LE Press Conferences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is odd they didn't use a better face-shot picture of terri.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/police_issue_questionnaire_ask.html

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office is distributing a flyer showing photos of Kyron Horman's stepmother and the type of pick-up truck she is believed to have driven on the day the 7-year-old disappeared from his school.
A spokeswoman for the sheriff's office declined to answer questions about the flyer or whether Kyron's stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, is considered a person-of-interest in the investigation. She said Capt. Gates will respond to questions at a 2 p.m. briefing.
<snip>

BBM and Made large by me.

ABOUT TIME!!!

I think there's a good chance the presser is going to leave the major questions unanswered but we'll see.

I agree. I think it will be a plea to encourage attendees of the SF to fill out the questionaire. Maybe LE is looking out for who DOESN'T respond but they have evidence of the person being on school grounds. JMO.

wm

It is interesting they are alluding to the possibility she was seen driving the white pickup at the school. They know she was there at around 8am. It makes sense she was driving the pickup then to have space for Kyron's project. That would be common knowledge, right? I'm wondering if they believe she was at the school in that truck around 9am when he vanished !

Hope that's OK to write here xox

I think there's a good chance the presser is going to leave the major questions unanswered but we'll see.

ITA. Or we'll get a lecture directed at the public and of course bloggers for assuming that SM is the focus of that questionaire. My butt hurts already from the spanking I'm expecting from LE!

Just got done reading and looking at pictures on questionair, I get the feeling they are just sealing the time line with as many witnesses as they can gather because I would think some of these facts are not in dispute. It does seem very obvious where the investigation is going, toward SM.

JMO

If we have Terri at school by witness accounts, of couse she drove there. Do they think she walked there? I mean, why wouldn't the truck be at school? Do they think she got into another vehicle and left the truck there for a time?

Did Terri deny using the truck that morning?

I wish I hadn't eaten so many brownies today...

This is what I'm wondering. If she claimed she drove the Mustang and they are trying to see if that lines up with what witnesses saw.

Oh good. Capt. Gates will respond to questions!

*starts list of questions*

Edit: Capt Gates will respond to questions with:

No comment... I can't answer that... I can't talk about that... I won't comment on that.

That is just my guess. If I'm wrong, I will be stunned yet thrilled for some answers. I'm also glad it's Gates, I like him.

Hey, we can e-mail our responses.

(j/k)

but families can just e-mail. is that rather odd? not exactly quality controlled response.

I suppose no worse than any e-mailed tip... :waitasec:

Pressure, pressure, pressure.

That's what they're applying to Terri. Of the dozens of photos they could have used of her on that flyer, look at the two they chose.

I haven't been able to look through all the posts, but just in case you didn't know, People has this on their home page about Terri.

You can't post that as it ref back to the WW report which is not relieable at this time. Or thats my understandment

It is interesting they are alluding to the possibility she was seen driving the white pickup at the school. They know she was there at around 8am. It makes sense she was driving the pickup then to have space for Kyron's project. That would be common knowledge, right? I'm wondering if they believe she was at the school in that truck around 9am when he vanished !

Hope that's OK to write here xox
Yes,And around the school and that road at the 3:00 white truck sighting?I wonder if something was found out there?

Great catch, Jetaime.

The flyer tells us the focus of LE's investigation.

Curious that they state the pics of SM are POST 6/4/10.

Was her appearance different before that, or are those the most current pics in the public domain?

Heartbreaking.

I think it's significant that the photos of her show her stressed and upset... not relaxed, happy as I've seen in others.

That's what they're applying to Terri. Of the dozens of photos they could have used of her on that flyer, look at the two they chose.

That's what I thought... I mean, they've been around them constantly and could have had other photos, but they put THOSE on there. eesh.

I'm afraid they've found Kyron. :(

They can't hold on to that info that long. Once ID is confirmed.

I don't know whether to hope I'm right, or wrong.

I think you are right.

I saw a remark last night by someone on the dive team that he had been found. Then the guy immediately came back and said that he couldn't confirm that.

I really hope that he is found. There's really no chance that he's alive. He's probably been dead since the morning he went missing. Bless that little kid...he never deserved this.

no kidding. they really should have included one of her smiling. She likely had a "good morning" smile on. the photos they chose reveal a tactic, IMO.

I wonder if they've lawyered up yet. This is a quite the poignant flyer. ugh.

I think it is odd they didn't use a better face-shot picture of terri.

I don't. I would imagine that IF Terri is feeling pressure from LE she would maybe not want to be helping them by giving them a BETTER picture. And where else would they get one that is current? It would HAVE to be one from the media taken in the past 2 weeks.

We aren't the only ones getting that vibe from the questionnaire...

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j9b2LUBiZZfn4HkSTtQZpweYzk3AD9GDS8UO0

Police seek info about stepmom of missing Ore. boy
(AP) – 14 minutes ago

SALEM, Ore. — Investigators trying to find missing Oregon boy Kyron Horman are distributing a flier asking if anyone saw his stepmother near Skyline School on the day he vanished.

The Multnomah County Sheriff's Office also wants to know if stepmother Terri Horman's white pickup truck was seen at or near the school on June 4 — the day of the disappearance.

The rest is at the link.

The AP is a source I have a fair degree of confidence in; not so prone to innuendo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk