Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Flow. Here's the problem I'm having with Steph Watts at this point. I've been reading on another site where he's claiming to have all kinds of inside information that he's just bursting at the seams to tell but isn't able to divulge just yet :rolleyes: - giving the impression that something big is about to happen in Aruba. Now, maybe he really does and maybe he doesn't, but IF he does, then he should keep his mouth shut until he's ready to spill it, IMO. It may very well be that something is going on in Aruba that we haven't been privy to. I certainly hope so. But rather than getting my hopes up on a tease with, "I know something you don't know", I'll wait until I hear something more reliable.

Why didn't Terror Jaap turn over this map before now? And why would he turn it over to Steph Watts rather than turn it over to the authorities or to Tim Miller himself? He seems like the kind of guy that would want the credit for it himself. Just some things that make me wonder.

:clap: :clap:

Lannie, sorry to break it to you but Peru is a spanish speaking country. You are thinking of Brazil, the only country in South America that is portuguese speaking. I have visited Peru several times and I speak that language there. Even in Iquitos in the Amazon jungle, at Cusco over the Andes and everywhere else.

Of course they also speak Portuguese in Portugal.

Aruba: The Calm Before the Storm:

I know that authorities in Peru are working very hard to get the information they need from Van Der Sloot about where Natalee’s body is. There are alot of things I can’t discuss now. I feel like the kid they sat down in front of a giant birthday cake — the adults tell him not to touch the cake — then leave to room.

http://stephww.wordpress.com/2010/06/13/aruba-the-calm-before-the-storm/

:rolleyes:

Exactly! I completely agree.
He was perhaps briefed by the first public defender, about the sentences for various types of crimes, and admissions. He knows that he wants to move his case, in a very specific direction.

JVDS' answers the questions, in ways that support a lesser offense. I think he even took a stab (sorry, bad choice of words) at a lame @ss self=defense story. As in, she hit me in the head, I simply reacted/defended myself.

Ridiculous Details - Brand Names, Dropping Names, etc.
I am getting in this intervew, that when he wants to avoid answering a question truthfully, he begins to kill time, by going into ridiculous detail about something, like the brandname of clothing, or some other extraneous detail. It is an old technique, used to convince someone that you are so truthful, that you are wanting to give them every little detail. No matter how mundane it seems. He wants to appear to be painstakingly thorough.

Robbing a Dead Body
I wish that this enhanced the charges. I would think that in Peru, this would be a heinous offense, as it parallels grave robbing.

Thanks for mentioning the Portuguese. My google was not translating the Spanish. When I put in Portuguese it worked!

Natalee Holloway's father seeks answers in Aruba

2 hours ago

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — Natalee Holloway's father was back in Aruba on Monday, hoping the suspect in his daughter's disappearance has provided local authorities with new clues since being arrested for the killing of a 21-year-old woman in Peru.
Dave Holloway planned to discuss the latest developments with prosecutors and investigators at a meeting Tuesday, said Tim Miller, a friend and the founder of Texas EquuSearch, a group that has repeatedly searched for the missing Alabama woman since her disappearance in 2005. He had previously said they would discuss the case Monday but the meeting was postponed for unknown reasons.

Exactly! I completely agree.
He was perhaps briefed by the first public defender, about the sentences for various types of crimes, and admissions. He knows that he wants to move his case, in a very specific direction.

JVDS' answers the questions, in ways that support a lesser offense. I think he even took a stab (sorry, bad choice of words) at a lame @ss self=defense story. As in, she hit me in the head, I simply reacted/defended myself.

Ridiculous Details - Brand Names, Dropping Names, etc.
I am getting in this intervew, that when he wants to avoid answering a question truthfully, he begins to kill time, by going into ridiculous detail about something, like the brandname of clothing, or some other extraneous detail. It is an old technique, used to convince someone that you are so truthful, that you are wanting to give them every little detail. No matter how mundane it seems. He wants to appear to be painstakingly thorough.

Robbing a Dead Body
I wish that this enhanced the charges. I would think that in Peru, this would be a heinous offense, as it parallels grave robbing.

So true!!!!!!!!!!!!! In that OTHER case, CAnthony, the family goes into minute detail but of things you don't need to hear or know,lol

On JVM - like to see autopsy to corroborate all the blood in the room. Panel doesn't think its all from SF's nose being broken.

2 hours ago

ORANJESTAD, Aruba — Natalee Holloway's father was back in Aruba on Monday, hoping the suspect in his daughter's disappearance has provided local authorities with new clues since being arrested for the killing of a 21-year-old woman in Peru.
Dave Holloway planned to discuss the latest developments with prosecutors and investigators at a meeting Tuesday, said Tim Miller, a friend and the founder of Texas EquuSearch, a group that has repeatedly searched for the missing Alabama woman since her disappearance in 2005. He had previously said they would discuss the case Monday but the meeting was postponed for unknown reasons.

Thank you.

(If I'm wrong about Steph Watts I'll publicly eat my proverbial hat.)

I'll probably get laughed out of town for repeating this rumor. But a friend who lives in and around BH, said that the companion was none other than Patsy Ramsey's (sp?) husband.

I can't even begin to say how odd, but at the same time, understandable, this union might be.

It's not a rumor, I understand it is true.

2 hours ago

IMO, if Mr. Holloway wanted to know if there were any new clues regarding Natalie's disappearance etc, then he should have gone to Peru. Mr. Holloway could have been Joran's Sunday visitor.

FLNY replying to your post #805 a Peruvian LE officer said LE believes Joran was setting up an alibi in the coffee fiasco. I said that in another post.

I don't think Joran just first noticed the camera when his wrist went limp. I think he knew it was there all along. Hence his lame theatrics of trying to set up a bogus alibi specifically for the camera.

There would be no point in his doing it if the camera wasn't there to record it. That's my thoughts.

Maybe his wrist always goes limp when he's knocking on a door. We can't know if that's true or not since we don't have a video of every time he knocks on doors throughout his life for comparison sake. Personally I think it's just the way he knocks on doors. Not saying I'm right, just saying that's what I think.

Dear friends of websleuths the language spoken & writen in Peru is Portugal I have a very good many friends from there & they can speak very easly to my Mexican friends who do speak Spanish the language is similer but I was told that their language is Portugies ,the peruvin people are a very smart, sweet culture

I'm sorry and no disrespect to you..Spanish is the official language of Peru. I speak Spanish and have been able to understand completely ALL the videos and newscasts coming out of Peruvian TV.

Thank you.

(If I'm wrong about Steph Watts I'll publicly eat my proverbial hat.)

It's no secret that JVDS wants to be transferred to another prison. This journalist is not the only one privy to that information. We all know with exchange of credible information, that maybe, I mean maybe JVDS will spill the beans. TM and DH are waiting for the go ahead to start searching. But Steph Watts, knows no more or less. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee