LE Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my mind, Friday afternoon press conferences can be as significant as the Friday afternoon "doc dumps" that we've seen in another high profile case ;) jmo

Watching HLN right now....they said they are getting a live update in a few moments from one of their affiliates. They also mentioned the upcoming presser in a few hours.

HLN is going to have an update in a minute.

HLN just reported that a report from their Portland affiliate is coming up. However, it will be a 'few' more hours before the PC.

There is only the general "Is there any additional information about 6/4/10 you believe is important....." with suspicious persons and vehicles included in there.

I would think there would be a specific question of "Did you see any suspicious people or vehicles that did not appear to be with a specific child or doing any job?" Some type of question like that.

They seem to have pretty much eliminated a stranger/predator abduction from what this says. Unless they plan to send out another flier later. That's what it seems to me. :waitasec:

I think the pictures they posted are really telling....

They look to be trying to tie those 3 things together.

MOO

Great catch, Jetaime.

The flyer tells us the focus of LE's investigation.

Curious that they state the pics of SM are POST 6/4/10.

Was her appearance different before that, or are those the most current pics in the public domain?

Heartbreaking.

I feel sick to my stomach. I hope this is the end and hope it isn't the end at the same time.

I think there's a good chance the presser is going to leave the major questions unanswered but we'll see.

It seems odd they are asking if SM was seen at and or around the school on that date. Like they can not confirm she was there. Maybe the reports that she was seen by other adults at the school is wrong and the photo was taken the day before. IDK. it would be nice to find out when the projects was set up in the room and what Kyron wore to school the 3rd.

Maybe LE is hoping that "the perp" will turn him/herself in before an arrest needs to take place. jmo

It seems odd they are asking if SM was seen at and or around the school on that date. Like they can not confirm she was there. Maybe the reports that she was seen by other adults at the school is wrong and the photo was taken the day before.

They don't ask what time or where they saw Terri or the Ford Truck like they do with Kyron. I was thinking maybe it was the time line that was in question with Terri but if that was the case then the time people saw her or the truck would be important I would think? :waitasec:

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/police_issue_questionnaire_ask.html

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is distributing a flyer showing photos of Kyron Horman's stepmother and the type of pick-up truck she is believed to have driven on the day the 7-year-old disappeared from his school.
A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office declined to answer questions about the flyer or whether Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, is considered a person-of-interest in the investigation. She said Capt. Gates will respond to questions at a 2 p.m. briefing.
<snip>

I'm still wondering why this flyer does not ask if anyone saw Kyron actually in that truck at school, or Terri in that truck at school or both of them in that truck at school and when.

The questions never quite get to the point.

If we have already have Terri at school, and admitting this, and Kyron at school at school, with Terri saying yes, I brought him - and we know this to be true given previous witness accounts - which is why we SAR'd for Kyron for 10 days ... what are we looking for with this line of questioning.

To refine timeframe?

If we have Terri at school by witness accounts, of couse she drove there. Do they think she walked there? I mean, why wouldn't the truck be at school? Do they think she got into another vehicle and left the truck there for a time?

Did Terri deny using the truck that morning?

I wish I hadn't eaten so many brownies today...

OMG! After reading the questionaire I understand why inferences are being made and the conflicting news reports. Maybe this is just another step in the investigation which I hoped would not have to happen. Pressing questions to say the least.

wm

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/police_issue_questionnaire_ask.html

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is distributing a flyer showing photos of Kyron Horman's stepmother and the type of pick-up truck she is believed to have driven on the day the 7-year-old disappeared from his school.
A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office declined to answer questions about the flyer or whether Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, is considered a person-of-interest in the investigation. She said Capt. Gates will respond to questions at a 2 p.m. briefing.
<snip>

Oh good. Capt. Gates will respond to questions!

*starts list of questions*

<snip>
Let's hope their response isn't "NO COMMENT"!!!!

:D

I think the reason for the questionairre is to ask the Skyline school community to focus on any memories of a particular vehicle, and a particular person on the day Kyron went missing, hence the attached photos.

LE has the POI's statement or statements and other evidence they have gathered. They want to try to collect statements that would refute or corroborate that statement.

A lot of people must be hurting right now. Prayers.

Did Terri deny using the truck that morning?

They don't ask about the Mustang... which in my opinion would be useful. People would be more likely to remember that. If nobody saw that, yet she was there... then she would have to have gotten there some other way. Which would be most likely to be the truck.

(For the record I drive an extended cab white truck, just not a Ford.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NurseTM