UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellewell says there are a couple items she found especially shocking. Local reports stated Susan was “afraid Josh Powell might kidnap her two boys… divorce her or worse." Hellewell says Susan never told her that.

She also said she had never heard of any sort of will with "writing something so that no one would ever think she committed suicide," or stating "it would be so her boys would know that she would never kill herself, because she would never leave her boys alone."

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...ys-recent-reports/MBlD-1qZiU6rVNfZLj874A.cspx

Well Kiirsi I don't know about it hurting the investigation but I would bet you will be called in a trial for the defense.

Something tells me that Susan may of not trusted Kiirsi for some reason that she didn't tell her all her SECRETS!

You know Amanda that has bothered me from the start. There was also a point where he had to call the police on Josh but we don't know what it was about. Maybe this is just bad blood letting it all out.

I really do believe though Josh went to the people he felt were messing with his married life after he killed Susan. I think he went to the church that next Sunday and sat there and cried and really was just saying hey I am here and she is not. I think he went to Petersons for the same reason and he went to the Candle Vigil for the same reason, telling the Cox's here I am and she is not. Those are probably the main people he blames for having to kill her.

(bbm) agree doc or as I put it, sadistic pleasure. :(

:parrot:

I wish at this point we could do a poll regarding how we think he may have disposed of her body.

1). buried

2). left exposed to the elements (in the woods, for example)

3). burned

4). put in a dumpster

5). tossed/rolled off a cliff or into a ravine

6). put or thrown into a body of water (lake or river)

7). left in a mine shaft or cave

8). chemically destroyed by lime, or similar caustic material

Wow. I didn't realize there were so many possibilities until I just started typing them out. I believe all of these have been mentioned here by WS posters.

This just proves to me what a daunting task the authorities are facing when it comes to searching for her. She could be anywhere.

Unless his hands were damaged by digging his stuck vehicle out of the snow, I think his hands were hurt during the disposal of her body.

BBM my thoughts

I think you are right. I'm sure the investigators don't want Josh to panic, and do anything else stupid, while he is in control of those children. Kiirsi may have volunteered to be used for 'damage control'. I hope so.

If Josh realizes that an arrest is imminent, they may be worried that he may harm the boys. Josh seems like he may be the type that feels if he can't raise his boys, no one else can, either.

(bbm) ITA his wife's probable homicide was "personal," but so are the boys she'd reportedly told Josh would not stay w their father but go w Susan when she went. The more we hear, the more it's clear--JP is worse than a loose cannon, I can not fathom allowing children to remain with someone so unbalanced or unstable--and that's being euphemistic. JMO

:parrot:

I think Kiirsi is well aware of what was going on. LE seems to have first gotten a hold of Kiirsi and I think she's in the "circle of trust". My only conclusion is that LE needs this information to be hush hush for now while they're finishing their investigation. The less that Mister Know It All gets word of the better. In that case, Kiirsi, don't you think Susan was running around with someone else... lol... we know who did it. Now if we can just get the state lab to hustle those results back...

I think you nailed it Omega. Hate to put us females in a sterotypical light, but let's face it--women confide in one another. Your best friend becomes that for a reason, it's someone you can share anything with--good or bad. Female best friends are far more likely to share much more personal info than male best friends on average. (from Psych books, and my personal experience) Am of the thought that team Kiirsi and team Cox are one and the same.

Something tells me that Susan may of not trusted Kiirsi for some reason that she didn't tell her all her SECRETS!

And on Sunday, Josh called the Hellewells to get directions to Susan's vigil & to find someone to pet sit his birds....he must be talking to them for some reason, even if it's purely self-centered reasons -- he was comfortable enough to call them.

I sense they have not pushed him too hard for information or failed to show pity for him....JMOOOC.

Does anyone know what kinds of birds Josh had? Are they of the talking kind? I am not really sure where I am going with that, but I have heard of large exotic birds repeating fights or things said. Hey, stranger things have happened... Just thinking out loud.

Does anyone know what kinds of birds Josh had? Are they of the talking kind? I am not really sure where I am going with that, but I have heard of large exotic birds repeating fights or things said. Hey, stranger things have happened... Just thinking out loud.
Oh wouldn't that just be so perfect if they spilled the beans!! :D

I was just thinking the same thing when I read that post.

Let's not forget that "Kirsti" had a glowing review of super duper real estate agent on his childish little website LOL

Maybe she was not such a "close" friend when Susan was really in need....seems like Susan may have confided in her neighbors more??

as for JoVanna....maybe Susan said she needed to lie down to get away from her?? I might do that myself

in the end...this is going to come down to :Susan had told Josh it was over, new year, new deal...wanted a divorce

little man flipped out

the rest is just the details which will eventually be revealed I do hope

Let's not forget that "Kirsti" had a glowing review of super duper real estate agent on his childish little website LOL

Maybe she was not such a "close" friend when Susan was really in need....seems like Susan may have confided in her neighbors more??

as for JoVanna....maybe Susan said she needed to lie down to get away from her?? I might do that myself

in the end...this is going to come down to :Susan had told Josh it was over, new year, new deal...wanted a divorce

little man flipped out

It cracks me up how you keep ripping on his websites. I bet he would be SO offended by that! For a person like Josh, saying he's not good at something like that probably hurts worse than being called a wife-murderer - just a blow to his fragile ego! :)

Man, how awesome would it be if he was lurking here, reading the unpleasantries being tossed around about him!

From the Tribune:
" One night in September, Susan called Peterson to ask for a blessing because she was feeling so sick. He called the Elders Quorum president, and the two went to the house. Joshua Powell talked with them for 45 minutes about a computer conference he attended before Susan finally walked into the front room, looking pale and ill, Peterson said.

He asked Susan if she wanted a blessing, and she accepted. Peterson asked Joshua Powell if he wanted to participate, as it was his wife and home. He shrugged his shoulders and said OK, Peterson said.

In the middle of the blessing, the Powells' 4-year-old son, Charlie, climbed onto Susan's lap and was pretending to give the blessing, too.

"All Josh could do was laugh at his son," Peterson said. "It was so heartbreaking to see he just didn't care about her needs." "

Does being pale and ill in September suggest slow metal poisoning, since she was ill the night she "disappeared"?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/ci_14058397

you know, I got to thinking about Susan being sick & calling for someone to come give her blessings...maybe she wanted to go to the doctor, too -- but tight-azz Joshy wouldn't let her -- or he raged so badly over it, she just decided to tough it out....and it's not like she had her own vehicle & could just go where she wanted when she wanted. :(

He sounds so much like my ex -- even a $20 co-pay could set him off! :mad:

you know, I got to thinking about Susan being sick & calling for someone to come give her blessings...maybe she wanted to go to the doctor, too -- but tight-azz Joshy wouldn't let her -- or he raged so badly over it, she just decided to tough it out....and it's not like she had her own vehicle & could just go where she wanted when she wanted. :(

I just want to hear that he's been arrested. Every time someone posts in here, I come rushing over to see if it is the good news. We need a perp walk!

IF JP was poisoning Susan, he certainly did not want her seeing a doctor.

And if he wasn't, you've probably nailed the situation, TM.

little man flipped out

i pretty much agree with your summation of "in the end" and you could be right about jovanna, or at least i must admit that i could have played sick too so someone would get a hint and leave :blushing: but the kiirsi part im not so sure about, im sorta thinkin that since she didnt tell her family about the threats etc. either, most likely because she didnt want them to worry or over-react. i bet it may be the same deal with kiirsi...as far as writing the glowing review, well, i know a few of my friends did stupid stuff trying to keep my ex off my azz...and just because kiirsi is saying that she didnt tell le that doesnt mean that she didnt.... :twocents:

wow! Thanks Dom and Sunflower for that good information. I do happen to believe that religion has a lot to do with what happened to susan.

OK, since many believe this is about religion, here is my question.

Why would Susan make the alleged ultimatum about getting back into the LDS religion? Why is this so important as to be a marriage deal breaker?

Didn't JoVanna say that it was Josh who invited her to stay for supper?
I'm wondering why he would be wanting her to stick around, you'd think if he was up to something then he'd not want outsiders hanging around. Did he want her there so she could be a witness to just how loving and caring he is, fixing a meal, bringing a blanket etc.
If Josh was smart enough to put on a show that night, then why not continue the charade and act half-way concerned after hearing his wife was missing?

VB

Wow, I am so getting in over my head with this religion thing, lol. I don't want to get into any debates, and I don't know what is allowed, but in the LDS Church, men of a certain age are given the priesthood, which entitles them to do certain things in the church, i.e. holding positions, ministering to the sick, etc. This is entirely separate from a temple recommend, although as a man, you would need to be a valid priesthood holder in order to get a recommend. There are different levels of the priesthood based on age and worthiness.

As a woman in the Church, you would expect your husband to hold the priesthood, to be the "head of the household", and to be able to lead the family in the church doctrines. This would have been huge for Susan I think because she believed in the faith, and I believe that this really could have been a large issue between them.

Based on my own experiences, when you grow up in the church or believe in the church, you expect certain things from your significant other, and when that doesn't happen, it is definitely grounds for ending the relationship.

Humm, I guess this (BBM) is the best answer. She clearly chose religion over marriage? Just trying to understand the family dynamics.

That could also be true. She also could've been very hesitant about leaving her husband being how the church views marriage and family, and thought somehow things would work out. MOO

How does the church view marriage and family? Short answers please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shyanne