Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, and I’m suspicious of mom don’t get me wrong, but now I think she didn’t know about the sexual abuse - if she knew I don’t think she would have asked to see the photo. I don’t think she would have invited the scrutiny of her response/reaction to seeing a photo of her daughter in a lewd situation with her boyfriend. MOO.
I get it but where does responsibility for your child and common sense take place? We have a responsibility to keep our children safe, not feed them to predators. It’s like the parents who are arrested bc their 3 year old is wandering the streets at night… for child endangerment. Maybe they didn’t intend for them to wander but they were not taking normal precautions or noticing their absence? I don’t know

I don't think many of us are surprised by the information extracted in this interview. I think it's very possible JS, from the get go, when she entered into a relationship with this monster, figured out pretty quickly that the interest SS had in her was related to his access to Maddie.

I think JS convinced herself that SS's interest in her daughter would actually keep him around. And she was right. Because she opened the door to systematic sexual assault. She weighed the negative to the positive and sacrificed her daughter's innocence, her self respect, her future to this monster. Even if she never laid a hand on Maddie; even if she was never actively involved in his abuse, she surely killed her daughter's spirit before she drew her last breath. She should be sharing a jail cell with him.

I get it but where does responsibility for your child and common sense take place? We have a responsibility to keep our children safe, not feed them to predators. It’s like the parents who are arrested bc their 3 year old is wandering the streets at night… for child endangerment. Maybe they didn’t intend for them to wander but they were not taking normal precautions or noticing their absence? I don’t know
I said nothing about her negligence in keeping Maddie safe. I was commenting only on whether or not I believe she knew the abuse was happening.

What were the sleeping arrangements Sun night? Did SS sleep with Maddie or did the 3 of them sleep together?
I think the plan was for them to sleep together, but I wonder if he even slept. Presumably, this attack would have occurred prior to going to bed (or shortly after). It sounded from the interview that he had been away for a while, and I'm sure he wouldn't have waited too long before doing what he always did. Newly 13, and perhaps feeling empowered, I think Maddie rebuffed him this time, perhaps threatening to report him. In a rage, he kills her. Then the coverup begins.

I think the plan was for them to sleep together, but I wonder if he even slept. Presumably, this attack would have occurred prior to going to bed (or shortly after). It sounded from the interview that he had been away for a while, and I'm sure he wouldn't have waited too long before doing what he always did. Newly 13, and perhaps feeling empowered, I think Maddie rebuffed him this time, perhaps threatening to report him. In a rage, he kills her. Then the coverup begins.
Respectfully, and I hate to be a broken record, but IMO an in the moment rage killing just doesn’t line up with premeditation for me. I know premeditation can be minutes before, but there are a lot of factors to establish premeditation that a rage killing disqualifies, MOO.

Respectfully, and I hate to be a broken record, but IMO an in the moment rage killing just doesn’t line up with premeditation for me. I know premeditation can be minutes before, but there are a lot of factors to establish premeditation that a rage killing disqualifies, MOO.
If the autopsy showed strangulation, there is plenty of precedent for that alone justifying the charge. It takes time to do that, enough time to form intent.

Picture this.

In a rage, a man puts his hands around a woman's neck and starts to choke her.

If he continues to do so, she starts showing life-threatening symptoms.

Yet he continues. And it takes a long time for someone being attacked like this to die. Enough time for the rage to wear off and for him to stop what he's doing. Unless he doesn't want to. So he keeps on until she's dead.

Rage to premeditation in a matter of minutes.

Picture this.

In a rage, a man puts his hands around a woman's neck and starts to choke her.

If he continues to do so, she starts showing life-threatening symptoms.

Yet he continues. And it takes a long time for someone being attacked like this to die. Enough time for the rage to wear off and for him to stop what he's doing. Unless he doesn't want to. So he keeps on until she's dead.

Rage to premeditation in a matter of minutes.
And that’s how I think this went down. I don’t believe any blood was found in the house, or there were any items missing (bloody blankets, etc).

That would rule out blunt force trauma, stabbing, shooting, etc, which would open the door to a heat of the moment event.

I don’t believe he arrived at the house that night planning on killing Madeline. It’s possible, but I don’t think the crime would look like this.

Sloppy and panicked.

Asphyxiation all the way. First degree premeditated murder.

That line in the police report about Jennifer being in denial in response to that photo really annoys me.

It should have simply described her behavior; what she said and did. It should not have attempted to diagnose that behavior.

Because that cop didn’t know what we now know; Jennifer was telling lies. Which means the characterization of “denial,” may not be a psychological reaction, but an intentional effort to continue the charade and protect Stephan.
When I read the denial part, I immediately thought it was just to cover for SS. She didn't recognize anything in the photo? Really, she didn't recognize the distinctive private part of her boyfriend of seven years? Not buying it at all.

And that’s how I think this went down. I don’t believe any blood was found in the house, or there were any items missing (bloody blankets, etc).

That would rule out blunt force trauma, stabbing, shooting, etc, which would open the door to a heat of the moment event.

I don’t believe he arrived at the house that night planning on killing Madeline. It’s possible, but I don’t think the crime would look like this.

Sloppy and panicked.

Asphyxiation all the way. First degree premeditated murder.
Yeah, it’s valid theory I just have a different one. There was also a firearms trace in the discovery report. I realize that doesn’t mean he shot her, but I don’t think strangulation is the only plausible theory.

Yeah, it’s valid theory I just have a different one. There was also a firearms trace in the discovery report. I realize that doesn’t mean he shot her, but I don’t think strangulation is the only plausible theory.

May I ask what you think are other plausible theories?

JS was a single mom dating this guy for 7 years and MS slept in her bed. Does that mean she saw SS and JS having intimate relations? This is not a baby or a toddler but ages 7-13!! Are we to believe they were celibate except when she went to family members or to her dads a few times a year?? What on earth.
I don’t think we can assume MS would have seen anything intimate* between JS and SS because I don’t think we can assume anything intimate* was occurring between them. Not to be vulgar, but it’s not unheard of for a preferential offender (pedophile, ephebophile, whatever) to not have intimate* relations with or to have intimate* dysfunction with regards to their adult partner (/girlfriend/wife) if the partner’s child is the actual target.

There are all sorts of reasons normal adults in an adult relationship would not be intimate*, or not be intimate* often. The one that comes to mind in this case would be the possibility of antidepressants or other psychiatric medications that are known to impact libido.

*obviously here “intimate” is a euphemism for an advertiser censored word

SFF

I don’t understand how it still isn’t 100% clear where he lived.

Did he have residence elsewhere but mostly stay there? Were they so on-again-off-again that he would only be there sometimes? We’ve been sometimes hearing about him possibly not living there, but I haven’t heard of any other specific addresses for him, and I’d think that if he actually lived elsewhere, there would have been a search of that property.
Did you listen to the recording with detectives on Feb. 27? There are answers to most of your questions. Long listen but a lot of information. Worth the time. IMOO.

holy crap, I am late getting to this thread today but what in the what?

The report says Sterns told detectives that he typically shared a bed with Soto’s mother and Soto
‘Abnormal’ security video, Google Drive led to Stephan Sterns’ arrest in Madeline Soto case, documents show

In what universe does a parent think this is a normal thing?? I am gob smacked. I don't know if JS knew what was going on but by golly she should have.
There is no way she did not know. None. She can protest all she likes if she decides to speak at all but I will never believe her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173