NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the murder of Brad's wife ever solved? A trial? I wonder why the son said what he said about felons - unless he knows one that has made repetence or something.
The WRAL story about the shooting was weird. There isn't much information online about it. It was awhile ago.
Wonder if the kids were in the house then or if that's what broke them all up. And hopefully there are no connections to this situation at all.

I read that it was solved...2 people doing life without parole..

it was a home invasion ...the kids were there....they were not harmed thank God...3 people killed, 1 wounded

Brad's wife and her sister were both murdered

Please stop being so defensive about mobile homes

this one was in the worst area of Fayetteville...if you say Sleepy Hollow people say "that is where you go for drugs and prostitutes"

the number of police reports there is very large for the size of it

the mom and her son (*and Shaynia) in a mobile home that was clean and functioning would be ok..preferably in a safer park...

but add in 2 felons....and her sister....3 kids....and people coming and going all hours of the night for drugs and sex and now apparently stir in some pedophiles

oh yeah...and the sewage problem

OMG - I'm not being defensive about mobile homes! I'm asking a question or making a comment about comments that have been made about the difference in the value of fathers home vs. mothers home. That's all.
geezzz
The area and crime stats were never part of the convo. The statements I am referring to have to do with value of the home itself, nothing more.

You are completly missing my point. I was answering/posting regardgin Dr.F's comments about the value difference of the homes. MObile home or not.

Was the murder of Brad's wife ever solved? A trial? I wonder why the son said what he said about felons - unless he knows one that has made repetence or something.
The WRAL story about the shooting was weird. There isn't much information online about it. It was awhile ago.
Wonder if the kids were in the house then or if that's what broke them all up. And hopefully there are no connections to this situation at all.

Maybe he is just a genuinely nice and empathetic young man that believes individuals deserve second chances.

Another sleepless night, and I've got poop on my brain. lol.

Here's what's bothering me. When AD called LE, she said she had been outside checking around for Shaniya. So she knew there was poop on the porch.

If you woke up and your child was missing, and you looked outside for them, and you saw POOP all over your porch, and you called LE, would you say:

"Her hair is out and she didn't even take shoes or pants with her..."

or would you say:

"My child is missing and I looked outside and JESUS MOTHER OF GOD THERE'S POOP ALL OVER MY PORCH!!!! GET THE POLICE HERE NOW!!!!"

Why the heck didn't she say a single word about the porch poop to LE???? Is it just me or is that a big fat elephant in the room you want to cover in your story?

My point: she not only never looked outside, she *did not know about the poop*.

Thoughts?

I believe this disparity between economic levels may have played into a deep resentment. She is a drug addict and void of any human feelings. Her environment was extreme poverty and his was a nice middle-class environment. Not worrying about no money for groceries. If the babysitter story is correct, she may have held onto a dream that didn't happen. The daughter visits/comes to stay and is used to having things and, as children innocently do, voiced the differences. Had pretty clothes and talked about her life that AD cannot conceive. What happens next I cannot even imagine.

Very astute. I think you may be very right.

Maybe he is just a genuinely nice and empathetic young man that believes individuals deserve second chances.

Maybe but timing certainly is odd.
And the latest stories about repeat sex offenders and pedophiles makes a person hesitant to make that kind of global statement - again on the day that his sister is found murdered and her mother accused of pimping her.
But he is too young to be thrown into all of this... imo

Again, one parent lived in a nice home, the other didn't.
I don't follow what you are getting at on this.

Mobile homes are fire hazards IMO but they are less expensive for people to obtain. Does that mean that parents who let thier child sleep in one is putting the child in danger, therefore they are neglectful?

I really am trying to see where you are going with this.

If a parent could afford a far safer place for a child to live in and they choose a place that is not safe for that child to live in then I think it is neglectful.

I have lived in a trailer before when my daughters were small. If the place had caught fire and became a death trap it would have been my fault. I allowed them to live in that trailer.

This is not a question of haves and haves nots. That little girl had everything and the dad took it away by sending her to the mom. He took a large saftey net he had built up around her by all the nice things he had and the area he lived in and yanked that saftey net away.

That's what the out was about...a lot of times white woman have their hair "up" or "Down". The black woman equivalent is having your hair "Out", as in out of braids.
I lived with a black family when I was in foster care. In 8 months in a house with three black women, you learn about hair out.

BBM

Must be a regional thing. I am black and have never even heard "hair out." I say hair "up" or "down" just like any other woman. White, black or other.

The pants wouldn't fit over the diaper. JMHO.

5 year olds don't usually need diapers. Could the clothing in the car be tested to be sure they belong to Shaynia, and not another child?

Yes, it was solved. It was a shooting over insurance money a man had just received. His wife and her sister were innocent guests at the man's house that night. Two men received life sentences.

Here's what's bothering me. When AD called LE, she said she had been outside checking around for Shaniya. So she knew there was poop on the porch.

If you woke up and your child was missing, and you looked outside for them, and you saw POOP all over your porch, and you called LE, would you say:

or would you say:

"My child is missing and I looked outside and JESUS MOTHER OF GOD THERE'S POOP ALL OVER MY PORCH!!!! GET THE POLICE HERE NOW!!!!"

Why the heck didn't she say a single word about the porch poop to LE???? Is it just me or is that a big fat elephant in the room you want to cover in your story?

Thoughts?

LOL thanks for the giggle about the poop on the porch :D

Okay about what I bolded:

Nope I don't think she looked at all either and I think it's because she knew exactly who had Shaniya and she knew what was going to happen to Shaniya.

She said she laid Shaniya back down at 5:30 and then woke up and Shaniya was gone. She said she looked "everywhere". I beg to differ. It was all a sham. And now that you pointed out the poop on the porch it supports it even further.

or would you say:

Thoughts?
she may have been high on something when the child was taken, how does the messy blanket at the neighbors fit in....do we know for sure it belonged to Shanyia?

If a parent could afford a far safer place for a child to live in and they choose a place that is not safe for that child to live in then I think it is neglectful.

I have lived in a trailer before when my daughters were small. If the place had caught fire and became a death trap it would have been my fault. I allowed them to live in that trailer.

This is not a question of haves and haves nots. That little girl had everything and the dad took it away by sending her to the mom. He took a large saftey net he had built up around her by all the nice things he had and the area he lived in and yanked that saftey net away.

See Logical, this is what I was talking about. Not crime stats. They are general statements. Not really even talking about the case involved.

I lived in an older mobile home all of my life until I married. My parents loved me and took care of me but that's all they could afford. So, you're saying, if when I was a child and my home caught on fire, it would have been my momma and daddy's fault for having me in a mobile home?
That's what I'm asking.
Because if that is what you are saying, I couln't disagree more.
That's what I was trying to get at.

That's what the out was about...a lot of times white woman have their hair "up" or "Down". The black woman equivalent is having your hair "Out", as in out of braids.
I lived with a black family when I was in foster care. In 8 months in a house with three black women, you learn about hair out.

O/T but thought I'd share with you. I'm white & one of my best gal's was black. We were nearly inseperable as kids. She taught me how to "plait / corn row' & I taught her how to use Finesse conditioner and a big fat brush to blow her hair straight w/o a flat / hot iron. It's so ironic that I chose to wear my hair braided more than straight & she wore her hair straight more than braided. Hearing about "hair out" brought a smile to my face. Trust me, I'm not being inappropriate or uncaring, but literally hearing that made me feel a spark of warmth from days gone by.

she may have been high on something when the child was taken, how does the messy blanket at the neighbors fit in....do we know for sure it belonged to Shanyia?

That's a very good point, now that you mention it. I haven't seen it reported that it was definately Shaniya's blanket. Anyone else see it confirmed by LE?

or would you say:

Thoughts?

The park cameras caught them outside, looking around. So they looked...for show, but they still did.
That's going to be a hard link to find, but I'll look.

Maybe but timing certainly is odd.
And the latest stories about repeat sex offenders and pedophiles makes a person hesitant to make that kind of global statement - again on the day that his sister is found murdered and her mother accused of pimping her.
But he is too young to be thrown into all of this... imo
I can't help but think brother knew Mario, if he dropped off, or picked up his sister numerous times they could have met, hence the "felon" statement and the seemingly ease in which he said his name on NG

No. She said something to the effect that her "hair was out." All that means is Shaniya's hair was "down" or not in a ponytail, braided, ect.

*Not taking up for the mom, just explaining what she meant.

Didn't mom describe her hair like "sorta bushy afro"?

Bushy is not good. I can just imagine Shaniya's hair not looking nearly as nice as it did when she used to be with aunt.

The park cameras caught them outside, looking around. So they looked...for show, but they still did.
That's going to be a hard link to find, but I'll look.
I didn't know that. Did the camera catch them looking before the 911 call?

BBM

Must be a regional thing. I am black and have never even heard "hair out." I say hair "up" or "down" just like any other woman. White, black or other.
It might be regional. I've heard it in movies from time to time...I was just stating that I didn't bat an eye when I heard it, I knew what it meant.
There was no disrespect meant in that statement, none whatsoever, just so everyone knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MJ1690