WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems many of us think WC is the #1 suspect. If she is also the #1 suspect of LE then instead of them watching the house for her protection maybe they are watching to make sure she does not skip town. Does anyone know if she is showing up for work or hiding out?

One of the “team” was walking her dog this afternoon and saw WC at the spec home. This would have been about two. She was apparently alone. Hmmm….

I SUSPECT that LE is primarily watching WC's home, not WC.

It looks like LE has affected a quasi-seizure of WC's home pending obtaining enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant. LE is also probably trying to "maintain the chain of custody" regarding any items or evidence that will be seized from the home when a search warrant is issued.

It seems many of us think WC is the #1 suspect. If she is also the #1 suspect of LE then instead of them watching the house for her protection maybe they are watching to make sure she does not skip town. Does anyone know if she is showing up for work or hiding out?

One of the “team” was walking her dog this afternoon and saw WC at the spec home. This would have been about two. She was apparently alone. Hmmm….

If your "team" was there, and WC was there, and LE was watching WC, then LE would have been there too. She wouldn't have been "alone."

It looks like LE has affected a quasi-seizure of WC's home pending obtaining enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant.

It would be absurd for LE to not be tracking the movements of someone they believe to be involved with a murder.

It looks like LE has affected a quasi-seizure of WC's home pending obtaining enough probable cause to obtain a search warrant.

Hmmm....

Now everyone thinks WC is the main suspect, but Monday I got bagged on for mentioning her and the way she acted that I didn't think was right.

Wow, LE definitely believe there is something very, very important inside WC's home.

BBM

There seems to be a discrepancy about the weather that day. Girlfawkes had posted back on the 1st thread that the day Mackenzie went missing (the 9th) was overcast.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee

I've been trying to dig up the historical weather data for that day, but so far with not much luck as to whether it was overcast, cloudy or sunny.
Oberved 2/9/2010 Wenatchee
Hi 45°F
Lo 35°F

Precip (in)
0in.

The answer is yes..but I would think that was going to come to an end when she turned 18 and/or moved out. Sounds like she already lived with Dad most of the time anyhow.

here if the child is still in school, support continues. as long as they aren't obviously away at college or university......
$$$$$ brings out the worst in people, desperate people do desperate things...

Now everyone thinks WC is the main suspect, but Monday I got bagged on for mentioning her and the way she acted that I didn't think was right.

I wasn't one of the "baggers." I find at least some of the things she did a little suspicious, even for a grieving mother.

So, why don't you tell us what your thoughts / opinions are regarding WC now?

I'd like to hear them. They probably parallel mine.

If your "team" was there, and WC was there, and LE was watching WC, then LE would have been there too. She wouldn't have been "alone."

Or...was LE still located at WC house (more important as Del Rio has eluded to) while WC was away?

Miss Maple, do you know if JF has other children from previous marriages?
I'm just interested in a head count.

I believe he had a step-daughter with MS (her daughter, not his)

Miss Maple, would you possibly know if the girl's dad's fiance has children, and how old are they if she does?

I have no knowledge of WC or RC's family.

Does anyone know if anyone has been "cleared"? Maybe Miss Maple could clear up the rumor about JF failing multiple lie detector tests...

Also, has there been any talk from WC or JF lately about this? What they think of the rumors, who they think did it, etc.

I'm not privy to any info regarding the lie detector tests. And I haven't spoken to JF or MC directly in regards to whether or not they've heard the rumors and/or who they think did it, but I can imagine (since the Valley is not very big) they'd have to live in a cave not to have heard all the rumors we have.

Does anyone know if JF is possibly a hiker?

I don't believe so.

Sorry this took me so long to reply to.

Not necessarily. Even with consent warrants may have been obtained based on probable cause, to prevent any possible defense team challenges down the road. I think they are dotting every i and crossing every t on this one. Taking absolutely NO chances.

Also, the records belong to the cell phone company.

They're not going to give up records to any LE agency just because they ask. They need to provide a warrant. It's SOP.

here if the child is still in school, support continues. as long as they aren't obviously away at college or university......
$$$$$ brings out the worst in people, desperate people do desperate things...

Plus, because a Petition to Modify Child Support was filed in February 2008, RC could ask the court to order WC to pay him child support for MC all the way through college.

Wow, LE definitely believe there is something very, very important inside WC's home.

That is assuming Makesmewonder's information is accurate.

I do not believe this is the case. I question the motives of this poster and their mysterious "team." That sets off alarm bells in my head at least.

New day new suspect!! No, really it probably depends who you were talking to at the time. Obviously people have strong thoughts about who they think is the suspect. Just keep giving your opinion!!

Or...was LE still located at WC house (more important as Del Rio has eluded to) while WC was away?

If LE was at house while WC is leaving - why wouldn't they stop her or tail her? Suppose she was leaving to dispose of evidence (say, a cell phone)? Police aren't that stupid.

IF she was at the spec house, AND the police believe said spec house was a crime scene, they'd be watching.

It may not be publicly listed, but I believe there is a "public" boat launch off Tarpiscan Road, snipped

There is also a boat launch just below the dam but that one is likely not at all public.

I can't find the post on the launches on the east side but wonder if it included the launches at Hydro park?

OOPS forgot this is above the dam.

That is assuming Makesmewonder's information is accurate.

I do not believe this is the case. I question the motives of this poster and their mysterious "team." That sets off alarm bells in my head at least.

uh...wow

If LE was at house while WC is leaving - why wouldn't they stop her or tail her? Suppose she was leaving to dispose of evidence (say, a cell phone)? Police aren't that stupid.

IF she was at the spec house, AND the police believe said spec house was a crime scene, they'd be watching.

Stop WC and do what? Search her or her car? That would open a pandora's box, because that would require an arrest--a custodial arrest. The result of that would be WC's right to constitutional speedy trial clock would start ticking immediately.

The prosecutor would then have to formerly file charges against WC, do an arraignment, and file an Affidavit of Probable Cause (which will be available for the entire public to read) delineating sufficient evidence against her to charge her with murder.

I don't think the prosecutor is ready to take that step yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark