SL Tribune Article with Steven P. and Susan website created by Josh

PickieChickie - on your #14 on your list about Susan "doesn't hold back" phrasing - it is interesting that the writer uses the phrase "never held back" when it came to beauty supply and "holds nothing back" when socializing with friends. The same term is never used with Josh. Josh "loves to socialize", he is "totally committed"; but never once is the phrase "holds nothing back" used. It strange that a writer who would use the phrase in describing Susan, not use the same expression about Josh. Is the writer exposing Josh's resentments? Is he suggesting she had poor boundaries?

(I think it was #23) plans to put in lights, electricity, plumbing... everything a cosmetologist would "want". So these were "wants" for her business, but his magnets on a phone book was a need for his business?

Josh’s Education

Josh earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his college years he received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna *advertiser censored* Laude, and repeated placement on the President’s List. He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama productions, and writing for the campus newspaper.
Source: http://web.archive.org/web/20061101184809/www.joshpowellrealtor.com/about/AboutJoshPowell.aspx

I would sure like to find out what college he attended and if all this is even true! If he was so smart, why is he such a failure? Could it be because he is bipolar? Spending 80 grand on Josh Powell Realtor refrigerator magnets sure sounds like something a manic depressant aka bipolar person would do, doesn't it!?

(bbm)
Sure, he could be bipolar - but IMO, especially when evaluating Big-Daddy-Steven, it's just as likely Josh is a narcissistic sociopath - or at the very least has borderline personality disorder. The whole family, sans Jennifer, seems nuts!

Josh is such a pathological LIAR I don't believe anything he says!

Did you read on his Real Estate Site how he goes on and on about his 12 years of Real Estate experience -- how he was one of the best, most experienced Real Estate salesmen in the SLC area?

Kirk Graves recently stated, (paraphrased) "Yeah, Josh worked at Real Estate for a while. He sold TWO or THREE houses before he gave it up."

Could someone please tell me how someone who sells two or three houses could be considered anything but a very inexperienced newby in the Real Estate Profession?

Who do you know who brags about their membership in a scholastic fraternity, Phi Theta Kappa -- and graduates from college with the highest honors, Magna *advertiser censored* Laude -- but never mentions the name of their Alma Mater?

As far as I know, the State of Washington doesn't have any Podunk Universities worthy only of scorn. I lived and taught public school in the State for 5 years while my husband was in grad school at the U of W.

As far as I have seen, Josh LIES about everything. I assume he's also LYING about his exceptionally successful college career.

He was 25 years old when he met 18 year old Susan. He should have been finished with college and established in a career. Remember, that was 2001 - 2002. Our economy was booming back then compared to now.

Since moving to Utah Josh's claims to fame have been selling two or three houses -- making four or five basic websites, SteveChantrey.com - Michael Powell's Political Site - Josh's RE Site - and ONE Cinco de Mayo PAYING Site.

His most successful accomplishment in 9 years of marriage seems to be holding the Trucking Company computer job for a whole year and a half. WHOOPEE! :mad:

It seems that Josh would have been a popular man on campus -involved in drama, public speaking, school newspaper--I wonder where all the other classmates are now? Who remembers him from their college days? It would seem to be unusual if Josh wasn't involved in similar activities in his high school. It would probably be easier to know by his age, and where his family lived where he probably went to high school. Does any of his high school classmates remember him? Who did he date before he met Susan? I wonder what they have to say about his personality and interests?

He is older than Susan. I suspect he must have dated other women before he met Susan. If he truly was as outgoing in school as he claims to have been - he probably did have an active dating life as well.

And if he's so damn smart, how come no scholarships for college?

(bbm)
Sure, he could be bipolar - but IMO, especially when evaluating Big-Daddy-Steven, it's just as likely Josh is a narcissistic sociopath - or at the very least has borderline personality disorder. The whole family, sans Jennifer, seems nuts!

Did you read on his Real Estate Site how he goes on and on about his 12 years of Real Estate experience -- how he was one of the best, most experienced Real Estate salesmen in the SLC area?

Kirk Graves recently stated, (paraphrased) "Yeah, Josh worked at Real Estate for a while. He sold TWO or THREE houses before he gave it up."

Could someone please tell me how someone who sells two or three houses could be considered anything but a very inexperienced newby in the Real Estate Profession?

Who do you know who brags about their membership in a scholastic fraternity, Phi Theta Kappa -- and graduates from college with the highest honors, Magna *advertiser censored* Laude -- but never mentions the name of their Alma Mater?

As far as I know, the State of Washington doesn't have any Podunk Universities worthy only of scorn. I lived and taught public school in the State for 5 years while my husband was in grad school at the U of W.

As far as I have seen, Josh LIES about everything. I assume he's also LYING about his exceptionally successful college career.

He was 25 years old when he met 18 year old Susan. He should have been finished with college and established in a career. Remember, that was 2001 - 2002. Our economy was booming back then compared to now.

Since moving to Utah Josh's claims to fame have been selling two or three houses -- making four or five basic websites, SteveChantrey.com - Michael Powell's Political Site - Josh's RE Site - and ONE Cinco de Mayo PAYING Site.

His most successful accomplishment in 9 years of marriage seems to be holding the Trucking Company computer job for a whole year and a half. WHOOPEE! :mad:

Speaking of mental illness, check this out:

Are You A Prospective Parliamentary Candidate?
You have the opportunity to represent thousands of constituents following the 2010 General Election.
1 in 4 of these will experience a mental illness at some point in their lives, and 1 in 50 a severe mental illness like schizophrenia or bipolar disorder. In the average constituency, that’s around 16,000 people.
We have listed below all the constituencies where a candidate has pledged their support for our campaign.

Pontypridd: Mr Michael Powell, Liberal Democrat
Source: http://dawnwillis.wordpress.com/201...-mental-health-remains-a-government-priority/

Has anyone heard which college he attended and we don't even know if he indeed did graduate. I don't believe a word he says. I think tho, because he does not tell the truth and is being coached, no doubt, by dad, he is going to dig a hole for himself. It 's just a question of time. I am waiting for LE to make a move.The sooner the better.

Has anyone heard which college he attended and we don't even know if he indeed did graduate. I don't believe a word he says. I think tho, because he does not tell the truth and is being coached, no doubt, by dad, he is going to dig a hole for himself. It 's just a question of time. I am waiting for LE to make a move.The sooner the better.

I would like to encourage Josh Powell to scan and post documents on his http://susanposell.org site to prove the various claims he's making about his college days.

IMO, Josh never went to college and if he did he most likely dropped out after a semester. That seems to be standard operating procedure for him.

In another Utah case, Mark Hacking had lied about graduating from college. He even had his mother-in-law proofread his papers (he probably bought some off of the internet). He mailed out invitations for family to attend his graduation, and then on the day of his "graduation" was too ill to attend - so nobody went. Then he claimed he was accepted into medical school and was expecting his wife to give up her job at Wells Fargo to move to NC for him to attend medical school. Lori found out about his lies about school before he killed her.

If I remember correctly, I think old articles about Josh's bankruptcy did include school loans. So that would suggest that he at least signed up to go to school somewhere.

Both Susan and Lori Hacking worked for Wells Fargo, I had not thought about that before. :(

VB

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=9050899

Court documents show the Powells filed for bankruptcy in 2007. Josh Powell listed more than $200,000 in debt dealing with credit cards, furniture and student loans -- that number is not related to their mortgage.

A mortgage is a secured loan. A bankruptcy doesn't get rid of a penny of a mortgage. If the mortgage isn't paid the mortgage company simply kicks out the defaulters and takes the home back to resell. It's the same with vehicles, I think.

Remember $80,000 of the $200,000 debt was the cost of Josh's exceedingly stoopid Real-Estate-advertising-refrigerator-magnets.

I would guess a good portion of the other debts included things like the $1,500. motor to attach to Josh's charged high-end bicycle -- the best Master Woodworking tools -- top notch computers and all the best up-to-date accessories -- new leather jackets to replace the ones that got all smoke stinky while roasting marshmallows on snowbanks -- etc., etc.

Anyone who is broke and still buys packing boxes from a moving company aint got the financial sense of a 10 year old. :loser:

I thought I read something about Josh living with his father until he and Susan married and got a small apartment near her parents. I would think that Josh resided with his father while he was in college, so the college he attended would be close to where his father was living while Josh was in school. Josh does not seem to be the kind of person who would do well on his own; I doubt he lived on campus, and probably commuted to school while he lived with his father.

When I think back to the Susan page - and he mentions that she received scholarships and her parents paid what the scholarship didn't cover, exposes his resentment that he had unpaid loans from his school. (Loans apparently that he didn't pay back if he had them on his bankruptcy). PickieChickie's comment is right on with the question why Josh didn't have scholarships? He graduated with high honors? He was involved in all of those extra curriculum activities?

Why does the writer of the Susan page mentions the name of the cosmetology school she graduated from, but not the school Josh graduated from?

Grandma to 4 - the point of putting that up was to show that there were school loans as part of his bankruptcy. On his Susan's page - it stated that her schooling had been paid for. This suggest that he did at least attend college (although it doesn't prove that he graduated)

A mortgage is a secured loan. A bankruptcy doesn't get rid of a penny of a mortgage. If the mortgage isn't paid the mortgage company simply kicks out the defaulters and takes the home back to resell. It's the same with vehicles, I think.

Remember $80,000 of the $200,000 debt was the cost of Josh's exceedingly stoopid Real-Estate-advertising-refrigerator-magnets.

I would guess a good portion of the other debts included things like the $1,500. motor to attach to Josh's charged high-end bicycle -- the best Master Woodworking tools -- top notch computers and all the best up-to-date accessories -- new leather jackets to replace the ones that got all smoke stinky while roasting marshmallows on snowbanks -- etc., etc.

Anyone who is broke and still buys packing boxes from a moving company aint got the financial sense of a 10 year old. :loser:

From Josh Powell's bankruptcy documents. (Mind you, he did not include Susan Powell as his spouse when he filed. It was Josh Powell who filed, not Susan.)

CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
District/off: 1088-2 User: dlg Page 1 of 1 Date Rcvd: Jul 12, 2007
Case: 07-21460 Form ID: rab18 Total Served: 19
The following entities were served by first class mail on Jul 14, 2007.
db +Joshua S. Powell, 6254 West Sarah Cir, Salt Lake City, UT 84128-7069
aty +Russell G. Evans, Rulon T. Burton & Assoc., 6000 South Fashion Blvd., Murray, UT 84107-5435
tr Elizabeth R. Loveridge tr, Woodbury & Kesler, 265 East 100 South, Suite 300, P.O. Box 3358,
Salt Lake City, UT 84110-3358
5727928 +Bank of America, P.O. Box 15721, Wilmington, DE 19850-5721
5727929 +Benchcraft, P.O. Box 6343, Portland, OR 97228-6343
5727931 +Chuck and Judy Cox, 14916 114th Ave. CT.E., Puyallup, WA 98374-3469
5727932 Countrywide Mortgage Customer Service, SVB-314, P.O. Box 5170, Simi Valley, CA 93062-5170
5727933 +Dex Media, 3190 South Vaughn Way, Aurora, CO 80014-3506
5727934 Direct Loans Us Dept of Education, P.O. Box 5609, Greenville, TX 75403-5609
5727935 +Global Creditors Network, c/o Scalley, Reading, Bates, 15 West South Temple #600,
Salt Lake City, UT 84101-1536
5727936 Home Depot Credit Services, P.O. Box 689100, Des Moines, IA 50368-9100
5742249 +Pnone Directories Co., PO Box 2277, Orem UT 84059-2277
5742251 +Sales Strategies Group, Inc., 7320 E. Fletcher Ave. V403, Tampa FL 33637-0916
5727937 Sam’s Club Discover, P.O. Box 981284, El Paso, TX 79998-1284
5727938 Spokane Teachers Credit Union, P.O. Box 1954, Spokane, WA 99210-1954
5727940 +US Jaclean, Inc., 1816 West, 135th Street, Gardena, CA 90249-2520
5758446 +Yellow Book Pacific, C/O RMS Bankruptcy Recovery Services, P.O.Box 5126,
Timonium, Maryland 21094-5126
5742250 +Yellow Book USA, PO Box 6448, Carol Stream IL 60197-6448
The following entities were served by electronic transmission on Jul 13, 2007.
tr EDI: QERLOVERIDGE.COM Jul 13 2007 00:04:00 Elizabeth R. Loveridge tr, Woodbury & Kesler,
265 East 100 South, Suite 300, P.O. Box 3358, Salt Lake City, UT 84110-3358
5727930 EDI: CHASE.COM Jul 13 2007 00:04:00 Chase, P.O. Box 15298, Wilmington, DE 19850-5298
TOTAL: 2
***** BYPASSED RECIPIENTS *****
NONE. TOTAL: 0
Addresses marked ’+’ were corrected by inserting the ZIP or replacing an incorrect ZIP.
USPS regulations require that automation-compatible mail display the correct ZIP.

What sort of an *advertiser censored*
includes his wife's parents
and has them served with bankruptcy documents?​

IMO, Josh never went to college and if he did he most likely dropped out after a semester. That seems to be standard operating procedure for him.

Wow, if that's what turns out to be the truth, can you imagine the audacity of his LIES? I cannot imagine anyone could LIE so brazenly on an Internet Site that he counted on to bring him future sales -- the only source of income that HE provided for his family.

Unbelievable!

Russell G. Evans, Rulon T. Burton & Assoc., 6000 South Fashion Blvd., Murray, UT 84107-5435

This is an attorney. I wonder what work this attorney did for Josh, that he did not pay for?

Elizabeth R. Loveridge tr, Woodbury & Kesler, 265 East 100 South, Suite 300, P.O. Box 3358,

This one is also an attorney

(bbm)

Evergreen State College?

Russell G. Evans, Rulon T. Burton & Assoc., 6000 South Fashion Blvd., Murray, UT 84107-5435

This is an attorney. I wonder what work this attorney did for Josh, that he did not pay for?

Elizabeth R. Loveridge tr, Woodbury & Kesler, 265 East 100 South, Suite 300, P.O. Box 3358,

If I'm not mistaken, Rulon T. Burton is a bankruptcy attorney. Woodbury and Kessler is a bankruptcy trustee.

PickieChickie said:
From Josh Powell's bankruptcy documents. (Mind you, he did not include Susan Powell as his spouse when he filed. It was Josh Powell who filed, not Susan.)

LOL, of course Josh didn't include Susan in the Bankruptcy filing. He didn't want anything negative on her record which might prevent her from being employed or financially advancing in HER JOB.

The more Susan earned the less time Josh would PRETEND to work.

PickieChickie said:
What sort of an *advertiser censored*
includes his wife's parents
and has them served with bankruptcy documents?

A narcissistic sociopathic *advertiser censored*, perhaps? :D

Evans is a bankruptcy attorney, probably did this bankruptcy. Bankruptcy attorneys get paid first. Just because a creditor is listed on the bankruptcy doesn't mean they won't get paid. Bankruptcy attorneys get paid from the debtor's assets first, then secured lenders, then unsecured lenders. Then there are always the lenders who make a deal with the debtor outside of court to "reaffirm" the loan in exchange for not having their stuff repossessed.

Also, his student loans most likely were not discharged:

"6. Are There Any Restrictions on the Kind of Debts That Can Be Discharged?
Yes. Child-support, alimony payments and past tax bills are never dischargeable. Student loans are forgiven only in rare situations. "It is possible to do it only if you can prove health problems that prevent you from working," says Robert Meyer, a bankruptcy attorney in Miami. "It's a threshold most people cannot pass." He says that in his 22 years of practicing law, he has had only one discharge of student loans — for a client diagnosed with a heart condition and a life expectancy of three to five years.

Read more: Understanding the Bankruptcy Rules at SmartMoney.com http://www.smartmoney.com/personal-finance/debt/understanding-the-bankruptcy-rules-15647/#ixzz0hWMSrfQj"

Elizabeth Loveridge is a bankruptcy trustee. It would have been her job to oversee the bankruptcy and make sure the assets, if there were any, were properly disbursed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pechi_eupa
Back