2010.08.20 RONALD L. CUMMINGS pre trial HEARING in Putnam County @ 11:00 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures from today, 9 of them. Crystal in picture number 2 looks like she wanted to go get someone. Can't say I'd blame her.

http://www.ocala.com/

Oh my, I wonder what provoked her, Marie and her brother are holding her back.
Her haircut looks nice, btw, at least I think it is cut.

Caption for the picture of Crystal today being held back:

Crystal Sheffield, the mother of missing child Haleigh Cummings, is restrained by her mother Marie Griffis and her brother Johnny Sheffield Jr., from going over to Lisa Croslin, the mother of Misty Croslin, while Croslin does an interview with the media in the parking lot of the Putnam County Courthouse Friday, August 20, 2010. (Doug Finger/The Gainesville Sun)

I think the information that Mr Cummings found out in jail might have been about other drug dealers or makers. Perhaps it was two different things...testimony in Haleigh's case and info learned in jail. Just a thought.

In reading your posts, I get the sense you have a truly large heart and I respect that. But, it sounds, to me, that Ron is willing to give up info on the timeline AND from what he has learned in jail. He would have learned about the timeline a while ago, what he learned in jail IDK. But, a snitch of that magnitude, IMO, isn't gonna last too long when word gets out he's a snitch. He has at least one other son as well--what msg does this send. Instead of pleading, why not MAN UP and tell what you know about your DAUGHTER and accept the consequences. Why make a deal for yourself first? Where are his priorities? Just spill the truth, accept the consequences and do the right thing. It really isn't that hard to do the right thing. JMO

OMG, look at Ron's eyes in this video! Then he is all smiles to! Just sick!

Even the reporter noted he was all smiles. WTH? Juxtapose his image with Crystal crying in the interview. Something ain't right here, IMO. :banghead:

In reading your posts, I get the sense you have a truly large heart and I respect that. But, it sounds, to me, that Ron is willing to give up info on the timeline AND from what he has learned in jail. He would have learned about the timeline a while ago, what he learned in jail IDK. But, a snitch of that magnitude, IMO, isn't gonna last too long when word gets out he's a snitch. He has at least one other son as well--what msg does this send. Instead of pleading, why not MAN UP and tell what you know about your DAUGHTER and accept the consequences. Why make a deal for yourself first? Where are his priorities? Just spill the truth, accept the consequences and do the right thing. It really isn't that hard to do the right thing. JMO

Can't argue with that! :) You make great points.

If Mr Cummings thought he was protecting someone unjustly accused (namely his girlfriend/wife) perhaps he would hold his piece about the timeline. Maybe he changed his mind after he heard her stories change? I am not siding with the drug dealing or his criminal activities of that nature. But I don't think, from all that I have seen and read since this case began, that Mr Cummings harmed his daughter. He seemed to love her very much.

Besides I am pining my faith on LE knowing way more facts than I do.

Can't argue with that! :) You make great points.

If Mr Cummings thought he was protecting someone unjustly accused (namely his girlfriend/wife) perhaps he would hold his piece about the timeline. Maybe he changed his mind after he heard her stories change? I am not siding with the drug dealing or his criminal activities of that nature. But I don't think, from all that I have seen and read since this case began, that Mr Cummings harmed his daughter. He seemed to love her very much.

Besides I am pining my faith on LE knowing way more facts than I do.

ITA that whatever befell Haleigh wasn't intentional--but after the fact....UGH

I think Ron DID love her to the best of his ability, he again was a "victim" of dysfunction, his mom gave him up to be raised by her mother so this impacts some more than others. It is truly just a heartbreaking scenario and I have great faith that Crystal is stronger now and will see Jr through all of this. Thanks. :)

Lots of people love their children that doesn't mean they're good parents.

Yep HH....Jr is going to need a lot of help. His formative years were spent with an immature father with a wicked temper and lack of good judgement.

The first four years are the most important years. It is where the personality is developed. Crystal has her hands full. Jr. will need a lot of support to overcome his fears, anxiety, etc.

I have not read but bits and pieces of this thread as it's too long.
I do have an opinion however and you probably wont agree.
Blood is boiling through my veins.
In my town, if I know certain people are trafficing in drugs then so do the cops. In my town certain people get away with it and others don't.
In my opinion Ronald Cummings has something to hide for the cops and that is why he has gotten away with it for years and will get away with it again.

Testify in the Haleigh case? What Haleigh case? Where the He!! is Haleigh? Give me a flipping break. Not everybody in blog land is stupid enough to believe this BS.

Sorry for the vent, but I am mad as all get out.

But, he will be under oath. jmo

Sorry but this is Wayyyyyyyyyyyy to comical..............he plea deals over his dead dtr; witholds info re his dead dtr...............there is just NO WAY he would EVER lie under oath! :dance:

OMG....if, if, if there is ever a trial....The States Attorney made the deal. God, seeing that smirk of Ronalds and his evil eyes let's me know all I need to know. There is a huge cover-up. Haleigh will never get justice. Bless her heart....she isn't as important to the powers that be as Ronald Cummings is. Never was.

I wanna know WHAT = 25 years shaved off. It has to be substantial right?

ITA that whatever befell Haleigh wasn't intentional--but after the fact....UGH

I think Ron DID love her to the best of his ability, he again was a "victim" of dysfunction, his mom gave him up to be raised by her mother so this impacts some more than others. It is truly just a heartbreaking scenario and I have great faith that Crystal is stronger now and will see Jr through all of this. Thanks. :)

ITA! As I said in an earlier post...they live what they know. There is no win in all of this mess, no matter what happens now. As Tim Miller said about the Anthonys.'they didn't choose this, but they are choosing their actions now'. Mr Cummings, Ms Croslin, Mr T Croslin and Ms H Sykes are paying in jail for their bad choices.

Whoever made Haleigh 'disappear' will also pay.

Jr will have to live with this all his life. I do hope he gets some help and that his mom stands up to help him through this. Maybe Jr can break the cycle.

Ronald Cummings pleads guilty to drug trafficking

Last Modified: Friday, August 20, 2010 at 6:29 p.m.

By Cindy Swirko
Staff writer http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...8/1002&tc=omni

PALATKA -Terry Shoemaker, said he hopes the total sentence will be 15 years, with the three sentences being served concurrently.

Shoemaker said part of the agreement is that Cummings will provide testimony about his drug co-defendants if needed. But Shoemaker said he doubts that will be necessary because they are not contesting the charges.

"I don't think there is anything else he can give (prosecutors). He has answered all of their questions," Shoemaker said.

Judge Terry LaRue set a sentencing date of Sept. 24.

Several relatives of Cummings, Crystal Sheffield, and Lisa Croslin were in the courtroom for Cummings' hearing

Outside after the hearing, an emotional Crystal Sheffield began yelling from a distance at Lisa Croslin. Relatives of Sheffield had to physically keep her from going over to Lisa Croslin.

Cummings' family declined to comment after the hearing

Going off your post:innocent:

How can the court hear anything that came from him being jail about Haleigh?

Will that not be hear say:banghead:

I think the information that came from behind bars is probably drug related and not Haleigh related...

MOO .....Could Fields Ace/key witness be Mr.Orlando T ...he sure disappeared real fast when his best friends child went missing and when RC would of needed a best friends support the most....its always bothered me he disappeared ...i still am NOT Sure who maybe responsible for HaLeigh missing..I just wish she be found soon

Now wouldn't that be something!

What if Misty's "surprise witness" is someone that will remove Misty from any involvement in Haleigh's disappearance? Maybe someone that was with Misty the night Haleigh disappeared? Just thinking out loud.

Pictures from today, 9 of them. Crystal in picture number 2 looks like she wanted to go get someone. Can't say I'd blame her.

bilde

The caption reads,
Crystal Sheffield, the mother of missing child Haleigh Cummings, is restrained by her mother Marie Griffis and her brother Johnny Sheffield Jr., from going over to Lisa Croslin, the mother of Misty Croslin, while Croslin does an interview with the media in the parking lot of the Putnam County Courthouse Friday, August 20, 2010.

I think the information that Mr Cummings found out in jail might have been about other drug dealers or makers. Perhaps it was two different things...testimony in Haleigh's case and info learned in jail. Just a thought.
I seriously doubt it. It's MOO that Ron's only bargaining power, is the facts surrounding the death of his daughter. Ron had so many drug charges, that if putting away dealers, makers, whatever was LE's priority, they would've just stuck with him. He's a very high profile drug dealer & getting him off the streets, (for decades ), would surely be a big deal. the only thing bigger, is solving Haleigh's murder case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iz2013