NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG Belimom: great minds huh??

This case has been an emotional roller coaster since Tuesday. Until today, I never missed one post.
But, today, with the developements, this thread has sped on by and I'm having a hard time catching up on things I missed while I was at work.
I have never felt like this in my life.
I can not get her face looking up to that elevator out of my mind. It's haunting me.
I know how you feel. I think this case has really gotten to all of us. :grouphug:

I can't say for sure if its the same for every state, but I know (working in the legal world) that anyone booked on charges have their blood drawn as part of the intake process. Believe it or not its for the sake of the arrested so that in the event anything should happen...the jail has their blood type on file, and its also to test for diseases, such as HIV, AIDS, Hep...etc.

Sorry, but that is not true. In certain charges, a buccal swab will be taken. The AFIS Booking System will tell you to take one. No blood is taken during booking/intake.

Blood DNA is taken approximately 2 to 3 months before a state inmate gets out of prison, and sent to be on file at the State Crime Lab if it isn't already on file.

During the medical screening, the nurse will not even take a blood sample for any illness until the jail doctor orders it. The nurse can prick the finger to determine blood sugar at the medical screening if the inmate says he/she is a diabetic, but that's it. The doctor is the one to give the order for blood samples which he probably did in this monsters case. For legal purposes, there was probably a subpoena from LE for DNA. Doctor directive for pregnancy test.

Sorry, but wanted to clear this up. I worked Booking/Intake for too many years not to know the process.

Going back to catching up after I call my granddaughter in Fayetteville.

Good Evening / Morning everyone

Firstly hugs to everyone here as this is the most sad, awful, sickening cases I have read about for as long as I can remember, my heart goes out to the lovely little girl and her family. Secondly thank you for all the links that people have posted on here today. I am soon off to bed after reading through all the posts in the last 2.5 hours.

I was just wondering if anyone knows the distance from the Trailer she lived in to the hotel. The momster last reported seeing her at 5.30am. (which we dont really care what she says as we know that she has no interest in her dead daughter - *advertiser censored*, so could be lies), Then an eye witness saw Coe driving out of the Sleepy Hollow park with her (wonder what time the witness saw that? - couldn't find it anywhere - so he was arrested and then released after he helped identify McNeill- so I wonder if the witness could have been mistaken with who they saw driving?) - Just out of interest does anyone know the ethnicity of Coe?

The next thing we see McNeill at the hotel 40 min after momster had (reportedly) last seen her. The time he was caught on camera with her was

TUESDAY
6:11 a.m.
A surveillance video at the Comfort Suites in Sanford captures Mario Andretti McNeill carrying a barefoot Shaniya Davis, who wore a blue sleepshirt. McNeill checked into the hotel with the child and stayed only about an hour.

No video or pictures were released of them leaving, which seems strange as she had not yet been found at this point, so you would have thought that releasing more pictures would be beneficial, BUT judging by the comments made about not knowing the condition she was in, automatically suggests the worst.

So why the hour? It must have been to meet someone. But why the hotel when there is such a great risk of being caught in a public place with a missing child that is all over the news? If you were taking a child to be sold or (urrghhhh) prostituted would you not go somewhere a little less public?

It's looking very likely that McNeilledid it. We now know that the location of the body didnt come from a tip but a credible source. He was the one pictured leaving the hotel with a child that didnt sound like she was in a very good way (or maybe LE were completey unsure if the child was OK - maybe they couldnt see her face clearly), my guess it was him, he probably knows he is up s**t creek without a paddle and is prepared to "help" L.E.

I am actually wondering if the momster is telling the truth about the last time she saw her? But i'm sure as hell if I knew my daughter wasnt in bed at 6.53am and I had last seen her at 5.30am - i wouldnt have left it an hour and a half before I called the police would you? I would love to know what time the eye witness saw the car leave the Sleepy Hollow. But why call L.E to report her missing? This woman is obviously thick as mud, did they have some stupid plan in place and think LE would be so stupid and swallow it? and what has she told L.E already to be charged with trafficking and child prostitution?

Ok, I need sleep. Sorry for the rant and million questions, no one can answer yet. Was just trying to get it straight in my brain and after typing this for an hour realise that that just isnt possible.

Night Guys

thread no 2 page 17
The motel is about 40 miles from the mobile home park. Mother wasn't supposed to call police. My guess is that he didn't leave the money or drugs that were payment for Shaniyah, and AD got angry. Nevertheless, MAM didn't expect LE to be involved, so no worries about getting caught at the motel.

I agree with you, Kimberly. And frankly, I'm more than a little surprised a mod hasn't put a stop to the bashing of this poor man. He made a serious error in judgment and now his child is dead. Do you really think any of the bashing people here are doing comes close to the bashing he is heaping on himself?

I don't think any of us wants Websleuths to be seen as a forum that participates in cruelty.

I ask respectfully - please stop this.

I wish I could push the thank you button 100 times for this one. This is what I've been trying to say!!!!
I'm so drained right now.
Thank you.

I HATE when I see people tell kids give so and so a hug it makes them sad if you won't. I don't care who it is even if they are a safe person it teaches a child that they have to if it makes someone sad.

I have come back to this comment 3 different times, and I know I should just keep my opinion to myself,,,,,but,,,,,what in this world and what is this world coming to......I can see your point, almost in this crazy world,,but I am getting old and I so love the hugs my little niece gives to me...I was 50 when she was born to my youngest brother and I so adore her, as she does me..Summer is now 9 years old and I don't think life is worth living without little things like this....I see her every couple of weeks and telling kids not to give hugs,,,I am now at a loss for words

Mario is seen in one video with S with him, but we do not know for sure if he is coming or going in the video correct?

And we have not heard that he himself checked into the room, just that he is there with her and stays for an hour?

I really wonder if he delivered her to someone in that room. The driving time and the one hour at the hotel really do not make sense for me for him to be the sexual perp.

There has to be more to this.
Either the tape doesn't show him leaving with her or he returns later in the day and knew where the body was because he buried her. Momster certainly knew she wasn't coming home when the 911 call was made, that is clear.

I wish I could push the thank you button 100 times for this one. This is what I've been trying to say!!!!
I'm so drained right now.
Thank you.

I completely agree with both of ya!

And with that I have two kids to put in bed, then I can be found out on the porch SMOKING. this case is going to kill me!

I agree with you, Kimberly. And frankly, I'm more than a little surprised a mod hasn't put a stop to the bashing of this poor man. He made a serious error in judgment and now his child is dead. Do you really think any of the bashing people here are doing comes close to the bashing he is heaping on himself?

I don't think any of us wants Websleuths to be seen as a forum that participates in cruelty.

I ask respectfully - please stop this.

If members don't like the posts with bashing, hit the alert button.

I have come back to this comment 3 different times, and I know I should just keep my opinion to myself,,,,,but,,,,,what in this world and what is this world coming to......I can see your point, almost in this crazy world,,but I am getting old and I so love the hugs my little niece gives to me...I was 50 when she was born to my youngest brother and I so adore her, as she does me..Summer is now 9 years old and I don't think life is worth living without little things like this....I see her every couple of weeks and telling kids not to give hugs,,,I am now at a loss for words

I don't think what she is saying is not to allow our kids to hug, and show love. She is talking about playing a quilt trip on kids to give hugs and affection to someone they may not want to.

And NO one said that he knew she was still on drugs

however...take one look at that mess of a trailer...the men living there..
the sister...all of these people in a single wide trailer with a backed up sewer...in the worst drug infected part of town

Anyone can call you and tell you anything on a phone..."My life is together...I am going back to school...working...teaching sunday school"

You don't drop off your kids there on the basis of a phone call do you??

Even our flawed court system sends out a social worker to check out the living conditions

How many people would just send their precious kid to their "blast from the past"...a one night stand...with a record, who has used drugs in the past...just on the basis of their own say so??

Let's get real here

I agree with you. I am a mother to 6 children ages 3 to 18. I am admittedly super hypervigilant in regards to their safety and well-being. I lived most of my childhood being abused and neglected. Because of this, my eyes see things differently.

The victim my heart is breaking for is Shaniya.

IMO, people need to vent, this mother is guilty and so is MAM of the henious crime we can ever read about! Let everything alone.

I completely agree with both of ya!

And with that I have two kids to put in bed, then I can be found out on the porch SMOKING. this case is going to kill me!

BBM

Thanks.

And by the way, I tried to quit on Thursday of last week. :crazy:
I can't tell you how many I smoked over the weekend. Pushing refresh every time I ran back in.

this father has not commited a crime!!! They just found his baby's body less than 7 hours ago.
Can't we sleuth him at a later time?????
I have thoughts too, but they will remain just thoughts OUT OF RESPECT until at least this baby is buried. IMO

I agree. There is no worse punishment than what he is already going through.

I don't think the OP meant to tell your kids not to give hugs. Just don't force them when they don't feel like it. My grandkids are sometimes tired when they are ready to leave, and they just don't feel like it. Nobody pressures them, and nobody tells them it makes me sad. (It does though).

If members don't like the posts with bashing, hit the alert button.

I've only pushed the alert button one time and it was pretty much a must. I don't like doing that.
I was just trying to make a point.

ETA: not on anyone that is here now, this was the other day and the poster has since been shown the road.

I was reading earlier where there was a vigil tonight in a really nice neighborhood,is that the father's neighborhood?I can't find the article on wral,I've heard that the neighborhood that Shaniya was dropped off at was known for alot of crime and a bad area.I've seen that area on video,but hadn't seen the area the Dad and Aunt lived at.Does anyone have a link to the vigil?

BBM

Thanks.

And by the way, I tried to quit on Thursday of last week. :crazy:
I can't tell you how many I smoked over the weekend. Pushing refresh every time I ran back in.

I also tried to quit last week, Wednesday tho. But this case had me glued to the computer and when the thread got slow I'm run out and chain smoke come in and refresh and play farmville at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member