FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #30

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.circuit8.org/ao/orders/5.1120%28E%29.pdf

Doesn't it seem that it's required of all parents with minor children? Possibly in this case, it's more related to AC ... but maybe not. It doesn't really mention any connection to complaints by child services.

WHEREAS [FONT=&quot]§[/FONT]61.21, Fla.Stat. (2006), mandates attendance at a Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course by all parties to a dissolution of marriage proceeding with minor children or a paternity action that involves issues of parental responsibility.

When I divorced about 5 years ago in FL, the class was required even though custody was never in dispute. From what I recall, it basically dealt with treating the other parent with respect etc. for the sake of the kids.

cam... that was your first notice of sleep right? That means I have two more? Im gonna check the map and I think I have it on video. Are you saying the crossin guard is on the right side, but at the spot where grove park goes to the right, instead of the corner wher grove park goes to left? Grrrr. I will go look.
coming from Somer's school....crossing guard is on the left, at Gano and Grove park....a bit further is Grove Park to the right.....

I think someone would notice a motorcycle with a kid on the back....UNLESS it happened to be someone from the neighbourhood that people are used to seeing with a kid on the back.

I didn't visualize a kid on the back. I envisoned perp riding motorcycle, getting off, killing Somer, putting her in the garbage and then driving off.

I just read somewhere that she flagged down LE close to 6....this is all so screwy!! How do we know what time she really left work? Has it been confirmed?? Then I thought that she said she left work at 4:20? That makes is all the more messed up....Cell phones will tell a lot in this case....MO

The report was filed at 5:06 p.m.

So she had flagged officer by then. (This was MPR filed by CD Hickey, not anything by A. Coan)

She talked to Sean around 4 and said she was leaving work. She called Perry at 4:20 and asked him to leave work.

I started with the earliest time and used that as reference. If she left at 4:20, and it's 25 minutes drive (this based on discussion about her coming home for lunch) then she had less than 15 minutes to find, kill and dispose of Somer.

I just don't think she is a feasible suspect based on the timeframe.

I just read somewhere that she flagged down LE close to 6....this is all so screwy!! How do we know what time she really left work? Has it been confirmed?? Then I thought that she said she left work at 4:20? That makes is all the more messed up....Cell phones will tell a lot in this case....MO

Well she wrote in her depostion she left work at 4pm (police report). But yes cell phones tell a story...

I see squabbles like this every day. The aides intervene if they see it/a student comes to them, but I don't think they result in a phone call. I don't know what would happen at GPE. Wish we had some insight there.

I'm not 100% clear on whether anyone got hit with a backpack (yes, I know it's in media reports but don't know if it is fact), but if someone was, I do think it was M., the friend who walked with Somer most every day and was walking with her that Monday.

Yes, petty squabbles aren't necessarily reported. If the child has ongoing problems that cause concern, especially if the squabbles routinely disrupt the classroom or the child is a flight risk, the parents are definitely called. This may not be the first time Somer got into a fight or hit another child. The concern I had was the time discrepancy (about 15 minutes) between when school officially let out and when Somer was released, and I concluded she may have been with a teacher who was notifying parent. The teacher would have to know that she would be walking home with her sibs, though, and not interfere with that arrangement either. So the sibs would have to wait, too.

I'm sure LE has the cell phone records and if there were red flags with the times then these people would be suspects. But LE has none.

Yes, petty squabbles aren't necessarily reported. If the child has ongoing problems that cause concern, especially if the squabbles routinely disrupt the classroom or the child is a flight risk, the parents are definitely called. This may not be the first time Somer got into a fight or hit another child. The concern I had was the time discrepancy (about 15 minutes) between when school officially let out and when Somer was released, and I concluded she may have been with a teacher who was notifying parent. The teacher would have to know that she would be walking home with her sibs, though, and not interfere with that arrangement either. So the sibs would have to wait, too.

I wonder how much of what Sgt. Dan Mahla said was accurate.

If Somer was last seen at 1080 Gano, then she couldn't have caught up with her siblings in the 1100 block of Gano.

I think at this time, they were getting several stories and had to sort it all out.

I'm not sure that Somer really was released by the school at 2:50 since the Sheriff said she was last seen by her siblings at 2:45 ... KWIM? And now they are saying Gano and Solomon. UGH and GRRRR and all kinds of things

If anyone can tell me where kids getting rides (car pool) at GPE line up, that would be great.

Also, if the bus kids are in the same or different area.

If parents walk onto school grounds to pick up kids, where are those kids kept?

Are walkers released early?

No offense, but I only want to know about GPE, not about any other school in Florida or the USA.

I don't think Somer would go home. I think she went somewhere (or headed there) where she felt like she was the boss.

Now that different posters have established where Somer might have been running to, how does it play out against the various short cuts and paths you have all so carefully sleuthed? Some lead home, some to trees or woods? Would the perp know about her and her forays into the woods, or into a tree house, or to be alone, or to run home? Somewhere, somehow, he was waiting in one of those places, knowing she was vunerable and upset, and he was on foot, or had left a small vehicle (motorcycle) nearby, and the rest...

http://www.circuit8.org/ao/orders/5.1120%28E%29.pdf

Doesn't it seem that it's required of all parents with minor children? Possibly in this case, it's more related to AC ... but maybe not. It doesn't really mention any connection to complaints by child services.

WHEREAS [FONT=&quot]§[/FONT]61.21, Fla.Stat. (2006), mandates attendance at a Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course by all parties to a dissolution of marriage proceeding with minor children or a paternity action that involves issues of parental responsibility.

No, it does not, which is why I mentioned other possibilities. But it says "completion" which means that some legal authority has decided that this parent needed to attend the required course for home stabilization. And the person did not complete the course. The person is now being ordered to do so.

I wonder how much of what Sgt. Dan Mahla said was accurate.

If Somer was last seen at 1080 Gano, then she couldn't have caught up with her siblings in the 1100 block of Gano.

I think at this time, they were getting several stories and had to sort it all out.

I'm not sure that Somer really was released by the school at 2:50 since the Sheriff said she was last seen by her siblings at 2:45 ... KWIM? And now they are saying Gano and Solomon. UGH and GRRRR and all kinds of things

Are Google maps wrong on the numbering? When I pull up 1100 Gano, it shows as halfway between Miller and Solomon--closer to the school than the house where the fire was.

Now that different posters have established where Somer might have been running to, how does it play out against the various short cuts and paths you have all so carefully sleuthed? Some lead home, some to trees or woods? Would the perp know about her and her forays into the woods, or into a tree house, or to be alone, or to run home? Somewhere, somehow, he was waiting in one of those places, knowing she was vunerable and upset, and he was on foot, or had left a small vehicle (motorcycle) nearby, and the rest...

In the comments under one of the articles about Somer, there were people who posted that they had seen Somer walking alone (on more than one occasion IIRC).

I think there were a couple of people who said that (of course online and anonymously, they could have been the same person).

I don't know about Clarke Park and how popular it is but during the Park Chase video (2007), it seemed deserted. I think one kid was on the swings. If it's the case that it's busy on weekends but not during the week, this might be somewhere she would go.

The possibilities are endless. Or so it seems to me.

Hi everybody... Ive been getting booted and my friend just cleaned up my pc so Im gonna go try to download the videos again. Maybe they will help. The class you are all talking about is ordered for divorcing parents that dont get along too. I can say for sure (haha) this is the case with DT and ST. No matter how much one might want to.

Whoever cared and really wanted those kids should have completed this course - for whatever reason ordered to do so - and made it the first priority before all other activities. But, priorities have been my concern all along.

Are Google maps wrong on the numbering? When I pull up 1100 Gano, it shows as halfway between Miller and Solomon--closer to the school than the house where the fire was.

I don't know.

I went down the street and the numbers got bigger as I "walked" in street view ... bigger as I moved away from the school.

Had to ZOOOOOOM way in to get guy on Gano in street view. Looks like numbers get bigger as you go away from school ...
Maybe Sad or Cam can tell us for sure???

Map to what I'm looking at

[snipped...] Somer has been missing since 2:45 p.m. Monday, when she was on her way home from school near West Gano Avenue and Debarry Avenue with her sister, twin brother and other children.

She might have hit another child with her backpack and run off after she was teased about something.

Her siblings arrived home at 3:05 p.m.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-10-21/story/search_for_somer_renee_thompson_continues_into_the_night

Sorry if this question has been raised before but i never considered it until now...What if the child Somer might have hit with her backpack was her sister, who then chased her????....(as per the other video report)

The report was filed at 5:06 p.m.

So she had flagged officer by then. (This was MPR filed by CD Hickey, not anything by A. Coan)

She talked to Sean around 4 and said she was leaving work. She called Perry at 4:20 and asked him to leave work.

I started with the earliest time and used that as reference. If she left at 4:20, and it's 25 minutes drive (this based on discussion about her coming home for lunch) then she had less than 15 minutes to find, kill and dispose of Somer.

I just don't think she is a feasible suspect based on the timeframe.

Noway, we are going by what was told to the LE on the MPR. The only proof here is the time that the report was filed.

There are no records of when DT left work. Cell phones would prove when those other calls took place. People have discussed which receptionist office she worked at (I don't recall a resolution there) and how long it took, etc. It's silly for me to be even talking about this. I am concerned about all of the small but significant varying reports about who said what time things happened. On the video I watched, LE said mom searched 2 and 1/2 hours. Pretty bizarre to stand on national t.v. and give specific information like that if it is incorrect. She did not indicate that was wrong...

However, I have a hard time imagining her and/or her son, in anger, killing the child because she had run off one too many times. I can see DT giving her hell, but that's about all. I do think on some level she either knows or suspects who did it and either can't face the truth or is covering because the alternative would be just too too hard to deal with.

I thought she left work at 4:00 when she found out from SP that somer didn't come home from school, then she called PC at 4:20 to leave work and come help look for somer. Then in that one video where she says AC was already down there (at the park?) looking, she says she flagged down LE as soon as she got off work (at 4:00?) but she didn't. How could she have flagged down LE AS SOON AS SHE GOT OFF WORK if she worked in Jacksonville and the officer was flagged down in Orange Park at the corner of Gano and Floyd Circle West? It would have been at least 25 minutes (driving time) before she could have flagged down LE in Orange Park if she was coming from Jacksonville. The MPR states that she flagged down LE AFTER she picked AC up from the park (he was already down there looking?) Coming from Jacksonville, would she get to OPAA before she got to her house? Or would she have driven past her house to get to OPAA like one poster said she did when she went to OPAA? Confusing as heck.

I'll agree that WE don't know when Diena left work but I am VERY sure that CCSO does. JMO

I think that would have been known by that evening. Sooner actually.

Why would DT be scouring the park for so long unless she knew that Somer routinely ran off into the park when she took off? Maybe big brother was familiar with Somer's routine, also. Did Somer have a favorite hiding place in the park? LE, go back and find out. Talk to people who saw her doing this and noted where she went. This should give some significant clues as to at what point she got nabbed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MildredVeraHolmes