NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we are spoiled to certain states that release every step of progress like FL does with the sunshine law.

IMO just because NC does not have that law, we are not hearing and seeing every step. We have not seen all the evidence the state has.

Most murder trials take a long time to go to trial. Casey Anthony still has not gone to trial and it's been 2 years. But, since she is in FL we have so much to look at and talk about. There are document dumps all the time.

IMO just because we aren't privy to the details of Shaniya's case does not mean there is no progress. It does not mean the case is being swept under the rug.

Waiting for trials. All the info will come out then.

Could take a while. I will try to be patient and let the slow wheels of justice turn.

I have faith AD and MAM will pay dearly.

If I turn out to br wrong, I will be outraged and very upset. But, IMO it's too early for that. We need to see what happens at trial.

JMO

No word yet?

I'm working late so I've not really been able to look much today.

I cant find any updates...going to bed!! :-(

I have not found any REAL updates in many months. a few words here and there is not an update.

As you know sweet Susie Q. I get furious with people who want to stroke any bad situation and pretend that something else is going on.

It is clear as day that this case is not getting the attention it deserves. the "B" junkie prostitute is out as if life goes on. :banghead: The father has a speaking engagement here and there :furious: the State is really only concerned with its economic status.
SADDLY :( :( Shaniya is a statistic. Yes MAM will go away till they let him out - and she will get a few years and get out too. I am not giving up, but I am not digging my head in the sand either and calling it justice.

Has not went to trial yet.

No way to know right now what will happen.

Can't call anything justice yet until we see the outcome.

Still too early.

JMO

I agree Kimberly. It is slow coming, but they will pay.

SOB MAM got out of jail before so what does it mean he will pay. unless they throw away the key I do not trust it.

she is not even charged with enough for them to throw away the key :sick:

BUT I REALLY hope you are right and I am wrong, I just don't believe I am wrong on this one, and my intuition has so far worked just fine in the past 60 some years.

Unfortunately beaurocracy will always win out, IMHO. They will make themselves feel better by saying that the gentrification of Fayetteville will help so many. I worry that our one little girl will not get the justice she deserves. I know the wheels turn slowly, however I am afraid that they are hoping the passionate feelings will dissipate and they can sweep this under the rug quickly and without too much noise.

I hope I'm wrong...I would LOVE to be wrong!

I don't know about truly always winning out (the thought makes me too sad to think about) but it is certainly true that the heavy military and military intel presence in Fayetteville has an impact on crime reporting and trials in the community. We have a lot of heavy hitters here, kwim?
That said, I do think Shaniya's justice will come....no passionate feelings have been or will be lost, from a locals standpoint anyway.

I will never forget this child, nor will I ever forget to keep her memory alive in the community.

Now if only there were a way to bring life back to those passed. :(

SOB MAM got out of jail before so what does it mean he will pay. unless they throw away the key I do not trust it.

she is not even charged with enough for them to throw away the key :sick:

BUT I REALLY hope you are right and I am wrong, I just don't believe I am wrong on this one, and my intuition has so far worked just fine in the past 60 some years.

Don't want to speak for JustToSeeYouSmile, but I will anyway. ;)

I think they just meant....we are all frustrated by the wheels of justice on this case, but truly feel that it will come.

We're just all having a hard time with the gear those wheels seem to be in.

Most murder trials take a while to go to trial don't they?

I'm just not seeing the "swept under the rug" thing here.

Just because we don't have all the details on what the state has on the two evil ones does not mean they don't have anything.

Just because we are not getting updates on the state's every step does not mean they are not making progress.

No law in NC like FL's sunshine law is there?

I will continue to have faith and not freak out until I have reason to.

JMO

Most murder trials take a while to go to trial don't they?

I'm just not seeing the "swept under the rug" thing here.

Just because we don't have all the details on what the state has on the two evil ones does not mean they don't have anything.

Just because we are not getting updates on the state's every step does not mean they are not making progress.

No law in NC like FL's sunshine law is there?

I will continue to have faith and not freak out until I have reason to.

JMO

No, no sunshine law here.

I too continue to have faith. The community (LE, court, DSS, you name it...) has not forgotten Shaniya around these parts. As frustrating as it is to hear so little and be kept quiet- I do think they are trying to hit him hook line and sinker with the death penalty.

And I am not even a believer in above-named form of justice. But I do think it is the case.

I struggle with the death penalty too Oriah, but like you, in this case...I'd like to see MAM fry.

I would also like to see AD fry. She knew what she was doing. She sold her daughter for a fix. She is evil.

Don't want to speak for JustToSeeYouSmile, but I will anyway. ;)

I think they just meant....we are all frustrated by the wheels of justice on this case, but truly feel that it will come.

We're just all having a hard time with the gear those wheels seem to be in.
Oriah Hi, Yes I am frustrated, .....This is a big enough case to be in the papers, often IMO to much in this case is hidden I just dont like it. Shaniya and other child victim deserve the kind of case that SCREEMS.... "WE WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT - THIS CHILD DID NOT DIE IN VAIN...SHE WILL GET JUSTICE, AND WE WILL THROW THE DYS AWAY."
Sorry my friend too much is hidden in this case to preserve the face of NC.

Oriah Hi, Yes I am frustrated, .....This is a big enough case to be in the papers, often IMO to much in this case is hidden I just dont like it. Shaniya and other child victim deserve the kind of case that SCREEMS.... "WE WILL GET TO THE BOTTOM OF IT - THIS CHILD DID NOT DIE IN VAIN...SHE WILL GET JUSTICE, AND WE WILL THROW THE DYS AWAY."
Sorry my friend too much is hidden in this case to preserve the face of NC.

If people only bought and sold children in NC... unfortunately it happens nationwide and worldwide- the shame is on our society as a whole.

I'm hoping for media attention for Shaniya in the fall, perhaps the anniversary?

If I was the owner/manager of the hotel, I'd have her beautiful face on the wall, with a plaque that reads:
"We are so sorry we failed you, Shaniya. Never again.
Signed,
The World."

As it is, I can barely stand to drive by it daily.

If people only bought and sold children in NC... unfortunately it happens nationwide and worldwide- the shame is on our society as a whole.

I'm hoping for media attention for Shaniya in the fall, perhaps the anniversary?
If I was the owner/manager of the hotel, I'd have her beautiful face on the wall, with a plaque that reads:
Signed,
The World."

BBM

Yes, or when the trials start and there is news to report.

IMO this was one of the biggest new stories of 2009. This case got a ton of coverage.

But, as we sit right now, what is there to report on? We know nothing until we get info from the trials.

Around her birthday, her family (BL) tried to raise awareness with Shaniya's day. There were several stories printed. Coverage.
But, that was not what was "wanted".

Not sure what is wanted at this time.

The fact is there is nothing to report or nothing to sweep under a rug at this time.
We are just waiting for trials.

This is not unusual IMO. Go to Somer's thread and look at how little has been reported lately. Just waiting on JH's trial.

Once the perp(s) is(are) caught and charged, it's a waiting game for the state and the defense to get their info and evidence together for trial.

JMO

BBM

Yes, or when the trials start and there is news to report.

IMO this was one of the biggest new stories of 2009. This case got a ton of coverage.

But, as we sit right now, what is there to report on? We know nothing until we get info from the trials.

Around her birthday, her family (BL) tried to raise awareness with Shaniya's day. There were several stories printed. Coverage.
But, that was not what was "wanted".

Not sure what is wanted at this time.

The fact is there is nothing to report or nothing to sweep under a rug at this time.
We are just waiting for trials.

This is not unusual IMO. Go to Somer's thread and look at how little has been reported lately. Just waiting on JH's trial.

Once the perp(s) is(are) caught and charged, it's a waiting game for the state and the defense to get their info and evidence together for trial.

JMO

I know, and I dont want to come across as some "black cloud" hanging over this case. I never used to be such a cynical person, but after watching a rogue dentist destroy my sister's health and life and walk away (sold his practice for a couple mil and settled with her through insurance) I realized that justice as we like to think of it, is a rarity. We watch people that MURDER come out of jail after a measly eighteen years...able to enjoy life while their victim/s is rotting in a grave. I am sorry about my attitude...maybe I need to take a break.:-(

I know, and I dont want to come across as some "black cloud" hanging over this case. I never used to be such a cynical person, but after watching a rogue dentist destroy my sister's health and life and walk away (sold his practice for a couple mil and settled with her through insurance) I realized that justice as we like to think of it, is a rarity. We watch people that MURDER come out of jail after a measly eighteen years...able to enjoy life while their victim/s is rotting in a grave. I am sorry about my attitude...maybe I need to take a break.:-(

I understand how you feel suzy. I've read your sister's story before somewhere on here I think. It's been a few months ago since I read it. It may have been while we chatted on Shaniya's thread last fall.
I'm so sorry she has had to go through what she has. Heartbreaking.

And also, I am a bit nervous at times when I'm thinking about Shaniya, that the two evil ones will not get what they deserve. But, I believe they will "get theirs". If not on earth, in Heaven. Just the way I look at it. I'm not trying to sugar coat anything at all. I just think they will pay.

Now, I also think if I obsess over what WILL HAPPEN as far as trial and sentencing goes on every case I follow here on WS I will go mad.

My point is, I see no difference in the waiting in this case than any other murder case. I think Shaniya's case will go to trial and the state will win. I thank God for that. There are so many murdered children who are never found, or are found and the killers are never found. The murderer(s) are going to trial in this case. That's a blessing. She's got a better shot at justice than many others. Thank God for that.

IMO there is no way NC can sweep this case under the rug. It was covered heavily for months. I'm sure there are people all over this country maybe even the world who are just like us. They think of Shaniya every day like we do. They pray for justice like we do. And, they will be watching when the trials start just like we will be.

NC has not swept Shaniya's case under a rug. They are not covering up info or hiding facts. They are preparing to put away 2 evil "humans" who did the unthinkable.

JMO

Snipped by me:
<My point is, I see no difference in the waiting in this case than any other murder case. I think Shaniya's case will go to trial and the state will win. I thank God for that. There are so many murdered children who are never found, or are found and the killers are never found. The murderer(s) are going to trial in this case. That's a blessing. She's got a better shot at justice than many others. Thank God for that.>

God... isn't that one of the most true- and most sad- statements ever made.
Unfortunately, Kimberlyd...I totally agree.

This world needs to change.

Signed,
The World."

NC is one of the very worst states for trafficking children because of the many highways that take you almost anywhere. Florida is another because the water takes you to any Island from where you can continue your trip.

STATES that have a real challenge with that problem should give it a lot more.
NC has spent a lot of money on new malls and condos, and fear to lose new relocation activity. SO THEY KEEPT THIS CASE ON THE DOWN LOW !!! that is a fact.

NOW...the Mother not getting charged with accessory to murder makes me very sick.

This case is not handled properly. YES MAM will go to jail, he has been there before and sadly the authorities seem to like having a revolving door at the expense of some innocent person. Monster Mom will be out too...While Shaniaya will never have one more free day.

So the fact that it does happen all over the world is not very comforting.

Snipped by me:
<My point is, I see no difference in the waiting in this case than any other murder case. I think Shaniya's case will go to trial and the state will win. I thank God for that. There are so many murdered children who are never found, or are found and the killers are never found. The murderer(s) are going to trial in this case. That's a blessing. She's got a better shot at justice than many others. Thank God for that.>

God... isn't that one of the most true- and most sad- statements ever made.
Unfortunately, Kimberlyd...I totally agree.

This world needs to change.
I wonder what the state will win means. OK MAM is going to jail...Monster Mom is too. when will they get out? MAM probably in 20 years The AD probably in 5 years. just my perception from watching this.
I do not call that a win for Shaniya.
I AM SURE THAT AT THE END OF THIS TRIAL THEY ARE GOING TO JAIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean