WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
After doing a little digging it seems to me that MC's car was not just randomly placed at the PC spot at the Hurd 2395 residence. There is another Hurd family at 2301 PC with two sons and the Cowells have two sons. They all went to Wenatchee High School together. The youngest Cowell brother (CC) and youngest Hurd brother (TH) are just a year apart, and the older two brothers (TC & SH) are a year apart. The oldest two are friends on FB. Also family of both Hurd and Cowell are in the construction business. It seems unlikely in our small town that these families do not know each other. I'm wondering if any of the Hurd's has a vacation home in CB. I also found it interesting that our Chelan County Sheriff's son went to High School at the same time and has a FB connection with one of them. Also interesting is the youngest Hurd child I could find was not a juvenile in 2009 when the 911 call went out from the Hurd's regarding a runaway, so who could they have been calling about? Hmmm, makes me wonder.

I despise posting this but someone has to....

Has anyone in the C family yet transacted on MC's life insurance policy?

I'd understand if they did ... perhaps to use the money to pay for after-death expenses and / or pay off MC's credit card (if she had an account) and / or to setup an MC Self-Protection Awareness Foundation or some such commemorative?

If it were my child I'd have a hard time using insurance money for much else ...

The VW Golf III looks close as well

And better price range...than an Audi.

I've look at a still of the parking lot car...magnified it...even downloaded an image enhancing program. It appears that the VW matches the angle of the wind shield, the metal profile between the rear passenger door and the rear door. And even has the rear windscreen.

I was able to eliminate alot of other hatchbacks.

The Honda Civic hatchback did not fit the criteria I described above.

Anybody know anyone within our little inner circle that drive a 5 door VW hatchback.

Oh, well, I guess if LE is aware of this. Then they will narrow it down. I'm pooped. Pooped and getting crosseyed.

I'd understand if they did ... perhaps to use the money to pay for after-death expenses and / or pay off MC's credit card (if she had an account) and / or to setup an MC Self-Protection Awareness Foundation or some such commemorative?

If it were my child I'd have a hard time using insurance money for much else ...

There was a life insurance policy on MC?

Good question. I don't recall what RC does for a living but if he has a group policy...for children, it is usually limited to $10,000. I guess private insurance, you can buy as much as you can afford.

FYI: Not trying to be morbid...she was cremated...much cheaper. But if my child was horribly mutilated, I'd creamate too. I just could not bear the thought every time I went to the gravesite.

There's no way that BF would risk messin' up his ride transporting a non-breathing person if that person were bleeding, and quite frankly I do not believe he would want to use his vehicle in perpetration of such a crime, period. Possible, but not likely given how much money likely has gone in to it. Let's face it, it's not an '80s pick-up truck.

So, that leaves him with driving MC's car to PC. Fingerprints? Explainable. DNA? Explainable. Seen driving the vehicle? Depends on when ....

Video is crucial to this case.

Agree. LE did seem to suspect foul play right after they found her car, even though they at first said there was no evidence in the car. Later, they did say there was evidence in the car. So, trying to work it out in my head if I think someone could have possibly delivered the blunt force head trauma in her car, while parked at the boat launch. I've wondered if, given the "clean" area on the rear, driver's side panel of her car where the gas lid is", she was leaning up against the car while talking to someone when he got angry enough to deck her and she fell to the ground, where he then kicked her in the head and strangled her? Without being seen, in broad daylight, of course. (a stretch) Then what? Load her in the trunk? Take her to CB? Finish the job or try to make it look like a gang initiation type thing? Ditch the car up in PC and then take one of the trails down to Dry Gulch Road and jog home to Millerdale Rd? It all works if the spec house gets left out. Plus, he still would have had to get his car at Target, if that were the scenario, and he would have had to clean up before that and still be up at PC with the parents around 10:30. It needs work. speculation

Not to defend the police in any way (they did a horrible job) but some of it did actually happen. How can you explain dna that shows father/daughter parents and also brother/sister parents if nothing happened?

All i am going to say. back on track with MC.

Just using simple statistics, when you cast a net as wide as Perez did, you may end up catching a guilty person or two.

I've read a bunch and haven't seen anything about DNA evidence. I'll go read some more.

Good question. I don't recall what RC does for a living but if he has a group policy...for children, it is usually limited to $10,000. I guess private insurance, you can buy as much as you can afford.

FYI: Not trying to be morbid...she was cremated...much cheaper. But if my child was horribly mutilated, I'd creamate too. I just could not bear the thought every time I went to the gravesite.

RC also builds homes but mostly in the Chelan area. There have been a lot of postings about this. I'm thinkin 2 or maybe 3 threads back.

Agreed. I think they lovingly wanted to "set her free" of the atrocities.
speculation

After doing a little digging it seems to me that MC's car was not just randomly placed at the PC spot at the Hurd 2395 residence. There is another Hurd family at 2301 PC with two sons and the Cowells have two sons. They all went to Wenatchee High School together. The youngest Cowell brother (CC) and youngest Hurd brother (TH) are just a year apart, and the older two brothers (TC & SH) are a year apart. The oldest two are friends on FB. Also family of both Hurd and Cowell are in the construction business. It seems unlikely in our small town that these families do not know each other. I'm wondering if any of the Hurd's has a vacation home in CB. I also found it interesting that our Chelan County Sheriff's son went to High School at the same time and has a FB connection with one of them. Also interesting is the youngest Hurd child I could find was not a juvenile in 2009 when the 911 call went out from the Hurd's regarding a runaway, so who could they have been calling about? Hmmm, makes me wonder.

I agree lb. I've never thought the PC was a dump site. If you want to dump a car you don't leave it where it will stand out like a sore thumb (unless you want someone to find it). In any parking lot in Wenatchee it would have gone unnoticed longer.

Good one "No More"...even better.

Attachments

• VW_Golf_III.jpg
    VW_Golf_III.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 33

MC had a life insurance policy? Is this fact? That just seems very odd to me- for her to have life insurance, since no one should have been depending on her for income.

I agree lb. I've never thought the PC was a dump site. If you want to dump a car you don't leave it where it will stand out like a sore thumb (unless you want someone to find it). In any parking lot in Wenatchee it would have gone unnoticed longer.

Yes, any parking lot would have been better. It makes me think it was parked up PC to create a diversion so that LE would focus their search up there instead of in town.

MC had a life insurance policy? Is this fact? That just seems very odd to me- for her to have life insurance, since no one should have been depending on her for income.

All of my children have life insurance policies. Unfortunately burial expenses cost a fortune these days and if there are any hospital costs... A policy makes sense - you don't want something to happen to your child, but if that should happen....then you need to make sure you can take care of expenditures that do not need to be a burden on top of what a parent is already going through.

This has been somewhat explored before, but we never really took it very much farther. You may be onto something IB! Way to wrap your head around it! :Banane47:

All of my children have life insurance policies. Unfortunately burial expenses cost a fortune these days and if there are any hospital costs... A policy makes sense - you don't want something to happen to your child, but if that should happen....then you need to make sure you can take care of expenditures that do not need to be a burden on top of what a parent is already going through.

My parents have a small one on me. I don't think it is weird. They want me to be able to add to it later in life if I want without a lot of hassles if I so choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TFJ