Questions Specifically for Benjaman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benjaman,
Does Cowboy Bob or Sammy Terry mean anything to you? What about WhiteCastle hamburgers?
I love White Castle. Cannot get then in Colorado, except in the freezer case. Never tried the frozen ones -the idea of freezing a White Castle burger does not sound appetizing.

Thanks. Trying to figure out why the tracks are something you remember.

LOL. We all misspell words.
Firefox is wonderful as a browser. It highlights everything in red that's not spelled right.

I'll have to get you some Hungarian pepper seeds. I think you'll love them.
I use FireFox, but it does not highlight in red. Are you using an "Add-on"? If so, which one?

Benjaman,

Do you remember Big Boy restaurants or a particular name for a Big Boy restaurant you may have been in (for example "Bob's" "Elias Brothers" or "Frisches")?

I love White Castle. Cannot get then in Colorado, except in the freezer case. Never tried the frozen ones -the idea of freezing a White Castle burger does not sound appetizing.

Another O/T from Believe09 lol-I had an ex who was OBSESSED with White Castle Burgers. We would drive many hours so he could partake of them in NJ where he was from....fwiw, Mr. Kyle, he never believed the frozen ones were worth the time or money.

Stay away from the cheese. The regular burgers are ok for a "Rat Burger" fix.
Curious what you call them? Slyders or Rat Burgers?
I prefer their fish sandwiches myself.. extra tarter. lol

Now, from Wiki - LINK

Locations
* Illinois
* Indiana
* Kentucky
* Michigan
* Minnesota
* Missouri
* New Jersey
* New York
* Ohio
* Tennessee
* Wisconsin
* Coming Soon
o Pennsylvania – A location in Allentown is currently under development

Many Southerners tend to compare White Castle's sliders with Krystal's square burgers. Northerners tend to consider Krystal a Southern knock-off.[citation needed] The two restaurants' locations do not overlap geographically, with the exception of Kentucky and Tennessee.

I use FireFox, but it does not highlight in red. Are you using an "Add-on"? If so, which one?

I don't see one but will switch to my windows computer (I'm on a Mac mini) and let you know.

Another O/T from Believe09 lol-I had an ex who was OBSESSED with White Castle Burgers. We would drive many hours so he could partake of them in NJ where he was from....fwiw, Mr. Kyle, he never believed the frozen ones were worth the time or money.

Elizabeth NJ?

Ben, as far as I can see, I do not have a plug in for spell checker. This is on the Mac & on the Windows Vista. It could be because I have a full version of Office on the Windows PC.

I did not restart my windows PC to see if my XP side has spell check - yes, I built this as a dual boot. lol

At firefox I went to add-ins and typed in spell check - this came up

Spell Checker 1.2

Hope this helps.

Benjaman,

Do you remember Big Boy restaurants or a particular name for a Big Boy restaurant you may have been in (for example "Bob's" "Elias Brothers" or "Frisches")?
Lots of Big Boy's. Azars in Colorado. Frisches in Indiana and Texas, Bill"s in Wyoming. Elias Brothers in Michigan-they inherrited the chain from Marriott - they are now in bankruptacy. Shoney's and Shoney's South (not a Typo-there were two Shoney organizations) in the South. The chain has gradually gone down hill since Marriott bought Bob,s and then decided to get out of the restaurant Business.
When Azar's put in the salad bar it was great but they never improved their service Their service sucked. When you went there you never leave a tip (I do not believe in leaving a "penny" tip).
I have looked up a lot of this information on the Internet and some of it was new and some of it refreshed my memory.

Stay away from the cheese. The regular burgers are ok for a "Rat Burger" fix.
Curious what you call them? Slyders or Rat Burgers?
I prefer their fish sandwiches myself.. extra tarter. lol

Now, from Wiki - LINK

Locations
* Illinois
* Indiana
* Kentucky
* Michigan
* Minnesota
* Missouri
* New Jersey
* New York
* Ohio
* Tennessee
* Wisconsin
* Coming Soon
o Pennsylvania – A location in Allentown is currently under development

Many Southerners tend to compare White Castle's sliders with Krystal's square burgers. Northerners tend to consider Krystal a Southern knock-off.[citation needed] The two restaurants' locations do not overlap geographically, with the exception of Kentucky and Tennessee.

I don't see one but will switch to my windows computer (I'm on a Mac mini) and let you know.

Elizabeth NJ?

Krystals was an old family corporation. They refused to pay their employees overtime and got caught by the Feds. They had to pay so much money in back wages and fines that they had to file for bankruptacy. The family lost the business and some one bought the business in bankruptcy court. I do not feel sorry for that family. They cheated their employees.

Who is the "Cowboy"? And why does he have a "thing" for pencils?

Lots of Big Boy's. Azars in Colorado. Frisches in Indiana and Texas, Bill"s in Wyoming. Elias Brothers in Michigan-they inherrited the chain from Marriott - they are now in bankruptacy. Shoney's and Shoney's South (not a Typo-there were two Shoney organizations) in the South. The chain has gradually gone down hill since Marriott bought Bob,s and then decided to get out of the restaurant Business.
When Azar's put in the salad bar it was great but they never improved their service Their service sucked. When you went there you never leave a tip (I do not believe in leaving a "penny" tip).
I have looked up a lot of this information on the Internet and some of it was new and some of it refreshed my memory.

Elias Brothers are my favorite Big Boy's (or what used to be Elias Bros.) I was sort of hoping you had a memory of a particular franchise that you may have favored in one of the states that you may have come from.

Mr. Kyle,

Do you have any memories regarding television news or cartoons?

Did you have a particular favorite channel you viewed, a particular anchor that stands out? A particular weatherman?

Maybe a favorite cartoon from childhood?

Some of these may have been aired locally only such as the Bozo Circus television show, which aired out of Chicago. Harry Volkman, for example did the weather for years in the Chicago market. Perhaps even a slight memory might assist in locating a certain area to focus on.

Thank you!

Some of these may have been aired locally only such as the Bozo Circus television show, which aired out of Chicago.

Bozo was on in NJ too.

There was also Bob McAllister's Wonderama

I think you're on the right track with questions.

TY Roselvr. I was unaware Bozo was aired in NJ.

Who is the "Cowboy"? And why does he have a "thing" for pencils?

You have spoken to him I believe, Mr. K and when you are his age, anything that demonstrates a new skill acquired is to be prized.....

I hated Bozo. I hate clowns in general-I could have written IT, lol. Captain K was a God in my household. He and Fred Rogers....

Lol! Some great replies and comments regarding the possible local connection and Bozo.

I guess maybe, some unusual local commercials as well that may stand out. I recall Celozzi Ettleson (sp?) Chevy, and the two were later busted for some mafia related or rumor of mafia related nonsense going on within the dealership.

Cowboy Bob was host for cartoons on Indianapolis WTTV channel 4. Janie was host for morning program. Sammy Terry was host for Friday night fright movies on this stations as well. Sammy Terry slept in a coffin and was a scary dracula character. Does this bring any memories?

TY Roselvr. I was unaware Bozo was aired in NJ.

Bozo aired in MI too. Not sure if the television station was out of Detroit or if it was a Canadian station that it aired on. (We watched Bozo in around 1970~ I'm not sure how long before that he was aired in MI.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname