Hand off of Gabriel at Raymond Rimkus Park

I don't think the journal or the so called couple is anything concrete either. She did make LE search for his body in the landfill, and they spend over 300K in doing so, and found nothing. It sounds like another red herring on Elizabeth's part to throw off LE and the family as to what she truly did. I don't want to burst anyone's bubble- but she is extremely deceptive and full of lies, so whatever she writes down cannot be trusted either. She may have directions to the park for a nefarious reason. JMO.

Of course everyone has the right to their own opinion and I respect yours, but I absolutely DO NOT believe Mr.G is lying about the journal. He has an excellent reputation and is not looking for media attention. Re: the couple, if they didn't exist, why was their other sightings of EJ with a couple? Just seems to me there is WAY more evidence pointing towards her giving Gabe away than there is to murder. Actually, there is NO evidence pointing to murder except for her spiteful words meant to hurt Logan.

(hello sore thumb!! Only white person on the bus!)

he had was wow she probably was the only Anglo there

The HG set it all up. He led her to the couple and told her what bus to take. Maybe he works there? Wonder how many other mothers have used this bus line . . . .

Of course I'm not saying anything bad about Mr. Ken Gamble. I'm sure he is only doing his job, and I'm sure he's an excellent PI. But you must keep in mind Eliz. sent law enforcement on a wild goose chase with the landfill, she skipped town after Gabe went missing, and also ran from Logan after she kidnapped the child from AZ. It seems inconsistent a woman like that would write in a journal what she did with baby when her whole motive was keep the baby away from the father. The journal seems hopeful, and I'm sure many of us rejoice in the news that we think a handoff happened, but keep in mind, those are elizabeth's entries. I'm sure the detective is doing his best to find the baby, but only IF, and it is a big IF the journal can be trusted. It will call come to light in a few short weeks what really happened. And we are all guilty of something too- of having love and concern for a child we have not even met. The truth will be revealed when Gabriel if found, but take everything with a grain of salt as Elizab. has proven to be extremely deceptive. We all pray the baby is found. The sooner the better. Of course everyone has their opinion, and it why we come on to this board- to share opinion, ideas, theories, etc.. But to me, if the journal is real, then a couple would have obviously come forward already because there is no couple willing to face felony charges and life in prison to keep a baby that has been reported kidnapped. That would have happened within the first 48 hours or few days of him being reported. And Eliz. would reveal the living baby in heartbeat, not for his welfare, but to save her own skin. She would produce a living baby immediately as I'm sure LE has threatened her with the worst cast scenario for her fate if she does not reveal where the baby is. Her keeping quiet is very disturbing, and to me indicates guilt. So the journal entry seems fishy to me... Again, Just my opinion. Let us pray the baby be found.

If I haven't said it already, Khristi, welcome to Websleuths! Good to have you here :) And thank you for sharing your thoughts.

What I don't you considering in your post is other information that has come to light in the past several weeks that has not been publicly released.

Many people who follow many cases are under the impression that the only information that's available to those involved in the investigation is what's publicly released in the media as the investigation goes along. That's not the case.

Certain information has to be kept confidential in order to protect the safety and ensure the rescue of the missing person.

Personally, I am confident there is more than the journal to lend that affords Ken his confidence in the conclusion he has reached.

I keep in mind that I could be wrong, and that Ken could be wrong. Nevertheless, based on everything I know right now, I'm with Ken 100%.

BeanE

I just watched a video where Logan says they are moving away from illegal adoption theory. I'm not sure what to make of it- But I think we all agree that we all want the baby to be found- and that's what the board is for- to share ideas, opinions, theories. So if Logan and the Pi move away from illegal adoption theory, then what theory now. On the video, he said he could not reveal that.... I pray to God in Heavan that my theory is 100% Wrong.

I just watched a video where Logan says they are moving away from illegal adoption theory. I'm not sure what to make of it- But I think we all agree that we all want the baby to be found- and that's what the board is for- to share ideas, opinions, theories. So if Logan and the Pi move away from illegal adoption theory, then what theory now. On the video, he said he could not reveal that.... I pray to God in Heavan that my theory is 100% Wrong.

You might want to poke around the news articles and videos from around March 26. The thread on Ken Gamble is helpful to track those news stories. I believe they're all linked in there, and it's a short thread so far, so easy to poke get through. The Ken Gamble thread is here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97722"]Logan's PI Ken Gamble's Search for Gabe - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Ken contends that someone (referred to as third party) suggested to Elizabeth that she put Gabe into hiding, then arranged the couple, and gave Elizabeth directions to the park along with a code word the couple would identify themselves by.

Here's one of the related news stories.

March 26, 2010 - 3:20PM

Private investigator Ken Gamble, who is working with the McQuearys in the search for Gabriel, said there is no evidence indicating that Johnson sold Gabriel in an underground adoption, but said there are indications she gave him to someone she entrusted who has the boy in hiding.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/152240

I just finished watching the video of Logan being interviewed. He looks so exhausted and seems very sad. When the lady asked if he is still leaning on the thought that Gabriel was illegally adopted, he answered that the investagation is beginning to lead away from that standpoint. That is very bothersome to me.... doesn't sound positive at all.

I still hope and pray with all of my heart that baby Gabriel is found alive and well. But after watching this video I fear it will not turn out this way.

Another thing that has been on my mind is that of EJ did kill Gabriel and disposed of his body, he is likely to be in that landfill somewhere. I believe she put that precious baby in the diaper bag (which to my knowledge the bag has never been found), and disposed of it in a different location from where she was staying. Therefore the evidence would be elsewhere in the landfill that was not searched.

I am so praying that I have this all wrong and that Gabriel is still alive and will be found safe and healthy and SOON!

I just finished watching the video of Logan being interviewed. He looks so exhausted and seems very sad. When the lady asked if he is still leaning on the thought that Gabriel was illegally adopted, he answered that the investagation is beginning to lead away from that standpoint. That is very bothersome to me.... doesn't sound positive at all.

I still hope and pray with all of my heart that baby Gabriel is found alive and well. But after watching this video I fear it will not turn out this way.

Another thing that has been on my mind is that of EJ did kill Gabriel and disposed of his body, he is likely to be in that landfill somewhere. I believe she put that precious baby in the diaper bag (which to my knowledge the bag has never been found), and disposed of it in a different location from where she was staying. Therefore the evidence would be elsewhere in the landfill that was not searched.

I am so praying that I have this all wrong and that Gabriel is still alive and will be found safe and healthy and SOON!

Hi sandangel. Welcome to Websleuths! Great to have you here :)

Scroll back to the last few posts that explain some more about Ken's theory. For a long time, I thought that most likely Elizabeth had harmed Gabe, but with the information that's come out recently, and Ken's theory, and all the amazing work he's done, I am more sure than I've ever been, not only that Gabe is alive, but that he will be found - and soon!

Regarding the journal -- a poster back a little spoke of her husband who is Aussie (as is Mr.Gamble) and what he refers to as a journal is what we consider more of a planner or date book of sorts. So I don't think this is a diary type of journal. It's possible, but because he comments about her "notes", I'm thinking maybe she jotted down the necessary info in a date book sort of thing - which is what I do when I want to take info with me. She had directions to the park, how she would identify the couple and where they'd be sitting. She also made "notes" (as Gamble said) about shelters and womens centers she'd called.

We have a thread for full discussion of whether Elizabeth killed Gabe here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94551"]Did Elizabeth kill Gabriel? POLL ADDED - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Please see that thread for more further discussion of that topic, so we can keep this thread focused on its topic of the hand off of Gabe at the park.

Thanks!
BeanE

Thank you BeanE!! I am proud to be a part of the WS community.

I have read what the PI has found recently and was very hopeful after hearing what he has said about EJ's journal, etc. I just lost some hope after seeing Logan's interview when he stated that the investagation is now leaning away from an underground adoption. When asked what avenue the investagation is taking now, he said he could not answer that at this time. That is why I'm worried. I can not imagine what direction this is going now.

Thank you BeanE!! I am proud to be a part of the WS community.

I have read what the PI has found recently and was very hopeful after hearing what he has said about EJ's journal, etc. I just lost some hope after seeing Logan's interview when he stated that the investagation is now leaning away from an underground adoption. When asked what avenue the investagation is taking now, he said he could not answer that at this time. That is why I'm worried. I can not imagine what direction this is going now.

I'm pretty sure it's the theory Ken talked about, that a third party suggested to Elizabeth that she put Gabe into hiding, and arranged the couple in the park for that purpose.

That actually increases Gabe's chances of being found quickly and safely significantly.

Let's say that Gabe was handed off in the park. Wouldn't LE have gone through her phone, all the numbers, and contacted those people? Just something to think about, but when she described the couple, she was vague too, so that doesn't bode well. I would imagine LE gone through her numbers on her cell thoroughly to see who he got handed off to, but at this point, no one yet to come forward. Just food for thought, something to think of. Let's hope someone saw something at the park that would assist LE in solving this case.

I don't find Logan's interview disturbing or disheartening. He was simply answering the reporter the best he could, and probably trying not to say what he's not suppose to yet because of an ongoing investigation. He said they are leaning away from an illegal adoption, which is what Ken said too about the third party, the park, and the couple. Logan's interview was very short, and that reporter directed it for what she wanted. I find Ken's unedited report much more comforting, and I personally think he is simply better equipped emotionally and experience wise to speak to the media. If it were me, talking about my kids, lord knows I would probably stutter and mispeak. I think Logan's doing the best he can, and really he said nothing in that interview that was any different to me than what Ken said. :)

On one of the video's and I think I HAVE watched them all...it says for that park..established April 9, 1979...maybe tomorrow will be an omen...maybe not..just hoping...if this is the park he was taken...maybe this will be the day he is found...Golly Bill, I sure hope so!

Let's say that Gabe was handed off in the park. Wouldn't LE have gone through her phone, all the numbers, and contacted those people? Just something to think about, but when she described the couple, she was vague too, so that doesn't bode well. I would imagine LE gone through her numbers on her cell thoroughly to see who he got handed off to, but at this point, no one yet to come forward. Just food for thought, something to think of. Let's hope someone saw something at the park that would assist LE in solving this case.

BBM --

LE definitely went through the phone she had on her when they found her, but that's not to say there weren't any other phones she had used - other cells, hotel phone, pay phone. There's probably a whole slew of clues on her laptop, which I'm sure will never be found.

She's been vague on everything, IF she's spoken. She isn't going to talk. Period. Any hope finding Gabe lies on the shoulders of LE, Mr.Gamble and any outsiders that may notice him.

BBM --

LE definitely went through the phone she had on her when they found her, but that's not to say there weren't any other phones she had used - other cells, hotel phone, pay phone. There's probably a whole slew of clues on her laptop, which I'm sure will never be found.

She's been vague on everything, IF she's spoken. She isn't going to talk. Period. Any hope finding Gabe lies on the shoulders of LE, Mr.Gamble and any outsiders that may notice him.

I agree with what you are saying. The only thing is Mr. Gamble said EJ was talking...now to what extent,we don't know....

I'm wondering if the reason why she was vague is because she can not remember? Perhaps she was drinking heavily and was depressed as this ariticle states? If she was drinking her memory of it all would not be very good. Depresssion can have that effect as well (bad memory- trying to forget).
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Mom's diary shows she was drunk, depressed, when Baby Gabriel was given to couple in Leon Valley Park

http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=119078&article=6940800

How would going through her phone numbers point to the couple, if the couple was arranged by a third party? She had no contact with them, doesn't know who they are, and maybe not even their names. She surely didn't have their numbers if she was given a place and a time to meet them, plus some "code" word, or something they would say to identify themselves as being from that 3rd party. The 3rd party was someone she trusted and was in contact with. So, I imagine LE does have their (the 3rd party's) information, just not necessarily the people they arranged to pick up Gabriel.

Also, like litlred said, she was not in a very good mental state to be remembering facts clearly. She probably would have had to write down the information or she would have forgotten it. I would be willing to bet she also wrote directions to the bus station, but that is MOO.

We don't know how "vague" she was with the description of the couple. We only know what has been released. Perhaps there is good reason not to release a full description. Maybe there is only suspicion as to whom they are, but LE needs something more concrete to go after them and a full description would scare them off and have them lawyering up? So we need a sighting, we need to still get the word out and get this thing done.

Does anyone know if there are flyers up in the park and in the area?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back