Check Fraud case information

I completely understand! :)
They OWE us! LOL
Anyway, here's what was just posted in Todays News thread! Sounds like more defense stalling.

On the air, Central Florida News 13 anchor Adam Longo said the station had learned the check-fraud trial has been delayed because certain motions, such as a change of venue, haven’t been heard. Anthony faces charges of stealing checks from a friend.
In Anthony’s murder case, Central Florida News 13 cited sources who say a hearing scheduled for this week won’t happen. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.
(snipped)

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...-delayed-central-florida-news-13-reports.html

But the article says the Check Fraud trial won't happen and that there are depositions in the MURDER trial that aren't done. How can the defense not depose people and then use that as an excuse not to go to trial? Although my boss scheduled me to be out all day Monday so if it's just postponed maybe I'll get to see it. Makes no sense though.

Going out of my area of speciality here BUT most of you know I get to "hang around courtrooms" & morgues" so: I believe that it's up to the SA and the JUDGE to accept the plea since the crime is against the STATE of Florida and AH is the Floridian injured by the "criminal". The SA & defense work out a deal, the "perp" gets to "chat" with the judge and then the "stamp of approval" is given. What I have observed is that the victim or relatives are informed about the deal but not "asked permission to give" the deal per se. And again, I add jurisdictions may have variances on the described scenario!

Thank you!!! :)

But the article says the Check Fraud trial won't happen and that there are depositions in the MURDER trial that aren't done. How can the defense not depose people and then use that as an excuse not to go to trial? Although my boss scheduled me to be out all day Monday so if it's just postponed maybe I'll get to see it. Makes no sense though.

Well said! I'd like the answer to that too.

Thank you Patty G. I wish it would help if we all joined hands and chanted Please, please please!

Channel 13 has now changed thier story to read However, News 13 has learned the trial isn’t going to happen next week. Earlier it read not going to happen. Hmmm.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/1/18/casey_anthonys_check_fraud_case_delayed.html

ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony’s check fraud trial was supposed to start Jan. 25.

However, News 13 has learned the trial isn’t going to happen.

Anthony is facing charges of stealing checks from her friend Amy Huizenga.

Meanwhile in Anthony’s murder case, there are still motions connected to the case that haven't been heard, such as a change of venue.

Sources told News 13 certain depositions still haven't been taken.

According to sources, a court hearing connected to Anthony's murder case scheduled for this week also will not take place.

BBM it also appears the pre trial status for the murder case will also not take place. :crazy:

The article is not very informative. The title says "postponed" but the article says the trial is not going to happen. Just "sources say". To top it all off, isn't today a national holiday? I would think the courthouse would be closed. Perhaps Casey copped a deal or will plead guilty..but where is the info coming from? I was looking forward to seeing her face AH!

The media saw how much interest there was when the anonymous letter was made public and are hoping we'll all go crazy, generating hits to read their poorly written article. If KB tells me it's off that's one thing. Sources of some guy I've never heard of aren't going to do it for me anymore.LOL!

I am also looking forward to the court dates. First entries made on the 2010 calendar actually. I bet KC is terrified to see AH though and a courtroom full of AH supporters from Fusian while she arrives in shackles. It may be possible she's trying to plea out the fraud case. Weird. I'd never cop a plea if I were innocent but then again I wouldn't have authorized my lawyer to make amends.

Well it is very hard to be at a pre-trial hearing with your DP client on Thursday when you are doing a book signing in Chicago the night before. Plus the fact that SA still does not have a witness list from defense. So let's see, they still need to do depositions and still working on a witness list which probably would go a lot faster if the depos were done. So witness list held up by depos and depos held up by book signings?

I had the impression that the Judge pretty much wanted this fraud trial out of the way as it was easy to resolve. He even asked for them to request a jury so as far as the fraud trial it sounds as if he had already made up his mind it would take place in Orlando. Pretty cut and dry. And am I wrong about hearing him offering JB a "time served" decision if he heard the case himself without the jury. That would probably be her best offer. If a judge is offering to hear her case and resolve it, why would you place yourself in jeopardy demanding a jury trial???

I'm gonna take a stab here and say I think this is two-fold..

There have been rumblings online over the last two weeks (supposively by people who claim to have inside sources, local, etc) that have stated that word around town is that KC will plead guilty to avoid a repeat televised showing of evidence and trial. With the trial so close now, I assume the rumblings are getting louder (and probably more substantiated) and the media is rushing to be the first to report and on a slow news day. Doesn't appear that these news reports are citing any documentation of such....just whispered "insider information"

As far as the second part....the pre-trial status hearing on the murder trial, I would not be surprised to see an update on the court records tomorrow (when courts reopen) that a Motion to Continue has been filed based on depositions that need to be scheduled. I have always expected a few to pop up in this case over the next several months, as I don't believe Baez is even close to ready to give Strickland a "status update" so trial date can be set.

So I think this is expected news....

I really want there to be an explanation that in no way has anything to do with a book event. Please....someone tell me this IS NOT happening.

I really want there to be an explanation that in no way has anything to do with a book event. Please....someone tell me this IS NOT happening.

Sleutherontheside: I think the book signing was probably scheduled because AL already knew the pre-trial would not take place. They just don't have their duct, oopppps, ducks in a row.

The media saw how much interest there was when the anonymous letter was made public and are hoping we'll all go crazy, generating hits to read their poorly written article. If KB tells me it's off that's one thing. Sources of some guy I've never heard of aren't going to do it for me anymore.LOL!

I am also looking forward to the court dates. First entries made on the 2010 calendar actually. I bet KC is terrified to see AH though and a courtroom full of AH supporters from Fusian while she arrives in shackles. It may be possible she's trying to plea out the fraud case. Weird. I'd never cop a plea if I were innocent but then again I wouldn't have authorized my lawyer to make amends.

Hi kaRN.

I also bet KC is more than terrified to see her BF in court shackled and all.
We'll just have to wait and see.
Strange this "news" breaks on a holiday weekend.

So, they canceled the check fraud trial because Jose's motion for COV (for the check fraud trial) hasn't been heard yet? Or there is a plea?

Okay, I understand that even though I'm not happy about it but WHY did they cancel the status hearing???

I am getting so frustated by all of this.

I can not believe Jose and his team haven't even taken depositions yet. It's been way over a year and they haven't taken any depositions?

Andrea is running all over the country signing stupid books and giving lectures but has no time to prepare for a trial she took on?

If I was innocent (like Casey claims) I would be livid if it took this long to get me out of jail. But, Casey's not innocent so I guess she really doesn't care that this is costing me and millions of Floridans millions of dollars of our hard earned money.

I can't stand any of them!!

End temper tantrum.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname