WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow - finally got caught up. Whew! I've been working on another theory this afternoon. Here goes:

SPECULATION ONLY - MC meets up with JF at the boat launch to discuss something (drugs? blackmail? ???). She's nervous. She texts BF "Hey". He knows about the meeting, and simply responds "Hey". It's a connection with someone she has confided in and makes her feel a little more comfortable. JF gets in her car and they drive around and talk. Maybe car wash, maybe just around town. He's been working at a construction site up Squilchuck (I think someone here mentioned there's been construction going on past the PC turnoff - ?) He convinces her to drive up Squilchuck because he forgot something, or has something he needs to finish, saying it will give them more time to talk. Once there, they argue and things get out of hand because she won't back down. He becomes enraged and strangles her. His adrenaline takes over and he uses the blunt force and the knife just to make sure she's dead. He hides her and leaves in her car. He knows he can't drive her car through town and risk being seen, so he drives up PC. He calls one of the "R" brothers for a ride. He walks a distance from the car so they don't see him near it, and makes up an excuse why he's in the area or simply tells them its none of their business. He's dropped off somewhere innocuous and walks to his vehicle which is still at the boat launch. He drives back up to pick up the body and takes her to CB. On the way home (which is WC's house according to his pending divorce records) he realizes he still needs to clean up some more so stops at spec house. He has access because he has worked there.

This would make the third crime scene farther up Squilchuck.

This is all MOO!!! Feel free to pick it apart, or run with it.

Do we know for a fact that there was a duck blind? Has it been confirmed by LE?

No but what has been confirmed by LE??

I went to the CB property and I can say that there were a lot of areas where a body could have been hidden. I really wouldn't know what a duck blind is, as I don't kill animals, but I do trust del rio on this.

I tend to agree, giddyup but ...

Local news reports I saw/heard in the beginning were the "Hey, what's up?" message. I usually listen to KXLY for local news; but at that time, it may have been KHQ due to Olympic coverage. AFAIC, it's still questionable. MOO

I tend to agree, giddyup but ...

Local news reports I saw/heard in the beginning were the "Hey, what's up?" message. I usually listen to KXLY for local news; but at that time, it may have been KHQ due to Olympic coverage. AFAIC, it's still questionable. MOO

KXLY is in Spokane, though, right? Nearly equidistant from Wenatchee as Seattle is. I'm referring to the local news, in my previous post, as Wenatchee World.

No but what has been confirmed by LE??

I went to the CB property and I can say that there were a lot of areas where a body could have been hidden. I really wouldn't know what a duck blind is, as I don't kill animals, but I do trust del rio on this.

Remember, Del Rio said he built the duck blind but LE had taken all of his cut branch work as evidence....as I recall

I was incorrect, it was the day found, Feb, 13th. All the more questionable.

I wonder if the coroner determines only probable cause and time of death as a formality due to state law and has to do so as soon as a body is brought to their attention. In other words, I wonder if the death certificate was filled out before or after the autopsy and forensic exam? If this is the case, than even the COD could just be Dr. Fino's best guess based on her initial exam, and she would have been formally pronounced dead on the 13th.

Any medical professionals here in Washington that can clarify for us?

I'll do an online search, not sure what I'll be able to find.

I believe one of his (Del Rio) original statements to be that the area where MC was found "did not look that way in the fall" eluding to his "bullwork" was missing

Wow - finally got caught up. Whew! I've been working on another theory this afternoon. Here goes:

SPECULATION ONLY - MC meets up with JF at the boat launch to discuss something (drugs? blackmail? ???). She's nervous. She texts BF "Hey". He knows about the meeting, and simply responds "Hey". It's a connection with someone she has confided in and makes her feel a little more comfortable. JF gets in her car and they drive around and talk. Maybe car wash, maybe just around town. He's been working at a construction site up Squilchuck (I think someone here mentioned there's been construction going on past the PC turnoff - ?) He convinces her to drive up Squilchuck because he forgot something, or has something he needs to finish, saying it will give them more time to talk. Once there, they argue and things get out of hand because she won't back down. He becomes enraged and strangles her. His adrenaline takes over and he uses the blunt force and the knife just to make sure she's dead. He hides her and leaves in her car. He knows he can't drive her car through town and risk being seen, so he drives up PC. He calls one of the "R" brothers for a ride. He walks a distance from the car so they don't see him near it, and makes up an excuse why he's in the area or simply tells them its none of their business. He's dropped off somewhere innocuous and walks to his vehicle which is still at the boat launch. He drives back up to pick up the body and takes her to CB. On the way home (which is WC's house according to his pending divorce records) he realizes he still needs to clean up some more so stops at spec house. He has access because he has worked there.

This would make the third crime scene farther up Squilchuck.

This is all MOO!!! Feel free to pick it apart, or run with it.

Well, my very earliest speculation (even before her body was found) was that she was killed further up Squilchuck/Ridge/Heights area. PC would totally make sense if this was the case.

I wonder if the coroner determines only probable cause and time of death as a formality due to state law and has to do so as soon as a body is brought to their attention. In other words, I wonder if the death certificate was filled out before or after the autopsy and forensic exam? If this is the case, than even the COD could just be Dr. Fino's best guess based on her initial exam, and she would have been formally pronounced dead on the 13th.

Since this is public information, maybe one of you locals could go into the courts and request to see it to confirm this and let us know? Is this how it works, I'm not even sure?

WOW i can't believe the WW actually put the cause of death in there paper against the family wishes. I think the WW has gone way to far this time. Showing us the death certificate would of been more than suitable. It's really sad the girl had to go thru such a violent death. I really hope and pray they find this killer quit because you never knew if the killer is intending on hurting someone else. Whoever strangled and stabbed her never had a care in the world about life. She must of had alot of damaging information against the person or persons who did this. My heart goes out to the family. I really hope they catch this monster.

Since this is public information, maybe one of you locals could go into the courts and request to see it to confirm this and let us know? Is this how it works, I'm not even sure?

the ww said the certificate was public. i will check it for ya

Well, my very earliest speculation (even before her body was found) was that she was killed further up Squilchuck/Ridge/Heights area. PC would totally make sense if this was the case.

It could also explain the ping on her cell phone. Reception goes in and out in that area and up to the Ridge. It could have pinged when it went off or back on.

A construction site would be easy to hide evidence since there's a lot of digging, etc. anyway. He could bury blood. Plus, I heard early on that they were questioning people at construction sites. Maybe they just didn't go to the right one?

MOO!

the ww stated the last known person to talk or text her was the BF. He might seem like a nice kid but who knows how his temper is. Jealousy does make a person change. i heard before the BF did get off at 4 pm the same day he texted her. where was he after he got off work up until they found her car? and who knows if he wasn't having a second person take her without anybody knowing and keep her in a unknown location.

I don't think gangs are involved. First of all, gangs attack for good reason- or at least because the person has done something to them. The only possibility would be from the charges VD had. I also don't think gangs would go to the extent of covering things up that MC's killer has. They are usually proud of what they do and like to send the message to not mess with them.

I still think JF is involved. When you really look at all of the possibilities, he is the one that makes the most sense.

I'm still back on page three catching up, but feel compelled to comment.

Yesterday, I was pretty sure this was JF. And, I stated facts could change my mind. Well, we got some new facts today. After digesting them, hearing a few things from some co-workers and others I'm only about 50-50, on JF.

Salem has made some points about gangs and girls that corespond from some things I RUMOR heard from a couple of kids today.

Plus, there is quite a bit of conjecture that the murder did not occur at the spec house.

At this point, it really could be any number of people. So, to use a political term, take this out of the "likely JF" column and move it past "lean JF" to uncertain for me.

I still think the place that has some more answers for us is the location of the car. Why? How? Hmmm...

What if the bf was involved and had someone send the simple "Hey" text message from his phone somewhere far away from where her car was found. Maybe he had heard about phone pings and knew that if someone sent that text to her phone from his, the phone would ping far away from where her car was found.. snipped

IIRC her bf was at work until 4:00 pm.

What I am still struck with is how someone could do what we now know was done and seamlessly slip back into normal life without anyone noticing odd changes, scars, etc

the ww stated the last known person to talk or text her was the BF. He might seem like a nice kid but who knows how his temper is. Jealousy does make a person change. i heard before the BF did get off at 4 pm the same day he texted her. where was he after he got off work up until they found her car?

I was thinking the same thing at first but I just think the fact that RC liked him is so telling. I'm sure he would have noticed some kind of a temper at some point since they dated for like a year and a half and MC lived primarily with her dad, so her dad had to have known him pretty well.

We don't really know anyone's alibi at this point, do we? What was the mom, the dad, the mom's boyfriend, etc. doing around the time of her death. I'd be interested in knowing everyone's alibis, including MC's bf's!

I was thinking the same thing at first but I just think the fact that RC liked him is so telling. I'm sure he would have noticed some kind of a temper at some point since they dated for like a year and a half and MC lived primarily with her dad, so her dad had to have known him pretty well.

We don't really know anyone's alibi at this point, do we? What was the mom, the dad, the mom's boyfriend, etc. doing around the time of her death. I'd be interested in knowing everyone's alibis, including MC's bf's!

i think we will find out more once the WW puts it in the paper. it seems like they will put anything in the paper just to sell it.

While I'm not positive on this, my guess is they do put the COD on the death certificate once the findings are in. Someone I know committed suicide a few years ago and the coroner left her death certificate COD as "pending" while he waited for all the tox reports to come back so he could rule it suicide or accidental overdose. Once he made his conclusion and was done with his findings, he amended the death certificate. I have also seen this in probate court filings - they need to get the probate filed in the courts, which requires a death certificate, so I'm sure if there was going to be a long duration of time between the findings of the cause of death, they'll just reissue the proper death certificate at a later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cellarman