Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did hubby talk to the media?

Wow, Doug called everyday without fail, except for the day Venus went missing.

If it is the husband, I hope investigators take him on a one way flight back to Michigan real soon, in handcuffs and chains.
I really can't imagine who else it could be.

Venus' mother is saying ex-husband claims he was in VA at the time; she says he was allowed phone visitation and could call the kids once a day; the only day he missed calling the kids is the day Venus went missing. She says he usually called around 8pm.

on that day Venus went missing ex did not call and he usually called every day at around 8pm to talk to kids.

NG: asking Venus' mother how far ex-husband lives from family home in Michigan. She says about 10 hrs. away. NG reporter says ex has two witnesses who talked to LE and can verify he was in Newport News, VA. No specific information who these witnesses are or what time of day they can alibi him.

Her mother said, where were the vehicles? something along that line. That's been my question all along. Also, I'm beginning to question the "iron clad" alibi. In alot of cases it has been I was at home watching TV that sort of thing....but his is just pat, IMO, just wondering if this is a hired sort of murder? Now there looking at tire tracks? A similar vehicle was spotted in the area?

NG saying he called every evening around 8 pm.
He didn't call the eve she went missing
Still calls everyday since though
Mom doesn't talk to him
Has talked to NG producers
He's a truck driver
He delivers food to restaurants

NG: asking Venus' mother if she knows if ex was working the day Venus went missing. Mother says she doesn't know. She said he is a truck driver and has to stick to a delivery schedule. NG asked if someone else could've worked for him that day. She doesn't know.

Did I hear that Doug is a truck driver ....

He would have needed an alibi for the day before as well, with all of that driving...I still think if he was involved he almost had to have someone else go up there...he would have had to be out of area of his home for as long as 20 or more hours, assuming he saw his chance right away, and then hope his vehicle did not break down etc...it would take a lot of nerve to think you could travel that far and back, be gone that long and then still be alibied up.

gezzz why cant these people just divorce instead of opting for murder? Just my question and opinion on soooo many cases

He would have needed an alibi for the day before as well, with all of that driving...I still think if he was involved he almost had to have someone else go up there...he would have had to be out of area of his home for as long as 20 or more hours, assuming he saw his chance right away, and then hope his vehicle did not break down etc...it would take a lot of nerve to think you could travel that far and back, be gone that long and then still be alibied up.
I agree. One of NG's guests brought it up too that he'd have to be outside staking out the home waiting for the chance that she'd walk out and he could nab her. That could've taken hours just waiting, imo. MOO

If he worked on Monday, that would be easy enough for LE to check and he would have more than just two alibi witnesses (I would think). My guess is he went up there on the weekend (when he was off of work). Venus was taken early monday morning, at around 7:30, he could have been back on the road to VA not long after that. Investigators spoke to him on the phone late monday night (they didn't give an exact time).

Back to Venus' mother's comment about him not calling the kids the evening after she went missing; wouldn't LE have made contact with him by 8pm if Venus disappeared at 7:30am and the ex-husband was a POI in the family's mind immediately? Could that be why he didn't call? :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500