SL Tribune Article with Steven P. and Susan website created by Josh

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-...owells-children-ages-5-and-3-experts-weigh-in

Examiner.com spoke with two legal experts, Attorney and Legal Analyst, Anne Bremner, and Family Law Attorney, Juliana Wong, of Stafford Frey Cooper in Seattle regarding the Susan Cox Powell case. Attorneys Bremner and Wong have agreed to provide their expert opinion.

"The paramount concern for any court is the well-being of the children - physically, mentally and emotionally. Here, in this case," Bremner and Wong said, "it is necessary to investigate what is occurring in the home and whether the children are being cared for properly."

The problem is there has to be a case filed with the court for the judge to appoint an investigator to discover what is occurring in the home. This is only done when there is a family law action filed by either parent to modify or establish custody or visitation or children's services has been called who conducts an investigation which leads to findings resulting in the children being placed in temporary foster care. (Of course there are other reasons. But, the court can't just out of the blue order an investigation unless a case has been filed either by an individual(s) or a government agency.

Has anyone called children's services to conduct a welfare check on the boys? Perhaps this is in order. However, unless the boys are willing to state that they are being physically abused, any allegations would be determined to be unfounded. So, I don't see that calling children's services would accomplish anything.

Children's services are REQUIRED by law to investigate each report they receive. HINT! HINT! HINT!

Josh’s Education

Josh earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his college years he received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna *advertiser censored* Laude, and repeated placement on the President’s List. He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama productions, and writing for the campus newspaper.
Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20061101184809/www.joshpowellrealtor.com/about/AboutJoshPowell.aspx

I would sure like to find out what college he attended and if all this is even true! If he was so smart, why is he such a failure? Could it be because he is bipolar? Spending 80 grand on Josh Powell Realtor refrigerator magnets sure sounds like something a manic depressant aka bipolar person would do, doesn't it!?

Dude, your site looks like it's ten years old. Your wife was a stock broker, not a hairdresser. Maybe this was the truth about her before the boys were born, but now it's a lie. It's a lie by the omission. Don't you see that slanting things by leaving things out is still lying? When you leave a lot of key things out, of course people are figuring you're a liar. And a murderer.

It looks like you've spent a bunch more money on toys for yourself with that snow photo, too. Either that's a remote wireless controller in your hand or that fire is photoshopped. It makes you look bad, dude.

Although the article stated he went to college and received a Bachelor's degree in Business Admin the article did not state the college. That seems odd. Maybe he did not graduate!!
It seems to me the experts are calling it like it is in regard to the boys. The more lawyers, social workers, etc. who step up to the plate declaring this is a situation where the children need to see their grandparents then it is more likely to happen. Josh is trying his hardest to keep them away from their grandparents, unless they go to his father's house.
it surely makes him look as if he has something to hide
His days are numbered

Although the article stated he went to college and received a Bachelor's degree in Business Admin the article did not state the college. That seems odd. Maybe he did not graduate!!
It seems to me the experts are calling it like it is in regard to the boys. The more lawyers, social workers, etc. who step up to the plate declaring this is a situation where the children need to see their grandparents then it is more likely to happen. Josh is trying his hardest to keep them away from their grandparents, unless they go to his father's house.
it surely makes him look as if he has something to hide
His days are numbered

You are right! However, we have to realize that Joshua Powell has NO legal obligation to allow the Cox's or anyone else to see Charlie and Braden. The State of Washington does not have any laws put into effect concerning grandparent's rights. In fact, he does NOT have to allow a police officer or social worker access to the children!

Sure, we can all judge his decision to not allow unsupervised visits between the Cox's and Susan's children as being suspicious, selfish, despicable and outrageous. However, Josh is fully within his legal rights to deny contact.

Therefore, the Washington courts have absolutely no jurisdiction over Josh Powell when it comes to who Josh Powell does not allow to see Charlie and Braden nor can they force him to allow contact between the children and any other person except Susan Powell, Charlie and Braden's mother. However, the court could order Josh Powell to NOT allow contact between the minor children and any person they determined to be unsuitable for the children to be around.

If the Cox's were able to PROVE that Steve Powell is a pervert, the court could issue a family law restraining order stipulating that there is to be no contact between the minor children and Steve Powell. (I've read comments where Jennifer Graves implied there was a concern about Steve Powell but can't remember where I read it.) If Jennifer Graves has information concerning inappropriate sexual conduct on the part of her father, it is HIGH time she talks to the West Valley City Police Department and the Puyallup Police Department to inform them about what she knows! Her doing so could result in an investigation into Steve Powell which may be the answer to this delima!

It is only when allegations of ABUSE, usually physical or sexual and generally not emotional, can be proven in a court of law that Josh Powell's parental rights can be revoked or suspended. Even if that were to happen, Josh Powell has the right to make suggestions to the court and children's services as to who he wants the boy's custodians/guardians to be. In fact, if he has had the foresight to file guardianship papers with the court appointing a particular person as such, and the court has granted the motion, then the boys would automatically be handed over to this person should Josh be arrested or deemed an unfit parent who should not have full physical/full legal custody of the boys.

He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama productions, and writing for the campus newspaper.

The only SKILL he has maintained is DRAMA PRODUCTION: *Sniff* *Sniff* *Sniff* *Sniff* *Sniff* *Sniff*

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g22cLR_YwDU[/ame]

Mute the volume and watch this video then comment on what you notice!

Without the volume on he doesn't seem nearly as upset, as though his facial expressions don't match with his voice, that his facial expressions change dramatically as though he doesn't quite know how he should be acting.
I notice his fake, quivering voice suddenly changes to a strong, assured voice at particular points.
He has a hard time looking at the reporter when he says, "My boys love her."
I notice when he says, "I just miss her and I love her," he can't look the reporter in the eye.
I also notice his entire countenance changes after a brief amount of time because he forgets about trying to look like he is really unhappy.
I notice he acts just like little kids do when they are mimicking someone being a "cry baby".
I notice he shakes his head "no" while making various claims and only shakes his head "yes" when he's about to go into the house and says, "They're doing OK", when asked about how the boys are doing.

Pickie Chickie
Thanks
I did not realize that about the grandparents. Is this case that is really too bad. My take on it was the kids would have more balance in their lives regarding their mother and what a great parent she was from everyone we have heard.
Imagine how heartbreaking that is to Susan's parents. This case is just so wrong. On this thread I realize how many people are aware of what happened to Susan in our minds and I think we are all pretty much on the same page so to speak. And I think we are 100% right in our assessment of Josh. As a teacher, I am always concerned about the kids and what the families are like. If there is violence and screaming and yelling at each other it really hurts the kids. Also I think Josh is a P.D. My colleagues and I call men who "put down" their wives a put downner and we don't like it!!!

Josh’s Education

Josh earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his college years he received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna *advertiser censored* Laude, and repeated placement on the President’s List. He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama productions, and writing for the campus newspaper.
Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20061101184809/www.joshpowellrealtor.com/about/AboutJoshPowell.aspx

I would sure like to find out what college he attended and if all this is even true! If he was so smart, why is he such a failure? Could it be because he is bipolar? Spending 80 grand on Josh Powell Realtor refrigerator magnets sure sounds like something a manic depressant aka bipolar person would do, doesn't it!?

You know he did this without Susan's OK. I would have handed him his walking papers then...no doubt. Whatever psyche problems he may have......this was just plain dumba$$ or thinking with the head and 'marshmellows' below his belt. He apparently was thinking of a way to "scam" the marketing promo, somehow, from past articles. I know a commenter on a very early article once stated what a schyster he was.

Just a thought, but didn't he have a motorcycle? Or was that the *motorized bicycle?

My observations about Josh Powell's web site http://susanpowell.org

1.) None of Susan's missing posters are displayed;

2.) Descriptive information about Susan Powell is not provided such as height, weight, hair color/length, age, distinguishing marks, jewelry, etc.;

3.) On the home page, the largest font is used for SusanPowell.org and the tiniest font is used to request viewers to contact the West Valley Police Department;

4.) There are no links to media, photo galleries, videos, etc. which would help to inform a visitor about the circumstances of Susan's disappearance;

5.) There is no timeline of events or reference to any efforts made to find Susan Powell;

6.) Visitors are not given suggestions as to what they can do to help find Susan Powell;

7.) The photos are few and the quality of the images is extremely poor;

8.) There is no way to contact the webmaster;

9.) There are no links on this website to Friends and Family of Susan Powell, the West Valley City Police Department, downloadable Susan Powell missing fliers or the SusanPowellCoxFoundation.org site;

10.) The wordage on the site is in present tense as if Susan is not missing and Josh is presently enjoying "taking Susan out and watching movies together";

11.) This web page wants visitors to believe this site is the only source of new photos, videos and Susan's words yet countless other people possess photos and videos of Susan Powell including Judy and Chuck Cox;

12.) The site states: "These sweet boys will need your support both in terms of prayers and in terms of any other support you would like to offer" yet does not provide any suggestions as to ways interested parties can offer "any other support" by providing suggestions like passing out fliers, etc.

13.) The site states: "They regularly play with their friends. And they get lots of personal attention to their education and other needs" which was designed to lead readers to believe the boys needs are being fulfilled. Why is it the boys can play with "friends" who they have just met, if in fact this is indeed a true statement, but are NOT allowed to play with their relatives such as Grandma and Granpa Cox and their cousins?

14.) "Her favorite hobby is to socialize with friends. She holds nothing back when socializing with friends." I didn't realize socializing with friends is a hobby. I thought hobbies were things like photography, gardening, cooking, knitting, stamp collecting, etc. This should have said, "Susan's favorite thing to do is socialize with her friends above and beyond spending time with her husband Josh Powell and her children, Charlie and Braden." This statement has a hidden meaning whether the composer realized this or not!

15.) This web site is a pathetic attempt to make Josh Powell look like he is the best, smartest, most talented, loving, kind, appreciative, supportive, educated, capable, normal husband and father when in fact his actions prove the opposite to be true.

16.) The site states: "Most of all, we would like this site to be uplifting." Friends and Family of Susan Powell Facebook group states the same thing. Is this a mocking statement? What would be uplifting to me would be if this site was an attempt to get important information about The Disappearance of Susan Powell out to the public, something this site has failed miserably at! Who is uplifted by Josh Powell's boasting about what a wonderful guy he is? Certainly not me! Who gives a flying rat's *advertiser censored* that he has a Quick Books certificate? What does that have to do with The Disappearance of Susan Powell? What does Josh's claim that he is a master carpenter have to do with anything? WHO CARES? I sure don't and I don't think anyone but he truly cares!

17.) This site states: "Please remember that we need your help in finding Susan." This is an UNDERSTATEMENT! Josh Powell has done NOTHING to find his missing wife. Apparently he expects everyone else to do HIS JOB! I find it PATHETIC he is REMINDING the site viewers he needs help in finding Susan. He sure can remember he needs to ask people to help find Susan but can't remember to look for her himself! And, I find it VILE that his father and mother and siblings, other than Jennifer Graves, have done NOTHING to help find Susan Powell! Yes, I wrote VILE: Disgusting, repulsive, sickening, etc. They all make me ILL!

18.) This site states: "She can produce any look or style desired. She can even do her own hair and frequently does." Is Josh trying to suggest that Susan can easily change her appearance and this is why she hasn't been found?

19.) This site states: "Susan attended Gene Juarez Academy in Washington state. With scholarships and support from her parents, Chuck and Judy Cox, her full tuition was paid." I sense resentment here. Is Josh saying, "Susan was so spoiled that her parents paid whatever tuition was not covered by her scholarship, unlike me who had to take out a bank loan"? Doesn't this man know that thousands of people are aware he filed for bankruptcy and RIPPED of the lending institutes who so generously lent him money to attend college? GIVE ME A BREAK! He wants people to think he had to pay for his college education, unlike Susan who had her fees and tuition handed to her on a silver platter. (More resentment?)

20.) The photos of Susan make her look like she was a homely, plain woman when in fact she was stunningly beautiful. Why would Josh post the most unattractive photos of Susan when he has thousands of photos of her? (I say thousands because there are freeware programs that will extract images from videos.) Did Josh resent it when Susan got all dressed up to go out in public? Was he saying, "You all think she is so pretty? Well, this is what I had to look at most of the time when she was at home?" Why would he DELIBERATELY post the photo of Susan with the foil in her hair rather than a more attractive photo? All of us who DESPISE JP for the CREEP he is would JUMP at the opportunity to post photos of him which make him look exceptionally ugly because of how we feel about him. IS THIS WHY JOSH POSTED THE UNATTRACTIVE PHOTOS OF SUSAN? I say the answer is a big, huge YES!

21.) The site says: "Many people would offer tips and they would usually reimburse her for products they used." Is Josh hinting at the fact that Susan was earning money as an unlicensed cosmetologist in an attempt to make her look like she was illegally earning money under the table? I sense feelings of resent when he wrote "they would usually reimburse her for products they used" and Susan never held back when it came to purchases at the beauty supply". Since Josh was in charge of Susan's spending, I have to wonder how she was able to purchase products at the beauty store and am suspecting she had to get the money to buy the products from her "clients" to buy the products! I really can't see Josh allowing her to freely spend or being "always been happy to support Susan's efforts in any way he could" when he wouldn't allow her to buy fruits and vegetables or new shoes for the boys. This sounds like a bunch of BULL if you ask me! I suspect there were many arguments about the money Susan wanted to spend at the beauty supply! In fact, I would suspect many of Susan's friends have stories to tell about how Susan couldn't do their hair because Josh wouldn't let her buy the products she needed!

22.) The site says: "During most of 2009, Josh was working on construction projects around the home and with the children. Josh planned to continue working until Susan's salon and the basement were finished." For a whole year Josh was working on construction projects around the home? WHAT CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS? Hello? If he really wanted Susan to have a beauty salon in the basement, a whole year would have been plenty to complete the project! Give me a fricking break! The house was a NEW house! It's not like they were living in a fixer upper!

23.) The site says: "And as an expert woodworker, Josh was also working with Susan on plans to build a classy styling station for Susan - a station complete with lights, plumbing, and all the features a cosmotologist would want." For the money he spent on a bicycle motor ($1,500.00), he could have bought all the wood, plumbing and electrical supplies he needed. GIVE ME A BREAK! If he wanted to build this classy styling station for Susan, he would have had it done several years ago! Yet another attempt to make him look good but I am not buying this BS! Are you? Did he expect Susan to work as a stock broker all week then be a hair stylist in the evenings and during the weekend? If he really wanted Susan to be able to stay home with her children, he would have had that basement done years ago! He was just too lazy to do the work!

24.) In respect to turning the basement into a classy hair salon, Josh wrote:
"Most of these plans have been put on hold for the time being." If this FREAK really thought Susan was just lost and was coming home, he would have stayed in their West Valley City home, finished that project with the help of his ward friends, hunted night and day for a new job, etc. How about telling the truth here Josh? All you do is come up with manic ideas that you never follow through with?

To be continued tomorrow.

You know he did this without Susan's OK. I would have handed him his walking papers then...no doubt. Whatever psyche problems he may have......this was just plain dumba$$ or thinking with the head and 'marshmellows' below his belt. He apparently was thinking of a way to "scam" the marketing promo, somehow, from past articles. I know a commenter on a very early article once stated what a schyster he was.

Just a thought, but didn't he have a motorcycle? Or was that the *motorized bicycle?

He spent $1,500.00 on a bicycle motor! How stupid was that? He could have bought a scooter for that price! This is just another example of how the guy acts on manic impulses rather than thinking things through in a rational way!

It's one of these MANIC episodes that brought about Susan's demise, I am certain! I would not be surprised to hear he had major mood swings, that he'd go on crazy spending sprees and would go several days without sleeping.

Pickie Chickie
Yikes, you didn't miss a trick... If Josh reads here he must be wondering if you are in LE. Good for you for pointing out all the inconsistencies and giving us your input on Josh. I have to hand it to you....I don't think he is bright, conniving, yes; smart no, so he will eventually answer for what he did. I bet LE is checking here and getting information that will help know what happened to Susan. Every little piece helps and then the pieces will come together. this is my opinion, hope I am right.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-3-month-anniversary-missing-susan-powell,0,1835567.story

WEST VALLEY CITY - Friends of missing West Valley mom, Susan Powell, gathered Saturday night for a candle light vigil. It has been three months since the disappearance of Susan Powell. "God has a plan for Susan, please keep praying for her, thank you," Josh Powell's sister, Jenn Graves said. Susan's husband Josh Powell launched his own web site a few days before the Saturday's vigil but few friends say his web site has very little to do with his wife's disappearance.

"If he really wanted to help online, he should have said what she was wearing, what they did during their last hours together, listed her vital statistics, he's done nothing like that," Kirsii Helewell said.

West Valley police detectives say nothing dramatic has changed but they continue working on leads and remain confident of a successful conclusion.

video is also on the link

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=460&sid=9923389&pid=0

slide show photos from vigil

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9923389 video and story about vigil

WEST VALLEY CITY -- It's been three months since Susan Powell disappeared, but her family wants to make sure she is not forgotten.

Saturday night, family and friends held a special candlelight vigil to mark the three month anniversary of the disappearance of the West Valley City mother of two.

The family thanked all those involved in searching for Susan and asked everyone to not give up hope.

"Life brings us many trials, but I find great peace knowing that God has a plan and no man can thwart God's plan," said Jennifer Graves, Susan's sister-in-law. "God has a plan for Susan. Please keep praying for her."

Susan's friend Kiirsi Hellewell reminded those in attendance of the void Susan's disappearance has left in the lives of those who love her.

"We want her back. We are heartbroken and we are suffering," she said.

Vigil attendees played Susan's favorite song and held a moment of silence. The Utah vigil corresponds with one Susan's immediate family held in Washington state.

Susan hasn't been seen since Dec. 6. So far, her husband Josh has been the only person of interest named in the case.

Susan's family has claimed Josh was physically and emotionally abusive toward Susan. They say Susan planned to leave Josh by April 6, the couple's wedding anniversary, if the abuse didn't stop.

A small group of participants at the West Valley City vigil sang one of Powell's favorite songs, "Hold On," by Michael McLean. A telephone message Powell left for her mother, Judy Cox, also was played on loudspeakers.

Powell is heard singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" with her 5-year-old son Charlie, while 3-year-old Braden chattered in the background. Powell ends the message by wishing her mother a good day.

The message, also played in Puyallup, was heart-wrenching for many in the crowd.

"Hope you are having a good day," Chuck Cox repeated. "That's Susan. Always there, helping her children."

It seems that Josh would have been a popular man on campus -involved in drama, public speaking, school newspaper--I wonder where all the other classmates are now? Who remembers him from their college days? It would seem to be unusual if Josh wasn't involved in similar activities in his high school. It would probably be easier to know by his age, and where his family lived where he probably went to high school. Does any of his high school classmates remember him? Who did he date before he met Susan? I wonder what they have to say about his personality and interests?

He is older than Susan. I suspect he must have dated other women before he met Susan. If he truly was as outgoing in school as he claims to have been - he probably did have an active dating life as well.

PickieChickie said:
<< respectfully snipped >>

If Jennifer Graves has information concerning inappropriate sexual conduct on the part of her father, it is HIGH time she talks to the West Valley City Police Department and the Puyallup Police Department to inform them about what she knows! Her doing so could result in an investigation into Steve Powell which may be the answer to this delima!

It is only when allegations of ABUSE, usually physical or sexual and generally not emotional, can be proven in a court of law that Josh Powell's parental rights can be revoked or suspended. Even if that were to happen, Josh Powell has the right to make suggestions to the court and children's services as to who he wants the boy's custodians/guardians to be. In fact, if he has had the foresight to file guardianship papers with the court appointing a particular person as such, and the court has granted the motion, then the boys would automatically be handed over to this person should Josh be arrested or deemed an unfit parent who should not have full physical/full legal custody of the boys.

(bbm)
I don't think that's necessarily true, Pickie. If Child Protective Services has a good reason to believe the children are in danger for any reason, the boys can be removed from Josh's custody immediately. THEN the formal investigation begins.

If Josh had already initiated guardianship papers they would be given careful consideration by the courts but the guardianship requests are NOT the binding-last-word which would govern the emergency placement of the children.

One can bequeath-away one's piano - or diamond ring - or bank account, but one CANNOT bestow one's children to whomever one chooses. Fortunately, the last word in determining where a child will live is always made by the courts in the BEST INTEREST of the child -- after lengthy and comprehensive multiple investigations.

I cannot imagine that Josh would want the boys in the custody of anyone EXCEPT the Puyallup Powells. Under the extremely suspicious circumstances of possible conspiracy to murder - obstruction of justice - accessory after the fact - or whatever -- no rational judge would automatically allow the boys to remain with the Powell clan. It's lucky for the boys that this case is so high-profile!

Josh can draw up as many guardianship papers as he wants. It won't do him a bit of good. Fortunately our courts will make the legal decisions regarding Charlie and Braden ostensibly only for THEIR best interests.

I do heartily agree that NOW is the time for Terrica, Jennifer, Kirk and whoever else knows the facts -- to immediately start talking to Washington's Child Protective Services.

We already know that in addition to the competition of extremely controlling personalities in the Powell domicile, AT LEAST ONE of the family members suffers from a diagnosed mental illness. Bipolar disorder can be dangerous IF the medicine that stabilizes it is not regularly taken.

It's not ONLY the one diagnosed bipolar person in that household who could possibly jeopardize the children. Someone who hauls sleeping toddlers out of their warm beds in the middle of the night during a subfreezing snow storm to go camping in the desert wilderness is not anyone's example of rational, sane caregiver.

Who in their right mind would readily admit to such insane behavior? On the other hand, I guess it was less incriminating than admitting to a body-dumping-run, wasn't it?

imho

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$
Back