strong enough to degrade the plastic. Wasn't a pure solution.

IIRC, didn't we read way, way back that chloroform is/was used at the tattoo parlour?

Now this is bugging me... could be another link in the chain.

I think there's a lot more that hasn't been released. When I first learned of today's document dump, and the syringe, I immediately thought about a media report that was in the local media about a week or two after the announcement late last December that the remains found on December 11th were those of Caylee Anthony.

In that media report, it stated that many investigators working on the Anthony case believed Caylee was deceased but felt her death was accidental. It was reported that after Caylee's remains were found, every one of those investigators who had previously thought her death to be accidental had now concluded that Caylee's death was a homicide.

It became apparent that there was something at the scene where Caylee's remains were found that was definitive, something that made it readily apparent that Caylee's death was a homicide. There was a lot of speculation here on what sort of definitive evidence might have been found.

Likely by the end of December 2008/early January 2009, the investigators knew the results of the tests on contents of the Gatorade bottle and syringe. IF there were fingerprints on the Gatorade bottle and/or syringe, and IF there was DNA on the Gatorade bottle, that is now known too.

If any fingerprints other than Casey Anthony's, or DNA other than Casey Anthony's were found, there would have been another arrest in this case. But, there remains only one arrest, and one suspect, and that is Casey Anthony.
Could it have been the tape around that poor baby's skull that changed their minds? Can you imagine having to view that?

Casey's smart enough apparently to know to keep her choloform in a syringe, not an eye dropper. Hmm...but not smart...she left that bottle in a backpack with the remains. I still can't understand why so much other stuff was lugged to the remains site. How did the backpack get left there? Makes me think she just immediately wrapped Caylee in a blanket, backpack, ponies, and didn't give it a second thought.

backpack, where did you read about a backpack with the remains?
The gatorade bottle was in a Disney bag, but I am thinking like a shopping bag, not a backpack.
Bug report nixes the idea of her being at the remains site right away per the report.

Okay now with the syringe, chloroform evidence released how do we fit the pool theory in? maybe after she killed Caylee with the cloroform, she placed her in the pool to make it appear to be a drowning and then when she could not get ahold of anyone, fished her out with the shovel placed her back in the trunk... but why put the duct tape over her mouth?

Diluted with testosterone? Perhaps not strong enough to degrade the plastic. Wasn't a pure solution.
I'd like to know how it seeped out in the trunk...enough to register in the air sample. If she had injected Caylee with it, I don't think it would have come through her pores...but with decomposition perhaps it could. If the bottle was capped and in the trunk, would there be seeping through the plastic? Would they be able to see that on the bottle (tiny holes)? Could she possibly have transfered the chloroform to the Gatorade bottle from another container inside the trunk? The thing is, if the chloroform had been open, she would have been at risk of being overcome.

backpack, where did you read about a backpack with the remains?
The gatorade bottle was in a Disney bag, but I am thinking like a shopping bag, not a backpack.
Bug report nixes the idea of her being at the remains site right away per the report.
Thanks...I thought I missed something...though come to think of it, I did see something about the Dora backpack

I'm inclined to think KC stole or purchased the chloroform. I just can't see her going to the trouble of making it.

I can see GA taking the testosterone injections. He seems to care about his appearance and it is similar to a woman taking hormones. Same with the diamond ear rings.

Maybe it is a clause in 'The Mother of the Year' contract that you have to behave extra-ordinarily different from all the rest of the 'normal' moms?

You these exclusive pagents have special rules you have to follow once you win that coveted crown. As MOTY, she had to make herself stand-out from the rest of the average, boring, Non Mother of the Year recipiants.

I think she suceeded. :banghead:

By all means she should be awarded the beautiful orange jumpsuit and given a private room on death row

I'm inclined to think KC stole or purchased the chloroform. I just can't see her going to the trouble of making it.

I can see GA taking the testosterone injections. He seems to care about his appearance and it is similar to a woman taking hormones. Same with the diamond ear rings.

Maybe it is a clause in 'The Mother of the Year' contract that you have to behave extra-ordinarily different from all the rest of the 'normal' moms?

You these exclusive pagents have special rules you have to follow once you win that coveted crown. As MOTY, she had to make herself stand-out from the rest of the average, boring, Non Mother of the Year recipiants.

I think she suceeded. :banghead:

By all means she should be awarded the beautiful orange jumpsuit and given a private room on death row.

I'd like to know how it seeped out in the trunk...enough to register in the air sample. If she had injected Caylee with it, I don't think it would have come through her pores...but with decomposition perhaps it could. If the bottle was capped and in the trunk, would there be seeping through the plastic? Would they be able to see that on the bottle (tiny holes)? Could she possibly have transfered the chloroform to the Gatorade bottle from another container inside the trunk? The thing is, if the chloroform had been open, she would have been at risk of being overcome.

I'm working on a theory...

• KC didn't make the chloroform - too hard & too lazy.
  • One place she could have gotten it was the Tattoo shop. While chloroform is a banned substance in cleaning supplies, a quick Google search shows that it is used in tat shops
  • Quick forum search and this was validated by a tat shop worker who posted [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2990563&postcount=257"]here[/ame]
  • Ok - KC visited the tattoo parlour the week before she got the tattoo, didn't she? (It sounds as if she would drop in there fairly often - have to refresh my brain)
  • Anyway, while researching chloroform online she notes use by tattoo artists OR she happens to see her buddy cleaning his equipment with it during a visit to the parlour
  • Next visit brings a gatorade bottle with her --> Bathroom is likely near back of shop, where cleaning supplies are usually kept - inc. chloroform --> 'scuse please, I have to pee
  • Swipes bottle of chloroform and tosses in backpack, or pours some in juice-bottle while in bathroom
  • puts it in the trunk when she leaves
  • as she is fiddling with it in the process of murdering Caylee, she spills some in the trunk. Perhaps be pouring from stolen bottle into smaller Gatorade bottle, or dousing the cloth (Mama Doll's clothes?) Many scenarios here - regardless she spilled some or it leaked.
  • > CA got rid of the bigger bottle when she was cleaning out the trunk, in my little theory, btw... just sayin' <
  • I still haven't seen anything definitive in regards to the amount of chloroform that was actually registering in the syringe, so I'm still on the fence about that (could be chloroform from the testing 'postive control solution' from what I am reading in the reports & results print-outs - won't know until someone figures out the amount registered)
  • So at this point syringe is only part of this theory in that KC shoved the syringe in the bottle - perhaps she injected Caylee with testosterone and used Mama Doll's clothing to apply the chloroform, perhaps it was just an artifact lieing in her trunk from when she stole Tony's garbage. Lots of possibilities
Bottom-line - she might have stolen chloroform, quite possibly from the tattoo shop, and she spilled or it leaked in the trunk.

Thoughts?

Oh RR, the whole thing is just so, so gruesome, isn't it? How did it really happen? We might never know. I don't think it would seep though the plastic enough to rate the high scales of chloroform. It doesn't seem like an injection into the body would cause it either, does it? Seems like a pervasive method has to account for the high levels, huh? Makes it sound like if we think it was injected that we would have to blame a leaky GatorAde bottle or else the bottle isn't connected and she must have used a rag soaked method. What else? Brainstorm here with me. What are the other options?

she could have poured it on to mask the smell....sick
How could George laugh when he talked about the smell of the car..knowing that what he smelled was his own granddaughter..strange emotion from a strange guy

Holy smokes. Recall the Patrick guy who went to the jail as soon as Casey was arrested the first time around? Just read in an old thread that his Dad is the owner of a Tattoo Parlour. >another possible avenue to explore as a source for the chloroform

Apparently, that CSI show Casey mentioned that broadcast in May 2008 had tattoo & chloroform in it, too. (I'll have to see if I can find a show synopsis)

I think tatoo shop is plausible source for chloroform, but re testosterone--was this just a contaminated needle used previously for injecting steroids? (Sorry, I'm jumping in here and it's really been bothering me.)

:parrot:

Okay now with the syringe, chloroform evidence released how do we fit the pool theory in? maybe after she killed Caylee with the cloroform, she placed her in the pool to make it appear to be a drowning and then when she could not get ahold of anyone, fished her out with the shovel placed her back in the trunk... but why put the duct tape over her mouth?

Whoa talk about overkill... this is all a bit much. Having trouble taking it all in... :confused:

:parrot:

After learning about this, I actually felt horrible......this baby probably did not just fall asleep and die. No, this sounds like a horrible, painful death. :furious:

I just realized why the cleaning fluid keeps making me wince. In the movie "Copycat", the serial killer injects one of his victims with Windex. As he looms over her with the syringe, he says something along the lines of: "I won't lie to you -- this IS going to hurt." The serial killer expert warns the police that they might want to look for Windex in that victim, saying: "It's what Bianchi and Buono (Hillside Strangler) injected into one of their victims."

It just makes me shudder to think how much Caylee must have suffered! Casey is one sick, twisted *advertiser censored*!

ETA: I REALLY hope that Casey used the syringe to extract the chloroform from the bottle and not to use as an injection. At least if it was put onto a cloth or something, Caylee would have been knocked out quickly and not have suffered as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti