2010.07.14 Investigators re-interviewing people who saw Kyron; Kyron seen w/out Terri

Matt Shelby is not superintendent he is a spokesman for PPS, they superintendent is a woman...

snip-Portland Public Schools spokesman Matt Shelby said two teachers saw Kyron with his stepmother and thought the two left school together.

He said it was common for parents to pick up kids this way, so no suspicions were raised.
-end snip

http://arklatexhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=109355

Thanks for that! I obviously need to go to bed because I read spokesman as superintendent. I've miscommunicated twice tonight, and although I was wrong about his title, it doesn't change what he said.

Not specific to you, Smooth, just using your quote as a launch pad! Here's the video link in which Kaine and Desiree confirm the baby was with Terri at the school. It's right at the launch of the video, so you don't even need to watch the full 12 minutes: http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/07/kyron_hormans_parents_share_de.html

They seem so sure that I believe this item has been confirmed to them by LE. No hesitation, IMO. Here's my little transcript of the relevant bit.

Interviewer: Kaine, I have to ask, K***, on the morning that Kyron went missing, was she at home, or was she at daycare, or where was she?

Kaine: She was with Terri. (Kaine nods, Desiree nods.)

Interviewer: With Terri. Was she with Terri at the school? Or----

Kaine: Yes. (Kaine nods, Desiree nods.)

Yes, Portland Mama you are absolutely correct, I remember it very clearly bcause DY is nodding whem the question of baby K is asked to Kaine.. It stood out to me and the reason I so clearly rremember it is bcause I was shocked to hear this... I guess the only answer can be what DairyGirl stated here....
I always felt that they left out the information about the baby to see if any body mentioned that. If it wasn't publicly known that the baby was there and a witness talks about seeing TH and Kyron and didn't mention the baby then LE would know they weren't being honest. Also, I felt that the reason that Kaine was so sure that baby K was at the science fair that morning was because LE told him so.

Just so we're clear, though, it's the superintendent who is quoted as saying the teachers "thought" they saw them leave together. I'm not parsing words here, just going off what was said.

Yes, I understand that. I was not directing that at you in particular. I was jumping off your post and directing it to the statement in general. Thanks for allowing me to clear that up.

God. Just this morning I thought I was finally off the fence for good. I'm getting splinters from climbing up and down on it.

Here I go back up again...

sheesh, you and me both -
I still think it would be way too coincidental for her not to have anything to do with the disappearance....

will finish the rest of the thread now -

Your post made me think of a question I'd not had before.....if TH went to the Science Fair with Kyron, why were they separated at all during the time TH was at the school? If I went to school with my child, I think that I would stick with him until I left?

I have thought this, too. And all we can do is speculate or give possibilities of why. I do have a couple very good and legitimate thoughts of why, but am not sure if it is ok to speculate what we think may be the reason they were separated at that time... it isnt a rumor only a speculation of IMO as to why Kyron was with friends and not TMH.. is it ok to posts those reasons or is that not appropriate?

IMO, the two teachers saw Terri and Kyron walking toward the school exit, but LE has no witnesses who saw them get into the truck...thus bringing up reasonable doubt. I always thought that the questionnaire was sent out in hopes that someone saw Kyron with TH in the truck after the fair (either at school or elsewhere), and I am not convined that they don't have such witness statements. LE has said that TH is the last known person to have seen Kryon and they have not modified that statement.

The two teachers each saw them independently in different classrooms. Kyrons teacher thought they left together. I will see if I can locate the article that says that.

ETA okay I posted a portion of the article below

Your post made me think of a question I'd not had before.....if TH went to the Science Fair with Kyron, why were they separated at all during the time TH was at the school? If I went to school with my child, I think that I would stick with him until I left?

Well, we all like to think that. But the reality is they are vibrant, interactive exciting events where active little boys are in seventh heaven. There is no way short of leashes you could "stick with" a 7 year old boy at one of those! Whew! Lining up a dozen chickens for review would be easier.

Hmm, the way it is written in the article leads me to believe he saw the truck in the parking lot during the science fair. It may be the writer of the story or may be something else. I can see where different people will interpret that sentence differently. I"m okay with the old saying, 'lets agree to disagree!'. I just don't want you to think I want to argue that point, because I don't. UGH - crazy case! :banghead:

Yes, totally crazy and disorienting! Query - when did the little classmate look out and see the truck?

Anybody know where the gym is? I'm still looking for the floorplan pics. Is it the building with the white roof? The larger one? or the grey roof building in the back?

School4.jpg

Whoa! Excellent pic, thx. How would anyone see a truck out there? Are there windows from the gym that show the parking lot? Where can a person inside the school get a good look at what vehicles are in the parking lot?

He may have seen the truck when he got to school. He doesn't say he saw it at the time he was with Kyron in the gym.

That may be true, but we don't know yet, at least I don't, if the child witness came to school before or after Kyron got there with TH. I'm open.:innocent:

The two teachers each saw them independently in different classrooms. Kyrons teacher thought they left together. I will see if I can locate the article that says that.

Yes, please see if you can locate the article. I haven't heard this before.

But..... this little boy also referred to a substitute teacher that was inside the classroom that day. Matt Shelby, Portland Public Schools, stated that there was NOT a substitute teacher in this class on June 4th. This little boy may be an unreliable witness because of his statement about the substitute.

Why is it that none of these people recall seeing TH with her toddler? Her husband stated that, to the best of his knowledge, she took the toddler to the science fair.

I'm positive I read an earlier newspaper report in which a friend of TH was quoted as saying that she had left the toddler with "the babysitter" that morning, but it was not a big deal (to her friend) that TH left her with a sitter. The friend was on Terri's side. I'm still looking for the article, but it's eluded me so far to find it again.

To the best of his (KH's) knowledge the toddler was with TH? Was he asked to say that by LE? Maybe LE doesn't want the babysitter pulled into it being such a valuable witness? As sleuthers, we can be merciless seeking out the truth.

And I want the truth, whether I am right or wrong in my current opinion.

QUOTED FROM thread #1 and was posted by Calliope:

'Although the school usually opens at 8:35 a.m. and the final bell rings 10 minutes later, the school opened as early as 8 Friday for the science fair, said Matt Shelby, spokesman for Portland Public Schools.

Other students and parents showed up early as well to check out the fair, and Terri and Kyron saw people they knew while looking at the exhibits, Carol Moulton said.

Terri often volunteers at the school, working closely with Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter. Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point.

At 8:45 a.m. when the bell rang, Terri walked her stepson down the hall close to his class.

"He told her, 'I'm going back to the classroom, Mom,' and she waves to him and left," Carol Moulton said. "She thought he was safely at school just like he is everyday."

What happened to the boy who went missing is unclear.

Carol Moulton said the kids were supposed to report to their classes and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone. Afterward, when they returned to their classes for roll call, Kyron wasn't there, she said.'

Calliope quoted this from an article but I haven't found the link to the article. It comes from post #497

I want to know why still after all this time NONE of these witnesses EVER state a word about seeing baby K... Why is this? And why on the flyers does it not say anything seeing this woman with a baby? Says kyron, says terri, says white truck, but no where or nothing about baby k... Why?

IMO i really dont think she was there. why else would no one out of all these ppl ever mention. Not even the little classmate in the beginning that s gma decided to let him speak to media even tho LE said not to. He sees Kyron, He sees Terri, but yet never a word about baby K.

Personally, I don't think the toddler was there, but if she was, this may be one of those facts that LE holds back to verify witness statements, i.e., if they say they saw TH, then they mention the baby girl, too. If they don't, well, then them seeing TH may be in question.

Apologies to DairyGirl post #108. Didn't see your post before I replied to SmoothOperator....we were thinking along the same lines...and you were first!

QUOTED FROM thread #1 and was posted by Calliope:

'Although the school usually opens at 8:35 a.m. and the final bell rings 10 minutes later, the school opened as early as 8 Friday for the science fair, said Matt Shelby, spokesman for Portland Public Schools.

Other students and parents showed up early as well to check out the fair, and Terri and Kyron saw people they knew while looking at the exhibits, Carol Moulton said.

Terri often volunteers at the school, working closely with Kyron's teacher, Kristina Porter. Shelby said that Porter saw Kyron in her classroom with his stepmom before 8:45 a.m. and another instructor reported seeing him in another classroom at some point.

At 8:45 a.m. when the bell rang, Terri walked her stepson down the hall close to his class.

"He told her, 'I'm going back to the classroom, Mom,' and she waves to him and left," Carol Moulton said. "She thought he was safely at school just like he is everyday."

What happened to the boy who went missing is unclear.

Carol Moulton said the kids were supposed to report to their classes and be divided into small groups of a few students each. Each group was supposed to tour the science fair with a chaperone. Afterward, when they returned to their classes for roll call, Kyron wasn't there, she said.'

Calliope quoted this from an article but I haven't found the link to the article. It comes from post #497

Thanks for finding this article. I do wonder if these are the same two teachers that thought Kyron and Terri were leaving together? The article doesn't mention anything about leaving.

I will say, I didn't know that Kyron allegedly referred to Terri as "mom" and that really shocks me! I don't believe that's common when a biological mom is still in the picture and in all honesty, I find it hard to believe in this case.

I'm really hoping that it will turn out that other parent/family photos at the Science Fair will have provided a time line that LE has been piecing together all along, even though obviously we aren't privy to this info now.

I can just see in my mind's eye how a collection of pictures from various parents that fateful morning could be lined up in time stamp order to provide a "story of the morning" that offers up some hard evidence of who was present where and when and might not have known that just an elbow or an edge of clothing, etc. was caught in the camera's eye.

Also, I would imagine there is some video footage from that morning with the ubiquitous video camera phones, nanos, etc. that make documenting a child's special moments so easy for us.

Every picture does "tell a story" and the "collected works" of parents that day could in toto produce a v-e-r-y revealing picture.

Okay this is driving me insane.... Awhile back I was watching Glenn Beck and on his show he was talking about how things happen right in front of you and you never see it, of course he was talking about the way the government is slowly taking away are freedoms and we dont see it, but that is not my point. He showed a short video of a bunch of people loading an air plane, and the engine was running on the plane there was a lot going on in the video, then he took and played the same video but removed something from the video and asked if you could see what it was, and honestly you could not. He called it something, but I cant remember what it was called it was something about organised chaos and how our brains only focus on what is important, he talked about how this is how people can commit crimes in plain sight without being seen. I am convinced that is what happened here, I think that there was so much "organised chaos" that no one payed attention to a certain person or person's, and I think that was what the whole point of going to the science fair in the first place was about. Everyone was distracted, go there create an alibi, let people see you and Kyron, and slip out with out being seen.
I do beleive these people saw Kyron and the SM that day, and I beleive that was part of the plan. No one was expecting a crime to take place so no one was paying attention, these folks saw both of them that day because that was the plan, to create an alibi. People hide in plain sight all the time, I have always heard the best place to hide a leaf is in a tree, So I apply the same concept here. The best place to commit a crime would be in plain sight in a crowd. JMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bbm

I think deep down, maybe we DO. It's a heck of a lot less scary to believe that the stepmom took him away than the thought of a predator making his way inside a school and snatching a child.

Not specific to you, Smooth, just using your quote as a launch pad! Here's the video link in which Kaine and Desiree confirm the baby was with Terri at the school. It's right at the launch of the video, so you don't even need to watch the full 12 minutes: http://videos.oregonlive.com/oregonian/2010/07/kyron_hormans_parents_share_de.html

They seem so sure that I believe this item has been confirmed to them by LE. No hesitation, IMO. Here's my little transcript of the relevant bit.

Interviewer: Kaine, I have to ask, K***, on the morning that Kyron went missing, was she at home, or was she at daycare, or where was she?

Kaine: She was with Terri. (Kaine nods, Desiree nods.)

Interviewer: With Terri. Was she with Terri at the school? Or----

Kaine: Yes. (Kaine nods, Desiree nods.)

That's my problem - "no hesitation" It's almost as if they were anticipating this question and answered it so quickly. They don't believe anything TH says; why this particular point?

Well, we all like to think that. But the reality is they are vibrant, interactive exciting events where active little boys are in seventh heaven. There is no way short of leashes you could "stick with" a 7 year old boy at one of those! Whew! Lining up a dozen chickens for review would be easier.

I can easily picture what you described and it makes sense on the face of it. Then again, we're dealing with a little boy who allegedly wouldn't leave his yard or even get out of bed without permission.
Perhaps he felt safer and more at liberty in his school environment?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nosferatu
Back