How to get yourself & a child out of the school and into a vehicle?

Yes, I'm aware that people snap. But we're attempting to make this snap happen in such a small window of time, in public, with hundreds of people around. Talk about beginner's luck!!!!

Who has reason to hate a child like that? A woman whose life centers around him? Or someone who has reason to resent her spending that much time with a child, who believes that they rightly deserve her attention?
Who knows what the window of time was? This could have easily been premeditated and planned out for quite some time. We don't know where whatever happened to Kyron happened.

Im wondering when the science projects were being taken down, anyone know?

If TH was the last person to see him, then perhaps we can move back that purported 8:45 time to maybe something closer to 8:20/8:30 or so. I could see them making quick work of touring a few classrooms while walking the downstairs hallway or perhaps heading through gym/cafeteria toward an exit.

We know they got there pretty early, so assuming they got a close parking spot, I'm with those that think that south/east entrance or area by dumpsters would only be a hundred feet or so from the door. It's a big truck that needs plenty of space to turn in/back out, so it's unlikely that she tried squishing between two small cars, etc. Perhaps an end spot or parallel to the building in that inner sanctum.

It's a special day that started early. What about a scenario like, "Let's celebrate your project with donuts/milk in the car." Or, "Are you hungry? Let's go to McDonalds, and I'll drop you off in time for you to tour the other projects with your class!"

I agree with others that he could have been concealed in trash container if it were a SO, too, etc.

JMO

She could have parked where I've marked with a red X, and had a very good chance of getting him out that door and into the truck unseen. Most of the people parking would turn at the sidewalk in front of the school, and their sightl line would be obscured by the truck(She wouldn't even have to park there; she could just bring the truck around and tell Kyron to go out that door to meet her. She could even try to make sure people saw her go to her truck alone in the parking lot.) It wouldn't be hard to get a child to duck down, using some ruse, when she drove away.
southeastdoor.jpg

1. That south exit by the driveway and sidewalk appears to have no windows and no windows for quite a ways.

2. If the janitor wanted the missing child, why would he put the child into a garbage can which would kill him? No oxygen or I suppose he could have made a special one for the occasion.

I would imagine a perp like that would want a live child.

It depends on the container I suppose but if the perp works fast I don't think survival would necessarily be a problem. The lid doesn't have to be completely airtight, it just has to hide him from curious onlookers and there is some air inside the container, and if everything goes smoothly you can get him out and breathing fresh air quickly.

Isn't there a slope or hill at the front (south) and the side of the school by the soccer goals (west)? I thought I saw a long set of steps going up to the front of the school in one photo.

Go out the west door to the bottom of the hill--the kids probably have a nickname for it, like "playground hill" or something. Go to the bottom of the hill--I wonder if anybody inside the building can see the bottom of the hill. They'd probably focus on the playground.

Then a fast run to your car in the parking lot. Most people probably use a side or back entrance since it's easier than going up the steps.

That's how I'd get out unseen. But I don't know if I could get a child to go with me.

What if The wee man had forgotton something in the car that he needed for that day, TH already left so he runs after her, out into the carpark, she doesnt see him and accidently knocks him over, she see's that no one is around and no one followed him, so she panics, puts him in the car and drives off, I know its a far fetched idea, but Kyron just running out of school after TH for something may explain how he got out without being noticed, she may have asked him does your teacher know you've left or did anyone see you coming out. Do we know where in the carpark she parked?
Apologies if i've put this is the wrong place and also if these scenarios have been discussed before, I've been away and there's ALOT i'm still trying to catch up with

But if it were an accident, then wouldn't a person just call 911? If I accidentally hit & killed one of my kids, I'd be hysterically screaming and crying and trying to get someone to help me.

Also, wouldn't there have been blood on the pavement at the school if a child were struck and killed?

Not snarking on your theory... just trying to think logically about this.

No, you can look at the top left hand corner and see the orientation. (The pic we're looking at has been turned so that the bird's eye view will show that back parking lot.) North is at the bottom, south at the top, east to the left, west to the right.
The playing field is west of the school. The road is south of the school.

Here's the school zoomed in on in Bing maps without any rotation, so that it's orientation remains north at top.
birdseye.jpg

Then that means what we thought was the south door is not, by the smaller white roofed area.

That means if Kyron was seen at the south entrance door then he was at the main entrance where there is a paved walkway. It is allot easier to get from there to a car than the entrance we've all been thinking about for the last 2 weeks ;}

Thanks for pointing that out to us STEADFAST.

My theory is that she tells Kyron that they will leave and go get a tree frog at the pet store, which doesn't open until 9 a.m., so they first go to the school and set up the project, take their photos and make casual contact with someone there to establish their presence. Then all she has to do is ask him to go out to the truck, where she will meet him after she lets his teacher know what's going on and that they are leaving, but will be right back. Of course that doesn't happen.

She then has him in the truck. Alone.

But what 7 year old wouldn't tell his friends, with great excitement, that his mom was going to take him to get a REAL LIVE tree frog at 9am?

Who has reason to hate a child like that? A woman whose life centers around him? Or someone who has reason to resent her spending that much time with a child, who believes that they rightly deserve her attention?

*snipped*

I have wondered more than once about Kaine or the older brother's possible involvement and thought that if there was a family member who abducted Kyron, it wasn't the stepmom, but the biodad or the older brother who should be looked at.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who has had that thought pass through their mind. :)

Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to get yourself and a child:

1) out of this school

2) into a vehicle

I'd have the kid leave under his/her own power. I'd leave at the time when there were a lot of people coming and going. I'd say that I left significantly later than I actually left, relying on the invisibility of being in a crowd to conceal the real time I left.

Easy to do if the child is mine.

If the child is not mine, then I would tell the kid that I needed some help and the teacher/principal/his mom told me it was okay for him to help me. I might make the offer more enticing by making it something the child might really enjoy seeing, like an electricity project.

3) drive away without anyone seeing the child in your vehicle

Possibility one: if this were my short kid and tall vehicle, I'd just have the child get in as usual relying on the obscured view into the vehicle to conceal the child.

Possibility two: I'd spill something on the floor and tell the child to mop it up while we left the parking lot.

Possibility three: if this were not my child, I would open the vehicle door or trunk, then take a look around to see if we were standing in anyone's line of sight. With the prevalence of SUVs, vans and other tall vehicles, there's a good chance we'd be hidden from direct sight. I'd either hit the child over the head to cause unconsciousness and stuff them in the vehicle or just stuff the child into the vehicle still conscious.

Parameters:

a) there are many people entering the school as you do this, both adults and children. Keep this in mind, because you must ensure, or minimize the chances of, anyone seeing the child with you.

I'd be relying on the invisible nature of being in a crowd. There are lots of kids around, lots of adults around. If I acted relaxed, assured and avoided close contact with anyone, I'd assume that I would just fade into the background.

b) there are many people exiting the school as you do this. Most are adults; few, if any, are children. Keep this in mind because the child you need to get into your vehicle will stand out as a rare child exiting the school. You must ensure, or minimize the chances of, anyone seeing the child with you.

I'd leave while there were still a lot of parents arriving with their children. From having attended many such events with my nephews, I know it's never a homogenous one way flow; kids forget things, parents forget things, there's too much to carry in a single trip, etc. There are always people walking against the flow, both adults and children. I would just make sure to leave while there were a lot of people coming in with their children.

I would say I left later, to help confuse things. At such an event, I would be betting that it would be unlikely that someone would notice me and check their watch to establish the time they saw me. They wouldn't have any reason to because nothing had happened yet.

When most people check their watches, they are not actually looking at the time, they are checking an interval ("have I been here long enough" or "how long do I have until I have to go?"). That's why, if you see someone check their watch and then ask them the time, nine times out of ten they have to re-check their watch.

So if I claimed to have left later, I would rely on my claim confusing people's memories.

c) the child may or may not be seen for a final time at the south entrance of the school

I'd claim I had last seen the child near the south entrance but I would not leave via that entrance myself. Since the classroom was near that south entrance, anyone who remembered seeing us would be more likely to remember seeing us there if I deliberately placed myself and the child there.

Leaving through a different exit could easily be explained by my child having forgotten something in our vehicle.

d) the vehicle may or may not be a Ford truck or a red Mustang

So long as it wasn't something that would really stand out, like a Hummer or a DeLorean, I wouldn't worry too much about my vehicle. It would be just one of literally hundreds there that morning.

e) you may or may not have one distinctive feature that would normally be very noticeable to others - very long, curly red hair.

I'm not familiar enough with the Portland area to know if a ball cap would be normal wear or not. If I had long, curly red hair, I'd pull it back in a ponytail or braid it. I'd be going for the generic soccermom look.

f) the has one distinctive feature that would normally make him more memorable - he wears glasses. Only approximately 10% of children wear glasses. http://www.dictionaryfordads.com/childrenandglasses.htm

I think I'd just leave the glasses be. Or I'd tell the child they were smudgy, let's go to the car and clean them up. This would also serve to get the child out to the vehicle.

She could have parked where I've marked with a red X, and had a very good chance of getting him out that door and into the truck unseen. Most of the people parking would turn at the sidewalk in front of the school, and their sightl line would be obscured by the truck(She wouldn't even have to park there; she could just bring the truck around and tell Kyron to go out that door to meet her. She could even try to make sure people saw her go to her truck alone in the parking lot.) It wouldn't be hard to get a child to duck down, using some ruse, when she drove away.
southeastdoor.jpg

That would be the answer, for me, if that's a door, but part of my puzzling over this is that going way back I thought it was determined that that wasn't a door. Are you sure it is one, Steadfast?

It took a week to find Annie Le when they were all but positive not only that she was in the building but even the approximate area of the building where she had to be hidden.

And there's that guy under the bed in the motel room that was rented out to numerous guests...

all along, what you are implying is my fear....I mean really. Like he is in a heating duct in the school.

Sorry, back on topic...

Grainne Dhu, my challenge with your well thought out post is that Kyron was reported to be very shy with strangers....right? I think that perhaps someone he did not know would have had a difficult time getting him anywhere-and I am not wedded to the idea that anyone in his immediate family was responsible. FWIW.

Regarding glasses, I would let him keep his glasses at school. The people there are used to seeing him wearing glasses and if he suddenly appeared without them he would stand out more, not less, to the people who know him because he'd suddenly look out of the ordinary. If he just needs a minor correction he might do without the glasses if we have to go public somewhere else but some people are quite noticeably impaired without their glasses and if he's one of them it would attract too much attention.

I know that I couldn't pull off acting nonchalant if in my head I was thinking of how to kill a child.

snip & BBM That's a scary thought, maybe he was planning to frame her to get rid of her because she's not the "hottie" she used to be.

"Do you wanna help me set up a project? It is too big to carry alone and I'm late, I don't want to get my kid in trouble. It's really cool, and electric, you can see it first"

I'm parking as close as possible to the path to the south entrance, I'm exiting the south entrance, and the child is also exiting the south entrance.

That's how I'm minimizing being noticeable. The problem is, I've got both myself and the child walking from the south entrance door to my vehicle and that's just too much chance either he or I am going to be seen, and that just doesn't work for me.

I can't feasibly get both myself and a child to my vehicle, not with the child alive. I just plain don't see how to do it without one of us being seen. With the people coming and going, it's just too hugely coincidental that neither of us would be seen.

It suddenly struck me. The least obvious hiding place is often in plain sight.

Assuming that the perpetrator was the stepmom, the way to do it would be to go into the building and be seen walking around with Kyron. At some point, take a picture of Kyron with his exhibit, making sure to do so in front of an impeccable witness.

Immediately after that picture, take Kyron out to the truck on some pretext. Go from there.

Then when giving my account of the morning, be sure to mention that we had to go back to the truck for something but say that it happened before we came back into the school and took the picture with the witness. The two events would be within five minutes of each other and even if someone noticed us walking back to the truck, it is unlikely they would check the time.

Might change set the camera back by about five minutes as well, just in case.

Then rely on the general hubbub and the vagueness of most people's memories to cover up my absence from the school after about 8:20 am.

I am not convinced that the stepmom did it but this is how it may have been done.

"Do you wanna help me set up a project? It is too big to carry alone and I'm late, I don't want to get my kid in trouble. It's really cool, and electric, you can see it first"

This made me cry.

Nice posts, GrainneDhu! You have a (most awesomely) diabolical mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer
Back