WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to make sure- is all of this fact Gone Too Soon? I'm not trying to sleuth you but rather find out if you know this first hand because of interactions with them, or if it was all rumors.

Thanks Melissa for bringing this to my attention, I'll try to clean it up here:
Spec House Clean Up=through a personal contact
MC's car owned by RC=first hand & media reports as registered owner
WC purchasing new vehicle for JF=rumor from WS, unconfirmed at this time? MC Driver's License Dec 2008=first hand knowledge
Car Wash Theory=MOO
Cheerleaders at GBB on 2/9/10=very reliable source, fact?

Hope this is helpful.

Yes he is the same and no I am not "Mr. Tacoma".

I know that you said that you don’t know if they had met in person, but do you have any idea of the extent of their relationship and how long they had been interacting?

That's what I believe, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wen111 View Post
Del rio- when you sign back on, I would like to know why you think the picture of the swampy area with the one red flag is the most interesting? Am I missing something in the photo? If you don't mind me asking...

Here’s the rough draft of my theories:

At 3:00 p.m., MC leaves the Hair Academy, turns onto Kittitas, then turns right onto northbound Mission Street, and drives to WC’s office (about 1 minute). MC’s purpose is to tell WC about her new “medical condition.”

MC meets WC at WC’s office on Mission Street, and they walk or drive together to the boat launch to talk. Either which way, MC’s car is left at WC’s office.

Sometime before 5:00 p.m., MC and WC travel to WC’s house in Eagle Rock.

Sometime between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m., WC freaks out on MC and, in a fit of “passion,” slays MC (probably with a kitchen knife?). (FYI: The reason I believe WC is the murderer, as opposed to JF, is simply because no mother would continue to have a relationship with—let alone purchase a new car for—any person who may have possibly murdered her child; I refuse to believe that’s physiologically possible.)

After the deed is done, WC contacts JF and extorts him into helping her dispose of MC’s body. If JF is the cause of MC’s “medical condition,” then WC’s extortion would be fairly easy and obvious.

WC must move MC’s car because it would be way too obvious who the perp is if it remains where it was at that time. Therefore, WC drives MC’s car up to Pitcher Canyon and JF follows. At about 7:00 p.m., they drop off MC’s car at the end of Pitcher Canyon Road, and JF drives WC back to her house/office.

WC and/or JF and/or his brother(s) then transport MC’s body to the Sunnyslope spec house for temporary storage. Said house is, after all, close by WC’s home (less than a 6 minute drive). Although I believe it’s possible (though not probable) that they tried to dismember her body parts, I don’t believe they would have done so at the Sunnyslope house. And I certainly don’t believe they attempted to mutilate MC’s body for sheer entertainment. In any event, something horrible is done to MC’s body.

Sometime between 11:00 p.m. on February 9 and 6:00 a.m. on February 13, WC and/or JF and/or his brother(s) transport MC’s body to CB. They decide on that particular location because they are familiar with it, and they know it buttresses the county line.

They place MC’s body near the stream, with her feet in it. They were intending to place MC’s body just inside Grant County in order to create a jurisdictional headache and friction between 4 LE agencies. But they failed to do so (for whatever reason, e.g., simple miscalculation, too dark, too wet, or maybe they were unable to cross the stream and they did not want to carry her body back up the hill; they therefore placed her body as close to the Grant County as possible). I believe her body was placed in the brush and trees along the stream, approximately 15-feet from the river.

That's all I got so far. So, go ahead and rip up my theories.

DISCLAIMER: Everything except for the first three words is pure speculation. I certainly could not prove any of this beyond a reasonable doubt.
Thanks

Now, I'm really confused, Del. thread 4, page 1

The person who found Cowell's body told police her feet were in the water of the Columbia River and she was fully clothed.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/22573930/detail.html

The above quotation along with these photos led me to my conclusion: I certainly do believe that Mackenzie was found on the Columbia River bank with her feet in the river, at the location where three investigators are standing, two of them looking down:

cs1z.jpg

cs2m.jpg

Judging by the curve of the waterline in the above photos, I placed a red box on the sat photo showing approximately where I think that Mackenzie's body was found, probably centered in the red box along the shore, with feet in the river:

cs3nm.jpg

That's what I believe, too.

Originally Posted by del rio View Post
MC's feet were not in the Columbia River. They were in the stream that comes out of the pond. Nonetheless, her body was on or near the "beach." Just not in the River.

thread 3, page 9

TOD & place of death have me thinking. Assuming that this horrible death doesn’t get solved soon, and the task force is disbanded at some point, what department do you think gets jurisdiction? Chelan County, Douglas County, or Wenatchee PD?

TOD & place of death have me thinking. Assuming that this horrible death doesn’t get solved soon, and the task force is disbanded at some point, what department do you think gets jurisdiction? Chelan County, Douglas County, or Wenatchee PD?

I would say Douglas Co because that is where the body was found. This is a good debate question though.

The Wenatchee World has also said that she was found on the shore. Shore=place where land meets water,

From the WW:

"That is the last known sighting of Cowell before her body was found Saturday along the shore at Crescent Bar."

"It was found by someone walking along the beach about 12:45 p.m. Saturday. At the time, said Chelan County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Moore, it appeared the body had been put there by someone."

"The woman was found along the Columbia River bank with her feet in the water, Moore said. She was fully clothed."

Considering the above quotations, you really have to bend the facts to place Mackenzie's body anywhere BUT on the Columbia River bank with her feet in the Columbia River.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/feb/14/investigators-say-body-is-mackenzie-cowell/?print

My hubbie the engineer says he thinks the "SLM" may be to direct a satellite fixed mapping point---says he saw a documentary where infrared photos can pick up decaying matter that is underground. I wonder if that is what the letters are for and it is to pick up either something about MC or maybe other crimes.........

Douglas county. Once her body was found, everything transferred to the Douglas County Sheriff's Dept, although they are all working in tandem with each other. Her body was found in Douglas County. I just read that somewhere today while digging for Douglas County Rivercom dispatches.......that I never found. Mansontribune only publishes the Chelan county dispatches, but nobody seems to publish the Douglas County dispatches.

Anyone know where to find those?

Douglas county. Once her body was found, everything transferred to the Douglas County Sheriff's Dept, although they are all working in tandem with each other. Her body was found in Douglas County. I just read that somewhere today while digging for Douglas County Rivercom dispatches.......that I never found. Mansontribune only publishes the Chelan county dispatches, but nobody seems to publish the Douglas County dispatches.

Anyone know where to find those?

Do you think that it changes if the actual murder took place in Chelan County, or Wenatchee, and that CB was just a dump site?

Do you think that it changes if the actual murder took place in Chelan County, or Wenatchee, and that CB was just a dump site?

Well, it certainly is a complicated case! At this point, I think they just are all in it and seem to be working together. Maybe one of the retired "detectives" or sleuths can answer that one! :banghead:

I'm not trying to be rude much but what would having her feet in the water or not have much to do with the case?

Well, it certainly is a complicated case! At this point, I think they just are all in it and seem to be working together. Maybe one of the retired "detectives" or sleuths can answer that one! :banghead:

I think that it gets a lot simpler if LE can collectively decide where she was murdered.

Is there anyone else who has any information or would care to comment about this aspect of the property?

'This aspect' quoted above is regarding del rio's eerieness (sp?) for those of you who are reading my reply. I parked at the bottom of the hill and walked up to the property after jumping the gaurdrail and approaching through the rocks and brush on the downriver side. I stood at what I would consider the property line on that side and looked into the yard from that position. Above me and to my right was the primary pool that some photos have revealed (just beyond the pool appears to be black tire marks at the bottom of the driveway). I looked around and studied the area for some time before crossing through some rather tall brush and into a grassy area in front of me. The only curious thing I observed were some fresh digging marks in the yard area below the pool that may have been taken for evidence. BUT...I will concur with del rio...the feeling I had the whole time I was there was beyond creepy, it was eerie. Although I wanted to walk around and down to the shoreline, I hightailed it out of there. I won't be going back, one trip down there was enough. Evil conduct, in this case murder, and whatever else they did to that poor girl, leaves behind invisible markers as well. Beyond that, other things may have taken place on this property in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member