Discussion: Why are Terri's friends Acting this way.

Also from your link, but left out when you quoted:

The woman said she and her two friends - Spicher and Terri Horman - only decided to get the AT&T phones because their existing Verizon phones did not work well at the Hormans' home, which is in a remote area.

The part you quoted was "added" after this. One more reason to keep your mouth shut like the lawyer says. She may have just been babbling into the silence and threw in all the possibilities they discussed. But their primary reason, she said, was reception.

The only thing suspicious about that to me is assuming you are going to get better reception with AT&T. :angel:

So after all the years Terri lived in that home, it was only after Kyron went missing she cared about Verizon's reception? Seriously?

So after all the years Terri lived in that home, it was only after Kyron went missing she cared about Verizon's reception? Seriously?

This post made me spew coffee and laugh - thank you! :dance: That is such a good point!

The point is that you don't have to register it. You can buy them at WalMart with cash and show no ID. A friend of mine has done this for her teenager who keeps losing his phone. He is stuck with these til he buys his own!

That's why I want to know what these friends supposedly "lied" about. If you don't have to show ID, then whom did they lie to? If it is some form that comes with the phone, then this is just one more thing being twisted around, IMHO.

It's not the way the phone was bought that is the problem. It's the reasons for buying the phone.

They were doing it to deceive the police and go under their radar while Terri was involved in a "criminal" investigation. They all deserve to get their butts burned and their feet caught in the door because they have incriminated themselves by getting too involved. Using a fake id or name is only one aspect of it - but it's also a deceitful aspect as well.

Just because it's easy to lie about your name doesn't make it right. I could tell everyone I meet a different name every day, but that would only make me a liar and why would anyone trust a liar?

From what I've read, it was the other women who were worried about the coverage. They were the ones who purchased the phones and testified to that, anyway.

Well, you can't send sexy pics from a landline, can you? :twocents:

Do they have one? Or Skype? I suppose she might have used one of those instead of her cell earlier but it does sound very odd as an excuse for me. Why would Terri have kept a phone that doesn't function at her home? Sometimes people do if their employer provides them a phone. Did Intel offer Kaine an employee phone plan that covered family members phones too?

I do think, from what we think we've learned thus far about the batphones -- that it was the friends who were concerned about their phone reception while they were spending so much of their time with TH after KH and Baby K left.

I don't think TH had a problem with her cell phone reception from home, based on what I've read. She certainly does not seem like a person who would tolerate living in a location where she couldn't have full use of her electronic options!

I do think that her friends' difficulty with cell phone reception while they were spending so much time with her could have played directly into her then being able to request that friends buy her a batphone(s) because the situation with reception dovetailed nicely with her need/want/desire to have an alternate source of cell phone communication to avoid LE monitoring her cell phone activity. (This is part of the "dumb luck" theory I've postulated on another thread about the criminal mind and how that "dumb luck" can further the accomplishment of the criminal's agenda. Further it at least for a while..........)

And, please remember, as far as we know for now, the purchase of the batphones happened after TH was nailed for the text/sexting fiasco with MC.

The revelations from LE to KH about the alleged MFH and TH's text/sexting are what led to KH moving out and then filing for the RO. I wonder how this info played/didn't play in the minds of TH's "Batphone Brigade"? What did they make of all that drama? What made them then continue on to procure a phone(s) for TH knowing what they then knew (along with all the rest of us) about the dalliance with MC?

More ??? than answers, that's for sure!
And, it's :bedtime:

From my exp. when someone in the family hurts a child, many friends and family members will not believe it, even when the evidence is there. It calls into question their judgements about the perp, and the terror that the moral center of the family is destroyed. The betrayal so complete, so horrible that denial kicks in as grief takes over. Some people never move past this stage, they can believe the moon is made of swiss cheese if it keeps the protective cover on. Something like this strips family and friends raw down to the bone.

No, I think she already had AT&T (or whatever) and asked them to get her a new phone. I imagine Kaine either kicked her off her phone or had let her know he had the right to view her texts and call log. LE may even have taken her phone as evidence. Obviously the info about the sexting wasn't private, nor was the alleged payment to the lawyer. Who knows what else LE might show Kaine and then Kaine and Desiree might tell the press?

She has no source of income, probably no credit cards that aren't Kaines, so she asks her friends to get her one of the cheapie disposable phones at WalMart. And just so her name doesn't end up on some mailing list, please don't use her real name on any forms b/c she doesn't want any more calls from the press.

Since coverage sucks at her house, they decide maybe they should get one of those phones too if they were going to be staying or spending lots of time there.

This is a fence thing for me. I could see it as being innocent, or I could see it as her manipulating her friends or I could see it as a giant conspiracy. I just don't think it's entirely clear which of those is true.

Jumping in here...This statement from Aleshire rubbers me the wrong way... it sounds so familiar...something that would come from Patsy Ramsey or one of Patsy's friends. Bolded by me.
"I can't tell you what happened, but I can tell you that you guys are going down a dead end," Aleshire said just before she entered the courthouse.
http://www.koinlocal6.com/mostpopul...al-appears-before/2Ls683NdO0mfFAKnUn2ZHQ.cspx

I have been trying to catch up on this thread and just wanted to throw in my little opinion...If my best friend since 2nd grade was in this same situation as TH and asked me to get her a cell phone for privacy from the authorities my response would be no, just let them listen then you can get cleared or whatever. I would actually get her the phone then tell Le but I'm sneaky like that. Also, how much dang time were TH's friends out at her house besided DDS that they would need an extra cell phone just for coverage? Thats so dumb. I mean think about it. Weere they all living there too? Man this just makes me so sad and mad. What a dumb excuse. Can they not give the land line number to whomever need to talk to them that bad. My goodness. What a weak excuse. I can just imagine telling my husband or family, Hey yall you know my friend who is under suspicion for the disappearance of her step son, well I am going to be spending alot of time at her house and since my phone doesn't work, I am getting a new on that is untraceable for privacy. Haha that would not go over well. I think it is a lie after lie. Sorry for my rant but this just makes me so angry.

Maybe they are involved in some way...........not in KYRON but someone little game or afraid of being caught on something else, so they needed new phones to continue
JMOO

From the current news articles at the top of the page for yesterday (and still up so far today, 8/10) it says that "But, Spicher told a Grand Jury on Friday that she, another girlfriend and Kyron’s stepmom, Terri Horman, each bought an untraceable cell phone the day the little boy vanished."

If true, I wonder, did it happen before the boy was discovered missing?
If after, how did they find the time to do so?
What a strange coincidence to buy these phones on that particular day.
I will say it kind of gives me hope that maybe...just maybe...this little boy *is* stashed somewhere.
How awesome would that be if he were to be found alive?!!
And how hard hearted do you have to be to keep a little child away from his parents?
Unless, as some are speculating, Terri convinced others (rightly or wrongly) that someone was hurting the boy in his home, and she had to "save" him.

All moo....

From the current news articles at the top of the page for yesterday (and still up so far today, 8/10) it says that "But, Spicher told a Grand Jury on Friday that she, another girlfriend and Kyron’s stepmom, Terri Horman, each bought an untraceable cell phone the day the little boy vanished."

If true, I wonder, did it happen before the boy was discovered missing?
If after, how did they find the time to do so?
What a strange coincidence to buy these phones on that particular day.
I will say it kind of gives me hope that maybe...just maybe...this little boy *is* stashed somewhere.
How awesome would that be if he were to be found alive?!!
And how hard hearted do you have to be to keep a little child away from his parents?
Unless, as some are speculating, Terri convinced others (rightly or wrongly) that someone was hurting the boy in his home, and she had to "save" him.

All moo....

Sounds like DeDe is cooperating. If this is true (and I'd like to know the source), and the three of them bought these phones on the day Kyron went missing, then I'm off the fence for good and it's going to take something VERY big to get me back up there again. Now it's just a matter of figuring out what she did with Kyron and who else was involved (I'm convinced she had help).

About the source ... unless it's coming from her attorney or DeDe herself, then they have a leak in the grand jury. I hope someone isn't jeopardizing this case by running their mouth.

What??? If they really bought the phones the day Kyron went missing it looks very odd indeed. Their justification that they needed the phones because they moved in with Terri after Kaine was gone and the reception was lousy at the Horman home flies away with eagle wings. Misreporting?

Anyway, it's good if DS is cooperating.

What??? If they really bought the phones the day Kyron went missing it looks very odd indeed. Their justification that they needed the phones because they moved in with Terri after Kaine was gone and the reception was lousy at the Horman home flies away with eagle wings. Misreporting?

Anyway, it's good if DS is cooperating.

I asked our attorney posse what happens if it's determined someone who's sworn to secrecy is leaking grand jury information. I'm really worried that someone in there is running their mouth, because I don't see DeDe or her attorney admitting to something this damning.

Wait a sec. First of all, the date they bought the phones (and the times they bought the phones) is huge but...

Do I have it right that someone with a Verizon phone could not get through to Terris home? Because Verizons service stops right where they live? So Terri Horman could not have a Verizon phone at her home (land line) plus their cells had to be AT&T? Is that right so far? Could peeps with Verizon phones call her at home?

Could it be possible (devils advocate here for s sec) that Kaine saw the sexting, and took her phone from her, or LE took her phone and she got a throw-away phone and so did her friends so they could talk to each other? That's assuming they did NOT buy the phones on the day Kyron went missing.

If they DID buy them the day Kyron went missing, all bets are off for me and I am firmly on the "Terri did it no doubt in my mind" side of the fence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tiffany1201
Back