Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped

We arrived at around half past five and went to my room to play poker at my laptop. At one point I opened my mailbox and saw a message: "I'll murder you, mongooltje", referring to the Holloway case. I started with Stephany Flores to talk about the case. I explained that I was five years ago was arrested, I was suspicious of the disappearance of the girl. That was half hours after we had entered Room 309.

As I said, she hit me on my head with her left fist. I reacted impulsively by a blow with my right elbow to give precisely on her nose. There was blood everywhere. She seemed half unconscious. I was so angry that I had with both hands grabbed at her throat and strangled her, one minute long. Then I realized what I was doing.

I got up thinking what to do. There was also blood on my shirt and on the bed. When I took my shirt and I pushed it hard on her face, until she was dead. Then I thought: now what? I left the hotel but the receptionist told me I had to move the car. I went back to room 309. I wanted to flee the hotel. I grabbed my two bags and I drove away with the car. I do not remember where. I have about five minutes driving around. Then I took a taxi to the international airport "Jorge Chavez". Then I thought that I better not by plane could go. I took a taxi to the other side of town, at a bus terminal.

As I packed for 600 soles a taxi to another town whose name I do not remember. Since I took another taxi for 500 soles to Nazca. In Nazca someone drove me 100 soles to the following cities. When we arrived I talked with the taxi driver about the murder of Stephany Flores. "I have committed murder, I want out of Peru ," I said. "Wait for the next city," he replied. Once there, he said: "My friends are not now, maybe it's better if you have a bus takes." "You told me you would bring me to Arica , please do that too," I said back. The driver: "Slowly, we're going to eat something."

We did that and then came his friends turn. They asked $ 1,500 for the trip. I agreed. I had at that time only $ 500 cash in his pocket. I said I would pin the rest from an ATM. We left in a white mini van, but said the move wegpolitie our papers. The drivers then advised me to throw away a bag. I threw my briefcase beige sport away.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusiv...r-sloots-confession-read-entire-document-here

When I imagine JVS saying this [or anything] I can't help but hear that guy from NG show who reads the translations of Joran's statements.

:woohoo:

guilty little secret....I never watch any of those shows. So thank you to all of you who do and try to painfully type out what you've heard. I usually wait for the transcripts :)

Alright, the msnbc 20/20 reporting I saw tonight was putting out BH's lawyer and the storyline of JVDS desperate for money. Which after his bankroll father died he had no funding source. He later contacted NH's attorney and asked for a quarter million for information leading to NH. NH's lawyer met with BH and eventually the FBI. Then BH's lawyer met JVDS on Easter when money was exchanged. NH's lawyer at one point asked JVDS well what if I don't pay you? JVDS's reply was BH could wait another 5 years to find out what happened.

Much more in between explanations but that's the drift of the reporting.

He was in an online poker tourny though, about two weeks after the date of Paulus' death. Have to get the link and data. May have even been sooner, ten days!

and Anita put up her piano for sale on April o6, ( 06.04.2010 according to an ad that SM ( klaasend) screen captured, Easter was April 4th.
( unless it was JUNE 4, 2010, Europeans use a different dating system. today would be 27.06.2010),

Looks like Anita needed/needs money too.

When I imagine JVS saying this [or anything] I can't help but hear that guy from NG show who reads the translations of Joran's statements.

:woohoo:

:floorlaugh: Oh dear Flow--don't give me the giggles before I go to bed LOL.

Most 'bums' are harmless and I really don't like to call people down on luck names like that. Many people are one or two bad decisions away from living on the streets.
There wasn't enough info given about the situation as to why Joran needed to throw him off the bridge. Perhaps Joran and his friend heckled him and got him aggravated, and perhaps all he did was ask for a buck or two from notably rich kids and he was sassed back and then got in their faces. These people have hearts and feelings, and when one does them a good turn they never forget.
Throwing him off the bridge doesn't make him a serial killer, but it certainly proves he's quite the bully. I guess people there take the law in their own hands quite easily, while cops sit and munch their crispy cornflakes.

Yes, I agree that the term "bum" is inappropriate. I've always heard the tale described that way ("Joran threw a bum off a bridge"), but I shouldn't have used it.

I don't agree that this story makes Joran out to be a bully. Depending on how high the bridge was, perhaps a very excessive physical outburst, but the witness (who I don't believe was trying to make Joran look good) describes a situation that, imho, makes the guy the aggressor and Joran someone who was defending a friend.

Hero? What Joran did is called assault and battery. It is clear that the "druggie" was not an ACTUAL threat. A person may only use force NECESSARY to prevent an assault or battery on themselves or in defense of others based on ALL the circumstances.

There were at least 3 guys here (Joran plus two friends), against one "annoying" guy that touched Joran's friend's HAND and indicated he wanted to fight. The "druggie," and his actions were sad and pathetic...even stupid, perhaps, but not threatening in any way. As described by the facts, this "annoying druggie" was as harmless as a "threatening" child or an elderly person, i.e. was not an ACTUAL threat to these boys. Would you also see Joran as a hero if he threw a child or an elderly person off a bridge because the child or elderly person was STUPIDLY wanting to "fight?"

You got a lot more out of that testimony than I did. I think your interpretation mirrors your antipathy towards Joran, just as my interpretation mirrors my belief that he's not a murderer. Remember, Joran was a kid when (and definitely IF) this situation occured. The guy was presumably an adult, which in America would mean he would be charged with a crime if he assaulted one of them.

As I noted, the witness was clearly not trying to make Joran look good, but imho still made him into the defender of his friend, who was being bullied (Joran certainly was NOT the bully in this story) by an adult with issues.

But then again, those who believe Joran is a serial killer will fit these incidents from the past into their fimly established image of him.

:angel:

I am still unamused that JVDS was not charged with assault at that time

IF this incident ever happened, Joran and his friends were minors. The guy, who is depicted as the aggressor, was an adult. HE would have been charged with assault. An adult cannot go around attempting to start physical altercations with minors.

No one here would look at this the same way if Joran wasn't involved.

Well I hope so!!!! Even though I think it would be nice to offer him a place to sleep under the stars.....ON THE STREETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO PASSPORT/POLICE PROTECTION..... let the vigilante justice begin... oh well on my thinking... its just MO :twocents: why on earth should he be scared??? How does he think when Stephany looked/was up at his mug? ..

dont understaNd those who think its ok to kill.. but are scared to die And all of a sudden they plead RIGHTS>???....

I'm sure any defendant would fear having you as a jury member. Surely you believe we all have rights, correct?

Are you coming out in support of vigilante justice?

Alright, the msnbc 20/20 reporting I saw tonight was putting out BH's lawyer and the storyline of JVDS desperate for money. Which after his bankroll father died he had no funding source. He later contacted NH's attorney and asked for a quarter million for information leading to NH. NH's lawyer met with BH and eventually the FBI. Then BH's lawyer met JVDS on Easter when money was exchanged. NH's lawyer at one point asked JVDS well what if I don't pay you? JVDS's reply was BH could wait another 5 years to find out what happened.

He was in an online poker tourny though, about two weeks after the date of Paulus' death. Have to get the link and data. May have even been sooner, ten days!

and Anita put up her piano for sale on April o6, ( 06.04.2010 according to an ad that SM ( klaasend) screen captured, Easter was April 4th.
( unless it was JUNE 4, 2010, Europeans use a different dating system. today would be 27.06.2010),

Looks like Anita needed/needs money too.

The date was off- not days but a whole year, February 14, 2009 was the tourny , $15 buy in and the prize was $538.00. Twice Irish will appreciate this one :)

It would be horribly difficult to be objective in BH's position. IMO her lawyer's job should have been to cut through the bull-stuff like this. JVS never told the real story before [to my knowledge]. I don't know why they thought he would this time.

To me it looks like this extortion sting was a tremendous waste of NHRC's resources money, time, attention, and energy.

The date was off- not days but a whole year, February 14, 2009 was the tourny , $15 buy in and the prize was $538.00. Twice Irish will appreciate this one :)

Wow, quite the high-rollers, aren't they?

LOL.

It would be horribly difficult to be objective in BH's position. IMO her lawyer's job should have been to cut through the bull-stuff like this. JVS never told the real story before [to my knowledge]. I don't know why they thought he would this time.

To me it looks like this extortion sting was a tremendous waste of NHRC's resources money, time, attention, and energy.

Hi Flow, from what I heard the FBI was developing an extortion charge. Initially JDVS made contact and according to the report if he lied it would become extortion. Something to that effect...

Hi Flow, from what I heard the FBI was developing an extortion charge. Initially JDVS made contact and according to the report if he lied it would become extortion. Something to that effect...

I think I heard or read not sure which but I understood it to be...if he told the truth, they would have Natalee's body....if he didn't it would be extortion. I'm pretty sure they knew he wouldn't tell the truth but I would think Natalee's family was desperate to at least get Joran off the street. But I also think Beth had a little flicker of hope that he would tell the truth. I would imagine that Beth has a desperate need to bring Natalee home and to know the truth.

I think the question might be: Was he ever a judge that presided over any cases. In the U.S., most judges are required to have some training before taking the bench, but they are called judges the minute they are appointed or elected. So, it might be that he could properly use the title, but after completing training (which was in the middle of the NH case IIRC), never sat to hear cases because of the NH incident/arrest.

Has anyone noticed the massive scar on Paulus' skull just below his
hairline on the left side? War wound? Auto accident? Surgery?

Attachments

• Paulus 28_vandersloot_paul.jpg
    Paulus 28_vandersloot_paul.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Paulus images.jpg
    Paulus images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 45
I think I heard or read not sure which but I understood it to be...if he told the truth, they would have Natalee's body....if he didn't it would be extortion. I'm pretty sure they knew he wouldn't tell the truth but I would think Natalee's family was desperate to at least get Joran off the street. But I also think Beth had a little flicker of hope that he would tell the truth. I would imagine that Beth has a desperate need to bring Natalee home and to know the truth.

Yes and understandably so, I think it was also mentioned the Aruban authorities would have to make the arrest since it was Aruba soil, I just don't want to state that as fact yet.

That was an excellent program, in all respects. Very well put togther
and thorough. I caught it by accident and glad I did.

guilty little secret....I never watch any of those shows. So thank you to all of you who do and try to painfully type out what you've heard. I usually wait for the transcripts :)

If you can see a rerun of this MSNBC 20/20 program tonight it really
is worthwhile - totally professional and fact based.

Isn't it still extortion either way? What I mean is, even if he had told the truth which led to Natalee's remains, isn't that still extortion?

I don't mean to knit-pick and this doesn't make a bit of difference I'm sure.

20/20 is an ABC network show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member