Monday night's questions about Haleigh's clothes and laundry

That comment from MC about RJ getting up and heading towards the door and her going back to sleep has always bothered me. Where was he going? Was she not curious where he was going? My 4 y/o climbs into bed with me almost every night. If he started to get up in the middle of the night, I'd certainly be asking him where he was going. Of course, it would always be to the bathroom, in which I would wait up for him to get back, just in case. To me, it's very negligent a child is leaving the bedroom in the middle of the night and she didn't even care. Here are my thoughts about that:

1. MC was really out of it from drugs/drinking, whatever. RJ was getting up because someone had come in -- maybe RC or "the man in black"

2. MC was so out of it, it was actually Haleigh getting up and she really did walk out of the mh on her own, or with RC or "the man in black"

I just can't get over her stating she noticed RJ leaving the room in the middle of the night and just fell back to sleep.

You know Yellow, I have always wondered about this and my guess would be that it was Ron coming in.

Let me just share this with you. My husband use to work 2nd shift 3-11. I would put my kids to bed around 9p or so and I too would go to bed about 10p. Well my daughter would always get in the bed with me and sometimes she would stay up with me watching t.v. for awhile. Well if my daughter was still up after 11p (sometimes it seems she would wait up for her daddy) when she heard him come through the door she would pop up immediately. I wouldn't get up because I knew it was daddy, kwim? He would come home turning on lights, looking for his dinner and his night cap. I wouldn't get out the bed because I knew she was going to be with her daddy and he would eventually put her to sleep.

So my point is, maybe Misty didn't get up because she knew Jr. was going in the livingroom or kitchen to be with his daddy. I believe that Ron is the one who turned on the kitchen light and he didn't turn the light back off when he left going back to PDM that night. Does that make sense? I'm confusing myself. :dance:

I agree it was an excuse. What I can't determine is why was there a need for one.

I'm really stepping out on a limb here, but could the basket of washed laundry be part of the story that Misty was supposed to have been washing clothes? Did the players get mixed up in their stories and contradict each other? Misty was regaling about washing clothes, GGMS was regaling about bringing over washed laundry. I think someone spoke out of turn and did not follow the story line.

Not only that but GM Sykes says that Misty also bathed the children and got them ready for bed???!!!

All this and she also claimed to have not gone inside the mh that evening. Misty supposedly came out and took the basket of laundry. I really wish that GGMS would take a poly, Teresa too.

You know Yellow, I have always wondered about this and my guess would be that it was Ron coming in.

Let me just share this with you. My husband use to work 2nd shift 3-11. I would put my kids to bed around 9p or so and I too would go to bed about 10p. Well my daughter would always get in the bed with me and sometimes she would stay up with me watching t.v. for awhile. Well if my daughter was still up after 11p (sometimes it seems she would wait up for her daddy) when she heard him come through the door she would pop up immediately. I wouldn't get up because I knew it was daddy, kwim? He would come home turning on lights, looking for his dinner and his night cap. I wouldn't get out the bed because I knew she was going to be with her daddy and he would eventually put her to sleep.

So my point is, maybe Misty didn't get up because she knew Jr. was going in the livingroom or kitchen to be with his daddy. I believe that Ron is the one who turned on the kitchen light and he didn't turn the light back off when he left going back to PDM that night. Does that make sense? I'm confusing myself. :dance:

Makes perfect sense to me suspicious1!

I just want to make sure i understand what you wrote, do you think Ron came home for his lunch break?

IMO There's way too much emphasis around these blankets

That were most likely never washed.

Had Misty taken her anger out on Haleigh when she found the wet blanket?

As long as everyone is throwing their own thoughts out, I will too LOL. If Misty took off Thurs or so for her wild weekend, Haleigh and Jr were probably at GGS's house from that point on. During that time RC managed to dump Misty's clothes at NayNay's house and I wouldn't be surprised if he was drinking and trying to chase her down during that whole time.

I also think he may have been involved in the elusive accident that injured Misty's dad. It's even possible that the accident gave Misty some leverage in getting RC to marry her.
FWIW I don't think he was even working the Monday she disappeared. I also believe there was a whole lot of revenge involved in the entire situation. It's hard to believe any of their stories or explanations anymore. PLEASE LE---find Haleigh!

All this and she also claimed to have not gone inside the mh that evening. Misty supposedly came out and took the basket of laundry. I really wish that GGMS would take a poly, Teresa too.

Has any reporter ever asked them?

IMO There's way too much emphasis around these blankets

That were most likely never washed.

Had Misty taken her anger out on Haleigh when she found the wet blanket?

The blanket have always sent a red flag to me. Misty since day one kept bringing up the blankets. When she went under hypnosis she rambled on about the blankets as well. Take note to what she said.
Tommy and kids were at the MH when Haleigh got home from the bus at 4:00PM.
Ronald left for about 30MIN.
( No mention that Ron would of been there at the same time Tommy was and later the A/C guy.)

Ron's claims are different than what Misty claims happen that Monday. Take note of Ron's work hours below per TS.

4-5PM:
Tommy Jr, his kids, Haleigh were outside playing.
Keep in mind, she said the reason she did not pick up Haleigh from the bus stop was because Jr.was sleeping. Also, she stated that she came back to the MH to sleep after they took Haleigh to school and slept all day until it was time to pick up Haleigh. (So, where was Jr.?????? and how could Jr. sleep all day past 4PM? Didn't Haleigh get off the bus around 3:30PM?) This is why I feel that the children stayed at GGMS from Thursday-Monday...IMO.

5:00PM: Misty went inside house, cooked, kids played, helped with the homework, movies...never mentioned the kids eating outside....said she cooked around 6pm and kids finished eating around 6:45PM...again never mentioned kids eating outside but did mention that GGMS came by to drop off clothe.

She said she put the blanket in the washer "Before" she put Haleigh to bed!...(She claims she put Haleigh and Jr. to bed around 8:00PM because it was a school night. So that would of put her washing the blankets around 6:30PM - 7:00PM. That would of been the time GGMS came over. So, what was she washing around 10pm.) Claims it took her 30min to wash and 60 min to dry the blanket. (Yet, she said she washed it before Haleigh went to bed.)

She does not mention the fight she had over the phone with Ron at around 8:30PM and turning her phone off or what she did from 8:30PM until she turned her phone on at around 3:15AM!

In Misty's earlier statements she said they...I was cleaning/ washing around 10PM!)

Here is the link: http://www.wftv.com/video/20605182/index.html

Posted: Saturday, 05 September 2009

"Snip" VIDEO at link: TJ Hart on Nancy Grace Show http://www.thesky973.com/pages/5154674.php

Nancy Grace asked Ronald's attorney some questions about his timeline on February 9, 2009. Terry Shoemaker said on national television that Ronald picked up Haleigh at the bus stop at 3:30 and It takes him 19 minutes to go from home to work at PDM. Shoemaker then cleared up a significant grey area stating that Ronald usually gets to work about 45 minutes or so early for his 5pm shift at PDM, putting him at work around 4pm but not actually working until 5pm.
Both investigators and PDM officials say Ron was at work the whole shift.

I think that "whipping" the children into behaving was a common occurrence in that household. I think that it's important to use this witness's account in order to understand that the children were in deed "whipped" as punishment. Ron lied when asked if he abused his children by saying "no". JMO.

I think that "whipping" the children into behaving was a common occurrence in that household. I think that it's important to use this witness's account in order to understand that the children were in deed "whipped" as punishment. Ron lied when asked if he abused his children by saying "no". JMO.

I think so too but it wasn't for punishment; it was used as a form of control by both of them. IMO, rc has no clue on parenting and it is a horrid situation that he ever got a hold of them and got to court with them already in his custody. Since CS had not been to court yet, he was the custodian...darn shame.

In reading the report that Atherella posted, it is clear as water that whipping was done often and he admits he hit her on her behind as instructed. Darn shame the school couldn't see that part of her. Ten to one they didn't touch her close to the time when CS would pick her up.

Can you direct me to this eyewitness so I can start a new thread about this topic for you guys?

BTW, this one derailed again and some posts were removed. Keep your eyes on the tracks everyone!

I wonder if it were Haleigh's clothes that were delivered at 7:00pm. TN or AS or mc never clarified whose laundry. IMO, it looks like rc had a special delivery considering his clothes looked freshly laundered when he was on camera that morning. If he needed some clean clothes, don't know when they were delivered; it could have been at 4:00am for all we know.

I posted this in the thread for the back door as well since these items were found outside the back door. I still wonder what all LE got from the sheets and blankets. Were they clean? Did they have urine? Did they find DNA? So many questions and so little answers. :banghead:

Palatka Daily News "snip" BY LARRY SULLIVAN

February 10, 2009
https://secure.townnews.com/shared-c...cover=0&amex=0

The back door of a blue double wide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door. No mention of this to the 911 operator though.

Misty said she put the blanket in the washer "Before" she put Haleigh to bed! Feb 9th..Before 8PM.(She claims she put Haleigh and Jr. to bed around 8:00PM because it was a school night. So that would of put her washing the blankets around 6:30PM - 7:00PM. Again, what was Misty washing around 10pm.) Claims it took her 30min to wash and 60 min to dry the blanket.

In Misty's earlier statements she said they...I was cleaning/ washing around 10PM! http://www.wftv.com/video/20605182/index.html

Misty says she was cooking dinner at 6pm, (sure didn't take her long to cook dinner- wish i could cook that fast :)) the kids finished eating around 6:45pm. GGM was said to be at the MH just after 7pm.

My Question:

How could GGM have seen the children on the porch after 7pm eating, if they had finished eating at 6:45pm?

Then she is washing blankets right after COOKING dinner. that seems like it is about the same time GGM came over.

Again, Misty has changed her story so much it is almost impossible to figure out the truth. Something that caught my eye was the article from Feb 13th.
LE sent items to forensics lab and still have not shed a word on the findings, except that back then they were working "With The Facts". What facts? All we know is that Haleigh is missing. Every-time LE says they found items of interest they come back and say ...oh it was nothing. I don't buy it, and I don't understand why someone is not sitting behind bars. :furious:

"Snip" http://www.wctv.tv/news/headlines/39610187.html

The 17-year old girlfriend of Haleigh's father is now giving a different account as to where she, Haleigh and her younger brother were sleeping the night she disappeared.

The girlfriend now says all three were in the same bed, initially.

Investigators refuse to comment on this latest development, but instead is first focusing on finding the young girl.

No comment from sheriff

"Snip" http://www.jacksonville.com/news/me...ing_for_haleigh

By Bridget Murphy February 14. 2009

Hardy wouldn't comment when asked about an inconsistency that emerged Thursday in the account of the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings.

Misty first reported that Haleigh had been in bed with her before she woke and found her gone about 3 a.m. as Cummings arrived home.

On Thursday, she told reporters they were in separate beds.

She told the Times-Union on Friday that she did change her story "a little bit" because she got mixed up. There is another bed in the same room that Haleigh was sleeping in, according to Neves, Haleigh's grandmother.

Neves said the family is standing by Croslin and doesn't believe she would do Haleigh any harm. Croslin said officials advised her not to speak with the media anymore. Cummings, 25, said he and his girlfriend took lie-detector tests and believes they passed. Investigators haven't confirmed the results.

Search for Haleigh Cummings puts tiny Satsuma in spotlight

"Snip" http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-...0,3574774.story
Helen Eckinger and Sarah Lundy February 13, 2009

Putnam County Sheriff Jeff Hardy refused to speculate, saying: "I'm dealing with the facts."
Investigators have followed up leads and have sent evidence to be tested in a Jacksonville forensic lab.

I posted this in the thread for the back door as well since these items were found outside the back door. I still wonder what all LE got from the sheets and blankets. Were they clean? Did they have urine? Did they find DNA? So many questions and so little answers. :banghead:

I am quoting my own post for clarification. It is said the LE put the blankets out side. I don't have that article, but that is what I was told.
You have to have an account for the Palaka News link, this is what I "Snip" way back.

"Snip" http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/news01.txt

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/02/11/news/news01.txt

Massive search targets woods, river in South Putnam for missing girl

BY LARRY SULLIVAN
Published: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 11:48 PM EST
Palatka Daily News

SATSUMA - A young girl was reported missing, and possibly abducted, from her South Putnam County home early Tuesday.

The disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings triggered a massive search on land, water and in the air as more than 130 officers from agencies across Northeast Florida responded to the Satsuma area.

"We would hope that she is safe," Detective John Merchant said Tuesday. "And we're hoping for the best outcome."

The nightmare began about 3 a.m.

Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door.

Authorities said they were told Haleigh's father, Ronald, had just ended his shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone.
"She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Daily News while distributing flyers bearing Haleigh's photo. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything."

A 911 call at 3:27 a.m. resulted in Putnam County sheriff's deputies being sent to the home, which is on a dirt road in the Hermit's Cove neighborhood.

By daybreak, a Child Abduction Regional Team response was implemented by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement at Putnam County's request. A nearly constant convoy of vehicles and personnel from a wide spectrum of agencies rolled into the otherwise quiet neighborhood.

A roadblock was set up on the only road out of the neighborhood and deputies thoroughly searched every vehicle that left.

Helicopters from Volusia County and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission flew over the neighborhood and a section of the nearby St. Johns River. Those flights continued into Tuesday night.

Boats from the FWC and Jacksonville Sheriff's Office joined Putnam County deputies seeking clues from the river, while divers searched below the surface.

And, several search teams scoured woods adjacent to the Cummings home.

Some searchers were led by specially trained bloodhounds from the Tomoka Correctional Institution and nearly 30 workers at the state prison in East Palatka joined the effort.

Some officers rode all-terrain vehicles while others walked carefully side-by-side through brush hoping to find some sign of the missing child.

At the same time, authorities went door-to-door asking neighbors if they saw or heard anything that could help find Haleigh.

"Right now, our leads are minimal," Merchant said.

He asked the public to report possible leads to the sheriff's office by calling 329-0800.

"We are doing everything possible," Chief Deputy Rick Ryan said.

Haleigh's 4-year-old brother also was in the home Tuesday night, authorities said.

Haleigh does not have a history of wandering from home.

"That would be abnormal for the child," Merchant said.

Investigators questioned family members for much of Tuesday.

In an interview Tuesday night, Sheriff Jeff Hardy said the FBI had dispatched 16 agents to assist the investigation.

"They'll be on the ground with us Wednesday," he said.

In addition, Hardy said the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children was sending a team to help authorities.

Hardy said he appreciated the fast response and he was hopeful.

"I am optimistic this case will have a positive outcome," he said. "This is a missing, endangered child at this point."

An Amber Alert was issued for Haleigh on Tuesday morning, prompting many tips to be called in to the sheriff's office, Hardy said.

"We're adding to our dispatch staff to handle the calls," he said.

There are no plans at this time to bolster the ranks of searchers with volunteers from the general public Hardy said.

Not if it would make a difference in an eventual arrest, imo. No one from the school system is going to release the info - it's against the law and they would lose their job and they would have the whole county pi$$ed off at them for screwing up the case. [jmo]

You might recall how I confirmed Ron's work hours... it was not by asking about Haleigh's case.
I can't think of a clever way to find out who Haleigh's classmates are and don't know what excuse I could come up with to call one of the kids' parents. and then manage to casually work that question into a conversation without being obvious. I am, however, open to suggestions. ;)

BBM

Have I missed something all these months? LFlorida, did you confirm RC's work hours? What were they?

Incredible sleuthing going on in this thread. The laundry, clothing, and blankets keep getting mentioned. Can't imagine GMS driving over there at that time of night. Misty having been gone all weekend, but trying to sound like it was a normal day. It just appears that Ron's family set-up Misty to be the one responsible for the answers. Ron hide behind all these women. I tend to think Ron had more to do with it, but can't imagine how because truth has been hidden by layers of family.

The reason I question what she was wearing goes back to the 911 call. The operator asks MC what Haleigh was wearing and she replies "Her pajamas, she was sleeping"

Two things stand out to me -- one being her saying "she was sleeping". Why did she offer up that bit of extra info? MC stating she was in her pajamas is so vague. If my child were missing and I was asked what they had been wearing, I'd give the details (pink shirt, white shorts, whatever). It's almost like she hadn't thought about that detail yet. Her claim of a pink shirt and underwear came later, after she thought about it. And, might I add, I don't know who would think of a normal wear t-shirt and underwear as "pajamas".

And there's the odd retrieval of the outfit she wanted for school that day. My parents live about 6 blocks from me and if one of my children said they wanted an outfit from their house right before school, I'd say "too bad".

I think her clothing and bedding are a big clue. Just don't know what, yet.

On top of the clothing and the bedding, I'm not willing to let go of the "bleach cleaning" when she was sooooooooooooo tired that night. Let's not forget about the "talking all night" on Sunday night either. What happened that night besides talking?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Millerx3
Back