NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so let me see if I got this right. Human remains found but it is NOT A SOLID LEAD?? :waitasec:

I HIGHLY suspect that the media is the one that said "human remains" NOT LE. I can find NO report of LE stating the hits were "human remains". Only a neighbor who asserted that and media.

It makes sense.
First dogs on the scene IME are local police dogs. It's RARE that police dogs are trained in HRD.
It was reported that those dogs hit on "human remains" in the car and wood chipper.
LE states the hits are NOT A SOLID LEAD.
It's reported in MSM that NEW dogs are being brought in.
They told either yourself (or Pnut) that they do not have HRD dogs and that they have to rely on outside sources for them.

Therefore, it makes sense that the "hits" were for blood and NOT for human remains.

One could pinpoint the first mention of woodchipper and correlate with the time they declared this a homicide.

The Amber Alert was cancelled 12 October; the first mention in the press that I can find about the wood chipper is 13 October.

Just trying to understand here but can you please explain to me how blood on a wood chipper, whether on the engine or on blade should be discounted? Yes, it "could" have come from a cut on the hand and it "could" have come from a murder....

If you could explain to me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

LE clearly said it was no longer a solid lead. I'd say they had enough time to test and see if the blood was human and what type it was.

Possibly because the dogs hit on the cars. But again, I don't think they would declare it a homicide unless they had something better than that.

Me either... LE knows a lot! And we are fishing for rupdates.... lol

In this case, HUMAN BLOOD was found on the engine compartment of the wood chipper because they said could have come from the cut finger of one of the workers. MSM used the wrong term to describe what was found, IMHO.

And this is why I take everything media says with a grain of salt. Unless of course it's a video coming straight from LE's mouth.

Just to follow up my last post ....

http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...ors-try-new-dogs-at-home-of-missing-girl.html

Investigators returned yesterday with search dogs for another look at the home in Hickory, N.C., where 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker was reported missing last weekend.

Authorities said they brought a different set of dogs than those that checked the house earlier this week.

The dogs and their handlers searched inside the house and were seen in the backyard. Searchers looked under piles of brush and along the fence line, with the missing girl's father, Adam Baker, inside the home while the search took place.

Just trying to understand here but can you please explain to me how blood on a wood chipper, whether on the engine or on blade should be discounted? Yes, it "could" have come from a cut on the hand and it "could" have come from a murder....

If you could explain to me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I agree with you. My concern is that the lead investigating agency has NOT said they have ruled it out. Burke County was only assisting. And I never said that Z went through the chipper, although she may have and if the chipper was ruled out during week one, why has it suddenly disappeared. I doubt LE would allow anything to be removed unless they are 100% sure and nothing about this case says 100% except this is a homicide investigation and Z's pl has been found.

ITA with you Sarx.. not to mention... if a body HAD gone thru the chipper and they found evidence there... they would not be using rakes... they would be there for DAYS... on hands and knees with screens and sifters trying to recover every single piece.... we would see tents up over the site they were sifting.... much like an archeological dig.

I think they were looking for something on their "list" ((that was mentioned during the landfill search)) that could have been hidden under the mulch piles, put in the chipper ((not a body but other evidence)), or burned in the fire.

moo

You are absolutely right. Let's forget the chipper for a minute and think about the body fragments that would have come out of it. How long would it take to collect it all? Would it be left in the open and exposed to prying eyes and to the elements to get rained on further? No, if any of these areas had been the scene where she went through a chipper they would have taken great care and caution and it would have taken a lot longer to collect.

they may have removed the chipper from the yard because it was in their way of digging? just a thought

Yes there were two, I saw one in the backyard after they released the property the first time.

Was it not a fact that they took one chipper apart and checked it piece by piece?
If correct the very fact that they left a chipper at the house tells me it wasn't evidence, and contained no signs of evidence on or in it.

Ok, I can't research this now - but I will later on tonight (and look for the pics as well). IIRC there were TWO wood chippers originally. The big industrial one on the property where AB worked/ That was the one the dog hit on the engine compartment. BUT, there was also a second, smaller one. One that is usually towed behind a truck (like you see in your neighborhood when they come to trim the trees), it was actually in the backyard of the house. And, IIRC the dog hit on that one as well. Don't know if that is in the original search warrant (only one we have).

I remember posting adn wondering about the neighbors - the last time they heard that chipper fire up. So, I really believe there were 2. The industrial one at the work site and a smaller portable one in the backyard.

Like I said, later on tonight I'll go back and find pics and see if I can find the reference to the one at the house.

I am not sure on this ... but I have heard that there was a wood SPLITTER on the home property ... Not a wood chipper. I also did not see it reported anywhere that the one at the home had been "hit" on :waitasec:

Ok, I am done with this topic of the wood chipper. It is taking up way too much of my time and is not bringing anyone any closer to finding Zahra. I need to get back to focusing on maps and all the confirmed evidence in hopes that something will make sense and I might actually be able to do some good.
Feel free to use my quotes or argue them, but I'm bowing out of this one, there is really nothing more I can say if you're not already convinced.

You are absolutely right. Let's forget the chipper for a minute and think about the body fragments that would have come out of it. How long would it take to collect it all? Would it be left in the open and exposed to prying eyes and to the elements to get rained on further? No, if any of these areas had been the scene where she went through a chipper they would have taken great care and caution and it would have taken a lot longer to collect.
bbm... exactly... even look at the anthony case..... it took DAYS to recover the animal scattering of the bones.... a chipper... it would take much longer and they would not be able to hide from the prying eyes of the media...

they would also in my opinion, have made a statement that remains had been discovered even if they had to await dna/id.

all moo

THey needed her mattress for her scent, they got that, then that led to the leg, then that led back to the house

thank you sarx! ((give your doggies a kiss and a treat from me!)) and thanks for all you do and your invaluable professional expertise.

Police have said the hit on the chipper was not a solid lead. The K9 handler said that the blood was NOT on the chipper, just the engine.

I don't care how much you hosed a chipper down after putting human remains in it, there would be blood/tissue on way more than just the engine. JMO

I am not sure on this ... but I have heard that there was a wood SPLITTER on the home property ... Not a wood chipper. I also did not see it reported anywhere that the one at the home had been "hit" on :waitasec:

Correct it was a log splitter in the backyard.
The Baker house is a simple, one-story structure, with a tarp over part of the roof, stacks of firewood in the backyard, a log splitter and a truck from Real Tree Services of Morganton.
An adult dog and a puppy stay in the back yard. A neighbor, according to a passerby, waters the dogs.
However, Mitchell said he never heard any commotion or machinery being operated on the property.

http://www.thetimesnews.com/articles/neighbors-37678-never-saw.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member