2010.07.14 Investigators re-interviewing people who saw Kyron; Kyron seen w/out Terri

I believe they probably have a lot more witnesses to Terri being at the school because she very well may have taken pictures of Kyron and his friend K in front of their respective projects when she, Kyron and the baby got there, then chatted with teachers or parents while Kyron visited other projects on his own.

TK says he saw K in the gym with friends and also saw the truck in the parking lot. So, if TK's account & memory is accurate, apparently TH hadn't left the school yet.

I don't think we can say that; it's not clear from his statement if he saw the truck there at the same time he saw Kyron in the gym. In fact, that might be rather hard to do. He could mean that yes, he saw her truck in the lot and yes, he saw Kyron without Terri that morning.

And, IMO, someone did. The school system superintendent said early on that two Skyline teachers saw TH and Kyron leaving. We do not have all of the information that LE has...they have countless witness statements from the students, teachers, and parents who were at Skyline that day...and they have indicated after interviewing all of these witnesses (including the "cool electronic exhibit" deskmate and the kid quoted in this story) that TH is the last known person to have seen KH...and until they amend that statement, I'm going to reason that the people relaying their eyewitness statements (that they have told to LE) saw Kyron before the last sighting with TH.

yes I agree. the spokesman for portland public schools also states such about the two teachers...

snip-Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together.

He said it was common for parents to pick up kids this way, so no suspicions were raised.
-end snip

http://arklatexhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=109355

Surely LE has viewed the store surveillance tapes by now~maybe Terri's alibi holds water and that's why they are finally following other leads/tips, and re-questioning people?

To a child, K would be "a little girl" ........... not necessarily a baby.

I want to know why still after all this time NONE of these witnesses EVER state a word about seeing baby K... Why is this? And why on the flyers does it not say anything seeing this woman with a baby? Says kyron, says terri, says white truck, but no where or nothing about baby k... Why?

IMO i really dont think she was there. why else would no one out of all these ppl ever mention. Not even the little classmate in the beginning that s gma decided to let him speak to media even tho LE said not to. He sees Kyron, He sees Terri, but yet never a word about baby K.

My 8 year old who has Down Syndrome can tell me what kind of vehicle, make and model almost all the teachers at his school drive (and what town they live in too) and his school is not a whole lot bigger than Kyron's school - same goes for all our immediate relatives' vehicles (and towns or cities where they live) as well. I can't disregard this kid's statement based on his age alone.

My girls (7 year old with Down syndrome and her 6 year old sister) also have amazing memories in general. I take a lot of pictures and often have to go back through those to remember what we did, when we did it...that's why I take the pictures, my memory is awful.

However, I could ask one of them about an activity and they could tell me what day we did it, what else we did that day, what vehicle we took and what the weather was like.

We are a car family, so they are very well versed in those...especially german cars. My 7 year old can also get us home from just about anywhere. I also have no sense of direction. She is my GPS. :innocent:

I don't get it... but I sure could use some of their memory. I would prefer either of them as a witness rather than myself any day. :waitasec:

I want to know why still after all this time NONE of these witnesses EVER state a word about seeing baby K... Why is this? And why on the flyers does it not say anything seeing this woman with a baby? Says kyron, says terri, says white truck, but no where or nothing about baby k... Why?

IMO i really dont think she was there. why else would no one out of all these ppl ever mention. Not even the little classmate in the beginning that s gma decided to let him speak to media even tho LE said not to. He sees Kyron, He sees Terri, but yet never a word about baby K.

I always felt that they left out the information about the baby to see if any body mentioned that. If it wasn't publicly known that the baby was there and a witness talks about seeing TH and Kyron and didn't mention the baby then LE would know they weren't being honest. Also, I felt that the reason that Kaine was so sure that baby K was at the science fair that morning was because LE told him so.

I realize that none of us want to believe that TH had anything to do with little Kyron's disappearance. That's pretty much a given. I don't want to either, but the evidence that we've seen so far is leading me that way. The FBI came into this case very early on and I have this gut feeling that they are the ones who are calling the shots in this case. I believe there has been a plan in place for several weeks now and what we are hearing is exactly what LE wants us (and more importantly, TH) to hear. I also believe that TH has an accomplice (if for no other reason than someone was helping her with the baby that morning). This "firming up" of the timeline encourages me to believe that LE may be getting ready to make a significant move. I pray it is so for Kyron and his family.

bbm

I think deep down, maybe we DO. It's a heck of a lot less scary to believe that the stepmom took him away than the thought of a predator making his way inside a school and snatching a child.

I find it odd that a 7th grader would even notice a 2nd grader, let alone TH's truck & that Kyron was with friends.

bbm

I think deep down, maybe we DO. It's a heck of a lot less scary to believe that the stepmom took him away than the thought of a predator making his way inside a school and snatching a child.

Not to me. The thought that someone I know and trust might have done something to my child is far more scary than the remote incidence of a random having done it. I really don't worry about strangers. That almost never happens.

I find it odd that a 7th grader would even notice a 2nd grader, let alone TH's truck & that Kyron was with friends.

Good point. I find it odd, too, now that you mention it. I have one going into 6th and one almost exactly Kyron's age going into third. The only way my older one would notice a little one is if her brother was with him or if she was friends with an older sib of the younger one. And even then, she might not notice.

I don't think the requestioning has to do with other leads or suspects because of this..

"Authorities have said since the earliest days of the investigation that they believe Kyron's disappearance was an isolated case."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20007724-504083.html

So if LE was looking into an SO or perp as a suspect then the only SO I think that would be included in this "isolated" incident is the SO in the family, Kaine's brother.

I think LE is just firming up the timeline as someone else mentioned (did LE actually state that as the reason they are re-questioning people?) or maybe making sure people's stories are legit?

I don't find it odd, because there are many facets to "school life", such as older students buddying up with younger students to read to them or do projects with them and families of children knowing each other because of siblings--and even more so in this school, since it is small.

The two teachers said they saw them and thought they left together, but as far as I know, they didn't actually see them leave together.

IMHO, LE has no one who can verify that Terri left with Kyron, and that is why LE sent out the questionnaire. At the time the questionnaire went out, LE had already interviewed hundreds of people. If they'd gotten what they wanted, in that they had someone corroborating Terri's timeline or disproving it, the questionnaire would've been unnecessary.

I have a problem with the whole "thought they left together." If you see a kid walking out the door with his mom, and the door shuts behind them, and you don't see either one of them the rest of the day, you can say "They left together." But if the mother later comes back and says "Where is my son? I left him here," you might at that point say, "Well, I thought they left together." You were sure of something when you saw it happen, but then someone challenges it later (which I believe is gaslighting in this case) and you are forced to qualify your belief with "I thought" rather than "I'm sure."

The teachers had reason to form an opinion from what they witnessed. I would not be so quick to discount it because someone (who may well be lying) challenged it. No, the teachers probably did not videotape the two of them driving away together. Why would they? But they saw what they saw, and I believe it was a significant event that gave them reason to believe Kyron left with Terri.

I'm bringing this here because I'm seeing rumors in all of the threads including this one. Kimster warned a couple of days ago.... If you don't comply you will be on a little vacation. So let's get it right. This warning was a gift and falls randomly in the thread.

From Kimster:
Current issues on the forum
We have a couple of issues on this forum and both of them are causing WAY too much work for the mods. We can't be here 24/7 and we are not editors, we are moderators.

The main two issues are RUMORS and RUDENESS. We are done dealing with these issues with warnings. If you do not want a time out, then pay attention to your posts.

RUMORS: If you are posting about something that you read "somewhere, don't know where", you are posting a rumor. If you read something that some random blogger wrote and are stating it as fact, it is a rumor. You MUST link all blogger comments. EVERY time.

RUDENESS: If you are posting using another poster's name or saying the word "you" to respond to a quote, then you may be considered to be calling out another poster. Responding to posts by saying "this post doesn't make sense to me? Please explain?" is fine. Responding to posts by saying "you obviously didn't read 'blah blah blah' or you wouldn't have posted that" is NOT fine. It is rude.

This is a frustrating and passionate case. However, we are not going to take out our frustrations on those who loved Kyron by spreading gossip about them nor are we going to tolerate watching everyone take it out on each other.

The end.

I'm not sure what the issue is here........ Why do we continue to rumor when you have repeatedly been asked to stop?

I have a problem with the whole "thought they left together." If you see a kid walking out the door with his mom, and the door shuts behind them, and you don't see either one of them the rest of the day, you can say "They left together." But if the mother later comes back and says "Where is my son? I left him here," you might at that point say, "Well, I thought they left together." You were sure of something when you saw it happen, but then someone challenges it later (which I believe is gaslighting in this case) and you are forced to qualify your belief with "I thought" rather than "I'm sure."

The teachers had reason to form an opinion from what they witnessed. I would not be so quick to discount it because someone (who may well be lying) challenged it. No, the teachers probably did not videotape the two of them driving away together. Why would they? But they saw what they saw, and I believe it was a significant event that gave them reason to believe Kyron left with Terri.

Just so we're clear, though, it's the superintendent who is quoted as saying the teachers "thought" they saw them leave together. I'm not parsing words here, just going off what was said.

Not specific to you, Smooth, just using your quote as a launch pad! Here's the video link in which Kaine and Desiree confirm the baby was with Terri at the school. It's right at the launch of the video, so you don't even need to watch the full 12 minutes: http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/07/kyron_hormans_parents_share_de.html

They seem so sure that I believe this item has been confirmed to them by LE. No hesitation, IMO. Here's my little transcript of the relevant bit.

Interviewer: Kaine, I have to ask, K***, on the morning that Kyron went missing, was she at home, or was she at daycare, or where was she?

Kaine: She was with Terri. (Kaine nods, Desiree nods.)

Interviewer: With Terri. Was she with Terri at the school? Or----

Kaine: Yes. (Kaine nods, Desiree nods.)

This isn't the first time we've heard Terri and Kyron not being together while in the school. Remember Lt Mary Lindstrand of the Sheriff's Office said Terri went up different stairwells and when they both reached the top floor is when Terri said she last saw Kyron.

I think it's very interesting that TK seems to say he was in the gym and saw the truck outside. I could be wrong, but it's my impression that the windows in the gym are too high to see out to the parking lot. Maybe there is a window in the gym door to the parking lot. Otherwise the only other windows to the side parking lot are the basement ones, you may be able to see a truck through them. If you can't see the side parking lot through the gym, maybe that means Terri was parked in the back.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on this. Does anyone have a link to gwenabob's pictures?

Edit: I wonder if there is a stage in the gym.

Your post made me think of a question I'd not had before.....if TH went to the Science Fair with Kyron, why were they separated at all during the time TH was at the school? If I went to school with my child, I think that I would stick with him until I left?

Just so we're clear, though, it's the superintendent who is quoted as saying the teachers "thought" they saw them leave together. I'm not parsing words here, just going off what was said.

Matt Shelby is not superintendent he is a spokesman for PPS, the superintendent is a woman...

snip-Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together.

He said it was common for parents to pick up kids this way, so no suspicions were raised.
-end snip

http://arklatexhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=109355

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivybridget