Aruba - Natalee Holloway, 18, Oranjestad, 30 May 2005 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it helps a person who is enmeshed psychologically with an outside observation. Unless you've been in a simular situation and have dealt with such a person as Joran, and the volitility of it, it's hard to comprehend just how much this can affect and destroy a person. He's not rational. And she's seeking rational answers. What is this documentary going to do, or prove? That Joran is guilty of murder. We all think that already. Will it give her the answers she is seeking? What is the point? Really.
Think about it, if Peter is using her desparation, then she is allowing it within the realm of her thinking, and someone needs to bring it to her attention, no?

No one is disposable and the loss of a child is never forgettable. but a person has to move forward with their own life also in a positive way. Haunting Joran is not going to bring Natalee back nor bring the answers she's seeking. How long and how many times has she done this? Either she's not thinking rationally or there is another agenda. What's the other agenda and will it bring the answers she says she is seeking? Seems like a vicious cycle to me. I'd like to know your thoughts on what your think her agenda is at this point?

I think her mission in life is to make Joran's life as hellish as possible until she get her answers. And to make people never forget about Natalee as long as the case is unresolved. She is doing admiringly well in that aspect and she has my blessing just doing that.
I bet , it also made her feel better seeing him in that notorious prison even though not as a result of the Natalee murder.
If she got paid by Dutch TV, I hope it is at least 25000K, the amount that the low life swindled her out of.

I totally agree, PattyG. That was just wrong. Enrique doesn't want to compromise the investigation and after all, his sister was brutally murdered. There should be some respect for the Flores family. MOO

I agree 100%.

What Beth did is crazy.

I totally agree, PattyG. That was just wrong. Enrique doesn't want to compromise the investigation and after all, his sister was brutally murdered. There should be some respect for the Flores family. MOO
According to HLN news, Beth went there to pay her respects to the Flores family. As another family Joran has victimized, she had every right to do that and it was a good thing!

It does not sounds like Beth has the blessing of Stephany's family in her current actions. Given Beth's experience with the loss of someone in her family, I wonder how she feels about the wishes of Stephany's family.

"The family of Stephany Flores, who Van der Sloot allegedly murdered on the five year anniversary of Holloway's disappearance, declined to take part in what the Flores family's lawyer called "a soap-opera-like special."

http://gawker.com/5640514/joran-van-der-sloot-and-natalee-holloways-mom-meet-in-prison

I think its possibly she is holding out hope that maybe Joran did sell her to someone in the sexual slavery business. They have not found a trace of her clothing, bones or anything to indicate shes dead. Joran has been seen in a video trying to get other girls into it and he has also murdered someone, so he is capable of both. She might not be able to let go of that little bit of hope until he actually says it to her. She might need that proof to move on. I have heard many victims surviviors of the missing say that not knowing is the worst part. Wondering everyday if there loved one is out there somewhere. Not being in her shoes (thank god) its tough to figure it out. I do feel very badly for the woman.

I'm not looking to blame anyone, I'm looking at this as two people doing some sort of unhealthy dance. Beth wants information that Joran may or may not have, and the obsession has consumed her life. Joran has nothing to lose, and everything to gain financially, so he has no reason to stop the dance. Beth, the mother of a missing woman, is not unique. There are many missing people, and many unresolved crimes. The suffering is endless. At some point, survivors have to find a way to find peace in their lives. Continuously confronting a suspect and continuously getting the same result does not seem healthy.

well said.

I think her mission in life is to make Joran's life as hellish as possible until she get her answers. And to make people never forget about Natalee as long as the case is unresolved. She is doing admiringly well in that aspect and she has my blessing just doing that.
I bet , it also made her feel better seeing him in that notorious prison even though not as a result of the Natalee murder.
If she got paid by Dutch TV, I hope it is at least 25000K, the amount that the low life swindled her out of.

Amen

Well said

According to HLN news, Beth went there to pay her respects to the Flores family. As another family Joran has victimized, she had every right to do that and it was a good thing!
That may have been her intent however the camera lights in their faces and Enrique's comments afterward don't sppear the family perceived it that way. MOO

Beth can certainly do as she pleases with regards to her missing daughter, but I think the current situation is a little more complicated. The victim, for which Joran is in jail, is Stephany. Her family's wishes have a high priority today. I think Stephany's family could see this as the media trying to profit from their loss. I think their wishes should be respected above any desire to use their loss for documentary purposes.

Beth can certainly do as she pleases with regards to her missing daughter, but I think the current situation is a little more complicated. The victim, for which Joran is in jail, is Stephany. Her family's wishes have a high priority today. I think Stephany's family could see this as the media trying to profit from their loss. I think their wishes should be respected above any desire to use their loss for documentary purposes.

There is a big difference between Stephany's family and Beth Holloway.
Stephany's family has closure and knows what happened to her. Beth has none of this and is still haunted by not knowing.

Didn't Joran just give an interview from Castro Castro, bringing up Beth and her of being the reason he is where he is today and her being the one that offered him the money? He brought her into it, he should have just talked about Stephany but he refused to say anything about that, didn't want to talk about stephany at all because it wasn't to his advantage. He was the one that made it all about Beth.

What do you think the Flores family thought of that interview?

Enrique also said that Beth was wonderful when he spoke with her.

Personally I think she wants him to admit it, its really the only way she will be sure Natalies not out there somewhere. He never will, she could spend the rest of her life chasing him down. I wish for her that she could find some peace with god,friends or her public speaking for other childrens safety. Its awful that he took Natalies life but he is also getting Beths life, she is allowing him to do that. Very sad..

Joran is having way too much fun causing Beth pain to ever tell her Natalie's location. He is scum, pure and simple. Beth should have visited his cell mate instead. Beth may have decided to dedicate the rest of her life to finding her daughter. Maybe she did try to move on but just couldn't while watching this grinning monkey sat back, lied over and over again, defiling Natalie with every breath. The only way that Joran will ever give up Natalie's location is if it is in exchange for getting life instead of death. It doesn't look like he is going to get death, not by law enforcement, anyway.

What will Anita do with this!? Joran's supporters saying he was framed?
Those who have been contending Joran was set up ... perhaps by Beth
Holloway! Beth has now handed those folks exactly hat they were looking for, a clearcut example of Beth intruding on the status quo, in another
country no less. Some will now claim it was Beth or her agents who sent
Joran the Mongoloid email. All of this just or starters . . .

Beth seems to have a fundamental lack of underdstanding of who and what she's dealing with in Joran vander Sloot and his cabal.

The last thing Beth needs is a schism between herself and the Flores family.

Where did Beth ever get the idea you try these matters in the MEDIA and not in the
COURTS!? Earth to Beth! Call home!

Joran is having way too much fun causing Beth pain to ever tell her Natalie's location. He is scum, pure and simple. Beth should have visited his cell mate instead. Beth may have decided to dedicate the rest of her life to finding her daughter. Maybe she did try to move on but just couldn't while watching this grinning monkey sat back, lied over and over again, defiling Natalie with every breath. The only way that Joran will ever give up Natalie's location is if it is in exchange for getting life instead of death. It doesn't look like he is going to get death, not by law enforcement, anyway.

Yes he is having too much fun its a shame Beth cant see that.

I don't think Beth has an **agenda** other than what she's been saying for five years.

Unless you've been in such a situation and had your child disappear no one can say what she should and shouldn't do.

Not with a child, but does that make the pain less?

Does anyone dispute that Joran holds the answers to what happened to Natalee?
IMO, he knows what happened, but he may not know where her body is.

That may be, but noone has the right to tell Beth to stop.:twocents:
No one's telling Beth to stop, just that it seems unhealthy to pursue something that some people think she will never have the truthful answer the to.

On a personal note: If Joran had murdered my little girl I would want to see him, in person, in the hell hole that is his home. I would need to do that in order to at least start to heal. I'm sure that the sight of this scum sitting in that hell hole is a tiny bit of pleasure to her. I know it would help me feel better.

What will Anita do with this!? Joran's supporters saying he was framed?
Those who have been contending Joran was set up ... perhaps by Beth
Holloway! Beth has now handed those folks exactly hat they were looking for, a clearcut example of Beth intruding on the status quo, in another
country no less. Some will now claim it was Beth or her agents who sent
Joran the Mongoloid email. All of this just or starters . . .

Beth seems to have a fundamental lack of underdstanding of who and what she's dealing with in Joran vander Sloot and his cabal.

The last thing Beth needs is a schism between herself and the Flores family.

Where did Beth ever get the idea you try these matters in the MEDIA and not in the
COURTS!? Earth to Beth!

What can Anita do with this? Or the Beth haters? They will say what they always say, it doesn't matter. What matters is the evidence.

Think about it, all that Beth said was I hold no hatred in my heart for you. That's it.

People need to forget what was misreported yesterday and at least wait until this documentary is aired or until we hear the rest of the story. Peter denies that they were thrown out or that there was anything underhanded done by them.

I couldn't agree more. Beth seems to think she's the only one who's suffering by totally disregarding and putting herself before the suffering being endured gracefully by the Flores family.

What she did to Enrique is despicable! She's willing to sacriface his feelings and that of the entire Flores family for a TV show!!!...that's disgraceful!!!

MOO

"elcomercio.pe found [Beth] was staying at the Sheraton hotel until 5:30 in the morning and then left the building with their belongings. It is not known if it stays there or if she returned to the United States.

In Lima, Bruno Guzman, a spokesman for the National Penitentiary Institute, told the AP that the records of income Castro Castro prison, where Van der Sloot is being held, "does not include the name of the mother of Natalee Holloway."

http://translate.google.com/transla...ria-reunido-van-der-sloot-penal-castro-castro

I saw another blurb on a Dutch blog that, after leaving the prison, de Vries was deported...but, perhaps it was a poor translation and actually meant 'departed the country'. I really wonder what they were actually trying to accomplish in Peru!

We don't even know what happened yet.

I am surprised at all of the Beth critics on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow