WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The person who found Cowell's body told police her feet were in the water of the Columbia River and she was fully clothed.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22573930/detail.html

That same "source" has said othewise. And news reporters are notorious for misquoting sources and misstating facts. Moreover, it's difficult to believe the perps would leave MC's body out in open after transporting it all the way to CB, among other things.

The person who found Cowell's body told police her feet were in the water of the Columbia River and she was fully clothed.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22573930/detail.html

Yup, I found that ONE story too.

And I heard the Spokane news reader, (sorry, reporter), say that they had given lie detector tests to 8 different people so far, which isn't what LE said, which is 8 lie detector tests had been given. Police worded it in such a way that the same person could have been given all 8 lie detector tests.

Plus I found plenty of quotes by LE that they would NOT say whether evidence related to this crime was found inside the home at Crescent Bar, contrary to many news reports running with, "evidence of homicide" was found inside the vacant home. Maybe there was, maybe there wasn't?

Either way, media isn't having a very good track record of reporting the facts in this case.

That same "source" has said othewise. And news reporters are notorious for misquoting sources and misstating facts. Moreover, it's difficult to believe the perps would leave MC's body out in open after transporting it all the way to CB, among other things.

Sorry, Del Rio, but I am confused with your comments? Can you explain what would be otherwise and/or wasn't her body left out in the open. Sorry...

This person I was talking to that is close to J, was also speaking to one of the barrista's at MC's favorite coffee spot. She related to him that a person from LE drove up shortly after MC"s body was found and she was expressing her fear and wanted to know if she should think about arming herself. The officer told her that he could not explain why, but that she did not have to worry about a crazed rapist on the loose, that it was close to home.

So, we can speculate some more on this speculation and more rumor, since I didn't get it firsthand from the barrista. I'm thinking I might need a coffee tomorrow.

Took alllll night to catch up, but I didn't want to duplicate responses or questions!! Thanks for the great info Autumn!

IMO the fact the LE are telling young girls not to worry is a pretty good sign they KNOW who did this. If it was the boy from Tacoma why would they tell girls not to worry? If he was the murderer it would mean this kid is meeting females on the internet, visiting them and then killing them. I'm pretty sure they would be telling everyone to be careful if this were the case.

I firmly believe this is taking so long because whoever did this has reason to have their DNA on MC's stuff. It's only a matter of time before they prove that this time their DNA shouldn't have been there! JMO

Here is another that says the same thing

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/13/weve-got-to-find-this-monster-sheriffs-spokesman/

From what was posted here from people who talked to people who found her and pictures that were posted she was not in the Columbia but in a small stream. It changes all thinking now about whether she was meant to be found or not.

The quote is this: "The woman was found along the Columbia River bank with her feet in the water"

The Columbia River "bank" can be upwards of 20 feet from the actual river. And, as I understand from del rio, more recently it has been that way more often then not. I think the wording is important and I think they used the word "bank" for a reason.

Oh thank you Liz, <<<big hug>>>> you are much much more sleuthy than I am

Now I can exhale. I just don't want there to be an anonymous face...
First post for me...I have to say some very impressive sleuthing. First off Mr. Tacoma is a real person and he has been officially interviewed and has provided an alibi. This is fact. Not sure how they knew each other or if they ever met in person.

Leomoon80 has posted two info packed updates on Mackenzie's case, in the Case Briefings thread, in the Forensic Astrology Forum. Some verrrry interrresting info, I might add!

Reminder, and heads up for the newbies - we are not permitted to discuss this information in *this* thread, but we're free to discuss it in the case briefings thread in the Astrology forum. :innocent:

ETA: Welcome ginnii and all the other newbies!

I've been doing a little FB searching and I happened upon a FB profile of a person who was evidently a pretty good friend of Mackenzie... she talks about Mackenzie freaking out when another friend pieced the eyebrow of this FB person. She's had several posts related to Mackenzie, but what stood out to me was a poem she wrote that says something like...

Why did you take her life and break her down? She gave you her heart and you crushed her dreams and future. She never thought she had a choice because she listened to you, you stupid boy. You had to be right and now she's gone.

(What's above is paraphrased and posted with the permission of a forum moderator. You can see the actual poem, which was posted yesterday, here. Link is posted with mod's permission.)

Thing is, the girl recently broke up with her boyfriend. However, this poem talks about someone taking a life, and this person now being "gone." What do you guys think?

This is a song from Keith Urban called Stupid Boy.

Seems like when we rely on other newspapers (Spokane, Seattle) vs. the WW, we run into trouble. IMO the WW is a better source of information, because they are directly quoting LE. To me it is pretty obvious that the Spokane and Seattle paper are lazy and have bad writers. I am fairly certain when they cite quotes in their articles, they do not have a reporter on scene in Wenatchee, and that they are just poorly paraphrasing WW reporting, maybe even making things up for filler, like the non-existent "hey, what's up" vs. the fact of the simple "hey" messages. JMO

I know we don't like examiner articles here, but they apparently got on the sheriff's email list for press releases and instead of simply rewriting it, (and twisting meanings), they printed it in FULL, (unlike any other media I have seen do in this case - hint WW).

Here is the first paragraph of that press release as found at here:

PRESS RELEASE FROM SHERIFF HARVEY GJESDAL:

On February 13, at 12:42 p.m. citizens walking near the resort area of Crescent Bar found the body of a young female lying near the river.

...snipped...

Provided to Examiner.com by Sheriff Harvey Gjesdal.

BBM

I seem to recall other news stories say the body was "placed" where it was found - meaning it didn't just float back up on shore after someone attempted to shove it downriver. Either way, take it or leave it.

First post for me...I have to say some very impressive sleuthing. First off Mr. Tacoma is a real person and he has been officially interviewed and has provided an alibi. This is fact. Not sure how they knew each other or if they ever met in person.

Welcome Ginnii345!

I don’t want to be harsh, but IMO there have been multiple “facts” posted on this board that have contradicted themselves.

I don’t think that it is a fact unless you can provide a link, witnessed the interview, or have access to the LE documents from the interview.

I know we don't like examiner articles here, but they apparently got on the sheriff's email list for press releases and instead of simply rewriting it, (and twisting meanings), they printed it in FULL, (unlike any other media I have seen do in this case - hint WW).

Here is the first paragraph of that press release as found at here:

BBM

I seem to recall other news stories say the body was "placed" where it was found - meaning it didn't just float back up on shore after someone attempted to shove it downriver. Either way, take it or leave it.

I like it when the original information is published rather than the news outlet trying to make it seem like they actually have reporters digging for information. IMO it is much more factual.

Thanks for this info. You are free to consider it fact, I'll take it as a rumor for now. Heck, for all I know you are Mr. Tacoma :croc:

Also, could you confirm if the Mr. Tacoma is the same we have found through MC's facebook friends?

Welcome Ginnii345!

I don’t want to be harsh, but IMO there have been multiple “facts” posted on this board that have contradicted themselves.

I don’t think that it is a fact unless you can provide a link, witnessed the interview, or have access to the LE documents from the interview.

Yes I have noticed that...My son's bestfriend was interviewed by the FBI regarding Mr. Tacoma's whereabouts, all of these boys went to school together and know each other. Mr. Tacoma confirmed the interview with my son along with Mr. Tacoma's girlfiriend. So yes this is a fact and because of this connection why I am so interested in seeing this resolved.

Thanks for this info. You are free to consider it fact, I'll take it as a rumor for now. Heck, for all I know you are Mr. Tacoma :croc:

Also, could you confirm if the Mr. Tacoma is the same we have found through MC's facebook friends?

Yes he is the same and no I am not "Mr. Tacoma".

Yes he is the same and no I am not "Mr. Tacoma".

Do we know if he was planning on meeting with MC on Tuesday?

Edited to add: I'm still wondering if there might have been someone else from "Tacoma" that MC was chatting with and planning on meeting. (As with everything else in this case, RUMOR.)

Yes I have noticed that...My son's bestfriend was interviewed by the FBI regarding Mr. Tacoma's whereabouts, all of these boys went to school together and know each other. Mr. Tacoma confirmed the interview with my son along with Mr. Tacoma's girlfiriend. So yes this is a fact and because of this connection why I am so interested in seeing this resolved.

That is very interesting.

Do you know the exact time period that his alibi was verified for? Only on the day, or all the way through Saturday?

It would be interesting to know if LE has determined that the murder and disposal happened on the afternoon/evening that MC disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear