Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a closer view. It looks like the letters "L" and either "C" or "G" (outlined in red on right)

2100625160045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Here is a link to all the high schools in California: http://www.highschoolsports.net/stateselect.cfm?state_abb=CA

Also, the Lewis and Clark high school in Spokane Washington is commonly called "LC".

Here is a link to all the high schools in California: http://www.highschoolsports.net/stateselect.cfm?state_abb=CA

Also, the Lewis and Clark high school in Spokane Washington is commonly called "LC".

La Cañada High School is a good possibility. It is located in San Fernando Valley, at the not far from Granada Hills (where RA lived). It is also the starting point to Angeles Crest Highway (where Robin Samsoe was found).

There is a La Crescenta Christian School nearby as well.

I noticed some references to these photographed people as UIDs. Let's not lose hope about them, they're mostly unidentified, but we know for certain that at least some of them have called to inform the police that they are not deceased. :)

Are there any good links like the Doe network and Charley Project where you can find pictures of murder victims in cold cases (preferably while alive)?

Because I was just thinking that if Alcala killed any of these people they might not be in any missing persons lists or UID lists if their bodies have been found and identified and now their data lays stored in the cold case archive of some police department or another.

Wow, just reading through all the posts tonight...great work you guys and gals!:woohoo:

Way back somewhere someone asked about the album in the rack on the picture of the young woman with the bowl, walking across the room in her panties.

I messed around with a cropped selection of that album cover and to me it appears to not be a man with a guitar and a spotlight. Instead, it's a far-off shot of a band on stage, wearing white, in sort of a domed shaped stage. I can make out the drums and the legs of another performer. The red blip on the cover is a switch of some sort to the lights attached to the rack, I think.

The thing I thought was a spotlight is a purple circle with what looks like 3 letters in the center. At first I thought it said "BOB" as in maybe Bob Seger, but now that this looks more like a band and not a solo singer, I can't really make out what the letters could be.

I think the blue box in the corner is a company logo but I'm so tired right now I can't remember which one that is. It really is familiar though.

closeup.jpg

Original photo here:
http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00123.jpg

I came up with something that might help figuring out which pictures belong together.

I copied the photos from Nancy Grace's blog to a Word document to try and see if I could group them and figure out how many different people I perceive in these photos, and I noticed that some of the photos are different size and shape than others. It seems some of them are Polaroid photos and others regular film shots. (A few nude shots are probably cropped by the police to protect the person's privacy). Some have a black outline.

So I think if the two pictures are the same size and shape they're more likely to be of the same photographing session and involve the same persons than if they're different size and shape.

However, this is obviously not a foolproof method because there's nothing to prevent him taking two different cameras with him or photographing the same people several different times using different equipment and different people with the same equipment.

So far the photos that I'm absolutely sure that they must be the same person have been the same size unless they've apparently been cropped for nudity, and also I noticed that all the ones with the orange flower fabric in the background are the same size. All that I could find in Nancy Grace's blog anyway.

Things I'd like to know --

Where did he get his army basic training?
Was he ever stationed overseas?
What did he do that would make the military release him?

Was he driving when he went from the west to east coast? If so, how many victims were between these two coasts?

Wow, just reading through all the posts tonight...great work you guys and gals!:woohoo:

Way back somewhere someone asked about the album in the rack on the picture of the young woman with the bowl, walking across the room in her panties.

I messed around with a cropped selection of that album cover and to me it appears to not be a man with a guitar and a spotlight. Instead, it's a far-off shot of a band on stage, wearing white, in sort of a domed shaped stage. I can make out the drums and the legs of another performer. The red blip on the cover is a switch of some sort to the lights attached to the rack, I think.

The thing I thought was a spotlight is a purple circle with what looks like 3 letters in the center. At first I thought it said "BOB" as in maybe Bob Seger, but now that this looks more like a band and not a solo singer, I can't really make out what the letters could be.

I think the blue box in the corner is a company logo but I'm so tired right now I can't remember which one that is. It really is familiar though.

closeup.jpg

Original photo here:

Could the letters say "Live"? The male with no shirt reminds me of Frampton from what I can see.

I bet we could send this pic to an older DJ and find out quickly.

Are we in agreement this is an apartment in New York and have we narrowed the time frame to the four years he attended college there or are we still trying to define a time frame for pictures taken in this apartment?

ETA: I looked through Frampton album cover images online and I don't see a match. Still looking.

Re: Timelines for these photos

In 1968 Alcala fled after attacking "Tali S.," "leaving her surrounded by photography equipment" in his De Longpre, Hollywood apartment.

Source: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/rodney_alcala/2.html

He ran out the back and fled to NY, and wasn't arrested until August 1971 at the summer camp in NH. He served 34 months for the attack on Tali S.

Source:
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/rodney_alcala/3.html

So if he fled, wouldn't he have forfeited all his belongings he had up to that point? What would police procedure have been? Did they search the place for evidence and then release the apartment and its contents to his landlord (who, I imagine, kept or sold what he wanted and put the rest out on the curb for a free-for-all) or were they legally required to notify Alcala's relatives of the abandoned property?

Can anyone find any reference to Alcala archiving his photos at his mom's home? If he did not, then is it safe to assume he lost all his photos taken prior to whatever month he fled in 1968? If we can be sure of that, then he had to have taken all these photos in 1968 or later, even the ones that are cropped and are hard to otherwise date because there's nothing but the headboard of the bed visible in them.

Also, if those are definitely two different apartments (the blue-walled one and the white-walled one) then there's enough of the same furniture seen in both apartments to suggest he didn't fit it all in the Datsun F10 to move. My guess is he hired a truck or U-Haul or maybe made several trips in the F10, but I'm not even sure that big dresser/chest of drawers would have fit in the hatch.

Someone suggested this girl as a match for 9-year-old Julie Moseley, one of the missing Forth Worth trio. Any ideas how old the girl in this photo could be? I'm stumped.

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-03/52806037.jpg

To me the pictures that appear to be a head board may be a fireplace mantle. The girls height is different in one of the pictures as if she is standing on a base (what do they call that?) of some sort. The molding and trim above the dental molding on what I think is a mantle also suggest this to me.

Just a guess but I think the girl referenced in the pic above (Julie Mosley ref) looks about 14 or 15. JMO

Things I'd like to know --

Where did he get his army basic training?
Was he ever stationed overseas?
What did he do that would make the military release him?

Was he driving when he went from the west to east coast? If so, how many victims were between these two coasts?

Good question about the driving -- it appears quite likely that he did drive frequently and for long distances, though I haven't seen any direct evidence of that.

Don't know the answer to the first two Army questions. He was just a clerk, so probably not overseas. But in 1964 he had some sort of "nervous breakdown," exact nature unspecified, that led to him being discharged. I've seen several articles that say he was diagnosed as a sociopath at that time, which makes me wonder whether there was an incident associated with the breakdown.

Re: Timelines for these photos

In 1968 Alcala fled after attacking "Tali S.," "leaving her surrounded by photography equipment" in his De Longpre, Hollywood apartment.

Source: http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/rodney_alcala/2.html

He ran out the back and fled to NY, and wasn't arrested until August 1971 at the summer camp in NH. He served 34 months for the attack on Tali S.

Source:
http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/rodney_alcala/3.html

So if he fled, wouldn't he have forfeited all his belongings he had up to that point? What would police procedure have been? Did they search the place for evidence and then release the apartment and its contents to his landlord (who, I imagine, kept or sold what he wanted and put the rest out on the curb for a free-for-all) or were they legally required to notify Alcala's relatives of the abandoned property?

Can anyone find any reference to Alcala archiving his photos at his mom's home? If he did not, then is it safe to assume he lost all his photos taken prior to whatever month he fled in 1968? If we can be sure of that, then he had to have taken all these photos in 1968 or later, even the ones that are cropped and are hard to otherwise date because there's nothing but the headboard of the bed visible in them.

Also, if those are definitely two different apartments (the blue-walled one and the white-walled one) then there's enough of the same furniture seen in both apartments to suggest he didn't fit it all in the Datsun F10 to move. My guess is he hired a truck or U-Haul or maybe made several trips in the F10, but I'm not even sure that big dresser/chest of drawers would have fit in the hatch.

Someone suggested this girl as a match for 9-year-old Julie Moseley, one of the missing Forth Worth trio. Any ideas how old the girl in this photo could be? I'm stumped.

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2010-03/52806037.jpg

I thought she looked about 10 (I'm the one who suggested it, so my opinion might not count :D )

His property wouldn't have been forfeit unless he used it as surety for his bail bond. He seems to have kept his family notified of his whereabouts and they seem to have been willing to clean up his messes. I imagine he just called his sister to get his stuff.

I'm not convinced the blue and the white apartments are separate places. I think he might have just painted and repainted.

I don't see any evidence to date any photo earlier than 1971.

closeup.jpg

Original photo here:

This photo clearly shows the album Surrealistic Pillow (Jefferson Airplane 1967)

2927390760045078242S500x500Q851.jpg

Not real helpful in pinning down the timeline, as we already know the timeline doesn't go much before 1967, but it may give an indication of his musical tastes in trying to figure out the others.

Last one for tonight. I think these three go together, though I don't have any suggestion as to who the two women might be. The background looks very much like a place I visited in Wyoming years ago, but I can't find a picture of it anywhere.

There are a couple of women missing from that area in the right time frame. Carlene Brown and Christy Gross, both 19 at the time, went missing from a rodeo in Rawlins in 1974. Christy's body was found a few miles away almost 10 years later; Carlene has never been found. I couldn't find a picture of Christy anywhere, but I'm attaching Carlene.

The woman sitting on the ground looks like Carlene.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2217dfwy.html

kz6i6d-kz6i5q0066.jpg
CarBrown.jpg

I do so wish they would update the public as to who has been located and/or identified. I know, I have said it before, apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500