UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Farewell, joshpowellrealtor.com. The website is gone now. The Polished Marketing and SP/Chantrey sites are still up though. Yay.

Anyhow, regarding that phone book advertising -- I understand that it was actually refrigerator magnets that were attached to the cover of phone books. A few days ago, some people on the SLTribune forum were discussing how useless they were. See comment @ 5:02 http://www.tribtowns.com/comments/read_comments.asp?ref=14161676&PageIndex=3

I don't actually remember seeing the magnet reference when his website was still alive, but when I googled "josh powell refrigerator magnet" to locate the comments I linked to above, there is a cached result from joshpowellrealtor.com: "In fact, you probably have his magnets on your refrigerator. ... Please contact Josh Powell any time you have real estate questions."

That's some brilliant marketing there, Joshy! Too bad the magnets don't say "Have you seen this man on Dec. 7?"

Today is little Charlie's 5th birthday. I hope they make him smile a lot today.
Braden turned 3 on the 2nd.
Josh turns 34 tomorrow (I think).

How sad it must be for those boys. I'm sure the Cox's won't be invited over for the celebration. I bet all Charlie wants is to feel the warm of his Momma's arms again.

I kept thinking (hoping) this move was poised for Josh's eventual confession. I feel like a dumb**s for thinking this way.

Amanda, I think it's SP whose birthday is Jan. 19.. I think..Capricorn

The Cox family are in my thoughts and prayers.

From today's Trib: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14222625?IADID=Search-www.sltrib.com-www.sltrib.com

"Chuck and Judy Cox, tried to arrange a time for Charlie to come to their home for a party, said Shelby Gifford, a friend of and spokeswoman for the Coxes.
The boy's father, Joshua Powell, declined the request, but invited the Coxes to a birthday party at his father's home this weekend, Gifford said. She added that the Coxes have not seen the Powell boys since before Joshua Powell returned to Utah to move the weekend of Jan. 9."

http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14218073?source=most_viewed

Facebook deletes page discussing Susan Powell after complaints

By Nate Carlisle

The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 01/19/2010 12:29:41 AM MST

Facebook has deleted a page discussing Susan Powell that reportedly drew complaints.

The social networking Web site notified the page's creator, Leslie Bleak, on Thursday the page was deleted, according to a posting on Bleak's personal Facebook page.

A Facebook spokeswoman on Monday said, due to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, she was unable to investigate why the page was removed. Facebook's terms of use warns content can be removed if it violates copyrights, other laws or the "spirit" of its terms.

Bleak's page was titled "Susan Powell" and had about 6,000 members. Many of the postings on the page accused Powell's husband, Joshua Powell, of having a role in the disappearance or implored him to cooperate in the police investigation

I hope Charlie is having a happy day, but will admit to also hoping Josh has a miserable birthday and would be thrilled if he were to be arrested on that day.

VB

If things go according to what I think may happen is the Cox's will see little of the boys, unless they are with Josh. Josh will be doubly careful that the older boy does not give out any info regarding his mom. He gets an A plus in control...right Josh??? My heart breaks for the boys. As a teacher I have seen this kind of control with parents just like Josh. I don't even want to get into it.
Makes me sick.

I'm pretty sure I was wrong in thinking it was SP's birthday tomorrow..His is Dec.19, I got confused...sorry

:furious:
http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14218073?source=most_viewed

Facebook deletes page discussing Susan Powell after complaints

By Nate Carlisle

The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 01/19/2010 12:29:41 AM MST

Facebook has deleted a page discussing Susan Powell that reportedly drew complaints.

The social networking Web site notified the page's creator, Leslie Bleak, on Thursday the page was deleted, according to a posting on Bleak's personal Facebook page.

A Facebook spokeswoman on Monday said, due to the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday, she was unable to investigate why the page was removed. Facebook's terms of use warns content can be removed if it violates copyrights, other laws or the "spirit" of its terms.

Bleak's page was titled "Susan Powell" and had about 6,000 members. Many of the postings on the page accused Powell's husband, Joshua Powell, of having a role in the disappearance or implored him to cooperate in the police investigation

Josh’s birthday huh… I hope he gets a nice present. Like a matching pair of bracelets connected by a short chain.

Checking in...Still no news, I see...so frustrating...

From today's Trib: http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14222625?IADID=Search-www.sltrib.com-www.sltrib.com

"Chuck and Judy Cox, tried to arrange a time for Charlie to come to their home for a party, said Shelby Gifford, a friend of and spokeswoman for the Coxes.
The boy's father, Joshua Powell, declined the request, but invited the Coxes to a birthday party at his father's home this weekend, Gifford said. She added that the Coxes have not seen the Powell boys since before Joshua Powell returned to Utah to move the weekend of Jan. 9."

:furious: Sounds like SP is worried the Coxes might get the boys... and fail to return them. (The boys should be so fortunate...)

Maybe Casanova (SP) would like to add this to his repertoire to put on his website. To the tune of Danny Boy

Oh Joshy boy, the cops, the cops are calling
But I can't live without you by my side
Your freedom's gone, and now my dreams are dying
'Tis it you, or 'tis it me... we both must hide...
I can't tell where you leave off and I begin.
Our secret's hushed and covered white with snow
'Tis you who's been my wellspring and my shadow
Oh Joshy boy, oh Joshy boy, I need you so.

Your freedom's gone and all my dreams are dying
But your secret, your secret's safe with me...
They'll never find the place where she is lying
Oh how I dreamed I'd finally have you all to me.

And I shall wait, tho' long you're gone without me
And all my dreams can still one day come to be
If you'll not fail to tell me that you need me
I can raise your sons just like they're one with me.

I can't sleep in peace until you're one with me.

And all my dreams can still one day come to be be

I can't sleep in peace until you're one with me....
:boohoo:

:parrot:

That makes me sick. What possible reason could he have for something like that?

That makes me sick. What possible reason could he have for something like that?

Me too. It's very cruel to expect Susan's parents to get into socializing with the Powells, putting "the past" behind, just to see their grandchildren on their birthdays. Of note, Josh is so narcissistic that he actually sees it in the most selfish way. If he did steal Susan from them, isn't that enough? Where's that button....:sick:

I said way back in a post that visitation stuff was not going to last long.

:furious: Sounds like SP is worried the Coxes might get the boys... and fail to return them. (The boys should be so fortunate...)

Maybe Casanova (SP) would like to add this to his repertoire to put on his website. To the tune of Danny Boy

Oh Joshy boy, the cops, the cops are calling
But I can't live without you by my side
Your freedom's gone, and now my dreams are dying
'Tis it you, or 'tis it me... we both must hide...
I can't tell where you leave off and I begin.
Our secret's hushed and covered white with snow
'Tis you who's been my wellspring and my shadow
Oh Joshy boy, oh Joshy boy, I need you so.

Your freedom's gone and all my dreams are dying
But your secret, your secret's safe with me...
They'll never find the place where she is lying
Oh how I dreamed I'd finally have you all to me.

And I shall wait, tho' long you're gone without me
And all my dreams can still one day come to be

I can't sleep in peace until you're one with me.

And all my dreams can still one day come to be be

I can't sleep in peace until you're one with me.... :boohoo:

:parrot:

Love the lyrics!

If I were the Coxes, I would go to the party no matter how awful it was to be around the Powells, just to p*ss them off! You know that Josh only invited them because he thinks they won't come. I say go for it, Coxes! Be there and love on those little boys! Don't let those creepy Powells keep you away!

Love the lyrics!

If I were the Coxes, I would go to the party no matter how awful it was to be around the Powells, just to p*ss them off! You know that Josh only invited them because he thinks they won't come. I say go for it, Coxes! Be there and love on those little boys! Don't let those creepy Powells keep you away!

I hope and pray the Coxes are getting good advice. They are in a terrible position. It must be so difficult for them as they wait. However they choose to handle the situation, I support them.
It's unconscionable that in the midst of their worry and concern, the totally uncooperative and unconcerned J is enjoying a little manipulating game pleasure. But, am I surprised? No, I'm not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spunky55