NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for those links, Capri and TLcox. I knew that DSS had come to the house, but didn't have the first clue that school officials had also come out. I'm multi-tasking and may have missed this if it was in those links, but I didn't notice any time frame for when school officials visited. Do we know around what time this visit, or the one from DSS occured?

Thanks for those links, Capri and TLcox. I knew that DSS had come to the house, but didn't have the first clue that school officials had also come out. I'm multi-tasking and may have missed this if it was in those links, but I didn't notice any time frame for when school officials visited. Do we know around what time this visit, or the one from DSS occured?

I think the school official visits probably were shortly before the DSS visit. No link to back it but IME (in my experience) DSS is required to follow up on complaints or concerns within a specific time period. Here in my state, if I recall it is 48 hours or 72.

snipped from nurse:
her son had remarried and they had taken off overseas quite abruptly and she didn’t have any idea exactly where they were.”

1. why abruptly move overseas?
2. why would a son/mother not keep in contact?

How to pose this question and be tactful...:waitasec: Was AB a "mama's boy"?

1. In the absence of forums I have posted these two thematically side by side, though I am only referring to teh's post in my #2 below:

2. Given the cultural differences at hand, it might be helpful to try and narrow down what you mean by that phrase, teh...?

(OT: Mtn_Kat, I will trade you some homemade buffalo wings for some homemade apple butter?)

I looked up Hickory,NC on Wikipedia,and it is larger than I thought,estimated in 2009 population 41,469..
All that moving gets me.. How they could afford all the "turn-on fees" is beyond me..

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Caldwell-school-officials-tried-to-help-Zahra-Baker-104985934.html

"A source told NewsChannel 36 that the staff at Hudson did see signs of trouble in Zahra’s life and even visited her home.

"They utilized every resource within the school and any referral process that was available in the school for the well-being and welfare of Zahra," says Libby Brown, with Caldwell County schools.

Those staff members reported their concerns to the Department of Social Services, who then visited the Baker home."

:eek:

:banghead: :furious: :steamed: :rage: :cursing:

Family members said they reported abuse,also. So why was Zahra left in that home? Why?
Sure explains why EB chose "homeschooling " . I still consider myself part of the homeschooling community ,and this just Pi$#es me off.
As a former foster parent I can't say I'm surprised at the outcome. :furious:

wfgodot
I have read them but cant comment atm I am still waiting to be verified. I will add that the police have ALL legal docs and medical records.

Mountain_Kat
I am a family friend and once I am verified I will be able to post more comments.

I think the school official visits probably were shortly before the DSS visit. No link to back it but IME (in my experience) DSS is required to follow up on complaints or concerns within a specific time period. Here in my state, if I recall it is 48 hours or 72.

I'll go with your knowledge of that, since I'm clueless on the subject. We don't know when school officials came out, though? Nothing we can use to try to pin that time period down?

wfgodot
I have read them but cant comment atm I am still waiting to be verified. I will add that the police have ALL legal docs and medical records.

Mountain_Kat
I am a family friend and once I am verified I will be able to post more comments.

Thanks, Cotannah.

exactly.. all for show...

and then they move again... and not even one neighbor notices a child in the house.. nor does AB mention her in talking to neighbors over the fence.

I am ready for justice!

EB always moved.

Probably due to fights.

Maybe due to drugs and staying too long would create a hot spot, speculating.

My train of thought today is on the BB video and anything related to the communicating threats...:waitasec:

In Giru, the Bakers’ friend Kim Wright thought that Elisa wasn’t telling the truth about who she was.
She claimed to be a police officer shot in the line of duty. She said she was a bounty hunter.
“She had a lot of stories that never quite rang true,” Wright said.
They married in July 2008 in the backyard of Adam’s parent’s house in Giru, not far from the sugar mill. That November, they moved some 10,000 miles to North Carolina.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...alia-was-smiles-survival-family-an-ar-498884/

I'll go with your knowledge of that, since I'm clueless on the subject. We don't know when school officials came out, though? Nothing we can use to try to pin that time period down?

you could try sleuthing it. I have no link to offer and too pressed to go look for one right now but all I do is open a new tab and go floating round looking on the web. I am getting better with each passing day at deciding what to type as my search key words. :) Curious what you would come up with but not curious enough to go look myself know what I mean?

in reference to the article about AB leaving in a hurry and KB not knowing where they lived. Are the dates right in that article?

When did AB move to USA? I read one place 2010. Thensupposedly he married EB in 2008 and moved here.

Does anyone know which is correct?

you could try sleuthing it. I have no link to offer and too pressed to go look for one right now but all I do is open a new tab and go floating round looking on the web. I am getting better with each passing day at deciding what to type as my search key words. :) Curious what you would come up with but not curious enough to go look myself know what I mean?

Yeah, I know what you mean. You mean I should get off my lazy arse and do some footwork. ;-)

ETA: LOL...if I come up with anything I'll let you know, even though I am deeply wounded by your treatment of me as an obvious Newbie. :p

in reference to the article about AB leaving in a hurry and KB not knowing where they lived. Are the dates right in that article?

When did AB move to USA? I read one place 2010. Thensupposedly he married EB in 2008 and moved here.

Does anyone know which is correct?

I belief the 2008 report is correct. I am not looking for links tho for folks unless the topic sparks a line of thought I want to follow right now tho, sorry.

1. In the absence of forums I have posted these two thematically side by side, though I am only referring to teh's post in my #2 below:

2. Given the cultural differences at hand, it might be helpful to try and narrow down what you mean by that phrase, teh...?

(OT: Mtn_Kat, I will trade you some homemade buffalo wings for some homemade apple butter?)

I was just wondering if mama always bossed him around and told him what to do........

lol @ MK, I am gonna break you in quick hon. I forget you are a noob when I am theorizing with you. In light of your noobness you are coming along fast here friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevi4200