NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHNS Channel 21 news comes on at 10pm EST. WLOS tv 13 news is at 11pm EST.

Do we know that Zahra was on pain meds? I haven't read that at all. tia

Know what? I don't think that we do. I apologize for hypothosizing without any foundation.

We know drugs were found at the home, and SM relatives say she dealt and used drugs.

We do NOT know that Zahra was on pain meds. It would certainly stand to reason that at some points during her battles with cancer, amputation, hearing loss she was on various medications but you are right.

It has not yet been established even if Zahra was regularly seen by a doctor let alone om meds.

I feel that way about the dad, now... I fell for his tears on GMA the other day, I did... I had compassion for him. Now... grrrrrrrrrrr
I fell for the same load of BS from Susan Smith years ago too! You are NOT alone. (((hugs)))

Prayers for Zahra Baker as crews drain pond in search for missing Hickory Girl

Several hundred people gathered at a local church for a candlelight vigil for 10-year-old Zahra Baker Wednesday night, as police expanded their search for the missing girl and drained a pond near the tree-trimming company where her father has worked.
People sang and prayed for Zahra outside the East Hickory Baptist Church, their children playing on swings and a jungle gym nearby.

More...

I have not finished reading this thread, so forgive me. I am at the part of the thread where the prosthesis is being discussed. I had heard on Nancy Grace that the leg was made of titanium - cannot remember who said it. Titanium is one of the strongest materials know to man. You cannot saw through it and you certainly cannot push it through a woodchipper.

I know about titanium because I have a titanium plate with screws in my neck. It was placed there on my 3rd neck surgery because my bone, nor the none from the bone bank would fuse. I had researched titanium because it was going to be placed in my neck and I wanted to know all about it. That prosthetic leg would not be destroyed, so it is out there somewhere. LE willl find it or someone will, IMO.

Going back to read where I left off!

JMO

Know what? I don't think that we do. I apologize for hypothosizing without any foundation.

We know drugs were found at the home, and SM relatives say she dealt and used drugs.

We do NOT know that Zahra was on pain meds. It would certainly stand to reason that at some points during her battles with cancer, amputation, hearing loss she was on various medications but you are right.

It has not yet been established even if Zahra was regularly seen by a doctor let alone om meds.

No apology necessary, please! Right now I'm wondering if Zahra had any medical care at all. Her medical care seemed to take place in her homeland. Hearing aids here in the states. Don't know where Zahra was fitted for her prosthesis, but from the sounds of step-mom, I doubt her comfort was even considered. Did step-mom use her to get pain meds, I don't put anything past her. She's sadistic - she's a predator - and preys on the child in her care, a 10yo special needs little girl. SM is despicable. moo

I can see step-mom faking pain for pain meds.

I have not finished reading this thread, so forgive me. I am at the part of the thread where the prosthesis is being discussed. I had heard on Nancy Grace that the leg was made of titanium - cannot remember who said it. Titanium is one of the strongest materials know to man. You cannot saw through it and you certainly cannot push it through a woodchipper.

I know about titanium because I have a titanium plate with screws in my neck. It was placed there on my 3rd neck surgery because my bone, nor the none from the bone bank would fuse. I had researched titanium because it was going to be placed in my neck and I wanted to know all about it. That prosthetic leg would not be destroyed, so it is out there somewhere. LE willl find it or someone will, IMO.

JMO

Great info, thanks!!

From the Charlotte Observer article (above)

Adam Baker, 33, hasn't been charged in connection with the case and has remained largely out of the public eye except for a Monday appearance on Good Morning America where he acknowledged it was possible his wife might have been involved in Zahra's disappearance.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/13/1758012/missing-girl-now-believed-to-be.html

So, apparently, he was not at the vigil.

AY is saying on facebook that Lisa (Elesa) took Zahra away because people cared more about Zahra then they did Lisa. AY is calling her selfish and heartless.

JMO

Just had a sick thought LaLaw - can titanium be dissolved with any chemicals like HCL, suilfuric acid, or another corrosive chemical? TIA

If I was a betting woman..i'd bet the farm on it. Umm If I had one. :angel:

Yeah, no way did he go to any vigil and expose himself to the public. Hopefully he is still with LE helping them with their enquiries - either that or he must be in hiding.

JMO

BBM When you get caught back up to here maybe you could answer this - If someone, not realizing that, tried to put it through the chipper after it had been worn by a deceased person, would the titanium be damaged, scraped?

I am wondering if it would have left behind titanium shavings, residue on the "blades" (don't know the proper word) of the wood chipper that the dogs could have then hit upon on the equipment?

Perhaps the pond wasn't the location of choice for prosthetic but of convenience in a pinch?

OT My hubby has steel plates, pins screws, etc in ankle and one whole side of face was put back together like humpty dumpty. I don't know if they were doing titanium back for all the traumas of his youth :)

I know that a prosthesis can be heavy but would one float?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX