Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks RR,
I have " kids with pronlems", they are autistic. For over twenty years I have learned how to get the best out of them. It takes time and patience, and it has taken a lot of sacrifice, but through this experience I became involved with other groups with conduct disorders, oppositional-defiance syndrome, ADHD, you name it.

The parenst at some point have to realize their children have this problem....and accept it. If you don't claim it there is no hope, ever, for your child, and I have been on Regional Boards, Tribunals, visited county jails, worked in Public Health, with Children and Family Services. The WHOLE family must work together or the whole family suffers.

When these issues are not addressed, or hidden due to some misplaced feelings of failure on the part of the parents, the child NEVER learns.

It's that simple.

Do I have compassion and sympathy? Yes. And respect for those families, who despite the odds against them manage to have some sort of a normal life despite the challenges.
And I have worked with families who have children who were incarcerated.

And I have also been a victim.

There must be justice for all, for the victim and the perpetrator. If someone is able to see this as a perpetrator then I have done my job. But if not society suffers. If someone is a danger to their family and society time will out them. There is no cure if it is ignored.

Joran was ignored and now all the attention in the world will not cure him.

APPLAUS & RESPECT. Been there, done that. We all live by God's grace
and the rest is up to us .... that about covers it?

Thank you for your statement.

WOW. thanks for bringing this here.

My jaw dropped when I saw this - I didnt post, just stunned. WOW
is an under-statement. Last night and tonight have brought a raft of
family dynamics information which goes straight to Joran and this crime,
imho.

WOW!

IMO, he didn't want to be extradited to the US for prosecution (wrongful death or otherwise) and/or extortion charges. No mention of US in his confession. He just wanted to go home to Aruba and lie some more there. Maybe he thought Peru would think Stephany's murder was self-defense and this whole thing would go away.

Boy did he think wrong!
He's like a cat that keeps scratching, the
litterbox...

Oh Yah! How many catered meals do you think JVS can buy with a cool million.

According to the State Department Human Rights report for Peru, prison conditions are harsh although prisoners with money have access to everything from cell phones to drugs and catered meals.

Even if he gets 1/2 of the money he wants, he's going to live pretty sweet. He'll probably even get that curtain he wants too!

More here:

http://www.cbs42.com/mostpopular/st...ss-You-Have-Money/ujxqfBkSr021PnGhgwCa5Q.cspx

Mel
That may depend completely on what the Judges recommend. They could bring his world crashing down and no way out.

Just to refresh and keep track of: he states $15,000 and $10,000 payments from Uri Gellar for some TV fraud program he did for Geller?
Geller says not. But, these are the same amounts of the extortion payments. ($10k cash in Aruba from Kelly and $15k wired to his bank
inder Nederlandt. He appears to be fudging (lying) trying to throw the Peruvians off who he assumes will not know 'current news' ? :innocent:

Hi JW :)
Also this, although the first time I saw it in print was at SM and not aware of the amounts in foreign currency- watched the tape where bills were being counted and JVDS was speaking saying Bolivia, Colombia- well those countries are a lot closer and he traveled through Colombia so I was not surprised to see him have that currency, but the currencies from these countries:

Snipped-

Ellie Jostad, NANCY GRACE producer, talk to us about this. How much money was found on him? And where did it come from?

JOSTAD: Yes, well, I`m just looking back at that report you guys obtained down there, and when he was caught he had currency from Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Chile, Indonesia, the Philippines, Macau, Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Netherlands, as well as U.S. dollars and euros.

CASAREZ: That`s right. He had money from 12 different nations that was found in his pocket.

http://edition.cnn.hu/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/23/ng.01.html

and yes, they are coins but a caller asked if the panel might address the idea that they represented " souvenirs" of a more sordid variety. Not a strange question but maybe a hint to some other activities. Unless, of course, he is a coin collector...:)

Thank you for all of your personal recollections of private experience. We all come from different places but we are not the hive mind and tabloid mentality that some others try to make us out to be :)

Can you not see that Joran has had a role in poisoning the public against himself? At some point whether you think he is innocent or not you have to acknowlege that some blame for the public's perception belongs to Joran. There comes a time when you have to say Joran you have lied so many times to the public, it's no wonder people think you are guilty...those are the consequences for changing your story so many times. Instaed of excusing his behavior by saying well he is a pathological liar.JMO

I have often thought that Joran's own behavior is what has always "poisoned" the public against him. Not just the perpetual lying but that it was obvious especially considering his many varieties of stories... but even more his obvious enjoyment of it. I think it's his in-your-face enjoyment of it that most disgusts people and goes a very long way in believing he's guilty. I honestly would not have been surprised (and still wouldn't) if his enjoyment of it became so uncontainable for him that he were to suddenly jump up and scream "woo hoo! I got away with murder and nobody can do a damn thing about it! nanny nanny boo boo!" In this way he reminds me very much of Drew Peterson since he's another one that obviously has enjoyed his "catch me if you can" position in the same way.

And now Joran's been caught in another bad situation and this time it is definitely murder and there's a stunning amount of evidence against him. Yet I don't see him regreting his behavior for years or even being aware that it has worked so well against him. I'd even be willing to bet despite his present perdicament he's still enjoying it all.

It's this obvious enjoyment of his that makes me believe he is not just a sociopath but a full blown psychopath.

Unreals, Please don't take this post as any kind of criticism, but I would like to know if you can list and evidence that Joran is innocent of either of the murders he has been accused of....There is a mountain of evidence in Peru and if you have read the archived case files on the NH case, there is also alot of evidence that he was involved in the disappearance of NH, I know that you feel he is innocent in both case and I in no way fault you for your opinion, but I would really like to see the evidence that backs up your theories

Mosquito on Vimeo

Val Van der sloot. Creepy to the max. "Why can't I ever be the one in control".......
"I wish I was God sometimes. I wish I could pick people up and put them in their place"......

I don't find it creepy at all. It's a pretty powerful statement of "think and behave in an evil way and God will get you". I can't help but wonder if it was his brother's actions that inspired the film. I rather like it.

Thanks for finding this and bringing it here.

I don't find it creepy at all. It's a pretty powerful statement of "think and behave in an evil way and God will get you". I can't help but wonder if it was his brother's actions that inspired the film. I rather like it.

Thanks for finding this and bringing it here.

I kind of liked it too....and I have to say at least HE is expressing his feelings in creative, as opposed to destructive means. Funny actually this film was passed around at work a while ago ... I had no idea it was JVDS's brother!

Mosquito on Vimeo

Val Van der sloot. Creepy to the max. "Why can't I ever be the one in control".......
"I wish I was God sometimes. I wish I could pick people up and put them in their place"......

i think this is just vvds's "artistic" rendition of karma....moo due to that monty python hand that squashes him like a mosquito in the end...again just my opinoin:)

Beneath the video it is clearly stated:

Shot on a Canon XTi. With Valentijn van der Sloot.
Please don't take this video seriously.

I have often thought that Joran's own behavior is what has always "poisoned" the public against him. Not just the perpetual lying but that it was obvious especially considering his many varieties of stories... but even more his obvious enjoyment of it. I think it's his in-your-face enjoyment of it that most disgusts people and goes a very long way in believing he's guilty. I honestly would not have been surprised (and still wouldn't) if his enjoyment of it became so uncontainable for him that he were to suddenly jump up and scream "woo hoo! I got away with murder and nobody can do a damn thing about it! nanny nanny boo boo!" In this way he reminds me very much of Drew Peterson since he's another one that obviously has enjoyed his "catch me if you can" position in the same way.

And now Joran's been caught in another bad situation and this time it is definitely murder and there's a stunning amount of evidence against him. Yet I don't see him regreting his behavior for years or even being aware that it has worked so well against him. I'd even be willing to bet despite his present perdicament he's still enjoying it all.

It's this obvious enjoyment of his that makes me believe he is not just a sociopath but a full blown psychopath.

The Big IF............ if Joran is innocent, why has he done everything humanly possible to make himself appear guilty? I think your diagnosis is absolutely correct.

It concerns me that some are so concerned with Joran's rights. Although I believe that we all have basic rights, I also believe that we can forfeit those rights when we continually act in a inhumane manner. Those defending Joran & his rights so vigorously never seem to consider the rights of Natalee & Stephanie to live.

ok so I'm posting this link so someone can identify the tattoo on his chest.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/natalee_holloway_van_der_sloot_prison_*****_aids/celebrity/68900

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wirestory?id=10903660&page=3

One souvenir Van der Sloot apparently picked up in Thailand is visible on his chest in a photo taken during a medical checkup after Chilean police handed him over to Peruvian authorities on June 4. It is a tattoo that says, in Thai, "never mind." The word reflects two prominent characteristics of Thai culture in foreigners' eyes: tolerance and forgiveness.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Joran Van der Sloot Confesses to Murdering Stephany Flores Ramirez #7

Even IF everything you (and most posters here) believe about Joran is true, he deserves justice. That means no highly incriminating fake stories like this one, citing anonymous "TV insiders" that, in Joran's present situation, most clearly do not have any access to him.

Of course, because Joran is being charged in Peru, it is hard to say just what rights what he, or any defendant, has under their system of law.

:waitasec:

He's being charged in Peru because that's where the crime was commited.

He's receiving the same rights as any other defendant charged with a crime in their country, if not more. THEIR country, THEIR system of law.

He will get the justice he deserves. Finally.

You're right, IF he killed Stephany. Some of us don't believe he did.

The point about the "TV insider" story is not to say that Joran hasn't helped to bring public condemnation upon himself. It is to criticize this bogus "news" story itself, which represents the kind of "journalism" that is becoming all too common in the U.S. No matter how bad Joran may or may not be, he doesn't deserve to have damaging stories invented about him.

BBM

Neither did his first victim NH. Or Elton Garcia. Joran has perfected sensationalist "journalism" and inventing damaging stories about innocent people. He has never shied away from seeking out the news media and perpetuating bogus "news" stories for his own benefit.

He continues to do that now from a Peruvian prison, of all places, using his mother as his intermediary. She set up that last interview with the Dutch reporter where he told his tales of the FBI, Elton Garcia and the Peruvian LE torturing him with buckets of water. He has phone contact with his mother, has a woman visting him twice a week at his mother's request and a private attorney being paid for by his mother. His mother can get anyone's name on the visitor list so she's the one to go through if the press want to request an interview. I'm sure she will also be the one who will negotiate and bank any of the funds that may be paid out for such interviews on Joran's behalf, it's unlikely that Joran would trust his Peruvian lawyer with his money. And of course they will have to arrange these payments to hide them from the Flores family to avoid civil suits.

So he has plenty of opportunity to get any outrageous demands he desires out to the press. You can not say with any certainty that this demand is untrue or that Joran didn't put it out there, just as I can't say that it is true...I'm just pointing out that it is possible. He was offered a million dollars by the National Enquirer for the true story of NH at one point. He knows there was at least one tabloid "news" outlet willing to pay that amount for his story in the past.

But I do agree with you that "journalism" can't be trusted in ANY country right now.

Even IF everything you (and most posters here) believe about Joran is true, he deserves justice. That means no highly incriminating fake stories like this one, citing anonymous "TV insiders" that, in Joran's present situation, most clearly do not have any access to him.

Of course, because Joran is being charged in Peru, it is hard to say just what rights what he, or any defendant, has under their system of law.

How do you know that story is fake do you have access to Joran? The Dutch reporter had access to him didn't he? The reporter that Joran told more lies to? If I recall correctly that was where Joran wanting money for interviews originated, someone please correct me if I'm mistaken on that point.

His rights will be afforded him under the laws of the country where he committed crimes.

Victims deserve justice, criminals deserve to pay for their crimes. Try to remember who the true victims are in Peru and in Aruba. Are you just as opposed to mean spirited, fake stories being spread about victims and people close to them?

Hi JW :)
Also this, although the first time I saw it in print was at SM and not aware of the amounts in foreign currency- watched the tape where bills were being counted and JVDS was speaking saying Bolivia, Colombia- well those countries are a lot closer and he traveled through Colombia so I was not surprised to see him have that currency, but the currencies from these countries:

Snipped-

Ellie Jostad, NANCY GRACE producer, talk to us about this. How much money was found on him? And where did it come from?

JOSTAD: Yes, well, I`m just looking back at that report you guys obtained down there, and when he was caught he had currency from Trinidad and Tobago, Venezuela, Chile, Indonesia, the Philippines, Macau, Hong Kong, Malaysia, the Netherlands, as well as U.S. dollars and euros.

CASAREZ: That`s right. He had money from 12 different nations that was found in his pocket.

http://edition.cnn.hu/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/23/ng.01.html

and yes, they are coins but a caller asked if the panel might address the idea that they represented " souvenirs" of a more sordid variety. Not a strange question but maybe a hint to some other activities. Unless, of course, he is a coin collector...:)

FWIW I have many coins from countries I have not been too. Sometimes they are returned to me as change at the store and I don't notice it. So I suppose I have a foreign coin collection too, nothing unusual about that really. But I don't carry them around with me in my pocket, especially when I'm travelling so I'm not sure why he did. :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500