OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
She has been there. It's been reported in the news and one of the local reporters talked to her yesterday.

She and her husband (who is a police officer btw)
are looking to find temporary housing in the area, so I think they are heading there for awhile. I saw that on FB today where one of her friends were asking if any realtors had any available that they could rent.

Well, it sounds like the Mother is willing to do whatever necessary to find her son. It has got to be hard to pack enough things up to move 4-5 hours away from your home, for who knows how long. So far she seems like a good person to me, nothing out of the ordinary from what has been reported.

I would like to add here that I fully believe if my son went missing, people that do not know me would be all up in my business dissecting every little thing I do and don't do, my past, my FB or MS pages, my demeanor, what I was doing prior to and after his disappearance. It is human instinct to want to know these things when LE has not given us any sort of ideas as to what they are thinking

Nothing that's been said here about family members comes close to the level of accusatory interrogation that's standard for LE to do on family members in cases like this. By the time somebody's actually been through something like this, as a close relative of a missing or murdered person, nothing they're going to see on discussion forums or news comment sites is going to get them upset. They got upset when they were asked point blank by a LEO if they abducted and killed their own child, or if they know any reason their spouse would have wanted to kill their child, etc. It moves the threshold for what's upsetting.

I would hope that someone would give them a room/apartment for awhile. I would, if I had an apartment or extra room there. Surely there's somebody in Portland with a guesthouse that they can make available to them.

Especially if her husband is a cop. There's got to be a bunch of willing people there right now. As long as they have the space. One of those cops has to also have a rental property, or a family member who does.

Police say that 60% of the parents at the school have come forward voluntarily to be interviewed.

That leaves the 40% of the parents who haven't made themselves available to police for an interview.

Sickening.

I wouldn't jump to label it "sickening" yet. It maybe that a lot of those simply asked for a later interview date, due to work obligations, religious observances on Sunday, etc. And the 40% may largely (or even entirely) be parents who were not at the school Friday morning. If Kyron's family was representative, then only 50% of parents (assuming two-parent families) would even have been at the school -- and most who weren't were probably documentably at work. If any who *were* at the school Friday morning haven't been interviewed yet, or at least had a phone call with police and given a very good reason for needing a later date for the full blown interview, they've pretty much signed themselves up for the suspect list.

Hi Mcfacetious, It was a bit disappointing as that was it. The friend saying the fact Kyron wasn't on the bus in itself was suspicious.

The friend told how Kyron never missed riding the bus, was always there and how he enjoyed talking to him.

I can not believe the school did not call Kyron's house when he wasn't there for roll call at the beginning of his class. My grandaughter went to the oldest grade school in SW Portland, but my, they were right on everything. If the student was not there within a short time after school started there was a call made to the students home from the attendance secy. I thought that was pretty normal in grade school. xox

Hi Mcfacetious, It was a bit disappointing as that was it. The friend saying the fact Kyron wasn't on the bus in itself was suspicious.

The friend told how Kyron never missed riding the bus, was always there and how he enjoyed talking to him.

That's asinine... in the morning Kyron had his science project and couldn't ride the bus. In the afternoon he had already been missing for 6.5 hours! Of course he wasn't on the bus.

They are really grasping at straws for news here. That isn't suspicious, it's an obviously known fact that he wasn't on the bus. Most definitely not worth putting a child on the news for. :waitasec:

I wouldn't jump to label it "sickening" yet. It maybe that a lot of those simply asked for a later interview date, due to work obligations, religious observances on Sunday, etc. And the 40% may largely (or even entirely) be parents who were not at the school Friday morning. If Kyron's family was representative, then only 50% of parents (assuming two-parent families) would even have been at the school -- and most who weren't were probably documentably at work. If any who *were* at the school Friday morning haven't been interviewed yet, or at least had a phone call with police and given a very good reason for needing a later date for the full blown interview, they've pretty much signed themselves up for the suspect list.

Possibly there might be some innocent parents who don't know Kyron, don't remember seeing him and don't think they saw anybody or anything suspicious or know anything that could help and think they can't help the police so there's no rush to be interviewed. But of course any small thing they remember might turn out to be helpful.

That's asinine... in the morning Kyron had his science project and couldn't ride the bus. In the afternoon he had already been missing for 6.5 hours! Of course he wasn't on the bus.

They are really grasping at straws for news here. That isn't suspicious, it's an obviously known fact that he wasn't on the bus. Most definitely not worth putting a child on the news for. :waitasec:

I'm thinking there could be an outcry from parents on waiting till the school day is over before calling the home to inform the parent/s.

Whoops, the school never called the home. The SM called to report he never got home. It is hard to believe that happened even tho it was a busy day for the school what with the science fair and the talent show.

It was brought up in the newscast that all personnel at the school are given a police record check and that the school is making some changes in how they do things. PR after the fact I think, as with parents very concerned now about safety for their children, I bet the district was flooded with calls today !!! IMO

Possibly there might be some innocent parents who don't know Kyron, don't remember seeing him and don't think they saw anybody or anything suspicious or know anything that could help and think they can't help the police so there's no rush to be interviewed. But of course any small thing they remember might turn out to be helpful.

One of things I'm sure investigators were doing was trying to piece together who was where at the school that morning, and who's giving an accurate account of their own whereabouts. Not just who saw Kyron and where and when, but who saw Joe's dad where and when, who saw Mary's mom where and when, who saw 8th grader Jim where and when. And also matching up people's stories of where *they* were and when -- e.g. if Joe's dad said he left the school at 8:30 and never saw Kyron at all, but Mary's mom is sure she saw Joe's dad in the hallway a little after she left Mary in her classroom at 8:45, and Mike's dad doesn't know who Joe or Joe's dad are but a picture on his camera shows Joe's dad in the hallway with a janitor in the background who didn't arrive until a few minutes before 9:00 . . . well, investigators are going to want to have a second, extra-special chat with Joe's dad.

So I'm sure investigators are making an urgent priority of interviewing every parent who was at the school Friday morning. But other parents, who say they weren't there, and who nobody else is saying they saw there, and who can be documented to have been elsewhere at the time, they may not really care about interviewing at all, unless it's clear they have some connection to Kyron or to a child who knows Kyron. Could well be that close to 40% of the parents are on the "not-a-priority" list. I'm not sure police ever said they planned to interview every single parent who has a child at the school -- just all the parents and children who were at the school Friday morning.

Exactly. Even if the parents don't think they know anything helpful the things they've seen and the things they haven't seen may be significant for the police when they put the whole jigsaw together because they have access to other people's accounts and can see the inconsistencies.

Hopefully there are some good witnesses there. I would be hard pressed to tell you where I was Friday morning at 8:45 am, let alone Joe's dad.

WAIT WHAT???? I thought she was already there??? Why did she wait 5 days to go down there???
Alright I have got to go to bed, maybe I can squeeze in a whole 4 hours sleep tonight:woohoo:

IIRC, it was reported she was there. Perhaps she had to travel home and is coming back.

Police say that 60% of the parents at the school have come forward voluntarily to be interviewed.That leaves the 40% of the parents who haven't made themselves available to police for an interview.

Sickening.

I watched the press conference live. That's not exactly what happened ... Gates was asked how many they'd interviewed and he seemed to be grasping a bit, said it was over 60%, but went on to clarify that they're talking about 300 families, he wasn't sure exactly how many, it's an involved process, that some may not have been aware, etc. (these people came in on Sunday) He was confident they'd get to them all and did not once give the impression that parents and staff were being anything but fully cooperative and there was no indication that anyone was intentionally not making themselves available to be interviewed.

I'd like confirmation on whether Kyron was really supposed to be in the talent show. I just have my doubts on that one.

I talk to myself in real life... why not online? :waitasec:

On the twitter page it simply says that the child says Kyron's empty bus seat on Friday was very suspicious.

http://twitter.com/JoelIwanagakoin

What? His Mom took him to school, how was that suspicious? :waitasec:

Sensationalizing much?

I took it to mean his empty seat for the ride home.

June 7, 2010

Please understand that this is the only type of comment I can give you at this time:
I obviously cannot comment on Kyron or the ongoing investigation.
However, on behave of Kyron’s family we would like to thank you. The incredible support we have received is overwhelming. To the numerous agencies, search and rescue teams and the community there are no words to express the gratitude we feel. You have worked tirelessly on Kyron’s behalf and continue you to do so. At this point the most important thing is to get his picture out there. We encourage everyone if you would like to help this is what you can do. Print out his flyer, put it on the counter of every business you go into. Kyron needs to be seen. Above all do not give up hope, as we certainly never will. He is out there and we are going to find him and bring him home safe where he belongs.
Kelly Ramirez

http://www.katu.com/news/95808084.html

Nothing that's been said here about family members comes close to the level of accusatory interrogation that's standard for LE to do on family members in cases like this. By the time somebody's actually been through something like this, as a close relative of a missing or murdered person, nothing they're going to see on discussion forums or news comment sites is going to get them upset. They got upset when they were asked point blank by a LEO if they abducted and killed their own child, or if they know any reason their spouse would have wanted to kill their child, etc. It moves the threshold for what's upsetting.

Yeah but we're not LE, and LE doesn't post on the internet where cruel allegations and insults are public for a long, long time.

I watched the press conference live. That's not exactly what happened ... Gates was asked how many they'd interviewed and he seemed to be grasping a bit, said it was over 60%, but went on to clarify that they're talking about 300 families, he wasn't sure exactly how many, it's an involved process, that some may not have been aware, etc. (these people came in on Sunday) He was confident they'd get to them all and did not once give the impression that parents and staff were being anything but fully cooperative and there was no indication that anyone was intentionally not making themselves available to be interviewed.

An update, as of 7 pm last night.

Capt. Jason Gates said the search for Kyron Horman would continue for the day until dark. He said investigators have conducted about 60 percent (updated number as of 7 p.m. was 90 percent) of interviews with parents, staff and students, and he said the aim is to interview everyone.

http://www.katu.com/news/95808084.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member