Questions Specifically for Benjaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bozo aired in MI too. Not sure if the television station was out of Detroit or if it was a Canadian station that it aired on. (We watched Bozo in around 1970~ I'm not sure how long before that he was aired in MI.)

My husband is 52; so if you guys want me to ask what was popular growing up for him; I can do that. It might help to have a guys point of view on what they watched back then.

I'm 8 years younger; so I wouldn't be much help with things like TV.

Bozo was here in the early 60's. It is who my brother is nicnamed after, and he was born in '59. He apparently loved the show(?), I have vague memories of it, but do remember Captain Kangaroo well.

Cowboy Bob was host for cartoons on Indianapolis WRTV channel 4. Janie was host for morning program. Sammy Terry was host for Friday night fright movies on this stations as well. Sammy Terry slept in a coffin and was a scary dracula character. Does this bring any memories?
I only have a vague memory of Cowboy Bob but I do remember janie.

Benjaman,
Does Cowboy Bob or Sammy Terry mean anything to you? What about WhiteCastle hamburgers?
Wasn't Cowboy Bob the one Dennis the Menace talked about all the time?
Never heard of Sammy Terry.

I only have a vague memory of Cowboy Bob but I do remember janie.

Do you remember "The Ghoul"? (I think he may have been regional and I barely remember my siblings watching him on the tv early 1970's.)

I have a couple siblings close to your suspected age, and for the life of me all I can remember about them are some of their music tastes (Goodbye Cream, Eric Clapton) and magazines (High Times and National Lampoon)... wow, a sophisticated group we were! :crazy:

No. Cowboy Bob was a host for a cartoon program to our local Indpls station. At the beginning of the show he rode in on his horse @ the beginning of his show.
Janie was also a hostess for the morning cartoon program.
I am 46 and was a popular program for kids in Indiana.
Sammy Terry came on @ Friday nights about 10 p.m. He would show scary old films as Frankentein and The Mummy. I would always watch with my dad as I layed on the couch and would cover my head @ the scary parts. Dad would look over and I would always fall asleep.
Janie and Cowboy Bob was only local to Indiana.
I will keep you in my prayers.
Wasn't Cowboy Bob the one Dennis the Menace talked about all the time?
Never heard of Sammy Terry.

Sammy Terry came on @ Friday nights about 10 p.m. He would show scary old films as Frankentein and The Mummy. I would always watch with my dad as I layed on the couch and would cover my head @ the scary parts. Dad would look over and I would always fall asleep.

Here is a photo of Sammy Terry (a joke on cemetery!) from the 1960s
http://myweb.wvnet.edu/e-gor/tvhorrorhosts/grafix/sammyterry2.jpg

Here is his website http://www.sammyterrynightmares.com/ Benjaman, you might try clicking on a link to a video and see if you remember him that way!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvntRV_cZV4"]YouTube - Cowboy Bob's Corral - Show Opening from WTTV[/ame]

Here is opening for Cowboy Bob's Show.

No. Cowboy Bob was a host for a cartoon program to our local Indpls station. At the beginning of the show he rode in on his horse @ the beginning of his show.
Janie and Cowboy Bob was only local to Indiana..

Is this who you're talking about? Cowboy Bob

Mr. Kyle,

Do you have any memories of construction, demolition or renovation of any of the places you recall? I know Norlin Library is one of your memories, and a quick search indicates a renovation of the main door in 1977. Do you recall this, or any construction, demolition or renovations? Either at Norlin or elsewhere?

For example, even something such as a viaduct, a bridge, a road...., the old X factory was demolished, or the old silo's were torn down..... Any memories such as that could help with the search for an area and timeline.

I wish we had a sketch artist for your memories! I want to see those pictures in your head. :) See if we can't find any historical information with those pictures to assist with a location and/or timeline.

I wonder what kind of information could be sent to you via CD to view with any historical info that might help....

Today is the 20th anniversary of when the Berlin Wall came down.
Do you have any memories of that?
Where you were? Who you were with?
What you thought about it?

hi bk,

what music have you found familiar in the last 5 years? are there songs that you seem to know the words to? could you list some of your favorite bands and kinds of music?

oh, and do you feel drawn to nature? would you rather curl up with a book inside or outside on a porch and/or in a hammock?

are you interested in art or design? i know you have memories of restaurants and the layouts along with the menu items. do you think you are more familiar with the building and setting up of restaurants...or the stocking and preparation for opening?

one more question. what modes of travel do you remember or think of most?

thanks so much!

EXCLEENT questions krazykid! Only those with an artistic talent would ask..

Mr. Kyle,

if I may ask, honestly, and I hope honesty is valued as opposed to a hinderance with the cooperation on your identification.

IF, and I am not suggesting this is the truth, you were at one time a transient or homeless, would you still be willing to cooperate with us here at Websleuths?

IF, the information was put forth to the media, based on one's interpretation or theory which may or may not be fact, are you open to that possibility?

I would like to add, that if anything is uncomfortable to you, or offensive to you it is only with good intentions that no stone is left unturned.

Is it possible, that if perhaps for some reason you were a transient, or had 'wandered' for a point of time to re-evaluate or reflect upon your lifes situations.. you would not be bull headed about those possibilities?

I don't necessarily expect an answer for these questions. I am just wondering about your absense in replying since the possibility was suggested. My apoligies if this offends you in any way, and again I do not believe anyone here who has been working this case has any ill will or interests other than your identification.

for myself, my best hopes are what you wish for.... and that means, just a simple Benjaman Kyle has been identified and wishes to keep his personal name and details private. I am all for that, and I believe 99% of those working your case here at WS have the same interests.

I hope the suggestion or theory that perhaps you may have been a transient for some period of time, even shortly, will not keep you from particpating as you have time here at WS.

XXOO

Cubby

yes, cubby, very important to say we will keep a future (hopefully) match private if bk wishes

I don't necessarily expect an answer for these questions. I am just wondering about your absense in replying since the possibility was suggested. My apoligies if this offends you in any way, and again I do not believe anyone here who has been working this case has any ill will or interests other than your identification.

The way I feel, he just hasn't had time to be on the computer.
It hasn't been that long since he logged in; and it's not unusual for him to not log in for weeks at a time.

The way I feel, he just hasn't had time to be on the computer.
It hasn't been that long since he logged in; and it's not unusual for him to not log in for weeks at a time.
I have not been identified and you will know it if I am.

You can be sure that if a police department learns anything they will issue a news release to exult their triumph.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname