NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Coffee himself say he didn't have a son.....or am I mis-remembering again?

My southern relatives sometimes use the term "like a red-headed stepchild" to refer to someone who is an outcast (presumably because stepchildren are treated less preferentially, and redheads are subjected to teasing/being cast out for being 'different' so a "red-headed stepchild" would get the worst treatment possible). NOT saying this is related to the wording in the ransom note. But for reference.

Kimster,

Now THAT on the other hand, I have NO trouble believing.

Been lurking for years, finally decided I couldn't keep my mouth shut anymore so I joined.... And finally got caught up on all of these threads, now I have no words......

Yes, IKWYM. This case can shock you into silence, you know?

Hard to believe we tread on the same planet as people who are capable of committing a crime such as this. It makes me sick to my stomach, almost literally.

Sad..... some of these cases are so bad I have to turn away from them, they break my heart. Give me bad dreams, and weigh heavy on me.

And, Welcome! what took you so long? We have been waiting for you to join!

Ima fixin' to vent so get ready,lol

I am just about ready to find me a good ole Tenn. farmer and rent his big ole truck from him and load me up a truck load of women and open a can of whoop arse on these good for nothing excuses for humans that tortue these kids if that is the case. Gawd I am so sick of this crap!

Ok I think I can make it now. Maybe.

My southern relatives sometimes use the term "like a red-headed stepchild" to refer to someone who is an outcast (presumably because stepchildren are treated less preferentially, and redheads are subjected to teasing/being cast out for being 'different' so a "red-headed stepchild" would get the worst treatment possible). NOT saying this is related to the wording in the ransom note. But for reference.

That was what first went through my mind when I heard what the ransom note said!!!

JC: we have a render's drawing of that attic
-4 to 4 1/2 feet tall at its highest point
-she wouldn't have been able to stand up in there

Yes a family member has said they have asked if they can come in with the dogs to search.

I know this has to be hard on your family, but it's better to just get it done and get it over with KWIM?

She had to be going to school during that period.....I'm saying they jumped on the band wagon, 15 minutes and all. JMO

I thought she was supposedly being home schooled, but was never registered for home schooling. Guess that means she was never schooled, and was held "captive" by those "parents". And I use "parents" very very loosely.

And yet, Zarah smiles in pictures.

There's a special place in hell for whoever did something to this dear child.

abbie

I was running errands today with my daughter and on a whim turned down Zahra's street. I saw that on the fence railing across the street from Clark Tire, that someone had tied up some balloons and a stuffed animal. And that there is a collection of stuffed animals and whatnots around a tree in her front yard. I plan on going back tomorrow to bring a balloon from my daughter and I. I just can't believe that it's been almost a week since the amber alert and with everything that has been found, that we still don't have her or her body or any more answers...

BTW. It's just not Nancy Grace, when she's not on... ugh!

Yes, IKWYM. This case can shock you into silence, you know?Hard to believe we tread on the same planet as people who are capable of committing a crime such as this. It makes me sick to my stomach, almost literally.

Sad..... some of these cases are so bad I have to turn away from them, they break my heart. Give me bad dreams, and weigh heavy on me.

And, Welcome! what took you so long? We have been waiting for you to join!

Has me for certain.. And those who know me from another forum will vouch..

husband: me and owner doin walk thru---closet door was missing; shelf was missing; footprints on t sides of t door facing to; the closet door was totally gone

above is t reason they think she was livin in the attic (as well as noises from the attic never heard once they moved out)

BBM: not watching NG now, can you clarify? :)

I'm coming out of lurking for poor Zahra. This case makes me so sad and makes me want to hug my kids even tighter!

Anyway, the dad said he didn't get home from work until 11:30? Who does landscaping that late? I mean, I can see until at the latest 9pm, but 11:30pm? How can you landscape in the dark?

I don't believe that the dad knows about where Zarha is, but he has to know that his "wife" is guilty. I think that she put the ransom note in the SUV and lit the fire, called the fire department hoping that they would find the note and ask to check on Zahra and she would have been missing. What I do wonder though is who found the note in the car? Was is the firemen? Did EB point it out? Anyone know?

I thought she was supposedly being home schooled, but was never registered for home schooling. Guess that means she was never schooled, and was held "captive" by those "parents". And I use "parents" very very loosely.

And yet, Zarah smiles in pictures.

There's a special place in hell for whoever did something to this dear child.

abbie

Hey Abbie, She was in school during the period they lived where the attic was. It was THIS year they said they were going to home school her.

forensic psych: she would not have wanted to live up in t attic (to get away from EB)
woman beyond sadistic; lesson about single parents and bringing partner into t home

Ima fixin' to vent so get ready,lol

I am just about ready to find me a good ole Tenn. farmer and rent his big ole truck from him and load me up a truck load of women and open a can of whoop arse on these good for nothing excuses for humans that tortue these kids if that is the case. Gawd I am so sick of this crap!

Ok I think I can make it now. Maybe.

LOL! Let me know when you do so you can pick me up. I'm just approx. 30 mi. north of Chattanooga (Cleveland, TN).

I don't know a thing about the attic. Is it big enough to store drugs? Only 4 feet high, so no adult would be walking up there right? How about heat or cold? TIA

OMG... I don't know why this struck me so hard right now, but the woman on Nancy Grace just was talking about Zahra and the fact that she had battled bone cancer and was deaf... the fact that her hearing aids were left at home, if this happened elsewhere, that she couldn't hear what happened to her.. just see and feel...

This is not a direct quote, I paraphrased since I'm too lazy to find the remote to rewind... But wow. That I never thought about that.
I thought she had some hearing though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtCoroner