Kyron's doctors appointment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay do you have a link to support that this is the person? I really thought those two people hadn't been identified in the media.

The individual was identified through reverse lookup in White Pages, but related posts were deleted because the person has not been named by MSM.

Well, I'm not sure how having her home splashed across MSM means she's not identified.

So true. Especially with the sign out front of the school advertising the time and date of the fair. A pedophile's dream come true!

The aerial view of the school tells me differently. It's isolated, there's only one way directly into the school parking lot and courtyard area, and a predator would stick out like a sore thumb there. There's also a backroad, but if the predator saw the sign out front, they wouldn't necessarily know there was a back road. If I was a predator, that is not a place I would try and snatch a kid. No way. There's too much risk at a school anyway, but far too much risk at that particular school. And if I was a predator related to a kid at the school, that would up the risk even more of kids seeing me and knowing who I am. No, I don't think this could have been a pedophile child abduction, and I will be shocked if I am wrong.

If we don't have a link to MSM about the other two friends we cannot discuss them sorry. We are not sure what 2 friends are being questioned. We can guess but that is not how we roll.

Yes there was an article in the paper and that post stands with the comments from the friend. The rest is rumor at this point peeps. Thanks.

The aerial view of the school tells me differently. It's isolated, there's only one way directly into the school parking lot and courtyard area, and a predator would stick out like a sore thumb there. There's also a backroad, but if the predator saw the sign out front, they wouldn't necessarily know there was a back road. If I was a predator, that is not a place I would try and snatch a kid. No way. There's too much risk at a school anyway, but far too much risk at that particular school. And if I was a predator related to a kid at the school, that would up the risk even more of kids seeing me and knowing who I am. No, I don't think this could have been a pedophile child abduction, and I will be shocked if I am wrong.

With all the people there that morning, and all the cars, a predator would have been assumed to be just another relative of a kid. Or since persons working at the school didn't have to wear ID badges, he/she could have been thought to be just another school employee or contractor.

I don't know if I can think like a predator, :shudder:, but if I was a predator in the Portland area, I'd be much more likely to hang out in the city proper, near downtown or one of the large malls, go to one of the large local festivals, public water fountains, etc. Lots more opportunity, can melt into the crowds quicker, more transportation options, etc. Also depending on the perv's age preference, lots of runaways end up in Portland, unfortunately.

Here's an example from 2006, sorry, I can't find a local report on this right now:

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4686888

Luckily the girl was safe.

I think if in Kyron's case this was a non-family abduction (and I don't think that Kyron wandered away), it was someone at least somewhat known to him. :twocents:

With all the people there that morning, and all the cars, a predator would have been assumed to be just another relative of a kid. Or since persons working at the school didn't have to wear ID badges, he/she could have been thought to be just another school employee or contractor.

Still, incredibly risky. That would have to be one desperate pedophile to choose that isolated school with that tight layout and only one way in or out, unless they knew about that backroad, but even then, I still think it's way too risky. A crowded mall or a big park with plenty of entrances and exits would be far less risky than that school. And this would also be the most lucky pedophile on the planet because someone else has been investigated and there's been nothing about even investigating pedophiles. I mean, what are the odds? It's not impossible, but I just don't see it.

Still, incredibly risky. That would have to be one desperate pedophile to choose that isolated school with that tight layout and only one way in or out, unless they knew about that backroad, but even then, I still think it's way too risky. A crowded mall or a big park with plenty of entrances and exits would be far less risky than that school. And this would also be the most lucky pedophile on the planet because someone else has been investigated and there's been nothing about even investigating pedophiles. I mean, what are the odds? It's not impossible, but I just don't see it.

My understanding is that predators are indeed risk-takers, due to a compulsion to prey.

Perhaps it wasn't a stranger, but a school employee, contractor, or relative of a student.

When you think for a minute who pedophiles sometimes are ... coaches, teachers, parents, etc., then perhaps a pedophile at Skyline that day would not stick out like a sore thumb.

It's not like they wear neon signs.

When you think for a minute who pedophiles sometimes are ... coaches, teachers, parents, etc., then perhaps a pedophile at Skyline that day would not stick out like a sore thumb.

Oh, so sadly true. We spend our time worrying about the guys like John Couey (I think that was his name), and yes, they exist. But our kids are much more likely to be molested by a "funny" uncle, an older sibling, a scout leader, the owner of the riding stable- all people we know. And kids who are murdered are more apt to be murdered by a family member.

Slightly OT but responding to Noway. I posted elsewhere on this topic about a former teacher at the elementary school that my DD attended. Many years later, there was a local news story about this man being arrested and charged with child molestation and *advertiser censored*. He had not been my child's teacher but was highly regarded by parents and students. I shuddered just thinking about what might have happened to neighborhood children :( and no one was the wiser.

I admit, it could be someone that worked for the school or could be unnoticed. That's not impossible. I just don't, myself, think there's a high probability of that. I'm more for someone using the school to take attention away from themselves and what they did to Kyron. But I am not saying the pedophile angle is wrong. I just think of it as 80 percent family related, 20 percent pedophile.

I admit, it could be someone that worked for the school or could be unnoticed. That's not impossible. I just don't, myself, think there's a high probability of that. I'm more for someone using the school to take attention away from themselves and what they did to Kyron. But I am not saying the pedophile angle is wrong. I just think of it as 80 percent family related, 20 percent pedophile.

I don't think so either. A school worker would be missed if he/she took off partway through the day, or disappeared for an hour or so. Especially when they would know full well that a missing child would spark a fast response including taking official note of any other "missing" people, teachers, janitors, etc.

I don't think so either. A school worker would be missed if he/she took off partway through the day, or disappeared for an hour or so. Especially when they would know full well that a missing child would spark a fast response including taking official note of any other "missing" people, teachers, janitors, etc.

Except it didn't spark a fast response.

Hi everyone, just read this thread. In this video ABC news Good Morning America reported the step mom told several teachers Kyron had a Dr's appointment on the day he went missing. Then said afterward it was for a few days later.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/break-missing-kyron-horman-case-11234666

Not sure if this helps or leaves more questions.

This information, if true, would knock me off the fence!!! The ABC reporter says that their affiliate, KATU, learned of the multiple teachers and students (paraphrasing) telling LE that TH said Kyron had a Dr.'s appt THAT day... however, I am not finding that information in any of the KATU articles... guess I'm still on the fence! :waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox