UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other posters said they'd noted that at the other site they would remove posts that seemed accusatory. So I thought that was why it was removed.

Because I didn't copy the post word for word, I figured it was ok. If not, just let me know and I'll delete it. I did say 'rumor.'

Thanks,
fran

All I know is we are suppose to link to the comment and not post rumors.

:woohoo:

Hi friend :hug: Yes another disgusting excuse for a husband and "human" being bites the dust... TG at least JY's not still out endangering other women, breathing and wasting the free oxygen...

:parrot:

or a nurse!

All I know is we are suppose to link to the comment and not post rumors.
the comment was there at one point and had already been linked to. It was deleted. I call apples and oranges. It is an interesting comment for sure imhoo.

I have a very good friend who was in a similar situation. Her husband was in a high position in that church. When a man attains that position, they are believed to speak "the word of God". Women are capable of "speaking the word of Satan". Since she chose to leave with her children, she was told to find another temple. At that point, she left for good with her children.

Please read the history of this church. No, I did not know Susan, but this church has standard practices in these cases.

Doing my best to avoid religious discussion, I'll just say that my experience in the LDS church is the polar opposite of that. No one, at any level in the church, will argue that "speaking the word of God" in any way trumps simple right and wrong. God would not tell someone to abuse his wife.

That's not to say that your friend might not have had a bad local bishop - who knows? But the church doesn't espouse men abusing wives and children, period.

aw geeez it's true, omg if that isn't enough to give you nightmares... ("uh... that's okay doc I'm feelin alot better, I'm outa here!") :eek:

ot, wasn't he recently kicked out of nursing school? How he ever got in is a mystery. Now with formal charges, we can rest easier, for sure.

Josh is not "high up" in the church....he thought the church was ruining his marriage. For whatever reason, Susan hadn't taken her kids and left or kicked him out. She seems to have a lot of friends and support from her family. Why she chose to stay with him we may never know.

I had posted parts of it already but couldn't remember all of it and asked for accuracy and clarification for the record. So, i'm to blame, if anyone.

Well, we all wanted to read about it - it is MY fault if anything. If anyone cares to read many pages back on this very thread, other comments from the newspaper were referred to without a link and no one said anything at all.

MOO

Doing my best to avoid religious discussion, I'll just say that my experience in the LDS church is the polar opposite of that. No one, at any level in the church, will argue that "speaking the word of God" in any way trumps simple right and wrong. God would not tell someone to abuse his wife.

That's not to say that your friend might not have had a bad local bishop - who knows? But the church doesn't espouse men abusing wives and children, period.

Thanks, and that's good to know. I know that she was totally devastated, having given her life to that church. Her children had to leave the life that they had known, also. I know that there are "bad apples" everywhere - and I think it is dangerous to let a church or another person do your thinking and set your personal ethics. She and the children are doing very well today, but it was hard going for a while.

ot, wasn't he recently kicked out of nursing school? How he ever got in is a mystery. Now with formal charges, we can rest easier, for sure.

Yes expelled in August ... his budding career evidently "nipped in the bud" before his recent arrest...

I know most of you have followed cases like this a lot closer than I have; but I can't help but feel a little discouraged about how this is playing out, to this point. It's just so unjust. You have a father - a man who appears to be a kind, decent man - who has lost a daughter. And, for all intents and purposes, he's lost two grandsons, as well. And he has to see his sweet, little grandson behind a crowd of people?

I know it's only been a couple weeks. But it would seem to me that they would have enough information, at this point, to at least have him under 24-hour surveillance. The fact that he could just jump in his car and drive 800 miles with his boys seems wrong.

Good Lord! That is a very hard to understand divorce case. It is long and confusing with dates at the bottom as late as 2008.

And now controlling the investigation! OMG - the consummate actor. There is EVIL in this world.

This link isn't working, is anyone else able to open?

Me too. This is the error message I am getting.

Superior Court Case Summary

An input error has occured.

Please return to the search screen and re-enter your search values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member