Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search of lake turns up no signs of missing mother
Comments 1 | Recommend 0
May 05, 2010 5:43 PM

COLON, Mich. (NEWSCHANNEL 3) – Another search has turned up no sign of a mother missing from St. Joseph County.

32-year-old Venus Stewart disappeared at the end of April from her parent's home in Colon Township. Investigators believe someone kidnapped her.

On Wednesday, Michigan State Police searched Adams Lake in Colon. They had searched the same area on foot earlier, but returned Wednesday with dive teams and sonar.

Adams Lake is only about four miles outside of Colon, not an easy place to find, but it is in the same general area where Stewart disappeared.

Around the time of Stewart's disappearance, something unusual happened in the area.

“Some guy came out of the woods, out of nowhere,” said Leana Powell, “came up behind me and asked, 'do you know where I am?'”
Powell reported that man to police.

Officials will neither confirm or deny whether that man was Venus' estranged husband, Douglas Stewart. Authorities have spoken to him in Virginia and say his alibi appears to check out

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/margin-1376107-bottom-newschannel.html

It is too bad that the sight of a man crouched down beside?/next to/inside of? truck did not alarm neighbor enough to call police. But I guess neighbor may be lucky he/she did not approach, who knows what might have happened.

I have such bad feelings about the women who have gone missing in the past month or so...Julie Gonzales in TX, Venus, Sunday in GA, Rachael Anderson and Phoung Lee. W/ Julie, Rachael and Venus, it seems domestic issues may have come back to haunt. With Sunday and Phoung-who knows. I wish all of the cases would get airtime and attention, there are so many I know it is not possible.

Sounding more and more like a recovery than a rescue. I sure hope I am wrong here. I would think that there would be some evidence in his truck if it was used.

I wonder if that is a mistake. From what I have read, the vehicles were registered to the husband and would be in VA.

Or maybe he had claimed they were "out of state," where his alibi was, which would be his excuse for not turning them over sooner? :waitasec:

Finally dribs and drabs of info are coming out. I'm just praying they find her and the family can have some resolution. They must be in agony.

Here's a Google Earth view of where Venus was living with her parents at 55000 Driftwood Drive. (Note the red marker.) Nobody heard her scream.​

Any idea the distance to the nearest homes? No one inside her house heard anything, I assume...​

I was checking to see if they have bears there, i suppose but didn't find anything. They definitely have cougars in that county.

:seeya: Nancy Grace is talking about Venus again tonight. Dive teams searching nearby lake. Crime lab techs heading to estranged husband's home in VA to process his vehicles.

NG: MSP sent dive teams into the lake using side-scan sonar. Reporter is saying the lake is about a mile from the house but would take about 20 min. to get there using access roads. Also showing home video just obtained of Venus.

NG: Venus' mother on the show again tonight. She's saying the children want to know where their mother is. Mother is distraught; saying "I don't know what's going to happen, I don't know what I'm going to do". :(

NG: talking to local reporter about tire tracks found in the field near the family home; reporter assumes molds have been taken by LE and sent to VA to determine if they matched. NG reporter saying they'd taken pictures, but went to VA for the actual tires to match.

Venus' mother is on again. NG wants to know what LE has been telling her. She says they haven't told her a lot, probably to protect their case. She doesn't understand a lot of things; including why ex-husband won't talk to LE but is talking to media.

Yes, there was a report today that said investigators have to go through the husbands attorney, if they want information.

Yes, there was a report today that said investigators have to go through the husbands attorney, if they want information.
Why am I not surprised. I just hope he didn't find a new set of tires for the truck since Venus was abducted.

NG: replaying Venus' father's statement how he discovered she was missing. :(

Caller who is a court reporter questions why there can't be more done to protect those who are in danger re: restraining orders issued, for cases you can tell are serious cases.

If it is the husband, I hope investigators take him on a one way flight back to Michigan real soon, in handcuffs and chains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname