Dede defends Terri - People Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that the sitting in the yard talking contradicts the deadly fear for their lives just the tiniest little bit?

I mean, if they're so terrified that A Big Bad Man is out to get Terri's life and maybe Dede's too, why would they choose to sit in the yard of a very sheltered property engrossed in conversations making themselves the perfect targets for The Big Bad Man who might lurk in the woods with a rifle or something? Why not live at Dede's, maybe The Big Bad Man wouldn't know her address?

ETA: it could be A Tiny Woman too, I don't know.

To be very frank, I don't believe DeDe's statement about "them" being afraid. I think Terri may have had reason to think a web-whacky could do her harm but reasonably felt that no one would get that close. I just happen to also think she never thought that danger might already be in her house.

I think DeDe's insertion of herself into a fear was self-serving.

Does anyone else think that the sitting in the yard talking contradicts the deadly fear for their lives just the tiniest little bit?

I mean, if they're so terrified that A Big Bad Man is out to get Terri's life and maybe Dede's too, why would they choose to sit in the yard of a very sheltered property engrossed in conversations making themselves the perfect targets for The Big Bad Man who might lurk in the woods with a rifle or something? Why not live at Dede's, maybe The Big Bad Man wouldn't know her address?

ETA: it could be A Tiny Woman too, I don't know.

You always come up with things that make me go "gee why didn't I think of that" (where is the slap head icon} very thought provoking on your part Donjeta....you are a sharp cookie

Donjeta, The only answer that I can comeup with is that the need to have conversations outside the hearing of possible "bugs" placed by LE (which I assume Terri and DeDe suspected had been placed based off of DeDe's statement in People magazine) were greater than any fear of wacko asassination attempt that might occur while in the yard having these clandestine conversations.

I'm revisiting Desiree's comment that DeDe wanted "people" to not cooperate. I finally believe this statement. But I believe it wasn't to protect Terri.

I bet you're right. And I hope Kaine and Desiree were paid large sums also, they deserve it. Wishing mom and dad the best. :blowkiss:

Are there links supporting the idea that TH, or KH & DY were paid for any interviews?

And, with all due respect, I hope no one was paid for anything. If they were, any interview is negated, IMHO. I don't believe in "checkbook journalism" (an oxymoron if there ever was one).

I'm revisiting Desiree's comment that DeDe wanted "people" to not cooperate. I finally believe this statement. But I believe it wasn't to protect Terri.

Elaborate, please. I'm curious. TIA. :)

One would think that if they were so concerned for their safety at Terri's house they would have moved to DeDe's or Terri would have gone to her parents or DeDe's dad would have moved in, etc. If I'm concerned the bogeyman is going to come get me on my secluded wooded property the first place I would hang out is outside! Not!

One would think that if they were so concerned for their safety at Terri's house they would have moved to DeDe's or Terri would have gone to her parents or DeDe's dad would have moved in, etc. If I'm concerned the bogeyman is going to come get me on my secluded wooded property the first place I would hang out is outside! Not!

Oh gosh, now you are making me wonder if there was a reason TH DID NOT leave the house. Did LE ask her to stay put? Did her attorney advice her to stay put for now? OR is there some other reason she did not want to leave that house unoccupied? And her father or mother were there too at the time, isn't that correct?

According to DS the parents had left.

A longtime friend of Terri's, Spicher stayed with her for 11 days beginning June 28, shortly after Terri's wife (sic) Kaine left her. "When Terri's parents had to leave to go back home, they asked if I would stay with her to help keep her safe," she says. "And I said of course I would."
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20413793,00.html

I think the reason she didn't leave had to do with the ability of Kaine to move back in if she was gone.

Oh gosh, now you are making me wonder if there was a reason TH DID NOT leave the house. Did LE ask her to stay put? Did her attorney advice her to stay put for now? OR is there some other reason she did not want to leave that house unoccupied? And her father or mother were there too at the time, isn't that correct?

Her parents had left. Kaine had left. LE had left. The fact TH did not leave speaks volumes to me.

This interview raises more questions than answers for me--
1. Why does DS talk only to People magazine? And why now?
2. Why did DS's lawyer say he thought Terri was about to be arrested?
3. Why does she not explain why she didn't show up for lunch on June 4th?
4. Why did Terri stay in the house after Kaine left if she believed her life was in danger?
5. Why did Terri's parents leave without her?
6. How does DS explain the deal with Michael Cook going on during that time?
7. Why did Terri not fight for visitation with baby K?
8. What was Terri's story about the MFH?

I believe DS has the answer for all these questions, and I do not believe she is telling the truth in the article. If she wants to do another interview, she had better come up with some answers to these questions if she wants someone to believe her.

I am curious about Terri's and Dede's relationship before this? Kaine stated that he didn't really know Dede but if IRC she helped plan a birthday party for Terri. They must have been really good friends for Dede to drop everything and move in with Terri. IMO.

Sorry, one more...

9. Why will she talk to People magazine, but she won't testify to a Grand Jury without immunity?

DeDe Spicher, a close friend of Terri Horman, defended Horman in a People magazine interview but there was one glaring contradiction from what sources have told the news media.

The contradiction goes to the heart of what Spicher was doing the morning Kyron Horman vanished. Multiple sources have said Spicher and Terri Horman could not account for about an hour and a half the day Kyron disappeared. And The Oregonian reported Spicher abruptly left a nursery where she was working that morning.
But according to People magazine reporter Elaine Aradillas, Spicer told her: “I never left the property that day.”

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100942434.html

"Abruptly" left would mean someone saw her leave. How else would they know it was sudden and unexpected?

So why if she abruptly left did they look for her to eat lunch? Why wouldn't the person who saw her abruptly leave inform the others that she had left? Why would they call her to eat "lunch" if she left? Call her to find out why she left maybe? But wouldn't most people just think she had left to eat lunch and not call her to eat lunch?

IMO, those reports do not make sense.

Frankly, I think Dede is telling the truth. JMO Do we have a poll on this?

I think she lawyered up on the advice of her father. I really think she believes her friend TH could not be a part of Kyron missing. I do however think that perhaps TH was in touch with Dede that day, either in person .....at the farm..... or via phone. That is the reason LE is looking at Dede, and I truly believe, that's the ONLY reason they're looking at her. Unfortunately for Dede, that's one call or information from TH that they have.

KH & DY requested "people" to come forward, something to the effect that whatever TH WAS involved in would come out by bits and pieces of what OTHER PEOPLE know. Now, I never understood exactly what they were saying by that statement, but bit by bit people have come forward about the bat phones, etc. and perhaps that's what they were referring to, simply that they knew TH had been in touch with DS that day. I really think DS is innocent of any knowledge of what happened to Kyron and feels she was needed by TH to protect her from a witch hunt. This article just reaffirms my opinion.

By the way, someone mentioned again about Dede's lawyer saying she was at home all day, gardening. I think that was a misquote and it was supposed to be that Dede was at "a" home all day, where she was working as a gardener. JMO

I don't think, and would hope, that neither an attorney or LE would ask TH to stay put if they believed she was in fear for herself...Why do they care where she stays- they would care what she says, not where she says it...I mean, maybe "stay put" as in don't leave the state but not stay in a secluded house although you're afraid to do so...I'm inclined to agree with Donjeta that she did not want to give up the house to Kaine...someone might advise her to stay if she was worried about that...

And I'm still confused as to what "protection" DS would have to offer. A fire extinguisher? C'mon. Company, support, yes. Protection? I don't think so...

"Abruptly" left would mean someone saw her leave. How else would they know it was sudden and unexpected?

So why if she abruptly left did they look for her to eat lunch? Why wouldn't the person who saw her abruptly leave inform the others that she had left? Why would they call her to eat "lunch" if she left? Call her to find out why she left maybe? But wouldn't most people just think she had left to eat lunch and not call her to eat lunch?

IMO, those reports do not make sense.

Yes, that word "abruptly" has always driven me nuts...Strange word to use unless you saw someone jump up and run off or jump into a car. I just have to let it go- some people put less thoughts into their words than others...

If Terri had left the house to move in with Dede or anyone else before she was required to do so, lots and lots of folks would be saying that she knew Kyron wasn't coming back, so no need to worry about leaving behind an empty house. Or that she was anxious to flee the scene. There is nothing she or Dede can do or say that will be "right."

I have lost all faith in "journalism" since I began following cases and only pay attention when the words are coming out of a person's mouth for me to hear.

Yes, that word "abruptly" has always driven me nuts...Strange word to use unless you saw someone jump up and run off or jump into a car. I just have to let it go- some people put less thoughts into their words than others...

Hi Nosy :)

I agree...and put it down to what I wrote above...bad writing...

I think they were afraid.

I have by my bed, a can of mace, a can of wasp spray, and a crow bar.

A friend has a butcher knife between the mattress and the box springs. (Not okay I know.)

It is a bad area, you use what you have.

Convos oustside? Well, you cannot stay inside all day, media and LE were watching anyhow, so get out and get some sun and air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissSheri