NV NV - Steven T. Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
The missing flyer says docker pants white shirt and tennis shoes. That is the description I went by for the youtube video.
NCMA says hoodie ,jeans and tennis shoes.

It's always looked like a hoodie to me. Maybe Steven's parents identified the clothing?

I don't know why I didn't think of this before - since I knew it existed! I'm attaching the February 2010 issue of the magazine published by the Sun City Anthem Community Association. I found no mention of Steven, which I suppose wouldn't be something they'd want to publicize to their residents. BUT, you can purchase ad space and I wonder if the family has considered doing that?

SCA is part of a billion-dollar business in the business of selling safe communities to retired people; I doubt they'd even take a paid ad that inferred that a crime had taken place in one of their communities.

I haven't been able to find past issues of this mag, but I will try. Maybe there was something about Steven in the January issue (doubt it).

Couple of interesting things I noticed. It appears as though the security force is volunteer. And there are so many community centers in Anthem - I wonder if the family was able to post Steven's fliers in any or all of them?

http://sca-hoa.org/picture/february_10_final.pdf

Yeah...using volunteers to keep down the cost of patrols and monthly fees, while insuring that all information is filtered in-house (IMO).

Wow, Steven's thread seemed to be lagging for awhile but is it ever on a roll again now! Sorry Laytonian, I wish I could help more in deciphering the driving/receipt times but as I'm not at all familiar with that part of the country or its routes and landscapes its hard for me to visualize where he was going and when. You seem to be doing a fabulous job of it though!

I just get a feeling there is a ton of denial going on among Steven's family, friends and church members. If they really do want to find out what happened to Steven and bring him home, why haven't they organized themselves and/or congregated to figure this thing out? It seems as though if all of the people in Steven's life would get together and collaborate like we here on WS are doing, and if they were really honest with each other regarding anything known or presumed about Steven, they'd be very close to finding out what happened to this very special guy.

Well, take a look. I've worked on it for hours today....plugged in all of the receipts, used my mapping software AND it comes out close to matching the reality of the Nephi Utah receipt time!

I also heard from AN, she's very nice. The reason the date of the Ruby Valley visit was changed to the 9th, was due to a talk between AN's and SK's moms. So I'm going to stick with the 10th unless we get mom advice ;)

It's always looked like a hoodie to me. Maybe Steven's parents identified the clothing?

Nope. Look at the flyer on your fabulous timeline. This is what I've distributed and what I carry in my car.

There is NO hoodie. IMO.

Well, take a look. I've worked on it for hours today....plugged in all of the receipts, used my mapping software AND it comes out close to matching the reality of the Nephi Utah receipt time!

I also heard from AN, she's very nice. The reason the date of the Ruby Valley visit was changed to the 9th, was due to a talk between AN's and SK's moms. So I'm going to stick with the 10th unless we get mom advice ;)

Thank you SO much for your work!! I hope the family is sending you brownies daily for all your work, cause they certainly aren't sending info your way to help, at least it sure doesn't seem like it :(

Nope. Look at the flyer on your fabulous timeline. This is what I've distributed and what I carry in my car.

There is NO hoodie. IMO.

I made that version of the flyer, and I got the info from the Project Jason site. Y'all please let me know if you want me to change it!

I made that version of the flyer, and I got the info from the Project Jason site. Y'all please let me know if you want me to change it!

In THIS season, "white shirt" is better than a hoodie. If Steven's walking around, in the kind of warm weather he prefers, he's not wearing a hoodie.

By now, we hope he's changed his clothes.

NO!!!! I love that flyer! I don't see a stinking hoodie and I challenge anyone who claims to see one to prove it!

By redoing the timeline for the Ruby Valley trip, and matching the receipts with drivetimes and mapping software......it's pretty obvious that WHEREVER STEVEN WAS HEADED, WASN'T FAR FROM RUBY VALLEY.

The receipts are all along I-15 and I-80, so I used that route. The only "appointment" I had to consider, was the Taco Time receipt. I figured I'd ignore it, and see what happened.

The earliest Steven could have started driving, was after the temple ceremonies ended.

The latest he could have started driving to arrive at Ruby Valley at 11am,
was 2:15am.

When Tommy U texted him, Steven would have been driving through the Bonneville Salt Flats. But he'd have had cell service in Wendover, if not on the flats. So he was avoiding answering Tommy.

If we figure he left Ruby Valley at 1pm PST after "a couple of hours", it's obvious he drove straight home....or at least to Nephi. Depending upon how long his p-stops, snack stops, gas stops were.....he still arrived at Taco Time in Nephi, darned close to the software's estimate.

Either the Ruby Valley ranch stop was a sidetrip, OR he had business nearby.
He didn't have time to drive more than a couple hours further away from Ruby Valley.

I read the earlier posts to refresh myself on them. After reading his friends post on how he saw him they talked about their lives, his friends were all married, friend offers to send out resumes in Texas, I start to think different. At first I thought it was an illegal courier business that went wrong , then maybe he walked away from his life to start new. As you said Laytonian he was avoiding calls . His friend picks up back in I think July that Steven was depressed. Now I wonder if he did harm himself. To be honest I really do not know which one it is.

I read the earlier posts to refresh myself on them. After reading his friends post on how he saw him they talked about their lives, his friends were all married, friend offers to send out resumes in Texas, I start to think different. At first I thought it was an illegal courier business that went wrong , then maybe he walked away from his life to start new. As you said Laytonian he was avoiding calls . His friend picks up back in I think July that Steven was depressed. Now I wonder if he did harm himself. To be honest I really do not know which one it is.

Thanks for finding Tommy's WS post. I linked it on the timeline.

"At our house on one occasion, however, he did express discouragement about not having a job in his field." -- Paul Doxey.

After reworking the timeline, it looks (to me) that he went to Ruby Valley in some misguided hope that he could work something out with Annemarie -- maybe by talking to her parents (?)

After Laytonian's great new write up :) above about RV and the refreshed Timeline today as well as the reminder post brought over from his friend.

Here are my thoughts. FWIW...

I know in a depressed and stressed state I can see not answering phone calls to avoid people, but not answering a simple text message for an address from a life long friend for a Christmas Card, makes me almost think he may have had plans to end his life after all.

As in.. Don't bother :(

Is this the long term relationship that Tommy mentions in his post and also said it was Steven that ended it.

Thanks for finding Tommy's WS post. I linked it on the timeline.

"At our house on one occasion, however, he did express discouragement about not having a job in his field." -- Paul Doxey.

After reworking the timeline, it looks (to me) that he went to Ruby Valley in some misguided hope that he could work something out with Annemarie -- maybe by talking to her parents (?)

Which could have totally put an already depressed guy in a tailspin if say he heard she was involved with someone else, or completely not interested or anything like that..

Is this the long term relationship that Tommy mentions in his post and also said it was Steven that ended it.

Man....how did I miss THAT in Tommy's post? That's what I get for being so clinical, and why the romantics pick things up better ;)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4683029&postcount=8]Tommy's WS post

"i do recall he had a somewhat serious relationship at some point, but he had since broken it off...this has been maybe a year or two ago"

That'd be about the right time, but the other side of the story is described as "we dated a few times".

So does AN pretty sure about the 9th, or is possible that it was another day?

Man....how did I miss THAT in Tommy's post? That's what I get for being so clinical, and why the romantics pick things up better ;)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4683029&postcount=8]Tommy's WS post

"i do recall he had a somewhat serious relationship at some point, but he had since broken it off...this has been maybe a year or two ago"

That'd be about the right time, but the other side of the story is described as "we dated a few times".

The seriousness of a relationship sometimes varies wildly depending which half of the relationship you talk to. Is it possible that when AN and SK dated, he thought it was more serious than she did? Maybe he even fudged when talking to his friend in Texas about being the one to end the relationship--as kind of a way of saving face with his already-married, seemingly-successful friend.

I think he went to see if AN was interested in starting the relationship up again. Either he was told that she was dating someone else (Is she? Does anyone know?) or he was despondent by the fact that she wasn't home. Maybe that was the final straw in a long line of personal failures, and it was just too much for him to handle.

I really hope I'm wrong.

The seriousness of a relationship sometimes varies wildly depending which half of the relationship you talk to. Is it possible that when AN and SK dated, he thought it was more serious than she did? Maybe he even fudged when talking to his friend in Texas about being the one to end the relationship--as kind of a way of saving face with his already-married, seemingly-successful friend.

I think he went to see if AN was interested in starting the relationship up again. Either he was told that she was dating someone else (Is she? Does anyone know?) or he was despondent by the fact that she wasn't home. Maybe that was the final straw in a long line of personal failures, and it was just too much for him to handle.

I really hope I'm wrong.
bbm
Then this " he seemed to be dating often" . I wonder also how much was fudged to make it look good. This post by his friend has made me think a little differently.

Thanks to everyone for putting their heads together!

I've moved the Ruby Valley visit to Dec 10th -- and now, there's a logical sequence for the receipts.

Take and look -- and if you have more ideas, PLEASE mention them.

I don't understand changing this info upon speculation and what if's.....we don't have facts. Even the bank receipts can't truly verifiy the dates and times w/o further details from the EFT reports from the bank. Originally the 8th, then the 9th, and now the 10th. Boy, if I were LE, this would be a neon red flag. JMO

So does AN pretty sure about the 9th, or is possible that it was another day?

From what she said, it's entirely possible.

Both mothers were using the info they had, BUT (evidently) no one knew that Steven had been to the temple on the 9th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member