Press conference - 2 Feb 2010 - Tammi Smith arrest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if that makes this a Federal case or Federal charges should they decide to go that route.

I was kinda just thinking the same thing myself. Perhaps under some human trafficking statutes? It's something I'm sure is on the back burner. Boy...that would be something make somebody sing canary style, wouldn't it? You'd think anyway.

Thanks all for the news.............think Jack will be next?
What will happen to the 'adopted' daughter grand daughter?)
WOW we knew that she was up to her ears with EJ!!!!!

Mug shot didn't work for me.......I used Tammi Smith.............

I was kinda just thinking the same thing myself. Perhaps under some human trafficking statutes? It's something I'm sure is on the back burner. Boy...that would be something make somebody sing canary style, wouldn't it? You'd think anyway.

Good point and I just read somewhere that if a Federal charge can be filed, the Feds can decide to come in and do that. I'm sure the human trafficking and kidnapping falls under federal charges... not sure about conspiracy, but they can always add charges and the Feds can add their own charges regardless. So, it doesn't have to be something Arizona decides to charge her with.

Anyone with more expertise on this, please, butt in and correct me.

Seems the media has all kinds of documents....why won't they release them to the public??

Guys...the report on our local fox affiliate had a screen shot of the court paperwork where they go into detail on the texts. I am guessing this is public info? I was able to rewind and pause and read just a little.

Thank you - I know in the presser they said something about more info would become available because she has been charged (I think). So the charging documents should be public, maybe available online at some point in full or at the courthouse (not sure).

There are some terrific comments here about TPS' arrest. Now that the press conference is over, how about we all move to the relevant thread so everything can be found in one place? :)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94982"]Tammi Smith Arrested - 02-Feb-10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Woo hoo! I just got back and saw the news and anxiously awaiting the presser.

And wouldn't you know it I had to leave and didn't even have time to sign out of my computer!

Off to read the gadzillion pages I am behind.....

Dang, after the latest I feel more strongly than ever that everything was hunky dory in the beginning, Tammi helps get mom and baby out of town, she's thinking she's gonna start this new life with money. Then when dad slams things down, Tammy tries to talk mom into bringing baby back. Unfortunately mom's dreams are dashed and she goes on one of her wacko episodes. She kills the baby, getting back at his dad and gaining her freedom in one swell swoop. IMO, Gabriel went into the nearest dumpster.

Tammy may not have killed Gabriel but she sure set events into motion. I think manslaughter charges should be considered.

I wish they would just go ahead and search the landfill.....I wonder why they haven't? LE keeps saying it looks bleak for Gabriel being alive.....

Dang, after the latest I feel more strongly than ever that everything was hunky dory in the beginning, Tammi helps get mom and baby out of town, she's thinking she's gonna start this new life with money. Then when dad slams things down, Tammy tries to talk mom into bringing baby back. Unfortunately mom's dreams are dashed and she goes on one of her wacko episodes. She kills the baby, getting back at his dad and gaining her freedom in one swell swoop. IMO, Gabriel went into the nearest dumpster.

Tammy may not have killed Gabriel but she sure set events into motion. I think manslaughter charges should be considered.

I don't think EJ was stupid enough to do it. If she did, she had to of known she would not get away with it after the text. We don;t know what caused her fits of rage nor am I defending them. SHe would have to leave the country and obviously, that did not happen. Why would TS try to get custody if she had thought EJ did it.

What Tammi Did aka Tammi's Criminal Actions

I boiled down the charging doc to find Tammi's specific criminal actions in it. (A person has to DO somethiing to be charged.) Perhaps this simpler version, focused solely on Tammi's criminal actions, will help Tammy, her husband, and her attorney to understand that it's against the law to try to take someone's baby from them.

- Tammi withheld info form LE re her communication with Eliz. Although not specified, it appears to refer to the timeperiod Eliz was in SA, but could only be one day (12/27), or could be from early Dec through the time of Eliz's arrest (12/30).

- Tammi did not tell LE about her text to Logan (on Dec 22) beginning 'Can we get together tomorrow...' that pressured Logan to release his parental rights

- Tammi told LE she was going to use her attorney to pressure Logan to release his parental rights

- Tammi provided Eliz with phone #s of people to advise Eliz about not attending the custody hearing

- Tammi lied (recorded) and said that Logan threatened her

- Tammi used the media to make many false statements re the Smiths involvement

- Tammi left voicemail to judge asking for temp guardianship of Gabe

Actions related to changing jurisdiction:

- Tammi used her computer to get info and gave to Eliz.

- Tammi called a relative to get housing in TN for Eliz

- Tammi suggested Eliz enter a shelter

- Tammi researched adopting both Eliz (adult) and Gabe

Actions related to forgery:

- Tammi forged the doc by putting C Cherry's name.

- Tammi tried to use a friend's husband's name on the doc. Note: Tammi told friend this would create a problem for Logan, which is probably evidence for custody interference vs forgery.

God bless Gabe and Logan.

Thanks BeanE,
Great Summary.
This whole thing seems to have been a complete nightmare for Logan even before Gabriel went missing. I truly hope he gets Gabriel back soon and his family can try to have some semblance of a normal, happy life.

From the police report...Tammis's12/27 text to LM: "Can we get together tomorrow
morning to talk with you and your dad? I'm afraid she'll
be gone forever, cause she doesn't want to go to jail for
kidnapping. She doesn't trust u or ur dad. The only way
she'll come back is if my attorney faxes the signed
papers to her so she won't get in trouble, and Gabriel b
w/us."

I wonder why she wasn't charged with blackmail?

Good Morning. Popping in to get the best and most updated information on Gabriel's case. You are all doing a great job. Thank you.

Friendly reminder . . . please pull back on the name calling OK?

Thank you,
Tricia

From the police report...Tammis's12/27 text to LM: "Can we get together tomorrow
morning to talk with you and your dad? I'm afraid she'll
be gone forever, cause she doesn't want to go to jail for
kidnapping. She doesn't trust u or ur dad. The only way
she'll come back is if my attorney faxes the signed
papers to her so she won't get in trouble, and Gabriel b
w/us."

I wonder why she wasn't charged with blackmail?

But if Tammi doesn't know where she was...how does that work.
"Yeah, I need you to sign these papers, and I'm going to fax them to Elizabeth Johnson/Jones, co the Universe.
I'm sure God will take care of it."
WTH? I don't think that her involvement ended when LE is saying it did. I think she was at least feeding EJ info...info that LE might not have if all the contacts weren't online.

Do I have it right that TS knew that EJ was in San Antonio and knew that Logan had reported G missing but failed to disclose where she was? Or how did they find EJ in San Antonio?

You know, I give Logan alot of credit for keeping his head, and using such good judgement in dealing with Tammi. Especially after reading BeanE's post above.

He did exactly as he should have done, and that is go directly to law enforcement for help.

Dealing with Tammi, and her little games had to be incredibly frustrating- and the whole time he must have been panicked, worrying about his son.

I have so much respect for how Logan has handled this. My heart breaks for what this young man has been going through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK