Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 1 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I will have to watch Nancy at 11:00 13 year old has control of the TV right now and he wants no BOMBSHELL tonight ....

Police are making headway in their investigation into the disappearance of a southwest Michigan woman.

They now think they've found the vehicles they were looking for in connection with her possible abduction. Thirty-two-year-old Venus Rose Stewart has been missing since last week.

Police think her husband 29-year-old Douglas Stewart abducted her from her parents Colon Township home. Douglas Stewart was found in Virginia later in the week. Police are still looking for Venus.

http://www.wndu.com/localnews/headlines/92829904.html

Did anyone catch what was said, about a tarp or piece of plastic, on NG ?

Oops, I see you posted the same question Ruby.

I did not understand what they were saying about the plastic. It does sound like they have more info than we have heard.

police are testing truck
looking for any evidence ( soil )
that truck was in MI.
Her mother is heart broken
was crying on the show.

I am very suspicious of the timing. Who in heck would expect her to go outside at 7 o'clock in the morning. How long was he waiting outside and where was he hiding? He didn't just happen to come along when she went dashing out to the p.o. box. I just dont see him getting that lucky if he was there to grab her. So if she hadn't gone outside what exactly was his original plan?
Him being the perp makes sense but the layout of the crime doesn't.

Can someone post the transcript from tonight's NG? The news director from WKZO said that extended cab or "crew cab" trucks are rare, that to me is laughable. This is a very rural farm community (Colon Township) of about 3,400 people spread out over 36 square miles of sprawling farm land. Lots of people around here have these trucks. You could probably find 20 or 30 of them at the Walmart at any given time. They haul their kids, farm workers, family, etc. These vehicles are found all over in this area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colon_Township,_Michigan

I'm pretty sure I also heard him say the report was of a white truck in a field, but isn't the husband's silver? Most trucks will have very similar style treads on their tires, so no sense in worrying about that until they get them tested in person. Also, I agree with those above who didn't really take anything strange from the home videos, they seemed pretty normal to me.

I sure feel sorry for the parents of Venus, whatever has befallen her, it's obvious, they are suffering and we have them in our prayers.

The father speculated he was hiding behind a wood pile. I think he was stalking and just happened to get the opportunity when she came outside.

This could have ended up with a whole family murdered had he gotten into the house, possibly while they were sleeping and/or he was confronted.

I am very suspicious of the timing. Who in heck would expect her to go outside at 7 o'clock in the morning. How long was he waiting outside and where was he hiding? He didn't just happen to come along when she went dashing out to the p.o. box. I just dont see him getting that lucky if he was there to grab her. So if she hadn't gone outside what exactly was his original plan?
Him being the perp makes sense but the layout of the crime doesn't.
I don't know, but Venus's mother had just left for work. I would think he might know what time she leaves for work each day. Venus walked out of the house right after her mom went to work that morning, where she was taken. Venus's father was asleep. I imagine that the husband knows the parents schuedules as he and Venus used to live there in Michigan and were married for awhile.

Can someone post the transcript from tonight's NG? The news director from WKZO said that extended cab or "crew cab" trucks are rare, that to me is laughable. This is a very rural farm community (Colon Township) of about 3,400 people spread out over 36 square miles of sprawling farm land. Lots of people around here have these trucks. They haul their kids, farm workers, family, etc. These vehicles are found all over in this area.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colon_Township,_Michigan

I'm pretty sure I also heard him say the report was of a white truck in a field, but isn't the husband's silver? Most trucks will have very similar style treads on their tires, so no sense in worrying about that until they get them tested in person. Also, I agree with those above who didn't really take anything strange from the home videos, they seemed pretty normal to me.

I sure feel sorry for the parents of Venus, whatever has befallen her, it's obvious, they are suffering and we have them in our prayers.

I thought he meant that 4 door crew cabs were not as common vs. 2 door ones which are common.

Questions:

Does Doug have relatives living near Venus' parents?

Where were the two vehicles found?

Did Venus have possession of one of the vehicles after she left Doug or did he have possession of both vehicles before Venus disappeared?

Who is providing the alibi for Doug?

Could he have flown between Newport News and, say, Kalamazoo undetected?

So many questions about this guy that deserve answers. THIS ARTICLE flat-out says that police think that Doug abducted Venus. I think he did, too, but it'd be great to see someone dig a little bit and do more detailed reporting.

Questions:

Does Doug have relatives living near Venus' parents?

Where were the two vehicles found?

Did Venus have possession of one of the vehicles after she left Doug or did he have possession of both vehicles before Venus disappeared?

Who is providing the alibi for Doug?

Could he have flown between Newport News and, say, Kalamazoo undetected?

So many questions about this guy that deserve answers. THIS ARTICLE flat-out says that police think that Doug abducted Venus. I think he did, too, but it'd be great to see someone dig a little bit and do more detailed reporting.

That article also says (paraphrasing) that Venus was abducted last week and douglas was found later in the week. We already know he was reached by phone later that evening, so I wonder if it took LE days to physically locate him?
And yes I would love to see more detailed articles. This is c-rap that she's been gone this long and no one either in MI or VA has any lenghty reporting for this crime. I checked the VA papers last night and could'nt find anything re: douglas or the abduction. Where are the microphones being pushed at douglas asking where his wife(ex) is??
I pray Venus is found just tied up in his trunk alive but I fear after all the other alligations w/ him that he had no intentions of her staying alive. Especially after the alligations of abuse to one of their kids. Her parents feared he would just bust down the door one day and grab her, I don't doubt that either. Thank goodness he did'nt grab the kids too! imo
Praying this morning that Venus is found, unharmed and returned to her family.

Venus Stewart (PICTURES): Michigan Mom Feared Kidnapped from Parents' Home
May 5, 2010 6:50 AM

"There's been no sign, no word, no anything," Lt. Mike Risko told CBS affiliate WWMT. "It's as if she disappeared from the face of the earth."

snip

"There is evidence that there was a struggle," Lt. Risko told the station. "We do not believe she left of her own free will."

snip

Police say detectives are trying to determine Doug Stewart's alibi for April 26 and the days leading to Venus' disappearance. Lt. Risko says all investigators' contact with Doug Stewart is through his lawyer.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20004084-504083.html

New Information In Missing Bronson Grad Case
Posted Wednesday May 5, 2010 1 hour, 25 minutes ago

Information from a request for a warrant to inspect her husband’s pick-up truck obtained by CNN claims a truck like it was seen in the area on the morning of her disappearance. They want to compare tire tracks left at the scene and inspect it for evidence that it may have been in Michigan. Stewart insists he never left Virginia and State Police Lt. Michael Risko says for now his alibi checks out. The request was signed by the judge and filed on Monday.

http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/may/05/new-information-missing-bronson-grad-case/

Information from a request for a warrant to inspect her husband’s pick-up truck obtained by CNN claims a truck like it was seen in the area on the morning of her disappearance. They want to compare tire tracks left at the scene and inspect it for evidence that it may have been in Michigan. Stewart insists he never left Virginia and State Police Lt. Michael Risko says for now his alibi checks out. The request was signed by the judge and filed on Monday.

http://www.wtvbam.com/news/articles/2010/may/05/new-information-missing-bronson-grad-case/

That will at least confirm whether the truck was used.

I'd really like to know his alibi and who witnessed him in VA that morning.

Good. I hope they find a connection. This morning I saw the wndu article posted earlier, that is the first local coverage I've seen of this.

couple of more questions

We still don't know what she was mailing right ?

Since it seems husband had both cars. did she sometimes or regularly take her mom to work to keep her car ?

since it was said on nancy grace... she went to mail box as her mom was going to work.

I cant see this being a random act somebody had to know her schedule

if this turns out to be a random act, I guess i will change my routine, I usually go to the mail box at the same time. I live on a quiet street. so i quess it could happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona