LE Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having palpitations... Think I'll light a candle and come back in a few. :(

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

That's what they're applying to Terri. Of the dozens of photos they could have used of her on that flyer, look at the two they chose.

I totally agree. I think that is exactly what they are doing, along with trying to further back up what they already know :(

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

That's what they're applying to Terri. Of the dozens of photos they could have used of her on that flyer, look at the two they chose.

But the flyer pics were taken at the news conference and are therefor in the public domain.

What other pics of her could have been used?

I can't imagine that they asked her to supply them with pics from her personal collection to put on a.........questionairre. Right?

Tell us what you're thinking--it sounds interesting.

Given that the local LE has not really disclosed much info in the past pressers, nor have they been willing to take questions (or at least provide answers), I'm sure they'll make some short, generic (pointless perhaps) statement about this flyer and their need for information and then won't answer anything.

I've noticed in past cases that when a missing person is found there are helicopters and all sorts of activity that is not orchestrated by LE. This presser is being orchestrated. They're trying to give the impression they're being open/forthcoming when they're not (and don't plan to be).

They're playing a game. The LE-PR game.

IMHO, of course.

no kidding. they really should have included one of her smiling. She likely had a "good morning" smile on. the photos they chose reveal a tactic, IMO.

I wonder if they've lawyered up yet. This is a quite the poignant flyer. ugh.

I think Mike Shults deserves an Academy Award for his appearances at the pressers.

Also - given the rumors lately, LE would have known this would certainly add fuel to the fire, and wouldn't have released the questionnaire hours before an explanation if it's innocent; otherwise, why not do the presser and *then* release the questionnaire? MOO

I am still just amazed that they could recover a body without the media seeing it. I am so used to cases where they are there recording as the body is pulled out. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea. But, the media has been exceptionally strange and distant in this case. They have been quite respectful of law enforcement's requests, so anything is possible.

I just think I'll be stunned if we ever get real, tangible information at a press conference. :waitasec:

I think you are right.

I saw a remark last night by someone on the dive team that he had been found. Then the guy immediately came back and said that he couldn't confirm that.

I really hope that he is found. There's really no chance that he's alive. He's probably been dead since the morning he went missing. Bless that little kid...he never deserved this.

But the flyer pics were taken at the news conference and are therefor in the public domain.

I can't imagine that they asked her to supply them with pics from her personal collection to put on a.........questionairre. Right?

They chose the photos of her "comforting" Kyron's parents.

They could have used her driver's license photos. They could have used photos of her standing at the presser looking forward.

But they CHOSE the photos of her comforting the parents of the child who is missing.

There's a reason they chose those two photos.

I think it's kinda weird they're asking if people saw Terri at the school. Hasn't that already been confirmed that she was there by other people. Shouldn't they be asking did you see Terri leave the school and was she alone? I don't know, but this thing just tells me LE is basically back to square one.

I don't imagine LE is going to tell us much. My guess is they'll tell us that the stepmother is not a suspect at this time; they are continuing to pursue all available avenues of investigation; the flyer is being used for routine followup; Kyron's body has not been found; please continue to call in all tips, no matter how insignificant. I think they're just caving in to pressure to address the rumors. I really hope it's something more than that, but my hopes are not high given the general refusal of LE to give out any information in this case by history.

Well, the fact that they didn't ask her for one that says something about their intent, right? Maybe that it wasn't a helpful, hey we just want to throw some questions out there to generate leads, what picture do you want us to use?

They don't ask about the Mustang... which in my opinion would be useful. People would be more likely to remember that. If nobody saw that, yet she was there... then she would have to have gotten there some other way. Which would be most likely to be the truck.

(For the record I drive an extended cab white truck, just not a Ford.)

It is possible that they have verified the Mustang to have been somewhere else that morning/day (for example, maybe video of it in the Intel lot).

That's what I thought... I mean, they've been around them constantly and could have had other photos, but they put THOSE on there. eesh.

I completely understand why LE did not use other pictures that would suggest a smiley happy situation, because it isn't, KWIM?

Regarding the press conference I don't think the fat lady is singing yet, but I think she's back stage and warming up. JMO.

I am not really expecting to learn much...but will be relieved if we do. Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed, I guess...

I am still just amazed that they could recover a body without the media seeing it. I am so used to cases where they are there recording as the body is pulled out. I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the idea. But, the media has been exceptionally strange and distant in this case. They have been quite respectful of law enforcement's requests, so anything is possible.

I just think I'll be stunned if we ever get real, tangible information at a press conference. :waitasec:

I completely agree with this. As much as the media seems to have dropped their coverage the past few days, wouldn't one of them have noticed if an ME or coroner randomly arrived at the entrance to Sauvie Island?

I hope this press conference brings information.

I will not be watching it live. My girls and I will be playing with frogs while it is happening. I will catch up later. :)

They chose the photos of her "comforting" Kyron's parents.

They could have used her driver's license photos. They could have used photos of her standing at the presser looking forward.

But they CHOSE the photos of her comforting the parents of the child who is missing.

There's a reason they chose those two photos.

Wow puf. Fascinating observation. You are so right.

Thanks for spelling it out for me.

Chilling.

I really can't understand why SM would be considered a suspect in this case. I thought it was decided that the way people react to stress varies. It was normal for her to talk about "clean sheets", go the gym, play Facebook games, run from cameras, etc . . .

This seems like a witch hunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member