WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Intrigued - I can't grasp the gang theories either. Too many pieces add up to someone who knew her, RE/construction connection, etc.

Also, the keys are a huge deal in my mind too. LE said they could not find her phone, debit or gas card...but never mentioned her keys. They did not say whether the footprints were hers or not, they did not say which tower the last ping came from...Could she possibly have driven her own car there?? And if they found footprints, would someone else have parked the car on the pavement or on the dirt if they didn't want to leave any trace of themselves? Hmm...

I have a question.

On Mackenzie's myspace, she wrote "M + J."

Who is the J?

Considering the rumor of an affair with her mother's boyfriend, could it be him? Is it possible that her mother saw that, and maybe it confirmed a suspicion she had about MC and JF?

The rumor about excessive injuries to M's face: When M was younger, she had surgeries to repair lower face deformities. I'm sure those surgeries cost a lot of money. I won't continue with this line of thought until I read more at this forum.

I'm sorry guys, I just don't buy the gang related theories myself. I feel this was done by someone who once cared deeply for her.

Totally agree. I don't believe this is gang related at all.... For several reasons. I also think it was done by adults. I'm not sure I believe another teenager could pull all of this off.... possibly with the help of an adult, but not on their own.

I have thought about the middle of the night 911 calls... I agree that possibly WC was calling and was threatened... but again, not by gangs.

I have a question.

Who is the J?

Considering the rumor of an affair with her mother's boyfriend, could it be him? Is it possible that her mother saw that, and maybe it confirmed a suspicion she had about MC and JF?

The rumor about excessive injuries to M's face: When M was younger, she had surgeries to repair lower face deformities. I'm sure those surgeries cost a lot of money. I won't continue with this line of thought until I read more at this forum.

I also was told that Mackenzie's boyfriend, who was sitting in the front row at the memorial service, has the first name initial J so most likely she was talking about him on her myspace.

Moonsabove, I am unsure of what, if any, connection they may have to the case but it has been rumored that they worked construction and that they have a connection with JF, possibly worked for him. It has been rumored that they may have helped move the body and the timing of their arrests are a little ineresting, as in, maybe LE is holding them while LE waits for DNA results. again, as far as I know this is purely speculation. P.S. I have knowledge from someone who knows one of them personally and says that they think he is capable of being involved.
hope you found it...

I also was told that Mackenzie's boyfriend, who was sitting in the front row at the memorial service, has the first name initial J so most likely she was talking about him on her myspace.

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that he was visible in some of the pics from Mackenzie's memorial service. Sitting right next to Mackenzie's dad's fiancee.

Speaking of the possibility of gang involvement, a gang would not do this unless they had a very good reason to- they wouldn't do it for jealousy- but they would do it if MC wronged one of them in some way. Putting someone in jail, etc. Does anyone know any more information about if this could be possible? Did any of her ex boyfriends have gang affiliations?

I personally don't think gangs were involved either, but it would be good to completely wipe out this idea if we could.

I'm new to this site and also a local, living in Wenatchee my entire life. I believe if it was gang related, our LE wouldn't be holding their cards so close to their vest. I believe, like many of you, something more sinister happened to Mac.

My opinions on WC...She knows what happened. She may not know EVERYTHING, such as the final condition of her body. Just too many things add up for her not to have any involvement.

I totally agree with you, sm123.

I have a question.

Who is the J?

The J refers to her boyfriend of 18 months, and from his MS status updates and her comments to him, it seems to me that they were both very much in love with each other.

Since someone had mentioned the fact that the killer could be posting on here or reading, don't you think that if they were a POI, the LE would confisgate their computers? I would think that if they found they were on here, that would look very suspicious...

Speaking of the possibility of gang involvement, a gang would not do this unless they had a very good reason to- they wouldn't do it for jealousy- but they would do it if MC wronged one of them in some way. Putting someone in jail, etc. Does anyone know any more information about if this could be possible? Did any of her ex boyfriends have gang affiliations?

I personally don't think gangs were involved either, but it would be good to completely wipe out this idea if we could.

As I walk a fine line between gang theory/loved one theory I keep coming back to the fact that the alleged crime scenes are in places that are all linked (coincidentally or not) to her family. If they truly are finding evidence at these said locations, how would the gang related crime come into play? How would they possibly have enough knowledge or nerve to be in those places, not knowing if they would be seen.
HOWEVER, from the get go, I HEARD (from a pretty reliable source) that she was doing a bit of a drug exchange at the park. (remember she told her aunt she was "meeting" someone outside.) Could have that alloted for the time that was missing between beauty school and dock? (possibly she was picking up drugs to then sell at the dock.) Maybe the dock exchange and the crime were too separate instances that are confusing the police because there is no clear cut explanation. If this is the case, people could potentially be hesitant to come forward and admit the reasoning.
Not sure how my thoughts just covered the entire spectrum. I blame it on the diet coke.

Here's a thought I had about the keys..... If MC went for a ride with someone from the boat launch then she would have locked her car and taken her keys. They would be with her---then the killer(s) would have had to taken her keys away from her and drove the car up to PC. That being said don't all major intersections have camaras? So I would imagine the LE have looked at them on that day and been able to see her car going up to PC and possibley got an possible ID???? and what would be the need for her keys any longer?? why not wipe off fingerprints and leave keys in car?? unless they (killer/s) needed the keys still..say for example key to spec house? ( if she possesed such key) Or MC drove her car up there herself locked the car and took her keys. and if she drove herself up there then again, she would have had to pass through major interections and DOT could have picked up her car on camara. so my guess is... she did not drive herself up there and thats wy LE was doing so much asking about those two roads coming out of canyon, not that I think someone walked out.. Just thinking... By the way... I to am a local.

My heart and prayers go out to MC's bf, this is one hurting young man. It broke my heart to read his plea for anyone knowing anything about her whereabouts to please call him or LE.

I was referring to the long list on the Washington courts website. I was told that whenever it says Superior, that means a felony was involved. That could be totally wrong. Maybe there is someone else who knows how to identify what cases are better than me??

If it says Superior Court it can also mean other things to do with civil litigation. If under his name is Judgment Debtor that means a judgment has been filed against him, which is not criminal. If it says Respondent or Petitioner then it is Domestic Law (divorce, custody). If it says Defendant then it could be criminal. If JF's middle initial is B then it looks like he has about 36 matters involving District and Superior Court matters from 1992 to present.

If I remember correctly it was mentioned in the WW dogs were brought when the car was discovered and they lost the scent at the pavement

My heart and prayers go out to MC's bf, this is one hurting young man. It broke my heart to read his plea for anyone knowing anything about her whereabouts to please call him or LE.

Where did you find this plea- do you have a link?
At first I thought he might be involved but now I don't think so at all. In fact, not only is he dealing with the death of his girlfriend, the gruesome murder I should say, but he also may be uncovering some secrets about her that are hard to accept. (having an affair, drugs, etc.) So, I feel for him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
astridAnthony