OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that dogs not picking up any scent is not surprising. I believed in them until the Somer case, when apparently the dogs did not pick up a scent at the perps.

Where I live, we had a teen disappear this winter ,and he was tracked by dogs to a motel that he was staying at. That's it.

They found his body a couple of weeks ago in the water a short way from the motel. No foul play suspected. Very drunk. But, it just shows again on how you can't necessarily draw any conclusions from lack of dog finding a scent.

I don't think any screaming or drugging was involved. He just walked out with the perp or met the perp somewhere. Someone he trusted or someone who engaged him in some way, because he is a child, after all. Not enough abstract reasoning skills to necessarily see something is not right.

I sure wonder what the twitter meant about Friday being a weird day or whatever it said.

I would really appreciate if LE would say we have viable reason to believe that Kryson was abducted and in a vehichle heading towards WA, just saying they obviously have a ton of tips and of course most of them are probably nothing really to do with Kryson or much to go off. However, I live in WA, very close to the ID and OR border and would love to know if I should be on the lookout for a specific vehicle or the possibility that Kryson could be heading my direction.

OT, but I am required to be working mandatory overtime from home this week and I have spent my whole night on here instead, is that bad or good? I mean, I know the real answer, but bad I'm not getting my overtime in. Because I'm more concerned about the details of a missing, sweet, innocent little boy. :angel: Gotta go to bed now, my 4 year old and I will say another prayer for him tonight, hoping for his safe return by the time I wake up AGAIN. :banghead:

THANKFULLY, I'm not a mom...canine kids only.

However, I'm a proud auntie and I can tell you Science Fair or any type of school project time is NOT A FUN TIME in their house. Homework is painful enough!

Actually, IMO during such times there is more pressure on my sister than on either of my nieces, and as a result it's a far cry from fun.

Just saying....perception is a funny thing, right kids?

OT-My children are adults, and I was a teacher. I absolutely hated those projects that were assigned by teachers that involved parent participation.

When I was a child a million years ago, school was the child's job.

I prefer the work that looks like it was done by a 7 year old by himself. It's cute and sweet. And it's probably all his.

Just wondering, does anyone suppose 2 projects on the same topic could have created some "competition" ?

:waitasec:

I was thinking the same thing and wondering which one choose the red-eyed tree frog first for their project...

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro..._check_all_volunteers_under_test_program.html

This is a very interesting article about the lack of background checks of volunteers and chaperones - especially those that live within the district.

Edit: in hindsight, I find it creepy that this article is only six weeks old. Could a perp have gotten the idea from this article? Oh, good way to abduct a child - be a volunteer or chaperone for a busy event because you won't be checked.

I doubt a fellow 2nd-grader could pull of this type of a vanishing, but the parents of the kid with the less-impressive project...now that could be interesting...lots of competition at every age nowadays, IMO...

OT-My children are adults, and I was a teacher. I absolutely hated those projects that were assigned by teachers that involved parent participation.

When I was a child a million years ago, school was the child's job.

I prefer the work that looks like it was done by a 7 year old by himself. It's cute and sweet. And it's probably all his.

I used to tell my students that I'd rather give them an A for a project that they did than an F for a project their mother did.

It's easy to tell the difference.

I doubt a fellow 2nd-grader could pull of this type of a vanishing, but the parents of the kid with the less-impressive project...now that could be interesting...lots of competition at every age nowadays, IMO...

I believe we have seen that before, can't go find it right now, but yes could happen. Would fit along with the comments of the guy that saw a white truck on his road with female driver twice in one day. Anything is possible, which is what makes this hard to sleuth until we have more info from LE.

Woke up not long ago and was hoping for there to be some news that he was found safe :( Where could this little boy be? I can't recall many cases if any at all, where the authorities kept everything so hush hush. They won't even verify the last time he was seen for sure or by whom.

In a missing persons case, is it not the most important thing, when and where they were last seen. In this case we don't even know that for sure, let alone anything else. I am so hoping that this stays in the media, but as we all know here, if there is nothing new, they stop reporting.

Where could this little guy be? There is just not much anyone can do to help out, when nobody is sure but authorities, of what time this child was last seen for sure and where. I know what was released the other day in press conference, but then the one yesterday, didn't mention the late hours as the last time he was seen. Also yesterday unless I am wrong, they didnt say the south door of the school as last place seen.

http://www.oregonlive.com/hillsboro..._check_all_volunteers_under_test_program.html

This is a very interesting article about the lack of background checks of volunteers and chaperones - especially those that live within the district.

Edit: in hindsight, I find it creepy that this article is only six weeks old. Could a perp have gotten the idea from this article? Oh, good way to abduct a child - be a volunteer or chaperone for a busy event because you won't be checked.
On the Channel 12 10 O'Clock News it was reported the school says all employees and I think volunteers too go thru background checks. Interesting, eh? I wonder about that general statement.

BTW, that was the only thing of interest in their whole spot on Kyron. So now to wait 1/2 hour for KOIN's spot on him w/ info on the 'suspicious Friday'. I did give KOIN a jingle to no avail. lol

On the topic of the white truck sighting... it's marked on my map. I located the address for J Kelley...deets are on the placemark note.

Also found where Salmonberry intersects with HWY 26. Also on the map. Salmonberry is a dirt road where it intersects with 26 and isn't labeled on any of the map sites (google, bing) at the intersection. Those mountain roads are crazy to follow, but I found the intersection by following 26 in street view, using directions to the turn-off, and comparing it to the view in the video.

I keep maps on all cases, so I hope no one thinks that I'm trying to take over that job. Just wanted to post this because I found those two locations.

You may have to zoom out to see the Salmonberry Road location... it's marked with a magenta pin.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...45.89861,-123.41217&spn=2.301411,4.092407&z=8

I think that dogs not picking up any scent is not surprising. I believed in them until the Somer case, when apparently the dogs did not pick up a scent at the perps.

Where I live, we had a teen disappear this winter ,and he was tracked by dogs to a motel that he was staying at. That's it.

They found his body a couple of weeks ago in the water a short way from the motel. No foul play suspected. Very drunk. But, it just shows again on how you can't necessarily draw any conclusions from lack of dog finding a scent.

I don't think any screaming or drugging was involved. He just walked out with the perp or met the perp somewhere. Someone he trusted or someone who engaged him in some way, because he is a child, after all. Not enough abstract reasoning skills to necessarily see something is not right.

I sure wonder what the twitter meant about Friday being a weird day or whatever it said.

Can someone please say or half say what the twitter said? I still haven't seen that and the link didn't work, would love to see what the comment was.

Police say that 60% of the parents at the school have come forward voluntarily to be interviewed.

That leaves the 40% of the parents who haven't made themselves available to police for an interview.

Sickening.

I think that the little boy in the other red-eyed frog project is one of Kyron's good friends. There are photos of him bowling with Kyron.

I really don't think that Kyron's disappearance has anything to do with his project, be it better or worse, than the other kid's.

Can someone please say or half say what the twitter said? I still haven't seen that and the link didn't work, would love to see what the comment was.

Says that a kid on the bus said that kyron not being on the bus was suspicious...details at eleven.

Sounds mostly like a teaser, IMO.

Woke up not long ago and was hoping for there to be some news that he was found safe :( Where could this little boy be? I can't recall many cases if any at all, where the authorities kept everything so hush hush. They won't even verify the last time he was seen for sure or by whom.

In a missing persons case, is it not the most important thing, when and where they were last seen. In this case we don't even know that for sure, let alone anything else. I am so hoping that this stays in the media, but as we all know here, if there is nothing new, they stop reporting.

Where could this little guy be? There is just not much anyone can do to help out, when nobody is sure but authorities, of what time this child was last seen for sure and where. I know what was released the other day in press conference, but then the one yesterday, didn't mention the late hours as the last time he was seen. Also yesterday unless I am wrong, they didnt say the south door of the school as last place seen.
Hi Dimples, As I've learned thru studying so many cases here, LE puts out info on a need to know basis to the public. They use the media as a tool to further their investigation. If not much is put out they most likely don't think the public can help

I do think in Kyron's case they need a call from some citizen about info they are looking for. I get the feeling they know who that person is and are trying to draw him out. They mentioned that in the broadcast, waiting for a certain call to hopefully come in that would in essence tell them where Kyron is. xox IMO

Hi Dimples, As I've learned thru studying so many cases here, LE puts out info on a need to know basis to the public. They use the media as a tool to further their investigation. If not much is put out they most likely don't think the public can help

I do think in Kyron's case they need a call from some citizen about info they are looking for. I get the feeling they know who that person is and are trying to draw him out. They mentioned that in the broadcast, waiting for a certain call to hopefully come in that would in essence tell them where Kyron is. xox IMO

I sure hope so, I don't care if they release anything at all...I just hope and pray they have more than what they appear to have. This child needs to be brought home.

On the topic of the white truck sighting... it's marked on my map. I located the address for J Kelley...deets are on the placemark note.

Also found where Salmonberry intersects with HWY 26. Also on the map. Salmonberry is a dirt road where it intersects with 26 and isn't labeled on any of the map sites (google, bing) at the intersection. Those mountain roads are crazy to follow, but I found the intersection by following 26 in street view, using directions to the turn-off, and comparing it to the view in the video.

I keep maps on all cases, so I hope no one thinks that I'm trying to take over that job. Just wanted to post this because I found those two locations.

You may have to zoom out to see the Salmonberry Road location... it's marked with a magenta pin.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...45.89861,-123.41217&spn=2.301411,4.092407&z=8
You are always awesome Pufnstuf with all you do here at WS in your Sleuthing !!! Ya Ya

I just hope media is not looking for sensation by interviewing kids from the school. After something of this magnitute, kids tend to exagerate to have the spotlight and will embellish minor incidents into omionous events. Also with LE releasing so little info, I doubt they will appreciate it either, if that is what happens. If any locals see this tonight, please report back, thanks.

It has come to my attention there have been some questions regarding the appropriate posting and discussion regarding registered sex offenders and rumors.

There is a sticky thread in the top portion of the missing located discussion forum with rules regarding both.

Please make sure you read and familiarize yourself with the rules regarding posting about RSO's and rumors.

Here is the link:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91068&highlight=locals+posting

If you have further questions, please contact one of the forum moderators - you can find their names in the lower right corner of the main missing located discussion forum.

Thank you!
Cubby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members